Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering whether Charlene will give birth in a hospital, or in the palace? Has it been said?

I was wondering whether Charlene will give birth in a hospital, or in the palace? Has it been said?
Well it would be very old-fashioned if she gave birth at the palace:lol:. But charming at the same time... Anyway defintely Grace hospital

I just read the entire interview of Prince Albert.

Albert said that it is not sure princess Charlene will be present at the Te deum but she will be present in the yard of honor and at the Balcony , she will not be present to the gala at the evening

She is well and serene but he does not want she spares that everything will go welll.

The birth is around Christmas but as it is a pregnancy of twins, the birth will be around 10 days before.

If it is a boy and a girl, it will be the boy who will be prince hereditary prince, it it is 2 boys , it will be the first boy who will be the hereditary prince , if it is 2 girls, it is the first who will born whobe the hereditary princess, but if they have in the future a boy after the two daughter, he will take the hereditary title before her elder sister.

He does not know the gender of the babies but the Princess Charlene knows the gender, he asked her not to say him what are the gender of the babies. Princess Charlene keeps the secret, he said that in the life , there are not a lot of happy news to learn also he wants to have the surprise and the joy to discover the gender of his babies at the birth.

There will be a presentation of the babies to the people of Monaco on the place of the palace when the princess and their children will return to the palace , it will be a day without work this day for all the people who work in the principauty.

There are usually shots of canon, 21 for a girl and 101 for a boy as it is twins, the princess and the prince will do a surprise for the shots of canon.

I hope you understood my bad English.

Your written English isn't bad at all. Much better than I could do in French! Thank you for translating and posting the interview for us!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for taking the time to translate, Melina :flowers:

I am honestly so disappointed in Albert that he won't change the male-preference cognatic primogeniture to absolute primogeniture. It is pure sexism. Especially considering how hard-working his sister is. Caroline is a prime example of an older sister to a monarch who would have made an excellent monarch herself. I am honestly hoping he'll have two girls and that with time, the eldest will prove herself to be ten times the monarch Albert is.

I am honestly so disappointed in Albert that he won't change the male-preference cognatic primogeniture to absolute primogeniture. It is pure sexism. Especially considering how hard-working his sister is. Caroline is a prime example of an older sister to a monarch who would have made an excellent monarch herself. I am honestly hoping he'll have two girls and that with time, the eldest will prove herself to be ten times the monarch Albert is.

I agree completely. 1000%.

Not challenging this idea is, to me, very weak and shallow.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Imo it would be extra "sour" to P.Caroline if this was changed now, especially because she has done so much for the principality.
Best time to change it imo is when the heir and spare are both male and then change it for future heirs...

But at least a lit of things people were speculating on is now clear (and thank you Melina fir translating :flowers:)

Wow that's great info! I wonder what the surprise about the cannons will be... I still think it's 2 boys and that the both know...It's their right to keep it as a secret though...

I would be delighted if one of the babies was at least one girl...

Well it would be very old-fashioned if she gave birth at the palace:lol:. But charming at the same time... Anyway defintely Grace hospital

I disagree that it would be old-fashioned, since there is currently a trend for at-home births.

But a hospital might be safer and/or more convenient, I suppose. :flowers:

Yes Mirabel , in France , there are a lot of women who want to give birth at home but it is dangerious if it happens someting wrong.

Charlene will give birth to the Princess Grace maternity, a birth of twins is risky.

Today she looked quite good but still fragile and tired! She is carrying 2 human beings so I guess it's tough! Hope everything goes well...

BTW I bet she will have a cesarean section...

The happiest days are when little ones are born ~ CONGRATULATIONS to the Prince & Princess of Monaco on the impending birth of their twins ~ soooooooooooo very exciting!!!! :sun: :heartflower:

Prince Albert said that the due date is around Christmas but as it is a pregnancy of twins , he said that the birth will be 0 days before the due date. i think that she may give bith during the second week of december. very soon.

The reporters of Monaco Channel and RMC said this morning that the day of the birth they will give news in direct. because there will be a lot of events.

Prince Albert said that the due date is around Christmas but as it is a pregnancy of twins , he said that the birth will be 0 days before the due date. i think that she may give bith during the second week of december. very soon.

The reporters of Monaco Channel and RMC said this morning that the day of the birth they will give news in direct. because there will be a lot of events.

What did Albert say about the suprise with the cannons? I didn't understand.... and since he says 10 days before I believe we should expect the birth about the 15th of December, and I guess in a working day, so the monegasque will have their day off:flowers::flowers:

Imo it would be extra "sour" to P.Caroline if this was changed now, especially because she has done so much for the principality.
Best time to change it imo is when the heir and spare are both male and then change it for future heirs...

But at least a lit of things people were speculating on is now clear (and thank you Melina fir translating :flowers:)

While I can definitely see what you mean, I do think Caroline would be happy for her niece. Caroline has always grown up knowing that unless her brother died childless (or, without legitimate children, that is), she wouldn't inherit the throne. Back then, unless there was no male heir, women just didn't inherit thrones in general. This is very different. Not only have most of the European monarchies adopted absolute primogeniture, this is also a case of a possible set of opposite sex twins that could see the girl born first yet be surpassed by her younger brother. That kind of old-fashioned thinking is just not suitable for this time and day and I am so disappointed in Albert for choosing not to recognise this.

I have to say, I get more excited the closer she gets to her due date.

She seems really happy in the balcony photos.

I hope she manages to keep them in ther for at least two more weeks. I couldn't tell how big she was but her face had the dazed and ready look.

I hope she manages to keep them in ther for at least two more weeks. I couldn't tell how big she was but her face had the dazed and ready look.

I was just thinking about how ready she must be.. the last month is awful, I can't imagine two in there. I'd say she'll manage to keep them in until about the 10th of December, from what Albert said.

It did, didn't it? :flowers: Hopefully in two more weeks. Not that far away. A boy and a girl.

Having read Melina Premier's helpful translation of the interview with Albert, I am hoping for twin girls ? I can't believe he maintains such an outdated and discriminatory attitude towards the succession. Shame on you Albert.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Criticing Albert because he does not change the law of sucession in speaking of Caroline, I don't understand at least perhaps because these persons are desappointed not to see Caroline keeping the title of hereditary princess after the birth of the twins?

With the arrival of the twins , it was already complicat to design the heir of the twins and added on it a change of the law of sucession would be more complicat .

The law could be changed in the future as in Denmark where thare was a vote in 2009.

There are yet the law of primogeniturein Spain, if Leonor would have a brother, he would take the title of prince of Asturies and became heir of Spain, the law has not changed and we don't know when it was would be change, nobody is criticing King of Spain.

In the Liechenstein, the law has not changedand in Japan the wifes cannot reign nor in jordanie nobody is criticing the emperor or the king of jordanie or prince of Liechenstein

In Great Britain, the law has not yet changed .
At the end, I am perhaps an old fashion person but I always found this law of primogeniture very bad. since the change of the law in Sweden. and in Belgium.

I am waiting with a big pleasure the birth of the babies and these comments will not disturb my pleasure.

Criticing Albert because he does not change the law of sucession in speaking of Caroline, I don't understand at least perhaps because these persons are desappointed not to see Caroline keeping the title of hereditary princess after the birth of the twins?

With the arrival of the twins , it was already complicat to design the heir of the twins and added on it a change of the law of sucession would be more complicat .

The law could be changed in the future as in Denmark where thare was a vote in 2009.

There are yet the law of primogeniturein Spain, if Leonor would have a brother, he would take the title of prince of Asturies and became heir of Spain, the law has not changed and we don't know when it was would be change, nobody is criticing King of Spain.

In the Liechenstein, the law has not changedand in Japan the wifes cannot reign nor in jordanie nobody is criticing the emperor or the king of jordanie or prince of Liechenstein

At the end, I am perhaps an old fashion person but I always found this law of primogeniture very bad. since the change of the law in Sweden. and in Belgium.

I am waiting with a big pleasure the birth of the babies and these comments will not disturb my pleasure.

There's actually quite a lot of criticism of those unequal primogeniture laws internationally. Japan has probably been the worst, even reportedly pushing the Crown Princess into a decades-long depressive state because she "couldn't produce an heir."

In Spain there hasn't been a fuss because the King and Queen don't seem to plan to have more children.

And Lichtenstein and Jordan are tiny countries (Jordan a conservative Muslim one) that many really know they have a royal family.

I thought that they have changed it in July 2014 although Australia didn't accept it :ermm:

But I agree with you. We shouldn't criticise Albert for not changing the law. If he really doesn't know the sexes of children, why should he do that? There is also a probability that he will change it after the birth, but maybe he just thinks that a potential man on the throne will be more suitable than a woman ;)

I think they already know the babies' gender. At least Albert seemed to make a hint in " Monaco Matin", that one of them is a boy.

But as a Catholic ruler he is not supposed to change the law, as I understand.

I think they already know the babies' gender. At least Albert seemed to make a hint in " Monaco Matin", that one of them is a boy.

But as a Catholic ruler he is not supposed to change the law, as I understand.

I believe too that it is two boys, and they know. Would you happen to have a link of that Monaco Matin? Thanks!

I posted the article on prince Albert thread

now, I post it on the right thread

the resume of the interview of Prince Albert about the twins, but the article did not writte about the shots of canon it will be an another number of shots of canon because they will be twins.

Prince Albert won't know babies' gender until the big day - The Riviera Times Online

It is not new.

To morrow in Monaco Matin, the article will reveal what will be done at the birth of the twins

the presentation of the babies, the shots of canon , gifts of the birth

Ce samedi dans Monaco-Matin: ce que prévoit Monaco pour la naissance des jumeaux | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

It is what the palace said to Monao Matin,

the fest of the presentation, the shots of the canon, the gifts of birth and other detalis. it will be to morrow in Monaco Matin.

This is what the article said.

I wonder if the palace will release something... Albert has already talked about that...

Here is the announce by the princely cabinet about the events will follow the births of the twins

https://twitter.com/search?q=monaco&src=typd

I hope this link will work

https://twitter.com/search?q=Monaco&src=typd

I hope this time, the link will work

https://twitter.com/RTLPlaceRoyale

Now, it is inon Monaco channel in french and in english

Naissances Princières : Les dispositions prévues par le Palais Princier / News & Photos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom