Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 23: March-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we all remember the pictures of the glum POW and the unhappy Diana once their marriage started breaking down. Some things are very hard to hide and the facade cannot be maintained all the time. If C&C's marriage was in trouble I think there would be photographic evidence.

Cat

Past royal divorces have shown you can't know much about the state of a marriage from public appearances, at least not until the marriage has reached breaking point. Of course they're going to appear happy in public and of course some tabloid is going to claim they're unhappy in private. Neither perspective reveals much of the truth, IMO.

I agree with you in general. But with Charles and Camilla we have such a long history of friendship and of knowing each other - so even if they have a row occasionally, that's their right. You should hear some of the rows I have with my dearest husband... and we love each other very much! Plus on the occasional video coverage of C&C we see their body language - and this tells of a shared humour and closeness. So I'M afraid this time the D.... Mail won't find the roots of a Royal divorce here.

But what about HM visiting Camilla in private? It was claimed and I wonder what this information is meaning - be it the truth or a lie, there must be a reason for publishing it.... Which one? Ideas welcome. :flowers:

Surely we all remember the pictures of the glum POW and the unhappy Diana once their marriage started breaking down. Some things are very hard to hide and the facade cannot be maintained all the time. If C&C's marriage was in trouble I think there would be photographic evidence.

Cat

I was thinking more of Camilla. I agree that it's pretty hard to believe Charles is unhappy in their marriage; he always seems to be beaming, and we do know it's written on his face when he's unhappy!

But the articles never really implied Charles was unhappy, they were more focused on Camilla. And we haven't seen what Camilla acts like in an unhappy marriage. She may be a whole lot better at putting on a facade than Charles. I'm not saying the reports are true, they sound like pointless gossip to me and in any case reports of a divorce are obviously exaggerations, but some of it is not such unbelievable gossip to me. Charles wouldn't be the first husband to be more attentive to his wife's feelings and desires before marriage than afterwards. And Camilla wouldn't be the first wife to notice this and get frustrated.

Cat

I agree with you LadyCat!
I closely follow the Prince of Wales for nearly 30 years now and also for many years the Duchess of Cornwall.
Charles isn´t someone who can hide his feelings and his mood very well, many pics from many occasions all over the years show this.
The happy Prince we can see in his marrige with Camilla and the interaction of the couple ( also on pics from the last week, the week before....) support the rumours written in the Mail in no way.
(But the article of the Mail goes around the world. I could read it in my local newspaper today too. So the authors of the tabloid can be content...)

But what about HM visiting Camilla in private? It was claimed and I wonder what this information is meaning - be it the truth or a lie, there must be a reason for publishing it.... Which one? Ideas welcome. :flowers:

Can we believe only one word written in this tabloid?

The reason (IMO) could be to tell that Camilla is exepted now by the Queen, they have privat meetings, but now her husband does not care for her. The Prince was the bad in the marriage with Diana and now he is the evil one again who ignores the needs and wishes of his wife, the selfish one, etc....
And this man will be our next King??? Not suitable! :eek::eek::eek:

I always give little thought to anything the tabloids have to say, but these rumours have been circulating since at least last August and they just don't seem to stop. I'm truly very cautious to believe anything a tabloid prints but even I'm starting to wonder about the state of their marriage.

One never knows what is happening inside a marriage, but the rumours go back way before last August.
For example, here's one of my favourites from May 2005: Gasp!

as a ps I wonder if the August date is significant for these rumours. There were other events in August...

The reason (IMO) could be to tell that Camilla is exepted now by the Queen, they have privat meetings, but now her husband does not care for her. The Prince was the bad in the marriage with Diana and now he is the evil one again who ignores the needs and wishes of his wife, the selfish one, etc....
And this man will be our next King??? Not suitable! :eek::eek::eek:

Interestingly enough Camilla seems to have exactly the same problems with Charles that Diana had: she is bored by his friends (who are her own friends fro 30 years BTW), she has difficulties adapting to her role... Next time we'll read that Camilla secretly suffers from bulimia since her honeymoon....:D

One never knows what is happening inside a marriage, but the rumours go back way before last August.
For example, here's one of my favourites from May 2005: Gasp!

as a ps I wonder if the August date is significant for these rumours. There were other events in August...

Thank you for clarifying the facts, Warren!:D
The rumour that their marriage is on the rocks started in May 2005 and there is an end of it out of sight...:whistling:

Last edited:
Imo we must see in these gossips just some nostalgia from uninspired "journalists" about the glorious 90's and their various royal scandals ( linked with some sales records of course).
Sadly for this well intentioned brigade the BRF is stronger than ever...

Btw next gossip article in similar Polish yellow paper: Camilla stop drinking.
There was mention something that when she was absent from the public/any engagements she was in private clinic on therapy somewhere in London. And when they go for their last sunny trip she was free from alcohol.;)

Btw maybe we should start thread about stupid gossips about royalty?

One of my favorite "articles" about Charles and Camilla's impending divorce was the one where she demanded she be named Queen Consort or she would divorce Charles! I think she got like 200 million pounds and the title--but I didnt' actually read it. I just saw it while standing in line at the grocery store (my exciting life!)

The title and 200 million pounds?

I don't think I undertand the "logic" (of course there is none) in that article, jcbcode99...:lol:

...my exciting life!

Oh you do bring a smile to my face!

But the articles never really implied Charles was unhappy, they were more focused on Camilla. And we haven't seen what Camilla acts like in an unhappy marriage. She may be a whole lot better at putting on a facade than Charles.
Most women, if they are unhappy in a marriage, make their husbands unhappy too, as we saw with the Charles/Diana fiasco. I have seen them recently and neither seemed to me to be putting on an act for the benefit of anyone! sorry, no links though! :D

Last edited:
Imo we must see in these gossips just some nostalgia from uninspired "journalists" about the glorious 90's and their various royal scandals ( linked with some sales records of course).
Sadly for this well intentioned brigade the BRF is stronger than ever...
That was what I was thinking. Bad royal press = sales for the tabloids. If there is no scandal to report they create one or at least try to. There will always be a loyal Diana contingent that abhors Camilla and the tabloids will always pander to that contingent. Fortunately most people are able to see through the charade and come to the same conclusions as most of us here. Sadly, there will always be those out there in the world who will devour every bit of negative Camilla press with glee.

Cat

Most women, if they are unhappy in a marriage, make their husbands unhappy too, as we saw with the Charles/Diana fiasco. I have seen them recently and neither seemed to me to be putting on an act for the benefit of anyone! sorry, no links though! :D

Some men dont even see the rocks in the first place. And they think that every one is as honest as them.
(that is SOME MEN)

Some men dont even see the rocks in the first place. And they think that every one is as honest as them.
(that is SOME MEN)
Mine knows when I call him dear! :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking more of Camilla. I agree that it's pretty hard to believe Charles is unhappy in their marriage; he always seems to be beaming, and we do know it's written on his face when he's unhappy!

But the articles never really implied Charles was unhappy, they were more focused on Camilla. And we haven't seen what Camilla acts like in an unhappy marriage. She may be a whole lot better at putting on a facade than Charles. I'm not saying the reports are true, they sound like pointless gossip to me and in any case reports of a divorce are obviously exaggerations, but some of it is not such unbelievable gossip to me. Charles wouldn't be the first husband to be more attentive to his wife's feelings and desires before marriage than afterwards. And Camilla wouldn't be the first wife to notice this and get frustrated.

First, they pretty much share the same set of friends and have for a long time. Camilla may find the royal duties a bit boring but she seems to handle them well. She does strike me as someone who likes her space and may find the constant entourage a bit of a nuisance. I also think that she and Charles are of a certain age and comfort level in there relationship that if either needs constant attention it would be Charles not Camilla. My guess is that since both are very independent the fact that Camilla no longer sees the need to go on holidays that are not of her liking (such as skiing), the press has taken this as a sign that they are not getting along. I thought Camilla was having adjustment problems when the first got married but I thought they had fallen into pretty much a comfortable pattern. Either they are both brilliant actors or nothing is wrong in the relationship. JMO

Pics 21.4.2008

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, in their
role as Duke and Duchess of Rothesay, officially unveil the Queen Mother
Memorial Gates at Glamis Castle on April 21, 2008 near Forfar in Angus,
Scotland. Glamis Castle is the ancestral and childhood home of the Prince's
grandmother, Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

I love the second pic :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

More pics from Mediumphoto
Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall unveil the new Queen Mother Memorial gates at Glamis Castle. April 21 2008.
MediumPhoto

It seems the Duchess went on a secret shopping trip to a certain Miss Middleton's favorite boot maker.:lol::lol:

So it would seem. Unless they are the same size and share. Is that not what girls do together?

Prince Charles: I miss Queen Mother every day
April 22

The Prince of Wales has described how much he missed his grandmother, the late Queen Elizabeth, as he unveiled a memorial to her at her childhood home.

Prince Charles: I miss Queen Mother every day - Telegraph
"Like many here, I suspect, I miss my grandmother every day."I miss her vitality, her interest in the lives of others, her courage and determination, her perceptive wisdom, her calm in the face of all difficulties, her steadfast belief in the British people and above all her sense of mischievous humour.
They were certainly close and he is not embarrassed to let everyone know how much he loved her. :wub:

More pics from today :flowers:
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
meet pupils from the Elmhurst Ballet School during a visit to re-open
Birmingham's refurbished Town Hall on April 22, 2008 in Birmingham

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

More pics from today :flowers:
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
meet pupils from the Elmhurst Ballet School during a visit to re-open
Birmingham's refurbished Town Hall on April 22, 2008 in Birmingham

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Camilla looked lovely at both the recent engagements - the Glamis visit, and the ballet in Brum. I have to say, she is usually very well dressed, despite being a consummate recycler of her clothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom