The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding Hasmah's true love have been deleted as speculative. If you can't provide sources than you are just spreading rumours.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Commoner

I saw the comments in the article by posters. I am shoked becuase I did not think Candaians hated the Jordan royal fmily so much. there are soooo many comment insulting Prince Hamzah, King Abdullah and calling the JRF dictator and bad words about the women. Even Basmah is called names by her own people, and they say she will become a slave and married him for money and worked for him.also comments saying that he could nott find a good Jordanian so he marry immigrant.they are rude saying that SHE can teach the JRF something from her Canadian part.this article and Basmah with her family have been negative for Prince Hamzah and all entire JRF. we as Jordanians are proud of our royals.
He had many options to find girls from big tribe families, decent girls with good reputations and class. Becuase Jordan has many educated girls from powerful families. The artcile say she left university to become pilot. this is a joke? she didn't finish studies?.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Please note that this post is not directed towards anyone in particular but after cleaning up the Hazmah/Basmah threads, I have several thoughts that I have observed:

1) Yamen Hasan is not the first nor will she be the last family member who says something in the paper once their family has some type of their relationship with a member of a royal family. Its happened in the British and Danish families to name just a few. Most likely, the family has been inundated from the press regarding Basmahs thoughts as well as theirs. . Based on my royal watching experience, they will either stop speaking to the press or the press interest will fade. Please reference Autumn Kelly's family upon her engagement to Peter Phillips, or the Middleton's whose daughter Kate married William. The press is ALL OVER the Middleton's so you see tons of pictures of them but very few interviews.

2) Yasmen acknowledged that the family are proud of their Jordanian and Canadian heritage...since when is that a problem to proud of both? I believe that is case with most immigrants.

3) Why should Basmah (or her family) be faulted by what other people (that she has never met and sitting behind a computer) think about Jordan? People are going to think what they want to and based on some of these comments....its apparently they already have their mind made up and they have no knowledge of Jordan. The comments of 86 people cannot reflect the thoughts and opinions of a country comprised with millions of people.

3) So what if Basmah left University to become a pilot. I know people who left university to become a hairdresser and/or a sales person. Bill Gates never finished college. Its not for everyone. Becoming a female pilot is nothing to sneeze at.

4) As previously pointed out Hazmah married Basmah. Why can't people just accept that and move on. There is no need to talk about who he could have married because he didn't. He married Basmah.

Its one thing to like dislike someone you may or may not know, but some of the negative Basmah posts are more like bashing posts than observations. Its one thing to point out something in a negative fashion but if you NEVER have anything positive to say, than your message is lost before you even open your mouth or write out your posts.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahliah View Post
I saw the comments in the article by posters. I am shoked becuase I did not think Candaians hated the Jordan royal fmily so much. there are soooo many comment insulting Prince Hamzah, King Abdullah and calling the JRF dictator and bad words about the women. Even Basmah is called names by her own people, and they say she will become a slave and married him for money and worked for him.also comments saying that he could nott find a good Jordanian so he marry immigrant.they are rude saying that SHE can teach the JRF something from her Canadian part.this article and Basmah with her family have been negative for Prince Hamzah and all entire JRF. we as Jordanians are proud of our royals.
He had many options to find girls from big tribe families, decent girls with good reputations and class. Becuase Jordan has many educated girls from powerful families. The artcile say she left university to become pilot. this is a joke? she didn't finish studies?.
From a Canadian perspective ..... just regarding the news article:

Dahliah I wouldn't worry about what was posted there.....those fellows (many of whom have mulitiple users names btw) aren't a good representation of the vast majority of Canadians. The G&M moderator has now cleaned up most of the posts and Canadians know those idiots will post all kinds of garbage there. In fact I'm sure the vast majority of Canadians don't even bother looking at the commenting section anymore (or if they do it's with a very selective eye). Don't feed the trolls and ignore what they have to say is what most of us have learned.

Trust me those same fellows had equally negative comments about Kate's and William's marriage.

Truthfully I wouldn't worry about who read the above article since most here are more worried about keeping an eye on global financial problems ie what affects them personally, so I think those that would have read the article are most likely Canadians of Jordanian heritage (and anti royalists that want to spout off). I look at that newspaper every day and I missed the above article. Nowadays people are inundated with so much information that they truly have become very selective readers.
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Please note that this post is not directed towards anyone in particular but after cleaning up the Hazmah/Basmah threads, I have several thoughts that I have observed:

1) Yamen Hasan is not the first nor will she be the last family member who says something in the paper once their family has some type of their relationship with a member of a royal family. Its happened in the British and Danish families to name just a few. Most likely, the family has been inundated from the press regarding Basmahs thoughts as well as theirs. . Based on my royal watching experience, they will either stop speaking to the press or the press interest will fade. Please reference Autumn Kelly's family upon her engagement to Peter Phillips, or the Middleton's whose daughter Kate married William. The press is ALL OVER the Middleton's so you see tons of pictures of them but very few interviews.

2) Yasmen acknowledged that the family are proud of their Jordanian and Canadian heritage...since when is that a problem to proud of both? I believe that is case with most immigrants.

3) Why should Basmah (or her family) be faulted by what other people (that she has never met and sitting behind a computer) think about Jordan? People are going to think what they want to and based on some of these comments....its apparently they already have their mind made up and they have no knowledge of Jordan. The comments of 86 people cannot reflect the thoughts and opinions of a country comprised with millions of people.

3) So what if Basmah left University to become a pilot. I know people who left university to become a hairdresser and/or a sales person. Bill Gates never finished college. Its not for everyone. Becoming a female pilot is nothing to sneeze at.

4) As previously pointed out Hazmah married Basmah. Why can't people just accept that and move on. There is no need to talk about who he could have married because he didn't. He married Basmah.

Its one thing to like dislike someone you may or may not know, but some of the negative Basmah posts are more like bashing posts than observations. Its one thing to point out something in a negative fashion but if you NEVER have anything positive to say, than your message is lost before you even open your mouth or write out your posts.
well put. thank you. enough of the bashing, people, please.
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheLake View Post
From a Canadian perspective ..... just regarding the news article:

Dahliah I wouldn't worry about what was posted there.....those fellows (many of whom have mulitiple users names btw) aren't a good representation of the vast majority of Canadians. The G&M moderator has now cleaned up most of the posts and Canadians know those idiots will post all kinds of garbage there. In fact I'm sure the vast majority of Canadians don't even bother looking at the commenting section anymore (or if they do it's with a very selective eye). Don't feed the trolls and ignore what they have to say is what most of us have learned.

Trust me those same fellows had equally negative comments about Kate's and William's marriage.

Truthfully I wouldn't worry about who read the above article since most here are more worried about keeping an eye on global financial problems ie what affects them personally, so I think those that would have read the article are most likely Canadians of Jordanian heritage (and anti royalists that want to spout off). I look at that newspaper every day and I missed the above article. Nowadays people are inundated with so much information that they truly have become very selective readers.
'don't feed the trolls' exactly! thank you. halas! there are so many more important things in the world to worry about.
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 06-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Very nice article mention that Princess Basmah delete her facebook account and changer her personal telephone number and leave aviation job for Prince Hamzah and they know each other from 3 months before they marry :
Google Translate

Like my friend Stella say , the google translator is not very good for translating articles from arabic to english
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Nobility

I didn't realize she left her job,
why is that?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
I didn't realize she left her job,
why is that?
princess basmah probably left her job because how can she work and also make public appearances on behalf of prince hamzah.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Aristocracy

this is interesting. the wiki page for basmah has been updated to show all of the flying competitions and maneuvers she has done with her pilot license. and people she has worked with and traind. too bad the wiki page has her title incorrect.

Princess Basmah Bani Ahmad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Commoner

I don't think those are her personal accomplishments, Stella! I think that is just the list of entries under "aerobatics", of which someone added her as one of the pilots. As a pilot myself, I note from an article I read that she has one basic aerobatics course that she got last year, which is something any private pilot can take. This means she can do a small handful (maybe 3, which is typical of a basic aerobatics course) of basic maneuvers (aileron roll and a half cuban 8, maybe). I don't at all mean to take away from her accomplishments as a pilot, which are substantial, of course! But she wouldn't be qualified for formation flying or any more complicated maneuvers listed on that wiki page. She DEFINITELY wouldn't qualify for the Red Bull races, or any of the other competitions, for example. That takes serious skills and dedication to aerobatics over many years! (How cool would that be though?)
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

could be, i think it is interesting how wiki keeps adding information, and how when they firsted had a page about Pbasmah it was mostly wrong, so who knows really. she seems a very private person!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Commoner

Yea, wikipedia can be pretty unreliable. I've noticed on most wikipedia pages that there is a flurry of activity every time something hits the media and there is increased interest. Though incorrect info tends to be corrected over time. :) But reader beware!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Courtier

what i understood from Wikipedia is :
she didn't finish her bachelor degree in math ? is it true
also, i wondering what is her mother nationality?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
Her masters I think , not her BA.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
her mother is jordanian
Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Courtier

i see, thank you all to answer my questions
Old 06-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
Her masters I think , not her BA.
Princess Basmah did not cpomplete her university studies and has no degree. she attended piloting courses then came to Jordan to work for King Abdallah and Prince Hamzah's Ayla foundation. apart from flying acrobatics she has very weak credentials to offer for someone almost in mid thirties especially in among Jordanians women.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess77 View Post
Princess Basmah did not cpomplete her university studies and has no degree. she attended piloting courses then came to Jordan to work for King Abdallah and Prince Hamzah's Ayla foundation. apart from flying acrobatics she has very weak credentials to offer for someone almost in mid thirties especially in among Jordanians women.
wow, that is rather harsh. do you have proof of this?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Commoner

Stella Dear, the proof is in the video which Princess Basmah is saying herself about her work at Ayla. the second proof is in the article which her sister Yasmin states that she left university to pursue her pilot career. the third proof is that our royal women had both degrees and careers and activities before marriages.there are credentials:Sarah is an american univerisity of egypt grad who worked for Jordanian olympics for years, Rym a sorbonne grad journalist who has a parrion for middle east affairs, Fahdah has a degree and is an artist, Zeina has a degree in Business and is an olympic athlete.Queen Rania studied banking, Queen noor was a harvard graduate architect.they all did community work too. you can check their bio threads on this forum to see what is being said is fact.
the only person who can comment on our posts and ask for proof is Zonk who is the moderator. what is fact is fact nothing harsh about it just because you don't like it.