British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall clearly the article I posted but there has been no official confirmation that this is her last event, just speculations by the press and royal watchers :)

You'll be lucky to find any official confirmation for any of the annual BRF events. Other than the tweets we got last week there was no mention of anyone other than The Queen and The Duke of Kent attending yesterdays Trooping. Same goes for the Garter ceremony, whilst it is always assumed everyone will show, it is never confirmed until people start showing up.

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch 12m
Sounds like Prince William might also be playing polo at Beaufort today with Prince Harry.

Audi Polo ‏@AudiPolo 16m
HRH The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry have taken the field with polo’s finest @mborwickpolo @NicRoldan & Mark T pic.twitter.com/B9uf9ywd0C

Last edited:
I think anyone would be excited to be thisclose to the two princes and able to get a fantastic shot of them. I can't blame her for that delighted reaction at all, especially since they noticed and reacted as well to her.

Last edited:
? No, that isn't me - I was just being silly!! Can't say I wouldn't have the same reaction if I were her!!

When I look at pictures of a polo match, I am also so impressed by the horses. Amazing performances by the animals IMHO. Imagine being Harry's Horse as his rider leans hard left at speed (to try to dislodge Wills) as both horses are pounding shoulder by shoulder.

Queen Penelope, I was going to say that you certainly had your 15 minutes of fame!!

When I look at pictures of a polo match, I am also so impressed by the horses. Amazing performances by the animals IMHO. Imagine being Harry's Horse as his rider leans hard left at speed (to try to dislodge Wills) as both horses are pounding shoulder by shoulder.

These are some of the best images I have ever seen. If I were Kate, I would want a huge print of the third image -the power, strength and expression are wonderful

https://twitter.com/regaleyes/status/346373624015486976

great images of harry and william in polo mach! but I really miss catherine. i remember the beautiful photos when diana was ery pregnant with william or harry and join charles in the polo games, was so adorable images.

William and Henry event tomorrow;
Tim Ewart ‏@EwartRoyale 6h
Kate won't be joining William and Harry at Saturday wedding of friend Thomas van Straubenzee. But Chelsy Davy will be there

That article is super misleading because it mentions nothing about who's actually going to attend this year, probably nobody other than The Duke of Kent.

But some lovely info on the royal box, concessions, ladies hats and bowing/curtseying that I did not know. :)

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are in the royal box for day one along with Pippa and James and Condi Rice

How lovely of Edward to join his mother on a few engagements to fill in for Prince Philip. Lovely photos, iceflower! :d

Last edited:
As engagements are arranged at least 6 months in advance and that Edward has done engagements at Holyrood House himself this week, alone, I suspect either they knew back in February that Philip needed the surgery (not likely) or it has been a lucky break for The Queen that Edward was scheduled to be at Holyrood the same week - which is the more likely. Still lovely to see them together of course.

Yesterday, July 5, Queen Elizabeth and the Earl of Wessex visited the Thistle Foundation at Wighton House in Edinburgh on the occasion of its 70th anniversary and they attended a service to mark the 60th anniversary of the Robin Chapel in Edinburgh.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: Queen greeted by crowds of well-wishers as she visits Thistle Foundation's base...**

Lovely pictures. I saw some pics of the Queen meeting the residents of the Thistle Foundation yesterday on the Royal hats blog- lovely to see all the joy. You just had to smile.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom