British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Queen hosted the first Buckingham Palace garden party of the summer today for Olympians, Paralympians and London 2012 officials-
Home - ITNSource News

the queen and catherine PERFECTS!!!!!
I see charleslooking catherine happy, really happy.

I notice that too with Charles. He likes his "darling daughter-in-law" and can't wait to become a grandfather.

Yes it does. I love the idea of eating one or two of these while talking to the royal over tea.

If you want a recipe, try Darren McGrady's Eating Royally: Recipes and Remembrances from a Palace Kitchen on Kindle.
I'd take a plate.

Last edited:
If you want a recipe, try Darren McGrady's Eating Royally: Recipes and Remembrances from a Palace Kitchen on Kindle.
I'd take a plate.

I have the book but I don't recall seeing the recipe in there. I'd have to check again.

What a lovely party. Catherine looks wonderful in that yellow outfit and she looks happy and relaxed, Charles looks happy as well. I bet he cant wait to be a grandpa. Its nice to see them together. As for that little cake, I could eat about a dozen of those! Yumm!!

That chocolate cake looks amazing, and all the royals in attendance appeared to be having a marvelous time.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 17m
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge & Prince Harry will join The Queen at the 60th Anniversary Coronation Service at Westminster Abbey, 4th June

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 14m
The Queen's four children and families will join her and the Duke for the service at Westminster Abbey, the site of her 1953 Coronation.

Tim Ewart ‏@EwartRoyale 50m
Buckingham Palace announce full turnout of royals for Coronation anniversary service Westminster Abbey June 4

Last edited:
Picture:
Mini chocolate mousse cakes served at the Queen’s garden party: (via @JoTomlin):
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/image/51078524813

That looks very good.
The salmon sandwich and the tartelette with raspberries look all right, whereas the chocolate cake seems to be a heavy gloopy mess. Anyway English treats are not as elegant and refined as the Japanese ones.

Last edited:
Do The Emperor and Empress host many garden parties in Japan?

:previous:
Yes. There are 2 annual garden parties: spring and autumn. http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/e-about/kyuchu/enyukai.html

The spring garden party for 2013 took place at the Akasaka Imperial Garden in Tokyo on April 18, 2013. You can check the photos in thread devoted the Japanese Imperial family current events.

Last edited:
The salmon sandwich and the tartelette with raspberries look all right, whereas the chocolate cake seems to be a heavy gloopy mess. Anyway English treats are not as elegant and refined as the Japanese ones.

Its not a gloopy mes. The base is firm chocolate cake, then chocolate fondant icing, a chocolate button with edible gold crown. It tasted lovely, but rich.

A gloopy mess is my opinion based on the photo provided. You can disagree with me. ... and yes, most western desserts are revoltingly sweet and fat.

Last edited:
I've eaten 2 of them - and they are sweet but going to a garden party is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

It is great that you liked the cakes in question. Personally I would not have touched them.

The right thread is closed,I post this here

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Confirmed today that Kate, William and Harry are going to the Queen's Coronation service at Westminster Abbey next Tuesday

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent attended a reception (hosted by Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh) to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service at St. James' Palace today, May 29, 2013.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen's Award for Voluntary Service **

It might just be that I've not noticed it before but it seems to me as if the Queen is using her cousins (elder members of the working Royal Family) more and more for these type of receptions whilst younger members of the family (the Wales's, Anne, Wessexes) do more and more round the country. Might be a good way to help slow down the pace for the elder ones.

It might just be that I've not noticed it before but it seems to me as if the Queen is using her cousins (elder members of the working Royal Family) more and more for these type of receptions whilst younger members of the family (the Wales's, Anne, Wessexes) do more and more round the country. Might be a good way to help slow down the pace for the elder ones.

They are often seen at midweek receptions when other royals (part-timers) are doing their full time jobs. The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended the British Film reception back in April, in March they accompanied DOE and The Countess of Wessex to a reception for Members of the UK and European Parliament, they were present at Chelsea and the garden party last week.

I think your use of the word "younger" is incorrect here, Prince Richard Duke of Gloucester is but 4 years older than Prince Charles, only 3 years older than Camilla. The Duchess of Gloucester is but 4 years older than Princess Anne.

"Older members" however incorrect the term get to engagements to exact same way the apparent "younger" members do. Public transport, royal train or helicopter. I imagine it would be quite easy for The Duke of Gloucester to hope on the royal train at 9am for an quiet jounrney up to Edinburgh for a few engagements. It's just got to be worth the fuel I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom