Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 4: June 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I just can't cope if Anne's going to start wearing fabulous clothes. It's against all laws of nature.

I'm sorry but I just can't cope if Anne's going to start wearing fabulous clothes. It's against all laws of nature.
Weren't you in charge of that? Make sure they dressed fabulous and hairs nary out of place? :D

Yeah but with Anne I'd always made the exception. Despite the gorgeous red dress, the Mighty Bouff is still in place. I wonder if it's a wig.

Well, the International League for the Protection of Horses, for which HRH is President, is doing tremendous work everyday to improve the quality of life for horses around the world. I think this is one of the best run organizations I have ever seen and I believe in everything they are working towards. I am in particular impressed that they are very big on stopping the slaughter of horses.

I'd have to say the Princess Royal is my favorite child of HM. I admire her "no muss-no fuss-no silliness attitude", her insistence on being herself, and her approach to her work. She is very much her father's daughter, but of course the image-makers hate her because she will not play the role of the wilting, simpering, fairy-tale princess. I suppose she reckons, "I'm not that, so why play it?"

She also has beautiful, thick hair. :)

Nice video. The older she gets, the more she seems to resemble her mother. I love her voice.
She seemed a bit uncomfortable reading from that prepared speech, though. Imagine if they just let her "wing it". :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't get me started on resemblances. :D

I was going through the "Harry as a child" picture thread and I swear he was a dead ringer for Dubya with those cheeks and that slight squint. He was still cute as a button, though. :flowers:

Princess Anne's resemblances

I've noticed that too. I can also see a resemblance to Princess Margaret.

Whenever I see a picture of Princess Anne I think she most resembles the "old" Hanoverian side of the royal family. She reminds me very much of Mary, Princess Royal, Countess of Harewood. She has a distinct look of Queen Victoria's children about her.

Yeah but with Anne I'd always made the exception. Despite the gorgeous red dress, the Mighty Bouff is still in place. I wonder if it's a wig.
She's worn that for years. Take a look at her pics with her first husband.
(Yes, I agree, she's looking an awful lot like Margaret)

Pics 16.11.2007

The Princess Royal meets prison service dog handlers, at the
Prison Service training college, at Millisle in Co Down, Northern
Ireland, 16 November 2007 - wonderful smile on the first pic :)

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Most wonderful pictures, as always, thank you Iceflower! :flowers:
The first picture is beautiful, although my favourite is the third one. Princess Anne looks the happiest when there are dogs or horses around her. And they obiously like her as well.

You are most welcome, and I agree with you both, her like
for animals show what a lovely and natural woman she is :)

Anne appeared on English Television:
HRH The Princess Royal is a guest on 'This Morning' talking about her
role as president of the trust of carers. As seen on ITV. England - 19.11.07

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 27.11.2007

HRH Princess Anne and other RLC dignitaries present OP Herrick
Medals to members of 3 Close Support (CS) Regiment RLC at
Dalton Barracks, Abingdon, 27 November 2007.

I especially like the second pic :flowers:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 4.12.2007

Gordon Campbell Gray and Princess Anne attend the Festival of
Trees Gala Dinner, at the Natural History Museum on December
4, 2007 in London, England. M. Benett/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

:flowers:Oh Ice! Those are lovely! She almost looks like Queen E 1 in the first one!

Anne looks so nice! She also has her hair up in a different way!:flowers:

She sure does keep busy just watching travel whears me out :p

Pics 5.12.2007

Wise Award ceremony:
The Princess Royal speaks at the Women Into Science
and Construction (Wise) Award ceremony in central
London which aims to recognize the work women do
in these industries, 5 December 2007

Again very lovely in my eyes :flowers:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 *

Anne looks so nice! She also has her hair up in a different way!:flowers:

Yes, I do have to say that I really like her hair in the 4th picture. There is a shadow, but from what i can see, it looks like her bun has more volume and is set higher. It kind of reminds me of some of the ways she wore her hair when she was younger. The dress looks lovely as well. Does anyone know if this is a new dress? I don't think I've seen it before, but you never know when she is going to recycle her clothes. :rolleyes: I love the fact that she can do that.
In fact, I was viewing some of the photos from the 60th anniversary service of QE II and Prince Phillip and noticed that I had seen Princess Anne's dress before in older photos from at least 20 years ago. That's pretty amazing.;)

I think the Princess does a fantastic job representing the Royal Family and IMHO, doesn't get the respect she deserves for all the work she does.
But I really wish she would update her look, she is always dressed so nice and looks so great but I really don't like her hair. I think she reminds me a lot of her Aunt Margaret.

This is the beauty of having your wardrobe "fashion" and not "fad" so that HRH can wear it again and never be out of style!

I guess she would have rather fallen on her royal patootie under her own steam than to be helped. I actually thought it was not very well done that she did not thank him for his attempt to help her. And they say chivalry is dead. He did try.

On the other hand, her hair is looking much shinier and less crispy these days, so that's better.

Anne had another event on Wednesday:

Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal at the RedR NGO Conference
"Future Shocks: Disasters and Relief in a Changing World" at the Royal
College of Nursing, Cavendish Square, London 5th December 2007.
The RedR NGO has had Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal as
President since 1988:

* Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom