Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe Caroline's children don't want the position. Why should it be forced on them if they don't want it. I don't think they were raised (trained) for it so it's probably a daunting prospect to them. They seem happy with their life as it is.
In my opinion it is Albert's responsibility to provide the heir.

I think they were raised to understand the responsibilities. Each has chosen a different aspect of Monaco's heritage. Andrea does a great deal of humanitarian work under the radar. Pierre who is about to or has graduated with a degree in economics and Charlotte is involved in the fashion and art world. All three spent time with their Grandfather and at royal functions through out their childhood. Caroline since her Mother's death has shown a great deal of duty and I'm sure she has raised her kids to feel that sense as well. We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes, but I think in a few years, Andrea and Pierre will be quite ready should they need to step up to the job.

Andrea has gone through the same training as PA did. He is not interning at the Qatar Embassy for fun. I doubt it was his choice to go to school in New York.

I agree - the Grimaldi have a track record of not being able to find an heir - just look at their history.

And Caroline's and Stephanie's children probably want to live their own lives, and maybe just occasionally be wheeled out for a function or two.

The thing is they have plenty of heirs now? I bet Albert would have liked to live his own life too? The fact is this is THEIR life! It is their family name and heritage they are living off of now and plan on living off of in the future--just wait till it all gets snatched away from them some day? ;) Perhaps they take "their own lives" for granted? I guess they will be OK getting by with having the same status as Ernst and his kids, as long as nothing interferes with "their own lives" :whistling: I have no problem with what they are doing now, but what they are planning to be doing with themselves in the future if they find their family legacy such a burden? What do they want to be known for in the world, while they are still attaching their wagon to being a Grimaldi? If Albert was married early on or Grace was still alive. I guess they would have expected to have the same status as Antoinette's kids? I wonder if they would have been happy with that?;) Out of all the kids, not one of the sisters kids will step up? Unbelievable? I really have a hard time believing this?

I think this marriage to get an heir is going to blow up in all of their faces and in the end is going to result in a change in Grimaldi rule and plenty of Grimaldi assets. I really think this is going to open the door....when someone else other than the Grimaldi's think they should be acting Regent? I hope they all have a lot of foresight? An heir is not even born yet? How many years would it be where a son or daughter could actually step up to be trusted to rule there? How old is Albert and Caroline going to be? Even if Caroline is available they will still try to wrestle control away from the Grimaldi's since she will no longer be next in line? She won't have much say? Others will decide this? I'm sure they would like to wrestle control away from the Grimaldi's now? Charlene is probably these peoples answer to their dreams?;) I can see now the "no confidence claims" up the road. I guess no one cares as long as they get to "live their own lives.":D

Lets get back on topic...which is the relationship between Albert and Charlene.

This thread isn't about the Casigrahi Trio or their roles as Monaco heirs.

No, now that she is to be The Princess of Monaco, she is as much a celebrity as they. In fact, she may well be recognized after they lose there popularity.

Although I wouldn't doubt that this is probably sadly her own thinking. They are Grimaldis by birth, they actually do things and have a life, they don't need to hitch their wagon to be anything or anyone other than who they already are? I think the idea that you think Charlene would be happy to be considered a celebrity is very telling? :ROFLMAO: Most people would be embarrassed to be considered a "celebrity." for celebrity sake. :D. I agree though that I think that title will not be considered much else now?

Let me ask you what is this girl recognized on her own for? What has she done herself to make someone want to pay to be stuck in a room with her? Why is Charlene herself interesting? Why are people going to flock to Monaco and open their wallets? Is she going to inspire people to pay and attend all their charity balls? How? Just a new title is going to do all this for her? Really????;). I think you might be dreaming, but I don't believe you are the only one? Do you have your trip booked?;)

Sandsla you bring up a good point. Royalty was always elusive thus adding to their allure and people wanting to be in close proximity. That is why the Queen raises and lowers her flag over Buckingham Palace. I see it in both William and Harry. They still despite their charm remain somewhat elusive in nature. There is also a difference in the way they carry themselves and act. Once the elusiveness evaporates, then all you have is a celebrity and those come a dime a dozen especially with reality TV. JMO

Let's remember: Age is nothing but a number.:D

Albert is happy with her and that's all that matters. I am sure Princess Grace would have loved this girl and made her feel at home. Likewise I am sure his father would have been happy for his son. In any case it is Albert's choice, Albert's decision.

Maybe Caroline's children don't want the position. Why should it be forced on them if they don't want it. I don't think they were raised (trained) for it so it's probably a daunting prospect to them. They seem happy with their life as it is.
In my opinion it is Albert's responsibility to provide the heir.

I agree - the Grimaldi have a track record of not being able to find an heir - just look at their history.

And Caroline's and Stephanie's children probably want to live their own lives, and maybe just occasionally be wheeled out for a function or two.
Couldn't have said it any better. Age is nothing but a number, as long as PA is happy, who cares?? Maybe Caro's kids don't want the position-too much public eye and responsibility for them to handle.

Perhaps both Albert and Charlene has the maturity and ability to discuss what their relationship means to them and the obstacles they may find. I hope they have a happy marriage with many children. It is time for Albert to settle down and Charlene is young and energetic and will eventually develop into a great asset for him and Monaco. Age difference is usually more of a problem for other people than couples themselves. They have had 3-4 years to think this through and would have separated if they did not believe it would work.

I guess we'll just have to give the two of them a chance.

In a way, it doesn't really matter whether Charlene matures into an asset, or not.
Her (potential) impact will be negligible as she will only be a consort. PA is the one who runs the show - with his main players, the Minister of State, Council, Mairie etc. of course.

PA wanted a statuesque blonde on his arm, and now he's got one.
I guess the Monégasques wanted a Grace clone, and I'm not sure they're getting one.

I hadn't thought of it in those terms.

There is a German word "Torschlusspanik" - the feeling one gets when something is happening too late to be of any use. Can be used in the context of no longer being able to bear a child.

You reminded me that PA really couldn't get married to anyone without Rainier's agreement. That must have been tough.

What sour grapes. She, obviously, has attracted a very eligible person. Albert's no fool. Going to a university does not, necessarily, guarantee intelligence. One can learn outside of school, too. She never purported to have gone to university. The press did. Grace never attended university, either. Her family could well afford it.

It's true going to a University doesn't guarantee intelligence, but it does do many things for the individual that full time sports can not do. In elite sports you are cloistered into a narrow focus to attain your Olympic goals. Most going to the Olympics do not have time for academics full time or not at all. This is a fact. However, most continue their education one course at a time until they obtain their degrees. I could give you a long list of top athletes who have done this starting with Alycia Warlick. They continue their education for their post athletic careers and to manage the money they earn when they have sponsors. There are only a handful of athletes who make huge money after their sports careers are over. They need to support themselves. Most use the Olympics to parlay themselves into their next careers like sports broadcasting (Mary W. the other swimmer Albert dated did this).
College is the venue that transitions a young person into adulthood and prepares them for their careers. When you miss that opportunity you miss out on many aspects of development. I'm not knocking sports but at some point they have to have an income to survive. So Charlene made it her job to snag Albert and so she has. Albert may not be stupid, but many a bright man who has "fallen in love" has fallen for the wrong reasons. You can't have it both ways. As for the press making up her University attendance, the palace should have straightened that out. They did not. Charlene should have straightened that out and didn't.

As for Grace you can't compare her situation to Charlene's. Many women Grace's age did not attend college. They attended secretarial schools etc. There were not many job opportunities for women back then. Grace attended a very prestigious drama school in NYC. You had to audition and be accepted to get in. She earned her place there. And she earned money by modeling to support herself.

So Charlene made it her job to snag Albert and so she has. Albert may not be stupid, but many a bright man who has "fallen in love" has fallen for the wrong reasons. You can't have it both ways. As for the press making up her University attendance, the palace should have straightened that out. They did not. Charlene should have straightened that out and didn't.

Do you actually know how disrespectful that is to Charlene and to Albert. Someone is clearly jealous and needs to get over there selves. Charlene last competited in 2000 and there IS and WAS a four year gap between them getting together. Get your facts right and leave this woman alone. She makes Albert happy and she could actually, if she or someone close to her saw this, sue you!

Oh and on the issue of her might or might not have finished high school - she grew up in South Africa - I think, in the twenty first century, that this could well have happened here because of wars/gang's etc or because her swimming over took.

:ohmy:

Do you actually know how disrespectful that is to Charlene and to Albert. Someone is clearly jealous and needs to get over there selves. Charlene last competited in 2000 and there IS and WAS a four year gap between them getting together. Get your facts right and leave this woman alone. She makes Albert happy and she could actually, if she or someone close to her saw this, sue you!

Oh and on the issue of her might or might not have finished high school - she grew up in South Africa - I think, in the twenty first century, that this could well have happened here because of wars/gang's etc or because her swimming over took.

:ohmy:[/QUOTE

LOL You made my day thank you. I need to get over myself. I have met Albert when he and I were both in our 20s. He's a nice guy and trust me I am NOT his type. At this point in my life, I'm much to old to be a tiara wannabe. I'm happily married with a teenager.
My interest in Monaco is because my father's priest was Father Tucker. Yes my mother met with Father Tucker before my parents married. What I am saying is based on facts not idle gossip. Charlene's Dad in his first interviews said Charlene would make it her job to be the only person in Albert's life. Go look it up. So if anyone needs to get their facts straight young lady, it's you. I'm not going to bother correcting your factual errors on SA. I might add that Chelsy Davey also grew up in SA and she's finished her University, and getting a law degree now. I seldom post on this forum because I just prefer facts to rose-colored glasses.

I wasn't happy to hear they got engaged Albert is too old for this lovely young woman

We have to say Kudos to them even if some of us think life has been unfair to wonderful Charlene Wittstock

What an interesting mix of "pro Charlene", "anti Charlene, "pro Albert", "anti Albert" !

However, regardless of what anyone says or feels, the pair will enjoy their future together, and there's nothing we can do about it.

What an interesting mix of "pro Charlene", "anti Charlene, "pro Albert", "anti Albert" !

However, regardless of what anyone says or feels, the pair will enjoy their future together, and there's nothing we can do about it.

On that we can surely all agree.

Sandsla you bring up a good point. Royalty was always elusive thus adding to their allure and people wanting to be in close proximity. That is why the Queen raises and lowers her flag over Buckingham Palace. I see it in both William and Harry. They still despite their charm remain somewhat elusive in nature. There is also a difference in the way they carry themselves and act. Once the elusiveness evaporates, then all you have is a celebrity and those come a dime a dozen especially with reality TV. JMO
This is called "power by association" and it is not very inspiring when you have not achieved anything of your own but seen your interests in those of another.Especially one that will dignify the CV.

I don't understand all the aggression and lack of civility in these threads..I expect to see this kind of hostility on a message board for American Idol, not The Royal Forums! :lol::lol:

Some of us like CW, some don't...that's okay...but it shouldn't have to be so bitter around here all the time, let's lighten up folks!

I don't understand all the aggression and lack of civility in these threads..I expect to see this kind of hostility on a message board for American Idol, not The Royal Forums! :lol::lol:

Some of us like CW, some don't...that's okay...but it shouldn't have to be so bitter around here all the time, let's lighten up folks!

I totally agree.
It's annoying coming on these threads with posters arguing and not allowing personal opinions:bang:.

Let's face it: we can all be a teenie weenie bit jealous, or put out, when we see the riches and influence and admiration that others seem to have.

It's a natural human trait, and it will continue while the human race is still around.

But amongst ourselves in this community, we can gloss over these differences of opinion, mainly because they are not really that important. Our own lives and aspirations are a million times more important than any of the so-called "high profile people" we squabble over.

In defence of royals and princes and the rest, I would like to say that much of the charitable giving, and the publicity for good causes, does arise from their presence and influence and hard work.
Even if we can't get any pleasure from the Monaco wedding plans, we can still respect PA for his environmental credentials. Whether we can respect CW eventually, is in the future.

But, for my part, I wouldd rather meet a hundred of you "real" people out there, than just one aristo.

Let's face it: we can all be a teenie weenie bit jealous, or put out, when we see the riches and influence and admiration that others seem to have....

Bravo-Bravo:ROFLMAO:
Well said!!! Renata
I could not agree more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's face it: we can all be a teenie weenie bit jealous, or put out, when we see the riches and influence and admiration that others seem to have...

I agree pretty much with everything you say here, but personally I'm not even a tiny bit jealous. You couldn't pay me to live a life in a fish bowl. As for all the jet-setting etc. I did that in my youth and I will tell you that eventually if your life isn't a full one outside of it, it will be empty and lonely. I hope Charlene truly understands what she's getting her self into. Yes it's a job but it can be a very lonely one. I don't "hate" Charlene, I just don't think she really is up to the job from what I have seen of her over the years. I actually think if Albert had married her 4 years ago, things might have been better for her. I also think the engagement was spur of the moment, which doesn't leave me with a good feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only member of the Grimaldis I'd trade places with is Charlotte...but I love Monaco and I have always fantasized about living there.

Great post Renata, as usual!

Let's face it: we can all be a teenie weenie bit jealous, or put out, when we see the riches and influence and admiration that others seem to have.

It's a natural human trait, and it will continue while the human race is still around.

But amongst ourselves in this community, we can gloss over these differences of opinion, mainly because they are not really that important. Our own lives and aspirations are a million times more important than any of the so-called "high profile people" we squabble over.

In defence of royals and princes and the rest, I would like to say that much of the charitable giving, and the publicity for good causes, does arise from their presence and influence and hard work.
Even if we can't get any pleasure from the Monaco wedding plans, we can still respect PA for his environmental credentials. Whether we can respect CW eventually, is in the future.

But, for my part, I wouldd rather meet a hundred of you "real" people out there, than just one aristo.

Though I don't necessarily agree with your post, Renata, especially the part I highlighted in bold, I enjoy reading your posts, always have. :)

Seriously, being a member of several boards on the 'net for the last 11 yrs. or so, I can honestly say that only a small percentage (1 or 2%) would I like to meet in real life (and have done so). Too much fighting, bitching, complaining, et al. C'est la vie. :)

Regards the royals, I do have tremendous admiration & respect for the ones that conduct themselves with remarkable aplomb despite everything, as I feel they are role models whether they like it or not. And I agree with what Princess Caroline said once, they do more than some people ever do.

And I have a feeling Charlene Wittstock will do extremely well, of course encountering little bumps here & there during her path as First Lady of Monaco, but in the end it'll be all right. Especially when she starts having children, attends as many functions as Princess Caroline does, and of course learns French fluently. And she has Prince Albert & his sisters to help her along. :)

Many thanks for the responses - Hibou, I agree with you about goldfish bowls. I became a C of E minister in the Eighties when there weren't that many of us around, and I got heartily sick of being stared at, shouted at, laughed at, or - worst of all - people saying, "Oh, a Lady Vicar" - I could spit when I think about it.

How much harder must it be to be constantly in the public eye, having bodyguards around you in case you get abducted, and only rarely being able to live a "normal" life.... no money could compensate for that sort of lifestyle.

Nadine, I too have been on various boards, and the only one I've stuck with, so far, is this one. Yes, it isn't always what we hope it could be, but the standard of posts and debates is fairly good, but of course it could still be improved. Perhaps it is the subject matter that makes it more bearable than other boards.

Lol, thanks for understanding, Renata. :) And I can totally understand where you're coming from, but so far I'm still a member of several boards, an eclectic mix of politics, sports, music, and entertainment. But I have to be honest, I've taken loooooong breaks from some of them, but always come back after a while. :D But I think this is the way for a lot of people.

Regards TRF, sometimes I read the boards weekly, daily, and other times it might be 6 months later. Depends on what I'm doing. But my impetus for posting was Crown Princess Victoria's wedding, someone I have always admired, and now Prince Albert & Charlene's upcoming wedding!!!!! I can't believe it, still, I thought he might not ever marry, lol. :D

It appears that it is necessary to step in once again.

TRF is a discussion board that welcomes all type of opinions (negative as well as positive). It should be noted that you can't please everyone all the time. We certainly get complaints that we are too sugary as well as the fact that we are slipping down a negative path. We do try to encourage ALL types of discussion within reason.

With that in mind, if your feelings for Charlene and Albert are not positive and you wish to express that right, please refrain from calling them names, questioning their motives (i.e. Charlene is an opportunist, Albert has to marry her, she has been waiting for years with this goal, etc.) Such talk is considered defamatory and will be deleted without notice.

Also, it goes without saying that it is possible to engage in a civil discussion without being rude, snarky and patronizing to your fellow TRF'ers. Those posts have been and will continue to be deleted as well.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM. Any concerns addressed in the threads, will be deleted.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Last edited:
#1107 Nadine

Well, you've got your wish, and so have many others....
All of a sudden, the activity on the boards increases greatly !!
Like you (and others) I've been in the doldrums quite often, but now there is something special to look forward to.
Of course, it was started by the Swedish wedding in the first place :))

Moonmaiden, you conjured up a wonderfully funny vision of PA in a Donald Duck costume....

Of course, it all depends on what type of fat he needs to shed...

As to Charlene becoming the "saviour" of Monegasque society - so far I've not seen any sign of that......apart from her spending a fortune on designer clothes - which may make some Italian couture houses even richer....

Renata I do think her physical transformation has been superb, but I can't help wishing that she had spent the last four years concentrating on things in addition to her appearance...her French, her education, charities etc.

There is still time however...I am going to cross my fingers and hope for the best!;)

Back
Top Bottom