Fighting Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct: Queen Fabiola and Queen Paola are not the Best friends. And now Fabiola problably feels even more alone because she was very close to Grand Duchesse Josephine Charlotte.

I knew that Prince Laurent and his father, the King, don't have a good relation too. :(

From "Royalty Digest" magazine and their report on the Spanish wedding: "A family dinner was served at Zarzuela Palace attended by some 45 Royal guests and close relations. Upon leaving, Prince Victor Emanuele threw two strong blows of his fists at his cousin Duke Amedeo of Aosta who, bleeding, had to be supported by Queen Anne Marie, while it is said that poor King Juan Carlos, visibly tired, uttered "never again". "

Other reports added that while Queen Anne Marie was looking after the bleeding Duke, an Arab Prince fetched ice; when the Savoy party were safely outside, Princess Marina Doria, Victor Emanuel's wife, returned to offer profuse apologies.

The incident was alleged to have occurred when Duke Amedeo patted his cousin on the back, in what he thought was a friendly manner. The Prince obviously thought otherwise. An indication of the strained and fraught relations between the two 'rival' branches of the House of Savoy!

Lord Sosnowitz said:
HM Queen Fabiola & HM Queen Paola's relationship isn't the best. They are just respecting each other.
Why don't Fabiola and Paola like each other? I could not tell. They do a very good job of putting up a good public facade then. Whenever the entire Belgian family is out I always see Paola offering her hand to Fabiola to help her up stairs or to help her sit down in her seat or whatever.

Of course, we don't know the details or the exact nature of their relationship, but on the surface we could speculate... Fabiola is very straight-laced and Paola had, what could we say, a "wild" past. There also may be an element that Fabiola was unable to have children, while Paola produced two sons and a daughter; in the Dynastic scheme of things the Royal line will pass through Albert/Paola and not through Badouin/Fabiola.
ie in Dynastic terms Badouin is sidelined.

Or... perhaps it is just that they are two women of different temperaments?

Warren said:
From "Royalty Digest" magazine and their report on the Spanish wedding: "A family dinner was served at Zarzuela Palace attended by some 45 Royal guests and close relations. Upon leaving, Prince Victor Emanuele threw two strong blows of his fists at his cousin Duke Amedeo of Aosta who, bleeding, had to be supported by Queen Anne Marie, while it is said that poor King Juan Carlos, visibly tired, uttered "never again". "

Other reports added that while Queen Anne Marie was looking after the bleeding Duke, an Arab Prince fetched ice; when the Savoy party were safely outside, Princess Marina Doria, Victor Emanuel's wife, returned to offer profuse apologies.

The incident was alleged to have occurred when Duke Amedeo patted his cousin on the back, in what he thought was a friendly manner. The Prince obviously thought otherwise. An indication of the strained and fraught relations between the two 'rival' branches of the House of Savoy!

So, it was the Duke of Aosta the other fighter. I'm sorry he was injuried, because I think he's nice. On the other hand I don't like very much Prince Vittorio Emanuele: he's always unkind.
By the way, I read that the Duke's mother was a princess of Greece (I can't remember which one), so he's a cousin to the Duke of Edinburgh. :rolleyes:

what about Prince Fredrick and his father prince Henrik?I heard they are not getting well with each other.

also,Q.Elizabeth11 doesn't like Q.Selvia of sweeden.she wanted king Carl Gustav to marry her dauther Anne.

asma said:
what about Prince Fredrick and his father prince Henrik?I heard they are not getting well with each other.
Can u elobrate on this....
thanks

asma said:
Q.Elizabeth11 doesn't like Q.Selvia of sweeden.she wanted king Carl Gustav to marry her dauther Anne.
did Anne and Gustav have a relationship.... or was this QE2 wishful thinking??

thanks

Alexandria said:
They weren't "caught" by Queen Anne Marie in the sense that they were fighting off in a corner and she "caught" them. The one royal (not Victor, Emmanuel's father) actually fell into Queen Anne Marie's arms after Victor (Emmanuel's father) punched him. Queen Anne Marie was kind enough to assist and apply an ice pack.

It is good to see the Queen of Greece assist the House of Savoy after what happened to Greece and Denmark in World War II.

Anne-Marie is really special!
:)

The Duke of Aosta's mother was Princess Irene of Greece, who was the daughter of King Constantine I and Princess Sophie of Prussia. Sophie was the daughter of Kaiser Friedrich III and Princess Victoria of Great Britain. Thus Amedeo is a descendent of Queen Victoria.
Constantine was the brother of the Duke of Edinburgh's father, Prince Andrew of Greece.

Haven't heard of either parts of this one before. To my knowledge there was never any sort of relationship between Princess Anne and Prince Gustav and I have never read that E II R had any plans for a dynastic marriage for her daughter. The only rumours of dynastic plans were those involving Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg, who allegedly Queen Elizabeth thought would be an appropriate consort for the Prince of Wales.

Also I have never read that there is any sort of "frission" between the Queens of GB and Sweden.

Warren said:
The only rumours of dynastic plans were those involving Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg, who allegedly Queen Elizabeth thought would be an appropriate consort for the Prince of Wales.
That's quite shocking, considering the Luxembourg Royal Family is hardcore Catholic and according to British succession rules, any member of the British Royal Family who marries a Catholic loses succession rights to the throne [ie Prince Michael of Kent]. I can't imagine EII thinking that way...
Lollies!
-Kara-

H.M. Margrethe said:
I think it was because Prince Henrik was Frence and a bit snobbis and because Prince Richard are German and a bit sparingly but i don´t know it has alwayse been a roumor her in Denmark.

Who is Prince Richard?

sommone said:
Who is Prince Richard?
Prince Richard zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Bereleburg is a prince in his own right (originating from a German house I believe? :confused: ) and is married to Princess Benedikte, sister of the Queen of Denmark. He has a very low profile, especially in recent years as he's been battling cancer.

A couple of pictures so you can put a name to a face.

Attachments

• DK-benedikte@60-101_b.jpg
    DK-benedikte@60-101_b.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 495
  • DK-benedikte-richard-131_e.jpg
    DK-benedikte-richard-131_e.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 712
Alexandria said:
Prince Richard zu-Sayn-Wittgenstein-Bereleburg is a prince in his own right (originating from a German house I believe? :confused: ) and is married to Princess Benedikte, sister of the Queen of Denmark. He has a very low profile, especially in recent years as he's been battling cancer.

A couple of pictures so you can put a name to a face.

Thanks for the info and the photos, Alexandria.:)

Yes, quite. It would have involved Marie Astrid's conversion to Anglicanism.
But apparently EIIR thought she would be eminently suitable if that small stumbling block could be overcome. What price to become a Queen?

Yes, well. She should have had Parliament change that idiotic law then had the question come up instead of asking the devout woman change her denomination.

Princess Anne and Princess Diana never got along with each other.Anne was also very angry when Diana didn't name her godmother of Prince Harry.

Prince Harry just had a scuffle with photographers.
http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?t=1&p=News_NBC%20News&i=d9d7d6c1-0836-4523-8a75-9749d55e10d7&rf=
britain__prince_harr.hmedium.jpg

Last edited:
Princess Di trying to resist paparazzi
pa03.gif

6133.jpg

Paparazzi really needs to cool down and give people their space.

Warren said:
Haven't heard of either parts of this one before. To my knowledge there was never any sort of relationship between Princess Anne and Prince Gustav and I have never read that E II R had any plans for a dynastic marriage for her daughter.
Queen Elizabeth II did not have dynastic plans for Princess Anne and now King Carl Gustav of Sweden to marry. I remember reading that is was actually some of the high ranking staffmembers who though Princess Anne should marry Carl Gustav.

As for the Queens of GB and Sweden not getting along I've never heard anything about it. Infact, as far as I know they do not know each other very well at all.

I read somewhere (I think it was on this board) that Queen Elizabeth doesn't like Queen Beatrix

sara1981 said:
how about late Princess of Wales and Countess of Wessex?

i known Princess Diana is really popular Princess but Sophie really respective woman! but mostly photographer been lots job to do for Diana than Countess of Wessex more less!

Sara Boyce

I remember hearing that they didn't get along. On a T.V story about Sophie, I heard that one day Edward brought Sophie with him to have dinner with the royal family. At the table Sophie kept trying to talk about her day or whatever, but Diana kept interupting with things like, Isn't the weather beautiful today and things like that. Diana did it so much that Sophie had stop trying to talk.

I think I heard a similar story...

There was a news story about MT of Luxembourg publicly complaining about her mother-in-law not never liking her because she was not royal or aristocratic and had Cuban blood. I remember it because they compared her to the Windsors in the sense of airing their dirty laundry in public.

Stephanie and Caroline even at their father's funeral were not close.

Prince Philip told King Juan Carlos that he was an "idiot" in private over the Spanish royals protest of Charles and Diana spending part of their honeymoon at Gibralter, which was a bone of contention between the British and Spanish.

QEII gets along very well with Beatrix and Margrathe because they are closely related to her and are the only two other reigning queens like QEII in their own right.

The two branches of the Italian Royal Family the Savoys and Aostas do not get along and the story was the Duke made a funny comment or joke to the prince and the prince took it the wrong way and hit him. QAM happened to be standing there and caught him as he went backward.

K. JC was very angry and was heard muttering something that transalted to "No, not ever again".

"Hola" Magazine reported that the Duke of Aosta and Prince Victor Manuel of Savoy actually had a fight in Madrid on the dinner offered by the King and Queen after the wedding of Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia.

Newspaper El Mundo reports: "En la cena, dada en la Zarzuela tras el enlace del Príncipe Felipe y Letizia Ortiz, Víctor Manuel de Saboya ha asestado un golpe en la cara de su primo, Amadeo de Aosta. Éste se ha tambaleado y ha sido soccorrido en seguida por un 'sheik' egipcio que le ha aplicado hielo sobre el moratón".

Translation: In the wedding celebrated at the Zarzuela Palace after the wedding of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz, Victor Manuel of Savoy has slapped his cousin, Amadeo of Aosta. The latter has stagger and has been helped by an Egyptian sheik, who applied ice on the bruise.

Anybody has more information about this fight?

zarzuela said:
"Hola" Magazine reported that the Duke of Aosta and Prince Victor Manuel of Savoy actually had a fight in Madrid on the dinner offered by the King and Queen after the wedding of Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia.

Newspaper El Mundo reports: "En la cena, dada en la Zarzuela tras el enlace del Príncipe Felipe y Letizia Ortiz, Víctor Manuel de Saboya ha asestado un golpe en la cara de su primo, Amadeo de Aosta. Éste se ha tambaleado y ha sido soccorrido en seguida por un 'sheik' egipcio que le ha aplicado hielo sobre el moratón".

Translation: In the wedding celebrated at the Zarzuela Palace after the wedding of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz, Victor Manuel of Savoy has slapped his cousin, Amadeo of Aosta. The latter has stagger and has been helped by an Egyptian sheik, who applied ice on the bruise.

Anybody has more information about this fight?
There is an entire thread about it in the Spanish forum with articles and comments.

His Lordship said:
There was a news story about MT of Luxembourg publicly complaining about her mother-in-law not never liking her because she was not royal or aristocratic and had Cuban blood. I remember it because they compared her to the Windsors in the sense of airing their dirty laundry in public.

The full story is that the Grand Duchess held a news conference because she was so fed up with Josephine-Charlotte's treatment of her. Josephine-Charlotte, according to Maria-Teresa, referred to her in private as the "dirty Cuban." If you look in older threads in the Luxmbourg forum, you can hear the real story and read the articles about it.

His Lordship said:
Stephanie and Caroline even at their father's funeral were not close.

That is not true. That is your perception of the day. There are several pictures of Caroline comforting Stephanie. Even if they do not get along, on the day of their father's funeral they put aside their differences, even for one day, and supported each other and Albert.

His Lordship said:
Prince Philip told King Juan Carlos that he was an "idiot" in private over the Spanish royals protest of Charles and Diana spending part of their honeymoon at Gibralter, which was a bone of contention between the British and Spanish.

Do you have an article that supports this story? Prince Philip has also referred to many other people, royal and otherwise, by all sorts of names. That does not mean that he is fighting with them.

His Lordship said:
QEII gets along very well with Beatrix and Margrathe because they are closely related to her and are the only two other reigning queens like QEII in their own right.

I have never heard of a close relationship between Queen Elizabeth and Queen Beatrix. I have heard that Queen Margrethe does pay an occasional private visit to Queen Elizabeth when she is in London shopping but I have not heard that they have a friendship. I think their relationship, which is different from a friendship, is based on their mutual roles, but I do not believe that Queen Elizabeth is good friends with either of these women.

His Lordship said:
The two branches of the Italian Royal Family the Savoys and Aostas do not get along and the story was the Duke made a funny comment or joke to the prince and the prince took it the wrong way and hit him. QAM happened to be standing there and caught him as he went backward.

K. JC was very angry and was heard muttering something that transalted to "No, not ever again".

The exact circumstances of this situation which took place at the pre-wedding dinner of Felipe and Letizia the day before their wedding can be found in a thread in the Spanish forum.

Wow Genevieve...you must be a real authority to tell me something is just my perception.

1. There is no love lost between anyone in the Grimaldi family and Stephanie. That is true, no voice for disagreement. Caroline, no angel herself when she was much younger has always felt Stephanie has not behaved in the way a royal princess should.

All U.S. media covering the funeral reported that even though they shared grief over their father, there is still no love lost between them.

As for the relationship between the three queens, I am not talking about personal visits or cups of tea, I am talking about the common bond they share for right now of being closely blood related and being the only queens right now on thrones who have inherited them outright.

Please do not feel the need to make superior driven comments against what I have written.

I tell plain facts...not perceptions as you call them.

I did not say P and JC were fighting...I said there was tension at the time due to the Gibralter issue going on when Diana and Charles married.

By the way, for anyone who asks, I get my information not from gossip magazines or website, but from thoroughly researched news, archives, books and from aristocracy in Europe who are related to me.

We are all here to profess our thoughts, not to so rudely correct others. Let's remember that Genevieve.

2. As for the argument and fight between Victor Emmanuel and Duke of Aosta, plain and simple no big deal, the Duke made a joke to his cousin and it was misinterpreted by the prince who then hit him, the Duke then fell back into Q. Anne Marie who happened to be behind him.....plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom