The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think its just reporters having a moan, but I dont think generally that people are confused at all.
It exactly that most of those reporters are just looking at this from a business perspective.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't think if has anything to do with the younger royals selling more or gaining more attention. I think most people would think at least William & Catherine would attend these State Banquets and the Festival of Remembrance because they are senior royals and no longer held up by military life in Anglesey. That was the excuse that the royal reporters, courtiers and others used to bring up when asked about their lack of attendance. They can no longer use that excuse.
William is of the senior hereditary line of the House of Windsor. He is second in the line of succession. I wouldn't say that he is a senior royal in the Firm quite yet. He's got a lot of ropes to climb and boots to polish before he will actually take his place as a senior working royal. His Granny and his Dad are going to make sure he learns them all though.

The press, courtiers, aides and Old Aunt Gladys down the road can make all the excuses they want from having a hangnail to Lupo ate his sock but it still boils down to the fact that William has no control over going here, there or on a whim, dress as a chicken in the Easter parade. If it is a royal engagement, event or service, who attends is at the discretion of the Queen.

So, no one really has any reason to make excuses at all. William knows where he is in the scheme of things, his Dad knows where he's going and his Granny is keeping an eagle eye on it all and making sure all is well with the Firm. Its worked for over 60 years and I don't see it failing yet.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps William & Catherine will be introduced to these major events next year as part of their "transitional" year.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal #Queen & #Camilla arrive at Ebony Horse Club in Brixton pic.twitter.com/35pieM0zxP

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 44s
The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall at @EbonyHorseClub in Brixton today pic.twitter.com/OIWAYXJIAb

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 6m
#royal Duchess of Cornwall is Patron of Ebony Horse Club and invited the #Queen to accompany her pic.twitter.com/ULR442Sr5x
Old 10-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Nobility

The Queen & Camilla leave The Ebony Club, Brixton after their joint visit.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...43986603_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...49472718_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...14705815_n.jpg
Old 10-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Royal Highness

I dont remember where but i read some days ago that , according to some people, "the Queen doesn't like Camilla" or "Camilla isn't at ease in the presence of the Queen".

That's indeed pretty obvious :

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Queen And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Ebony Horse Club And Community Riding Centre, Brixton - Zimbio

Nice gallery from today :

The Queen And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Ebony Horse Club And Community Riding Centre, Brixton Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 10-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen and Duchess of Cornwall have met young riders and their horses at Ebony Horse Club and Community Riding Centre in Brixton today.

The royal party toured the club’s facilities which include stables and classrooms, before Her Majesty unveiled a commemorative plaque to mark today’s visit.

The club, which is a registered charity, helps to improve the life skills and aspirations of children from disadvantaged backgrounds and includes ITV News presenter Alastair Stewart amongst its patrons-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looks to me that both ladies had a very nice visit. Horses are such great animals and what the horse club is doing is so wonderful. So glad the Duchess is a patron of this organization.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dont remember where but i read some days ago that , according to some people, "the Queen doesn't like Camilla" or "Camilla isn't at ease in the presence of the Queen".
They're just a bunch of "neigh sayers". If there is a primary interest that the Queen and Camila share, its horses.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal #Queen & #Camilla arrive at Ebony Horse Club in Brixton pic.twitter.com/35pieM0zxP

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 44s
The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall at @EbonyHorseClub in Brixton today pic.twitter.com/OIWAYXJIAb

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 6m
#royal Duchess of Cornwall is Patron of Ebony Horse Club and invited the #Queen to accompany her pic.twitter.com/ULR442Sr5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

That's indeed pretty obvious :

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Queen And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Ebony Horse Club And Community Riding Centre, Brixton - Zimbio

Nice gallery from today :

The Queen And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Ebony Horse Club And Community Riding Centre, Brixton Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
Lovely photos of the 2 horse lovers.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

DM article :

Brixton locals line streets to see Queen cruise past in a Bentley | Mail Online
Old 10-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

love that Camilla had some treats in her purse for the horses!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
love that Camilla had some treats in her purse for the horses!
I bet if we had the chance to take a peek, the Queen would also have some in her trusty handbag.
― John Lennon
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow does HM ever look amazing in that shade of coral. Camilla, Camilla...Bringing a bag of mints along w/her. Sneaky Duchess bringing along a favourite treat of the ponies.

Both looked like they were enjoying their day out together. What an amazing concept though and sounds like it's already making a difference in that area. It would be great if it could expand and perhaps go outside of Britain someday.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 9h
The schedule for State Visit of the President of S. Korea next week has been released. Many members of Royal Family involved, more to follow

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 8m
Prince Harry will accompany Prince Philip to Field of Remembrance at W. Abbey on 7th. They’ll each lay a cross at graves of unknown soldiers

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 8m
The Last Post will sound followed by a two minutes’ silence after which TRH will visit plots meeting veterans from past & recent conflicts.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 6m
Prince Philip will be in his Naval Uniform, with Prince Harry in the uniform of Blues & Royals officer (Army Air Corps beret).

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 9h
The schedule for State Visit of the President of S. Korea next week has been released. Many members of Royal Family involved, more to follow
I love state visits!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I love state visits!
So do I. I just wish there was more video coverage of these State Visits. At least on the official Monarchy Website. I think it would be a great idea for the palace officials and press team to provide Live Video Coverage of the State Visits. You know, Live Coverage of the arrivals, welcoming ceremony and the arrivals for the State Banquet. I also enjoy the coverage C-Span provide of the State Visits at The White House. I guess I'm a formal ceremony geek but I really would like to see more of the British State Visits.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
So do I. I just wish there was more video coverage of these State Visits. At least on the official Monarchy Website. I think it would be a great idea for the palace officials and press team to provide Live Video Coverage of the State Visits. You know, Live Coverage of the arrivals, welcoming ceremony and the arrivals for the State Banquet. I also enjoy the coverage C-Span provide of the State Visits at The White House. I guess I'm a formal ceremony geek but I really would like to see more of the British State Visits.
I wish there was a lot more coverage too Dman. The British monarchy are much more private though, which I appreciate but at times it frustrates me. I think if they were much more open with the press and released photos and allowed these types of things to be filmed, they would perhaps not be bothered so much.

I do like that we get clips of the family arriving into the room for dinner and the speeches by the guest head of state and the Queen, but I do wish we saw much more.

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding