Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We would not have the sheer unadulterated complacency in mediocrity you impose on us.
You live your life allowing the days to roll by.
As for us getting a grip I suggest you do it because Charlene is not going to cure Aids or bring the Nobel and she is not going to walk on water ever after having had intimate relations with PA for four years before marriage.I suggest you sit back and watch life progress and stop acting like a moderator which you are not. By next year no one will care about her dress and wedding Can't you see the media frenzy who do not give a darn - zip - zero- nada-with no coverage at all.Cw put this over on PA but the world is not buying it - and seeks no media reciprocation, anticipation of the upcoming events.There is no need of a prediction the proof is there now. No one cares .NOt one magazine cover worth it like Time or Vogue or something else to cover her.The apathy and indifference is contemptuously displayed everywhere you turn to attempt to find an article about these two.Charlene is doing nothing to heighten interest in Monaco or make herself a bit more known now by attending events.. that might assist this-.It is almost like she awaited the ring and then disappeared.Cw flew to auction off a Panda dress she had once to a geopgraphical location that was distant and now she has disappeared off the radar. So by next year I doubt very much that anybody will care about her anymore than now..because she has no psychological appeal whatsoever.
Obviously I failed in attempting to inject a bit of humour:bang:

Good grief, we are talking about the Prince of Monaco getting engaged. Hardly an earth shattering story, especially since his fiance is not an American movie star. The story was picked up around the world, although it was not necessarily front page news. Think back to Victoria of Swedens engagement, it was not on global front pages nor was her recent wedding. In this global world there are big stories to be covered...war in Iraq and Afghanistan, oil spills in Gulf of Mexico, global recession, economic crisis in Greece, German bail out of Greek economy, worries about the Euro, ...each of those stories is more deserving of front page coverage than a mere engagement in Monaco.
In this global world the Greek economy and the betrothal of the Monaco couple share a commonality- fiascos- via the lack of accountability and the manner in which they have been handled by others.jmo

So you are saying 2 adults cannot be in a committed relationship without benefit of clergy, a tiara on her head and the Order of St Charles across her shoulders?
And here you were ranting about a relationship without a commitment just a few short weeks ago.. Now we have the betrothal and it isn't going anywhere quickly.It is common and nothing exceptional characterizes it.Because the two parties involved aspire but cannot translate the highest ideals into unattainable perpendiculars- And Charlene is so concerned that she could not stop fretting to go on vacation.It is like CW almost awaited the moment she could be betrothed to "escape" yet again.... I am going to call the gal Harry Houdini's sidekick .. soon..jmo imo

This is a global world now and I expected a global coverage not a regional one.

I have seen feature stories in the Italian, British, Spanish as well as the American press.

Is that not global enough? :whistling::whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
We use the word "global" without thinking. We are all talking like the medias wants to we do. Free minds are not allowed any more. I think we are implying that this future wedding is an important new, and I agree. Of course, there are more important news to talk about than a Royal wedding, but I wish that the medias would focus a little more on Albert's wedding. It's like the medias of the world doesn't like Royals so awfully much. They only shows them at the locals news if you have the chance to live in a monarchic country. :sad:

Vanesa.

Vanesa, dippy drug addled starlets like Lindsay Lohan get extensive news coverage here in the good ol' USA...if you are like me and couldn't care less about Jennifer Aniston's diet secrets, Nicole Ritchie's wedding plans, or the latest Robert Pattinson "Vampire" movie then you are quite out of luck.

I don't think many of my compatriots under the age of 40 can even locate Monaco on the map. :sad:

Vanesa, dippy drug addled starlets like Lindsay Lohan get extensive news coverage here in the good ol' USA...if you are like me and couldn't care less about Jennifer Aniston's diet secrets, Nicole Ritchie's wedding plans, or the latest Robert Pattinson "Vampire" movie then you are quite out of luck.

I don't think many of my compatriots under the age of 40 can even locate Monaco on the map. :sad:

You got that right. I have met 50 year olds who don't know who Grace Kelly is.

That's not really surprising. The Rainier-Grace wedding was essentially a European event, not an American. Obviously people on the US West Coast would have known quite a bit about Grace Kelly, but practically nothing about Monaco, let alone Rainier.

Monaco is somewhere where Europeans pass through on the way from southern France to Italy. Unless you have a map or guide, you may pass through it on the underground section of the train to Italy. I've driven by car through it several times and found it very difficult to find somewhere to park.

Moonmaiden, most Americans couldn't pick out Cleveland on a map or tell you when or why the Civil War occured. They call it "World News Tonight" but most of our tv news is about the US. We get very little news about Canada and we share thousands of miles of border with them. We do love to beat up on Mexico though. Paul the Octopus got more newstime than Queen Elizabeth's trip to NYC.

Moonmaiden, most Americans couldn't pick out Cleveland on a map or tell you when or why the Civil War occured. They call it "World News Tonight" but most of our tv news is about the US. We get very little news about Canada and we share thousands of miles of border with them. We do love to beat up on Mexico though. Paul the Octopus got more newstime than Queen Elizabeth's trip to NYC.

Well, I hope your wrong, but I have seen some young Americans not know where anything was on a map, because they fail to teach geography these days, I am told. Most know some rudimentary reasons for the Civil War, I suspect that is still taught. Royalty is, basically, surperfluous, and most Americans pay little attention to the ribbon cutting and waving. The press is interested in the people who, actually, make the laws, spend the money, invest, good or bad, ect. Who is Paul the Octopus?

Paul is an octopus in a German aquarium who has been correctly picking the World Cup soccer winners. Some Germans wanted him killed because he picked Spain over Germany.

I disagree with Renata about PR and PG's wedding. It was a very big deal in the US when it happened. There are still movie and TV newsreels on it. TV was fairly new in 1956. Queen Noor's wedding was in the news alot also. They were covered because they were American.

Ah yes......Lisa Halaby who became Queen Noor.... I had forgotten she was American.

I don't disagree with you really..... Rainier arrived in Philly with Father Tucker.... and at that time nobody knew who Rainier was, which dynasty, background etc.

Of course, once the engagement was announced, everyone got very excited about Grace Kelly and her Prince.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

so true

That's not really surprising. The Rainier-Grace wedding was essentially a European event, not an American. Obviously people on the US West Coast would have known quite a bit about Grace Kelly, but practically nothing about Monaco, let alone Rainier.

Monaco is somewhere where Europeans pass through on the way from southern France to Italy. Unless you have a map or guide, you may pass through it on the underground section of the train to Italy. I've driven by car through it several times and found it very difficult to find somewhere to park.

Ya. thats why MGM had the rights to film it and the media circus that descended on Monaco was primarily American.:whistling:
By contrast, the majority of Monegasques did not know who Grace kelly was....

At least the Monegasques and others on the Côte d'Azur would have had a chance to see Grace Kelly at the Cannes Film Festival that year where she caused a sensation.

To summarize, the Americans, and especially the Philadelphians, were suspicious of this pennyless prince and his diminutive, gambling-ridden dwarf state....

....and the Monegasques were equally suspicious of, and nonplussed by, the stranger from America who had been received by Rainier in the Palace garden for no good reason.

So it's quits, I think.

At least the Monegasques and others on the Côte d'Azur would have had a chance to see Grace Kelly at the Cannes Film Festival that year where she caused a sensation.

To summarize, the Americans, and especially the Philadelphians, were suspicious of this pennyless prince and his diminutive, gambling-ridden dwarf state....

....and the Monegasques were equally suspicious of, and nonplussed by, the stranger from America who had been received by Rainier in the Palace garden for no good reason.

So it's quits, I think.

Yes, indeed. I thinks so too..:flowers:

Good grief, we are talking about the Prince of Monaco getting engaged. Hardly an earth shattering story, especially since his fiance is not an American movie star. The story was picked up around the world, although it was not necessarily front page news. Think back to Victoria of Swedens engagement, it was not on global front pages nor was her recent wedding. In this global world there are big stories to be covered...war in Iraq and Afghanistan, oil spills in Gulf of Mexico, global recession, economic crisis in Greece, German bail out of Greek economy, worries about the Euro, ...each of those stories is more deserving of front page coverage than a mere engagement in Monaco.

Most everyone loves a wedding. Royal nuptuals inspire the "awwww" emotion. These rare events are a welcome distraction from the more serious frightening problems that this world is never without. I am sure that in Monaco the news was front page. It is not necesary anywhere else to be front page. Anyhow, the wedding will have more internationl coverage. I hope that Monaco has the wedding available on the internet, just like the wedding in Sweden.

Do you think she's going to get the same press coverage as Princess Diana did?

What a ridiculous question.
Diana and Charlene are two incredible different people, in two very different countries.
It's bad enough that they compare Grace to Charlene, now your comparing her with Diana.

Diana married a young prince, she was the leading lady in a love story (for the people at least), and you could see she was in love.
Diana got a huge press coverage before marrying, and P.A and CW engagement was hardly covered, so i´d say no,no no.
And of course, Diana was atractive and charismatic.

Hopefully, no one will ever get the same press coverage as Diana, Princess of Wales because Diana courted the press and died from the press. I think royalty if they are smart learn a lesson from the Princess' death.:flowers:

i agree princess diana was charasmatic and naturally beautiful. my though was because charlene is 20 years albert's junior that the press and papparazzi would be following her around. it's amazing to see how albert really let himself go over the years, he must surely feel comfortable around charlene to look like like. and i've noticed over the years and most currently she really loves having her picture taken i mean she mugs for the camera, points to them, puts her arms around celebraties as if she is one herself. i don't know...

No, now that she is to be The Princess of Monaco, she is as much a celebrity as they. In fact, she may well be recognized after they lose there popularity.

Hopefully, no one will ever get the same press coverage as Diana, Princess of Wales because Diana courted the press and died from the press. I think royalty if they are smart learn a lesson from the Princess' death.:flowers:

This is not the place to discuss it, but Diana died because of a drunken driver. The press had nothing to do.

I agree.
The press has lots to do with her death. Even though she had a drunk driver they wouldn't have been to eager to get away had it not been for the press. Elton John said the "press" killed some of his best friends: Diana, Versace and Michael Jackson. Why would Elton John say that? Because he knows the consequences and the problems that one has to deal with when surrounded by the media.

Well...I must recognize I didn't like very much the people you've mentioned: Elton John, Versace and Michael Jackson. You could like them since we live in a free world (even if I began to doubt abiout it recently :ermm:), but I think they were - and in the case of Elton John stiil are -known for the medias made them know. They must have agreed to let the press interview them and the paparazzi take pics of them, since they made them famous. And why do you say that press killed Versace and Michael Jackson...? I have different versions about their deaths, to say the least. As for Diana, I could said the same: she was killed by a drunken driver.

But now, back to our original discussion, since we always ends talking about Diana's death.

I don't think that Monaco's weddin will have a so great press cover. Monarchies are no more in fashion...:D. Since I do not live in a Monarchic country, and our republic just hates Royalty, I couldn't even have a glimpse of Queen Sophia and Princess Maxima at the World Cup great final, and I couldn't see Crownprincess Victoria of Sweden wedding at TV. I suppose we wouldn't have any show, or at least very little of Prince Albert wedding. It should be a real pity, but I know how things are now...:bang::bang:

Vanesa.

This is such a boring couple, really. Prince Albert was so boring to begin with and he has dragged C-W around for six years with no story, no incentives of her own, just barbie doll who changes clothes and occasionally smiles for the camera. I hope she blossoms more now that she feels officially like one of the family there. And even though their story is dreadfully boring now, maybe there will be more for us to cheer on as time goes by? Hope so. (dull dull dull - what would the media write about her anyway??)

I realize that everyone has his/her own tastes and opinions, but I am genuinely confused when people accuse a Royal or Princely person of being "boring"...what on Earth do people expect? Should they leak sex tapes to the media or get busted trying to take drugs through airport customs like Paris Hilton?

They are NOT trashy media celebs thank God, and I don't want them to be..I want to go back to the days when Royalty acted like...Royalty.

For now, Charlene is doing exactly what she should be doing...making public appearances with or without Albert, smiling a lot, and looking perfectly lovely while doing so...now is NOT the time for her to be yammering to the media about How I Bagged The Prince of Monaco like some silly third rate starlet. :bang:

After she becomes Princess, hopefully she will increase her responsibilities and we will learn more about her.

For the record, the Grimaldis are about as far from boring as you can be...they are sexy, scandalous, tragic...with just enough mystique and elegance to pull off the whole thing.

And they are physically more gorgeous than all the other Royals put together...my opinion of course.

Wow. I never said the press killed them. Please don't misconstrue what I was saying. I was merely repeating what Elton John said. Of course the "media" didn't kill Diana, Versace and MJ, but the "media" had a lot to do with the their downfall. Which is why John said the media "killed" them. Everyone wants to believe that Diana just died from a drunken driver. Guess what??? She did die because of the drunk driver, but her death had lots to do with the media!! I believe most of the posters on TRF are old enough to understand where I'm coming from when I mentioned what E. John said, even if they don't agree with me. Whether anyone likes it or not, the consequences and problems that come with being famous is tough. The press didn't physically kill Diana and MJ, but the press had a lot do with it.

Moonmaiden, I'm guessing you're also referring to my post about the Belgium royals being boring. So I will try to clarify myself. When I say "boring" I do not think they should have big scandals, be trashy, have sex tapes or whatever you're thinking. I think we have enough trashy celebs. But what I was saying is that I'm just not gravitating toward them. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know Belgium had royals until earlier this year. I don't care much for them because I don't know them well like I do British, Swedish and Danish royals and when I try to get to know them they come across to me as "boring". There's nothing exciting going on with them. Nothing's wrong with that, but thats just how I'm feeling about them. My interest just does not lie there.

With that said, I think we better get back on the topic of Charlene and Albert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom