Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 5: April 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Princess Royal have a PA that travels with her? In all those photos I have looked at, I have never noticed. :eek:

Princess Royal missed an engagement due to bad weather and the helicopter not being able to manage.

http://t.co/lXhP3umFYO

She obviousyl doesnt rate the vitriol that Catherine got, and she was only late.

Thanks for posting the video.

Oooh, lavender and camo - one of my favorites. Seriously though, a nice visit by a hard working Royal.

Princess Royal missed an engagement due to bad weather and the helicopter not being able to manage.

http://t.co/lXhP3umFYO

She obviousyl doesnt rate the vitriol that Catherine got, and she was only late.

Well, year in year out she is one of the hardest working members of BRF, so I imagine that the 'man on the street' is wlling to cut her some slack if the helicopter couldnt fly and she was hours away by car. Those who are less consistantly hard working might not be given the benefit of the doubt.

Yesterday, October 28, Princess Anne visited the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Wood in Normanton le Heath, Leicestershire and as Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Army Veterinary Corps she opened the new Kennels at the Defense Animal Centre, Melton Mowbray.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** itvcom: Royal opens military dog kennels **

** leicestermercury.co.uk: Princess Anne opens new dog kennels in Melton **

New and different handbag!

As to missing an engagement and not being raked over the coals, I suspect this is the upside of being considered one of the less interesting of the royals. I do love it when she choppers out and does 5 stops in a day!

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
The City of Barrie and Georgian College presented Princess Royal with a brooch: 8 diamonds, sodalite and amethyst http://twitpic.com/dk5c92

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
The City of Barrie & Georgian College presented HRH Princess Royal with a bracelet: diamond & blue sodalite beads http://twitpic.com/dk5cfd

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
The City of Barrie and Georgian College presented Princess Royal with a brooch: 8 diamonds, sodalite and amethyst http://twitpic.com/dk5c92

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
The City of Barrie & Georgian College presented HRH Princess Royal with a bracelet: diamond & blue sodalite beads http://twitpic.com/dk5cfd

(Putting my proud of my area cheering cap on...). The diamonds on the brooch of the cap badge of The Frey and Simcoe Foresters? Came from the diamond mine in my hometown!! We're more well known for our Nickel and Copper Mines, but about 10 years ago a mining company had the bright idea that since we're in what's considered to be "The Mother Lode" area of The Canadian Shield, the odds there were also Diamonds to be found could be worth the risk. Sure enough, there are!! :)

Sorry for the bragging, but AFAIK, this the first time any of the Diamonds found in our area have been used for such an important and very Special Gift. Wonder if HRH will wear it for The Festival of Rememberance?

(Putting my proud of my area cheering cap on...). The diamonds on the brooch of the cap badge of The Frey and Simcoe Foresters? Came from the diamond mine in my hometown!! We're more well known for our Nickel and Copper Mines, but about 10 years ago a mining company had the bright idea that since we're in what's considered to be "The Mother Lode" area of The Canadian Shield, the odds there were also Diamonds to be found could be worth the risk. Sure enough, there are!! :)

Sorry for the bragging, but AFAIK, this the first time any of the Diamonds found in our area have been used for such an important and very Special Gift. Wonder if HRH will wear it for The Festival of Rememberance?

If Princess Anne had gone just 25 minutes up the road, she would have been in the birthplace of the greatest folk singer of all time (who is fast approaching his 75th birthday), just shy of 2 hours north of where I live. HORRIBLE rush hour traffic though, for a city of only 30,000 people. It took us 3 hours to drive the last 120 miles home from the cottage this summer. I doubt Princess Anne has any interest in folk music though. Too bad, because the auditorium of the local opera house is named after him.

Last edited:
I was really shocked when I saw that on CNN this morning. Most equestrians are horrified at the thought of eating horsemeat. To me it would be like eating a baby.

I have accidentally eaten horse due to language issues when traveling abroad. I thought it was beef, and after tasting it, I thought it was the worst beef I ever tasted. And when I found out I was eating horsemeat, I hastily excused myself and rushed to the loo! I wouldn't eat dog, or cat, or some other animals either.
But horse- how can you love and cherish an animal and then eat him/her?

Must say I was startled to hear HRH suggesting we think outside the square to that extent.
I'd never eat horse-meat; I bought it once, suppressing my feelings, for dog-food but my Labradors wouldn't eat it and that's extraordinary for unfussy Labradors.
Never again.

I have accidentally eaten horse due to language issues when traveling abroad. I thought it was beef, and after tasting it, I thought it was the worst beef I ever tasted. And when I found out I was eating horsemeat, I hastily excused myself and rushed to the loo! I wouldn't eat dog, or cat, or some other animals either.
But horse- how can you love and cherish an animal and then eat him/her?

In my opinion you cannot. In the worst depth of the recession I had to put down the absolute best horse of my career as he was not well and 24. I had the choice , As I could not put up the $5k to properly burry him, to either send him to the land fill or the hounds . So sad.

If Princess Anne had gone just 25 minutes up the road, she would have been in the birthplace of the greatest folk singer of all time (who is fast approaching his 75th birthday), just shy of 2 hours north of where I live. HORRIBLE rush hour traffic though, for a city of only 30,000 people. It took us 3 hours to drive the last 120 miles home from the cottage this summer. I doubt Princess Anne has any interest in folk music though. Too bad, because the auditorium of the local opera house is named after him.
So who is the greatest folksinger of all time?:flowers:

I was really shocked when I saw that on CNN this morning. Most equestrians are horrified at the thought of eating horsemeat. To me it would be like eating a baby.
She did not say equestrians should eat horse meat. She just pointed the money generated by selling a horse for it's meat could fund better horse care near the end of its life.

There are people who will buy horse meat. But she is not trying to force anyone to eat anything.

Doesn't make sense to me - fund better horse care near the end of it's life by knocking off another horse to sell the meat? Silly idea!

Doesn't make sense to me - fund better horse care near the end of it's life by knocking off another horse to sell the meat? Silly idea!

Go read the article - she's certainly more eloquent that I am about it. What do you care anyway if you don't have to eat it. Silly idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom