Divorce for Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is so wrong! If there is a right for men, it has to be for women, too & Islam says like that (though I am not religious person, I know everything).
This is a religious issue, unfortunately,I cant explain it more... it is against the forums rules.

This is a religious issue, unfortunately,I cant explain it more... it is against the forums rules.

No problem, reeda. You did your best. I wanna thank you for everything!:flowers: I'll send you a private message. Let's continue from talking here!

And I have to say I got shocked when I heard their divorce. I wonder what does Queen Noor think about it?

No problem, reeda. You did your best. I wanna thank you for everything!:flowers: I'll send you a private message. Let's continue from talking here!

And I have to say I got shocked when I heard their divorce. I wonder what does Queen Noor think about it?

U r welcome dear .. yes it is really sad .. they r too young .. hope them both the best:)

Dear, this is exactly Arab tradition, I've never seen anything like that the books I read about Islam or on my searchs or anywhere in Turkey! We're secular country but know the religion.

Turkey has a secular law system, while most of the other Islamic countries (not just the Arab ones) still follow the rules of the traditional Islamic family law (as did the Turks before Atatürk; in fact it is the Ottoman mecelle code that is still the basis of the family law in many Arab states). And these rules make it much easier for men to divorce than for women. Men do not have to go to court when they want to divorce.
The general ground of divorce in the Quran is hopeless failure of one or both parties to discharge their marital duties. The Islamic jurists have therefore developed some indices, which are accepted as grounds of divorce in case the matter goes to the court. Long absence of the husband without any information, long imprisonment, refusal to provide for the wife, impotence etc. are some of the (few) grounds on which a wife can ask for divorce according to these rules. A wife can also divorce her husband if this condition is stipulated in the marriage contract. And a marriage can of course be dissolved through mutual consent.
In Jordan, however, exists an amendment to this Islamic law: it is called "khuloe" and grants women the right to go to court and file for a divorce without having to specify the reasons for their wish to divorce in return for monetary compensation: The woman gets her freedom back but has to return the money or jewelry (dowry) given to her by her husband before the wedding and to waive all financial obligations listed in the marriage contract.
As far as I know, the members of the JRF do not have to go to court for a divorce, but I think they (or at least the women) need the king's consent.

Turkey has a secular law system, while most of the other Islamic countries (not just the Arab ones) still follow the rules of the traditional Islamic family law (as did the Turks before Atatürk). And these rules make it much easier for men to divorce than for women. Men do not have to go to court when they want to divorce.
The general ground of divorce in the Quran is hopeless failure of one or both parties to discharge their marital duties. The Islamic jurists have therefore developed some indices, which are accepted as grounds of divorce in case the matter goes to the court. Long absence of the husband without any information, long imprisonment, refusal to provide for the wife, impotence etc. are some of the (few) grounds on which a wife can ask for divorce according to these rules. A wife can also divorce her husband if this condition is stipulated in the marriage contract. And a marriage can of course be dissolved through mutual consent.
In Jordan, however, exists an amendment to this Islamic law: it is called "khuloe" and grants women the right to go to court and file for a divorce without having to specify the reasons for their wish to divorce in return for monetary compensation: The woman gets her freedom back but has to return the money or jewelry (dowry) given to her by her husband before the wedding and to waive all financial obligations listed in the marriage contract.
As far as I know, the members of the JRF do not have to go to court for a divorce, but I think they (or at least the women) need the king's consent.

Ok this sounds more fair I highy doung Noor would do this unless he was mean to her but I don't think so what happen if the man divorce the woman 1st? Does she still get to keep the jewelry and money?

Thanks for the explanation veram98 .. This is exactly what I was trying to explain, but my limited knowledge of English and my fear of breaking forums rules did not help me ..
Ok this sounds more fair I highy doung Noor would do this unless he was mean to her but I don't think so what happen if the man divorce the woman 1st? Does she still get to keep the jewelry and money?
If the man divorced first Wife is entitled to keep the jewels and husband must also pay her all financial obligations listed in the marriage contract. wife Financial rights after divorce varies from one arab country to another also.

Thanks for the explanation veram98 .. This is exactly what I was trying to explain, but my limited knowledge of English and my fear of breaking forums rules did not help me ..
If the man divorced first Wife is entitled to keep the jewels and husband must also pay her all financial obligations listed in the marriage contract. wife Financial rights after divorce varies from one arab country to another also.

Thank you reesha I feel better now:flowers:! Does anyone know jordan's financial rights:ermm:?At loeast Noor got to keep her jewery and money and title!! :D

I've been reading everyone's posts about custody and such. I'm not sure whether the law in Jordan applies to royals in this case or not. I remember watching a tv programme about Monaco's Princess Grace's marriage. It mentioned her not having custody of her children if she were to get divorced.

I realize that Jordan and Monaco are two very different countries with very different laws. But my point is that royals don't always have the same rules as commoners do.

Maybe there won't be a custody battle for Haya. Maybe issues regarding custody were decided before they got married. Who knows.

I've been reading everyone's posts about custody and such. I'm not sure whether the law in Jordan applies to royals in this case or not. I remember watching a tv programme about Monaco's Princess Grace's marriage. It mentioned her not having custody of her children if she were to get divorced.

I realize that Jordan and Monaco are two very different countries with very different laws. But my point is that royals don't always have the same rules as commoners do.

Maybe there won't be a custody battle for Haya. Maybe issues regarding custody were decided before they got married. Who knows.

I noticed the same thing but I think thats more the heir to the throne and not female member in the JRF but i read the same thing about grace.There won't be a custody battle at least we won't know about about it.

Does anyone know jordan's financial rights:ermm:?At loeast Noor got to keep her jewery and money and title!! :D

Mariage in Islamic countries conforms the signing of a contract and the divorced woman gets the money that is set aside for the case of divorce in the mariage contract (there exist no laws in Jordan concerning the amount of such fininancial obligations; it's up to the families of the couple to be married). Usually, a woman is adjucated in Jordan by the court additionally an indemnication that should correspond her maintenance for one year (and that depends on the previous economic status of the couple).
In the case of the JRF, I think everything related to a divorce is regulated in the mariage contracts.

Mariage in Islamic countries conforms the signing of a contract and the divorced woman gets the money that is set aside for the case of divorce in the mariage contract (there exist no laws in Jordan concerning the amount of such fininancial obligations; it's up to the families of the couple to be married). Usually, a woman is adjucated in Jordan by the court additionally an indemnication that should correspond her maintenance for one year (and that depends on the previous economic status of the couple).
In the case of the JRF, I think everything related to a divorce is regulated in the mariage contracts.

Is child support also?

Is child support also?

The law states, that the parent with custody is responsible for providing financial support for the child. That does not mean that fathers usually do not support their children, but if they do not want to ...

The law states, that the parent with custody is responsible for providing financial support for the child. That does not mean that fathers usually do not support their children, but if they do not want to ...

wow islam is much diffrent then our law :ohmy:

Yes, my country is like what you said but let's not forget that we Turks are not Arab & very different from the Arabs (culture,language,tradition etc... just the religion is same but also we have too much different things from Arabs in religion) so, there can be differences in laws. Also, Turkey is very democratic & secular country so, there isn't any Islamic rules in here. Also, I believe that Islam gives the custody to the parent who can bring up the child better. This has to be exactly Arab tradition. I hope everything will be best for little Haya.

I hope so. But in my opinion the Jordinians and the Turkish are quite similar. I spent quite much time in both countries. Tolerance and wish for development is almost the same. Of course there are marginals and fundemantalists in both countries. However, the law systems are quite different. There is an overwhelming islamic and or arab effect in Jordanian civil code. I agree that some of the things people consider as a part of the religion are a part of culture indeed. I am happy that the topic on this unfortunate royal divorce has led to a fortunate chance for intercultural awareness. I love both Jordan and Turkey. Also I wish luck to the Prince and the Princess. :flowers: I believe they will care about their daughter more than the civil code or anything else as they are (were :sad:) a good representation of madern Jordinian couple. :wub:

I hope so. But in my opinion the Jordinians and the Turkish are quite similar. I spent quite much time in both countries. Tolerance and wish for development is almost the same. Of course there are marginals and fundemantalists in both countries. However, the law systems are quite different. There is an overwhelming islamic and or arab effect in Jordanian civil code. I agree that some of the things people consider as a part of the religion are a part of culture indeed. I am happy that the topic on this unfortunate royal divorce has led to a fortunate chance for intercultural awareness. I love both Jordan and Turkey. Also I wish luck to the Prince and the Princess. :flowers: I believe they will care about their daughter more than the civil code or anything else as they are (were :sad:) a good representation of madern Jordinian couple. :wub:[/QUOTE]
Yes i agree and I don't think there wil be a issue.

No way! I know that I have been away for awhile, but I didn't realize that they have divorced. That's really sad.

Islamic tradition is about family values. I believe that the father has a responsibility to raise and care for his children after divorce, regardless of custody. It is both a moral and religious duty. I doubt that this should be any different for the JRF and I doubt that P Hamzah cannot support his daughter.

can someone please tell me: when was queen rania's son announced as the new crown prince?

Although this thread is about the sad divorce of this Royal couple, I have enjoyed learning about the different culture and customs relating to this matter.

what pattern? I still have a lot to learn about JRF. I started following them since last 2 weeks

what pattern? I still have a lot to learn about JRF. I started following them since last 2 weeks

Keep doing your homework, dear! :D :flowers: As to your other question: women are not allowed to enter the Mosques, so I wouldn't recommend it to you. What about joining the Jordanian army?! :whistling:

Ok, here: some people think Noor wanted to be the next Queen and married Hamzah because of this - he was a CP back in 2004. In July Abdullah named his son Hussein Crown Prince, so there are members here who suggest Noor divorced Hamzah because it was clear that he would never ascend to the throne. Personally, I don't believe this was the reason for their divorce. But of course, we need to wait until Cd_1 replies and explains to us what she is thinking.;)

As I said before, I don't think P noor initiated the divorce as P Hamzah is not the CP any more because being the "Crown couple" wouldn't add much to their life but just some official appearances as both were aware of that the King has already two sons and could easily remember what happened when the late King passed away. I think the reason why they couldn't go on together was the fact that they got married too young and have missed many opportunities a long lasting courtship could have contributed to their relationship.:neutral: They also had a child in the very first years of their marriage. Of course this is just my viewpoint. :unsure:

Keep doing your homework, dear! :D :flowers: As to your other question: women are not allowed to enter the Mosques, so I wouldn't recommend it to you. What about joining the Jordanian army?! :whistling:

Ok, here: some people think Noor wanted to be the next Queen and married Hamzah because of this - he was a CP back in 2004. In July Abdullah named his son Hussein Crown Prince, so there are members here who suggest Noor divorced Hamzah because it was clear that he would never ascend to the throne. Personally, I don't believe this was the reason for their divorce. But of course, we need to wait until Cd_1 replies and explains to us what she is thinking.;)
Women are allowed to enter the mosques but men and women must say thair prayers in different parts of the mosque. I mean if you went to a mosque to see a prince, you could see him, but probably he couldn't see you as you would be sitting on the second entresol. ;)

can i join the Jordanian army? but i dont want to die. Isnt there some other easy way:D

can i join the Jordanian army? but i dont want to die. Isnt there some other easy way:D
Hey
azezah don't panic. The princes of Jordan are down to earth people. you may bump into one of them driving around in amman :cool:or having meal in a restourant all af a sudden.;) Go to amman and leave the rest to the destiny. :lol:

Women are allowed to enter mosques. For the prayers there are separate sections exclusively for them.
Since November 2004 (when the king removed the title of crown prince from PHamzah) PHussein has been the legal heir to the throne (as foreseen by the Jordanian constitution), even if he was not yet officially named crown prince, and since then PNoor knew that she would never be Queen of Jordan!

I'm really sorry for the wrong info then! :sad::flowers: Good to know.

This is what we were discussing about privately, Veram. Noor knew since 2004 that Hamzah would never ascend to the throne. ;) I'll stick to Wingsofsky's post above. They were both too young when they married and without experiences.

Back
Top Bottom