Signatures of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Maybe they are!, I didn't notice that before you told me!

The two more signatures are of Prince Lorenz (right) and Princess Astrid (left), aren't they?

:previous: Maybe they are!, I didn't notice that before you told me!

Yes, they are. What a.o. is written is:
"Prince Amadeo has taken the oath in presence of his parents Princess Astrid and Prince Lorentz." In two languages[French and Flemish]

Signatures of Victoria and Daniel:
Gotene
They were written outside to a big paper, so they aren´t so good.
Victoria signing her signature:
Gotene

Prince Daniel´s signature, yesterday at a visit to telecom company Ericsson.
SvenskDam

Signature of Catherine,William and Harry in the book of condolence in memory of those who lost their lives in the Christchurch earthquake at the New Zealand High Commission

Catherine ** Harry ** William

Last edited:
Catherine has a very legible signature.

Marika86 said:
Signature of Catherine,William and Harry in the book of condolence in memory of those who lost their lives in the Christchurch earthquake at the New Zealand High Commission

Catherine ** Harry ** William

When they are married will she just sign Catherine? Dropping the Middleton?

I've just discovered this thread! I'm not sure whether signing with or without an R is related to custom, personal preference or a constitutional requirement. But the way monarchs and their consorts sign is as follows:

Elizabeth R (Philip)
Margrethe R (Henrik)
Harald R (Sonja)
Carl Gustav (Silvia)
Juan Carlos R (Sofia R)
Constantine R (Anne Marie R)
Henri (Marie Therese)

Lichtenstein - Hans Adam of Lichtenstein (his wife does the same)
Monaco - Albert Prince of Monaco

When Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer he signed the register "Charles P" - the P stands for Princepts - prince.

I just discovered this thread too and I find it interesting. Regarding the above quote... I think I see a pattern. Those spouses that sign their names with R are children of a sovereign. Queen Sofia and Queen Anne-Marie are daughters of a king are they not?

those who sign their names with an R are either a king or a queen- the queen could be the spouse. The children of the king and queen usually just sign with their name

in this link, you can see mary of denmark's signature analyzed...

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark: The Siggy

I think the analysis is over-elaborate and needs to be simpler without trying to imply things that are not there - abit like astrology where you can make almost anything up from a few simple words. In my very humble opinion having read a book on handwriting analysis years ago, all I can decypher is that because Mary's writing slants forwards, she is confident and an extrovert rather than being shy and introverted. I seem to remember that when you start a capital letter with a long stroke like Mary's "M", it means you think carefully about something before you proceed. Where the arches of the "M" get progressively shorter, this means she is very intelligent. The deep loop of the "Y" means she is sporty and enjoys physical activity. Tall letters show a spirituality or regard for religion. I've probably got all this wrong from memory so suffice to say that the fact we can actually read her handwriting means she can write and we're clever!

in conclussion, we can agree that the link i posted is a non-exact analysis of mary's signature.
i can't see fred's, that's the only one i can't see.

Last edited by a moderator:
can I see the photo? I think it's deleted about the picture of danish royal signatures?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom