Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Albert keep avoiding the talk of marriage when i was in Monaco i was hoping to see him walk by or so but he was barely in the country, i think not that many people get to see him because he travel non stop the only time he is around is event or parties i think for ones people would expect him to be involve instead of just the title in fact i am so confuse about their life since the media is so much into their life it become a show off or a shown and tell i think and know the people would love it if Charlene show interested about the people or get involve in charity that they have in Monaco that does not include a red carpet parties she can do swimming coach for kids etc when i was there even through it was a vacation i joint my friends that live there on a charity event working with kids in the hospital etc she can do that to welcoming her way in because even though the media like her but the people will not feel the same because they have wait for a long time after grace to get someone that they can feel alright about it and if she not going to at least show some compassion and dignity they will give her hell because Monaco is more than five stars hotel,parties, etc there is so much more in that tiny country she should know by now she have been there for more than three years there should be no excuse:ermm:

Well this is how I would feel if I was in my homeland or close by with the Prince after so long; I would say that I have had enough of running after you into Monaco and everwhere else and I would appreciate it if you go and see my parents to spell out your intentions because I did not fall out of a tree or else I am going to go as I cannot run around the globe without a commitment. period full stop.And then I would stop chasing PA back into MOnaco if he said no to my parents and marriage . I would then find a dentist in the suburbs, marry, have five children and live happily ever after.

So you are saying 2 adults cannot be in a committed relationship without benefit of clergy, a tiara on her head and the Order of St Charles across her shoulders?

So you are saying 2 adults cannot be in a committed relationship without benefit of clergy, a tiara on her head and the Order of St Charles across her shoulders?
Mmm, I have to agree with you. I don't think there needs to be any kind of formal ceremony to put a seal on a relationship. I respect couples who don't need a third party to tell them their relationship is sacred (to them anyway). That's what I mean when I talk about letting what is be. Why do that have to get married? I don't see it as Albert's duty to marry Charlene. If keeping their relationship as it is is good for them, then what's wrong with that? I think you have a point about Albert dragging her along but I don't think she's the victim. She quite probably wants it to be that way. I can't imagine she has no say in her own relationship. :ermm:

I have to agree - I don't believe there needs to be any kind of marriage ceremony for them to have a committed relationship. I do find that on this forum everyone thinks that Charlene is desperately waiting for marriage because she is dating a prince. In this day and age we don't presume that all women want to be married so why should this apply if people are dating royalty. She could be very happy in her relationship and be the person in the couple who does not want marriage so that she keeps the freedom she has and avoids even more comparison with Princess Grace than she already gets. Obviously this is just my opinion as I am aware there are a lot of people on this forum who would disagree with my feeling in relation to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said, KathL, and I'm one of those who WOULD agree with you.
Why does everyone HAVE to get married ???

Everybody don't have to get marry. But royal do. To keep they bloodline going.

Everybody don't have to get marry. But royal do. To keep they bloodline going.

To keep the bloodline going and as a sign of respect and a good example! What happened to the good old-fashioned days:ermm:.

Then what is the difference between them and very other commoner Tom Dick and Harry in the West with a couple of children out of wedlock, many broken relationships and a disability when it comes to facing the spiritual aspects of the covenant marriage. Are you saying that two adults cannot decide to form a family with one to wear a tiara and the order of ST. Charles while also having the spiritual blessings that make marriage a covenant? Are you saying the cannot have the highest ideal and denominators as they set the example?In a committed relationship they eat sleep drink sharing the pseudo connubial bed and defecate. They share worldy aspects of life that have to do with materiality and not spirituality.For one of the two parties who has a "calling" as Prince that has no bearing in the spiritual aspects of the mantle of purple and the definition of that nobility.It negates it.Callings are not subject to revisionism.
What is being said is that Pa and Cw can share a committed relationship without marriage forever.The impediment here is the lack of spirituality... too much food and song and good times... It isn't about tiaras .It is about all else physical.Marriage is also a rite of passage and one anticipates having a family and sealing that covenant without just hanging out together until hell freezes over.

So you are saying without spirituality (by which I am assuming you mean a religious service) that a couples relationship cannot be valid or committed. Well I can think of a long list of people who would disagree with that. I can also think of an equally long list of people who went through the "spiritual" recognition of their relationship and that did not hold them together. Spirituality means different things to different people and does not necessarily require a blessing by a priest to make them regard their relationship as committed.
In the 21st century both princes and commoners can live with their partners without benefit of clergy, some go on to marry in civil or religious services others do not. Some last some don't, neither comes with a guarantee. Neither choice makes their committments to each other any less valid than the other. Some people want children others do not or cannot. People make choices in their personal lives based on what they think will make them happy. I would not expect a man, even a sovereign prince, to marry simply because it was "expected by tradition" if that was not what he wanted. This would be especially true of a man who had seen the marital troubles of his siblings and other relations.

Albert and Charlene will continue to live their lives as they see fit, and I have no problem with that. I am sure if they decide to change the status of their relationship, one way or the other, they will let us all know.

Never underestimate the tenacity of a woman when there is a glittering prize at hand.
Lola Montez nearly brought down a government and a dynasty, the above lady does keep the sales of Hello magazine up though.

To keep the bloodline going and as a sign of respect and a good example! What happened to the good old-fashioned days:ermm:.

The succession is already assured so no fear of it dying out for at least another generation.
Who would this good example be set for? People who already make similar choices in their private lives. The Church has lost its moral high ground already. Fewer people are chosing a religious blessing for their marriages, and legally it is a civil service that is required not the optional religious one.
The 19th century is long gone, welcome to the 21st.

I think that people like to see a prince with a woman who shares his title as well as his private life. I don't know much about Albert and Charlene, but I do understand why there are people who would like to see them married. We are more secular than we used to be, granted; but there's something about marriage makes a relationship committed on a public level as well as on a private one. Human nature doesn't change, and marriage is recognized all over the world.

Enough. I have deleted some unnecessary posts.

Albert and Charlene are engaged.

Can we at least enjoy the day without the nastiness, I told you so, she isn't Grace, what about Caroline, etc.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Last edited:
They are a lovely couple. A lifetime of happiness to them. :flowers:

Zonk is right. This is a positive story - at last! And not just a fairy story, but REAL LIFE.

I, for one, would like it if we could avoid the PADLOCK being put on our conversations !

The forums are much more fun without bitching or similar.

And I suspect that many of us are finally released from the "Will he? won't he? see-saw.

Call me a hopeless romantic, but I am so very happy with this news. I had my reservations about Charlene, but she has won me over. Other than the bride, she was the most stunning female I saw at Princess Victoria's wedding...she already looks every inch a Princess.

And yes...I absolutely agree with the poster who said thank goodness the "will he, won't he" guessing game has ENDED!!

Absolutely, I feel this is great news. :flowers:
She looked stunning at Victoria's wedding and handled herself quite well.

Princess Grace, Prince Reiner and Monaco

Part One: Princess Grace did not put Monace on the Map. Prior to the 1st and 2nd World Wars Monaco was a Holiday Day Resort for the rich and famous and powerful including King George & Queen Mary of England, Germany's Kaiser and their royal group, King of Egypt, The Tsar & Tsarina of Russia and their families, king of Lybia, Italy, Greese, Romania, all the Grand Dukes & Duchess, Lest I forget The American Barrons. The Rockerfellas, Belmont, Vanderbilts, Andrew Carnegie, the Astors and many more I must mention the big time gamblers and also the crooks.
At dinner at the fabulas Hotes it was mandatory for women to wear evening gowns adorned with jewelries while the men were decked off in their evening attire. GLAMOUR & CLASS were in the superlative. Then came the First World War. When it was over the era of Silk Stocking, Corset and Fine Manners began to ebb. Kings and Queens were dethroned, Republic were formed The Tsar of Russia and his family were killed. Other kings were assasinated. The Roaring 20s & 30s were gone forever.As a new dawn came and countries including Monace were rebuilding. Hitler and the 2nd World War emerged and when this catastropy was over. Monaco like other countries turned the page to a New Chapter. Prince Reiner was young dashing and needed a wife that will bring BACK ATTENTION to Monaco (Marlyn Monroe )was suggested. Princess Grace was in the right place at the right time. Please stay tuned for Part 2

1. I'm not pro-monarchy, I live in the United States. I find monarchy interesting because we don't have any.

2. I don't enjoy following royals here on this site because I'm "dreaming about what I will never have". I follow royals here because it interests me and it's nice to have a place to talk about it with other people who are also interested in it. Yes, these people are fantastically wealthy and will never have to worry about paying bills or keeping a roof over their heads, but they also give up a lot in privacy and dealing with the paparazzi so in that respect....I don't want what they have. They are content to keep it.

Every now and then, we have to have someone come along and take a punch at royalty. If royalty doesn't interest a person, then why sign up here. Not everyone that is here, is here to fantasize about being a princess. For example, royalty is a political system that primarly made Western Civilization what it is today. Royalty is intersting from a cultural and historical perspective. Whenever I travel, I see villas, palaces, churches, etc. that were built by royals, knowing something about these families and the artists that they patronized helps one understand the art, architecture and history of a place.

Yes, it is the history of the past that makes them in the least bit interesting. They invented themselves, with the biggest sword and the most power. Their extravagant lifestyles are always an eye catcher. There were Emperors in China long before there were kings in the western culture, so we didn't invest this stuff.

:ROFLMAO:Riches, One's Position whether king, President or heir/heiress to wealth, do not always bring happiness. "Happiness is an elusive thing few men/women seem to find it."

I would agree that wealth does not lead to happiness. It can only free one from financial worries, but nothing more. Also, great wealth in itself is a huge responsibility to maintain, and therefore becomes work in itself. A life with no responsibility, because one has money, is a total fantasy, unfortunately.:sad:

Yes, it is the history of the past that makes them in the least bit interesting. They invented themselves, with the biggest sword and the most power. Their extravagant lifestyles are always an eye catcher. There were Emperors in China long before there were kings in the western culture, so we didn't invest this stuff.

Really, all of world history is a history of royalty only till we get to the period of the enlightenment. But I think we are going off on a tangent from this thread's original topic of PA and his bride to be.

That's because those were the people who might have been literate, as the clergy were. But you are right, wrong topic for this space.

google = the fashion spot charlene wittstock, lots of pictures there

I forgot which source it was but a lady spokesperson (perhaps for Le Figaro?) said that Charlene has prepared for this role as far back as 4 years ago? That statement makes it sound like Charlene was "prepped" or calculated the whole move to Monaco and snaring PA's heart. It makes it sound more like a job than falling in love with a person who happens to be a sovereign prince.

I remember reading Gwen Robyns biography, Princess Grace. Gwen said that Princess Grace had a very difficult first year as a new princess of Monaco. Grace knew some french but had to quickly learn palace protocol and study Monaco's traditions and customs. It was all foreign to her. It seems that Prince Albert was carefully preparing Charlene for her new role. This way, their first years together as man and wife would not be made more difficult by Charlene having to struggle with living in a new and different culture.

Being a princess is probably the most difficult job in the world.
Being a princess takes that amount of time, because it is a hard job, Albert was obviously thinking about her becoming his wife a long time ago, else why would she have this training?
Plus whoever this information came from, is probably just jumping on the engagement bandwagon and trying to get a story in there.

Let them be happy.

Princess Diana said that being the Princess of Wales was not unlike being the bride at every event she attended, so much attention was focused on her, so much was expected of her,no one would take their eyes off of her. One of her biographies quoted a friend as saying that after each engagement, Diana was completly exhaused, she had given so much of herself. I do not think that being a princess is easy at all. Not unless your father lost his crown and all you have left is a title.

Oh thank you for letting me know.
She must have converted before the engagement.
There is no confirmation of the conversion as far as I know ..... Pa said nothing of the sort.

Why are people losing their marbles over this engagement? People are coming up with rather funny rationale for something that's beyond their control. Here are a few points people are forgetting:

1. Albert and Albert alone can choose a bride
2. Since he cannot marry his own sister, she was bound to take back seat to his wife at some point
3. His mother is dead and not coming back no matter how beautiful she was

Statements such as: "She knew it this her only chance to survive" or "he's a man who doesn't seem to be brave enough to fight for a true love ( if he ever had one )" are not only reaching, but rather dramatic and presumptuous. I don't wish to prevent people from expressing their opinions, but with all due respect, a simple I don't like Charlene and will her give her a vote of no confidence would do. Apologies if I sound too preachy.:ohmy::sad:

I agree - Prince Albert would not enter into marriage if he was not in love. It is as simple as that. He has been with Charlene for about four years. He knows by now that she is right for him and for Monaco. And as for marrying his own sister - YYEECH. How can people say such things? (chimene was joking?) I am looking forward the wedding.

All of the above is exactly the reason I now think Albert was clever to "groom" Charlene for what is ahead, rather than just giving in to pressure and criticism to rush her to the altar.

She seems very poised and at ease with her future role, and after four or five years in the wings no one can say she doesn't know what she is getting in to!

All of the above is exactly the reason I now think Albert was clever to "groom" Charlene for what is ahead, rather than just giving in to pressure and criticism to rush her to the altar.

She seems very poised and at ease with her future role, and after four or five years in the wings no one can say she doesn't know what she is getting in to!
I think any person would be poised for the role of Princess when your clothes are layed out and all is done for you and you never have to think of work etc. except turning up to look pretty . Well how difficult is that?

No, that would be too simple. Charlene is clearly a gold digger who pressured poor Albert into proposing so she could be a princess. I mean, just look at them! No love between them at all -- they look photoshopped together. Clearly this was a mistake.

^^People actually believe that, sadly.

If she came from money, would she still be considered a gold digger? Just because a woman is from an ordinary background does not mean that she is scheming and conniving if she marries well. I would believe that Prince Albert is not nieve when it comes to gold digging women. There are enough of this type of women that flock to palaces and places like Monaco. No, I think that Prince Albert really is in love with Charlene.

Back
Top Bottom