The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
Pardon my ignorance but who is that? Karen Mulder?
No it is someone they invented collecting parts of the body in pix of women showing his tastes

Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's hope PA will not marry CW purely because of "type".

I'm sure she deserves better.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Let's hope PA will not marry CW purely because of "type".

I'm sure she deserves better.
I don't know if Charlene deserves better, but this relationship does not seem respectful one. Charlene knows she has been cheated on. There were pics showing Albert fondling the other woman on yacht in 2006, and other pics showing Charlene at Nice airport (also in 2006) looking at a cover of tabloid with PA and this yacht woman on it.
There were other reports and pics showing Albert's interest in other women and his cheating. I am sure Charlene is no blind so if she is fine with it, her expectations from relationships with men, and now with Albert, are rather low.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-08-2010, 04:42 AM
Serene Highness

Well, what do expect of a man who marries for the first time at 50? I don´t think she cares. She cares other things.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

The way I see it, there is no love between Albert and Charlene. Albert is marrying her to produce a legitimate heir and to shut people up..ALbert will cheat on her and she will be aware of it and she wont care......Charlene is fine with this as long as she gets to spend his money and have a royal title.

They both win.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post
The way I see it, there is no love between Albert and Charlene. Albert is marrying her to produce a legitimate heir and to shut people up..ALbert will cheat on her and she will be aware of it and she wont care......Charlene is fine with this as long as she gets to spend his money and have a royal title.

They both win.
This is more or less what i was going to say.
He knows he needs his own heir (you know, he has his nephews, but that's what they are, nephews, not sons) and needs to promote the image of Monaco in the most positive way he has. And that is, marrying the woman he has bring to the Principality's scene since a few years ago. This couple has made everything backwards: Charlene wasn't an official fiancée, but she made her appearences in Monaco's most important social events as if she was.
Finally Albert said: "what the hell, i'll marry her" but i don't think he does it for love. It doesn't look like it. At least in photos.
Yes, i've seen pics in where they look happy together, but i've seen more pics in where she looks sad. She looks sadder since she got engaged!
I think we all know we can't expect a couple like Victoria and Daniel, who really seem into each other and you can clearly see their love.
Here, Albert marries for the heir, Charlene for the status, despite the love or not love she may have for him. IMO.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Charlene is presently young and can bear the ignominy of Pa's"alleged" wandering eye but if this is indeed factual then in a couple of years it will begin to wear her down despite the plethora in materialistic things he will provide.When he was with his "yacht" girl I think he may have wanted out or was testing Charlene . This engagement has come like PA acquiesed. Because in the betrothal photo Charlene does not even vagulely smile.When she should be beaming from ear to ear.
I too have noticed that CW is " subtracted from reality "when she has appeared at certain functions and I do not know if she is "shy" or "sensitive" as Pa has been quoted in one of his interviews or just absorbing all that has happened.However I wish that all is well by the wedding.
Frankly likethe Greek royals this is another clan that cannot marry within their own community.Like another European? Truly I thought the lady Pa might chose would be more Meditteraen in physically and otherwise.Prehaps the clue or the the antidote to the Grimaldi'Curse" Is the fact fact that they always marry outside the community.
JMO
Old 09-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Jaya, I liked your analysis of the Monegasque status quo :-)

The vacant look could be due to a number of factors, e.g. dodgy contact lenses.

As to the engagement shot, the poor girl was probably terrified !!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I really don't understand why you all are so negative regarding Charlene.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I really don't understand why you all are so negative regarding Charlene.
I don't either... especially comments about her toughts, her intentions etc.... I really have liked her since the first pix in Turin, gazing adoringlingly in his eyes !
Old 09-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

Each will get a great deal love and support from the other - what more is there to marriage? It is not likely to be an exclusive relationship but that is how the story always goes. They just need to stick together!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Jaya, I liked your analysis of the Monegasque status quo :-)

The vacant look could be due to a number of factors, e.g. dodgy contact lenses.

As to the engagement shot, the poor girl was probably terrified !!
Thanks Renata, I am thinking that since that betrothal CW has hardly been glowing or ever smiled consistently as she got the man she wanted and he is more than many girls attain.Why would CW be terrified at the turning point she worked so hard for for four years?...Something here does not make sense.Frankly I do not think CW wears contacts.
Something is off but I do not know what and I hope we see the old CW smiling and strutting her stuff as usual soon.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I don't either... especially comments about her toughts, her intentions etc.... I really have liked her since the first pix in Turin, gazing adoringlingly in his eyes !
Do u think that the fact he was a billionaire may have one of tha many factors to do with it?If Pa had been the grocer's son back in SA do U feel CW would have had anything to do with him?Because let us face the age difference is quite big and wide.I would never have married a man almost twice my age no matter what.jmo
That gives a burden to CW to be Pa's nurse- they have generational gap-and by the time their child is twenty- he will be 73.......yikes my curtains are on fire!
I hope PA is as fit as Jack Lalanne so that he can juice his way to ninety!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Thanks Renata, I am thinking that since that betrothal CW has hardly been glowing or ever smiled consistently as she got the man she wanted and he is more than many girls attain.Why would CW be terrified at the turning point she worked so hard for for four years?...Something here does not make sense.Frankly I do not think CW wears contacts.
Something is off but I do not know what and I hope we see the old CW smiling and strutting her stuff as usual soon.
It could be something to do with the Grimaldi curse. Princess Grace hardly ever smiled when with Rainier. So maybe the Grimaldi curse showing its ugly head once again.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Serene Highness

I think Grace smiled often when with Rainer. CW, to contrary, is one the saddest royal fiances I've seen in the last few years. She and PA always seem bored together and like two strangers or if they are in better mood just like friends, but never like a couple. They are very weird couple.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I think Grace smiled often when with Rainer. CW, to contrary, is one the saddest royal fiances I've seen in the last few years. She and PA always seem bored together and like two strangers or if they are in better mood just like friends, but never like a couple. They are very weird couple.
Actually I have opposite opinion. Since engagement they look more relaxed, happy and comfortable with each other, especially Charlene looks much more confident. Their dance on Red Cross Ball in Monaco this year was lovely, they looked very affectionate.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

Albert and Charlene have a romantic relationship I can feel it Albert is very tender and caring towards his beautiful and fragile Princess and wants to protect her like a brave Knight Their love will get deeper when they have babies What a wonderful lovestory !
Old 09-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne83 View Post
Albert and Charlene have a romantic relationship I can feel it Albert is very tender and caring towards his beautiful and fragile Princess and wants to protect her like a brave Knight Their love will get deeper when they have babies What a wonderful lovestory !
Are you serious?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraHel View Post
Actually I have opposite opinion. Since engagement they look more relaxed, happy and comfortable with each other, especially Charlene looks much more confident. Their dance on Red Cross Ball in Monaco this year was lovely, they looked very affectionate.

Yes i have noticed this as well in the pictures from events the couple have attended since the annoucement - there seems to be a more relaxed and comfortable atmosphere around them and they are more at ease with the media now the marriage date has been finalised. The Red Cross ball and the Rock conert event really showed the affection between Albert and Charlene

Old 09-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Yes i have noticed this as well in the pictures from events the couple have attended since the annoucement - there seems to be a more relaxed and comfortable atmosphere around them and they are more at ease with the media now the marriage date has been finalised. The Red Cross ball and the Rock conert event really showed the affection between Albert and Charlene
Sheesh !
we do not need proof of affection or love. We need solid proof now that they are going to be a couple that is of consequence for Monaco and the world.So far they are mediocre.
Maybe Charlene can bake with her cake mix and hand held mixer and garden but she does not know that she has to criss cross the sections Armani had on the dress she wore to the Ball.Maybe she can put icing on the cake. I have a feeling we have the sadness of another Soraya here.That faraway look and the idea that everything like with Soraya is looks.I hope I am wrong.CW has a lack of enthusisasm at this point.The Shah also had two sisters I think Soraya was big on appearances and her beauty was always the myth.CW is always creating myth regarding her looks.Granted she is a sportswoman but I have yet to see her doing anything or even vaguley hearing plans about anything to come after marriage .
Leading up to the wedding what is the constructive and methodical system of things CW will do to become one and affect Monaco and the world?
CLoistered behind the walls of the palace for almost more than half another year she will go stagnate jmo imo www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esther_Williams where are you?
Wonder if as a tribute to swimmers because Esther was an OLympian I believe she might be invited to the wedding. That is if CW knows who she is as she is a bit before her time Certainly hope to see Celeste Holm there.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship