The "Kate effect"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbecs2

City
Paris
Country
France
"A surge in web traffic caused the website [which sold the dress which she wore to meet the Obamas] to crash for two-and-a-half hours”! So if Kate is the ultimate ambassador for British fashion, more than a supermodel or a famous actress, what will happen to the baby name effect?

Why we are all Kate-aholic?
Kate’s arrival has transformed the royal family’s position in public opinion and created a new wave of optimism. French students wrote about the 'Kate effect': ALL KATE-AHOLIC | Frogs Save The Queen. Do you agree that Kate's arrival is a revolution ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting French take on things. One thing is certain, The British Royal Family is 'cool' once again and that is thanks in part to Catherine and William but also to the Queen and Charles becoming perhaps a bit 'softer' in public. Edward and Sophie are great team players and the Monarchy in Britain and the Commonwealth is going from strength to strength.
For me. Catherine is down to earth and approachable but she is still 'posh' and posh to me is a good thing.
I knew BRF was 'back' when my cousin who lives in Lynchburg Virginia emailed to say her high-school drama class was putting on a production of Kate and Wills: A Love Story , she was so excited to be cast in the lead role as Kate hahaha.

Last edited:
In France, we think that whereas indiscretion has been the common currency until now, Kate is setting a much-needed example thanks to her quiet reserve, tact and ability. She’s managed her appearance with military precision and it’s an incredible way of subconsciously manipulating us: as she shops at Topshop or Zara, many women can identify with her ! Thanks for your answer, read our article : ALL KATE-AHOLIC | Frogs Save The Queen.

I agree Kate is just what the royal family needs at the moment. She is a young modern woman but she is very mindful of her position and not to overshadow her husband while performing her duties.
The 'Kate effect' is very real, walk around many areas of London and your head will spin from all the copy-kates hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

That's interesting because Camila Al-Fayed didn't own Issa at the time and apparently its also been said that the great demand for the dress almost broke the company.

Demand for one's product usually helps the company and it was after this demand that Camila bought in.

I should think there is less demand now as Catherine hasn't bought new Issa since.

That's interesting because Camila Al-Fayed didn't own Issa at the time and apparently its also been said that the great demand for the dress almost broke the company.

Demand for one's product usually helps the company and it was after this demand that Camila bought in.

I should think there is less demand now as Catherine hasn't bought new Issa since.

As the article I read said, Issa was a small workroom company with a few fashion student and interns, as well as the designer. They barely could keep up with the demand of the few stores that carried them. When suddenly there was a huge demand for dresses, they didn't have the manufacturing in place, to make it all. Or the money either. You see it, if you ever watch the show Shark tank/ dragon's den. A lot of peple go on as they have a product and a number of sales orders, but not the money to produce the volume. I assume that is where Camila came in.

The fact that Kate has worn Issa a few times, even if not recently, got Issa on the front page. It is up to them to keep up the fame now, or convince Kate to wear one of their dresses, when she leaves the hospital with the baby.

I think the chances of Catherine buying a dress from a company owned by Al-Fayed is zero

Yeah I'd say we won't see Kate in Issa again.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom