The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #721  
Old 05-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by atricia View Post
Apparently he has a new girl, and he will marry this one because he feel in love with her. He has been waiting to meet her.
I hope you are correct in this because he really needs an image change. I hope also that she will help to ground him and give him support to run this country because all I've seen since he took office, is Albert seemingly running away. I hope too that she is a secure individual and can deal with the many cats that want nothing but to bring her down with gossip - that being said, it is well known I am not a fan of his public girlfriend.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #722  
Old 05-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 191
who is the new girl

btw this might seem random ..but didnt grace set up prince charles and caroline in the 70's but it didnt go as planned...

why didnt she set up albert with anyone....was he too young? in college?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #723  
Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Wow just imagine taking the lady you amy call official companion and not your own flesh and blood as well who is actually a tiara in many ways..Do you suppose there would not be enough room on his private jet for Jaz?Bottom line that is his " daughter" What a fine opportunity to get out and about with her and Charlene I am certain would have been fine with it.Jaz is Monaco's resplendent tiara.I am certain the Swedes would not have had a problem with it.


Ditto hibou .. whatever u write I hope goes straight into God's ears.A lot of years wasted on just nothing. and tempus fugit. Let us hope for the best.


Grace set up Charles with caro and Charles said caro was annoying? because of course he was besotted with Camilla. Looking back however if that had come to transpire I think they would have created a powerful dynasty...because caro knew the ropes and was indeed strong and stronger than Mila. I am uncertain if Grace set up Pa with anyone - but it may have been coming.Do not know how she would have reacted to Charlene if at all.Let us see if this "new love" materializes and without much gets a ring on her finger.
The new love is educated, has style, caring, is confident without being arrogant and from what has been said, does not seek limelight.. People also now are accepting of a woman of colour. and PA had always maintained he had been waiting to fall in love. He will marry her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
who is the new girl

btw this might seem random ..but didnt grace set up prince charles and caroline in the 70's but it didnt go as planned...

why didnt she set up albert with anyone....was he too young? in college?
apparently she is a woman of colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I hope you are correct in this because he really needs an image change. I hope also that she will help to ground him and give him support to run this country because all I've seen since he took office, is Albert seemingly running away. I hope too that she is a secure individual and can deal with the many cats that want nothing but to bring her down with gossip - that being said, it is well known I am not a fan of his public girlfriend.
I am certain she would help him with an image change he desparately deserves. The new girl is said to be an elegant dresser. And if she is educated and intelligent as it has been said then she will support him in his role. I share the same sentiment with you, I hope she is a secure individual to deal with the gossip she might face. Regardless PA needs someone strong, who has lived and endured challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Wow just imagine taking the lady you amy call official companion and not your own flesh and blood as well who is actually a tiara in many ways..Do you suppose there would not be enough room on his private jet for Jaz?Bottom line that is his " daughter" What a fine opportunity to get out and about with her and Charlene I am certain would have been fine with it.Jaz is Monaco's resplendent tiara.I am certain the Swedes would not have had a problem with it.


Ditto hibou .. whatever u write I hope goes straight into God's ears.A lot of years wasted on just nothing. and tempus fugit. Let us hope for the best.


Grace set up Charles with caro and Charles said caro was annoying? because of course he was besotted with Camilla. Looking back however if that had come to transpire I think they would have created a powerful dynasty...because caro knew the ropes and was indeed strong and stronger than Mila. I am uncertain if Grace set up Pa with anyone - but it may have been coming.Do not know how she would have reacted to Charlene if at all.Let us see if this "new love" materializes and without much gets a ring on her finger.
If he loves the new girl regardless of her colour, background then I believe God has ordained this. It also means PA has accepted the new girl as she is and so should everyone else afterall we have been waiting for him to marry. If this is his choice, we will respect that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #724  
Old 05-09-2010, 10:36 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,350
We do not have any official information about any new partners,
so let us please stop these speculations untill we know it for sure!

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #725  
Old 05-09-2010, 03:57 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,350
Please note: the whole argument of tonight that was going on
between several members concerning the supposed new love has
been deleted as it only revolved around the question of speculation
and sources. Let us please stay on topic and focus on more reliable
facts. If things change, we'll see!
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #726  
Old 05-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Charlene is the one thats been invited.
It is possible that she has been invited of her own accord, as a friend of the Princess not as Prince Alberts date. Just like Eva Sannum attended the norwegian wedding as a friend of Mette-Marit.



No they are not on the list. Thats quite puzzling, because it's not like they have only chosen 2 members of each royal house to attend. There are 11 members of the Danish royal family attending, 6 members of the Norwegian one.
The same here. I also find this very strange that Caro or Steph are not invited but Charlene is. How come they invited her? She is not even a royal fiance and contrary to Eva Sannum who at least was friends with Swedish royals, Charlene only connection to royals is her unspecified relation with Albert.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #727  
Old 05-10-2010, 04:54 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
The same here. I also find this very strange that Caro or Steph are not invited but Charlene is. How come they invited her? She is not even a royal fiance and contrary to Eva Sannum who at least was friends with Swedish royals, Charlene only connection to royals is her unspecified relation with Albert.
Eva was friends with the Norwegian royals.
And it is quite possible that Charlene is friends with Victoria, they have met on numerous occasion.
I can understand why Stephanie has not been invited, and I can understand that Caroline would turn down an invite, but to not be given one at all is odd IMO.
They have invited her because they obviously want her at the wedding.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #728  
Old 05-10-2010, 07:30 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by atricia View Post
Actually Albert owes Charlene nothing. If she chooses to stay its on her own accord.
That is exactly what I was saying, but also that Charlene will try (and already has IMO) to paint the idea that Albert owes her now--she is using all the exposure and media that Albert has allowed her to evoke some kind of public sympathy for herself? I don't think too many would have much pity for her whatever her ploy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Eva was friends with the Norwegian royals.
And it is quite possible that Charlene is "friends" with Victoria, they have met on numerous occasion.
I can understand why Stephanie has not been invited, and I can understand that Caroline would turn down an invite, but to not be given one at all is odd IMO.
They have invited her because they obviously want her at the wedding.
I seriously doubt this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #729  
Old 05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Sandsla when you say wrestle a title out of a European Prince I sense that U have not lived in Europe to understand how the working of the structure of the Houses of Gotha and the aristocracy stand. I am not certain even if Monaco is included.Knowing how Europe works at the "royal" level; let me say that PA will not be wrestled by anyone and CW can appear with him until hell freezes over at any function ; in the end it is PA's veto that will prevail; and the proof is that they are not married yet and he does not really owe her a marriage if he does not want to commit. It is as simple as that Because on the other side of this argument is that he did not take CW hostage and neither did she take Pa hostage to owe her a marriage because of her tenure.It is ludicrous and I think slightly dangerous to attempt to insinuate that CW might extort a marriage from Pa in any way shape or form. We saw what happened with
Gisele Pascal did we not?But we also
saw what happened with Grace Kelly.Monaco is about gambling ; it is about the aleatory aspects of existence in many ways.I do not think a person like Pa has regrets because U are assuming that he thinks like U or I and he doesn't.
The mundane part of life is not something he has to deal with and with his power he functions at another level a second circumstance.If U think Albert is anybody's victim think again.
When U say CW has little regard for her own experience in Olympianism how do you know?What has she done to exemplify this? How might we be sure?
I do not know why the suing of the magazines regarding the "girlfriend " matter happened at all.I do not know the rationale and to speculate would be a loss of time as one cannot read CW's mind easily either.
As for the protocol yes I do think that some other courts might consider it declasse as I have said before that CW is not an official member of the Grimaldis- yest attends; but then again Albert has made it clear over the last number of years that things be done on an unequivocal basis to suit him.
PA obviously has unconventional ideas and slightly iconoclastic.
When you deal with a force like PA it is an all or nothing situation.Expect to win and expect to lose as well.The aleatory and trust are two of the main words here I would use to describe the situation.
Entrusted with Monaco's legacy Albert is doing things to propell it into the future and he is not looking back.
Seriously? You can not see from my post here or my many previous posts here what I'm saying? I agree with you!!! I do not think Charlene is owed a thing or that she sould be able to barter a title? You have had to have read some of my posts through the years? In reference to Charlene, I said "trying" I'm saying yes it is "a tactic" that Charlene has been "trying" all along even here on these forums and yes I do not think Charlene is above trying to maneuver or extort a position at least in in her own silly head? This surprises you? It's not like a few other women didn't attempt it? Charlene has had the benefit to see how it worked out for them, but since Albert has given her a high profile for a long while, and he has already been through it a few times, she would be in a much better place than her predecessors? Charlene just thought she wouldn't have to resort to it, but Charlene had a lot of confidence in herself and her abilities, she didn't count on it being so hard to pull off. I'm sure there are a few posters here that would agree with me ? I really can't believe that people here do not see through these silly transparent posts of her's and all the manipulation, where she even tries to enlist people here to do her bidding? At times it looks like she is even successful?Sometime Jaya I have wondered if she has you on her hook? And yes Jaya I have lived in Europe where a Royal Family is still very much in place. Not Canada or Greece of course?

As far as Charlene having very much regard for her own experience as an Olympian for her country? Showing up at the Olympics in another countries official delegates uniform tells me she doesn't? In Turin as a previous Olympic Athlete, in attendance with another Olympic Athlete and current IOC member, when asked about how she was enjoying the Olympics in Turin, she replied it was a great place for lovers! . I think she was more interested in letting the world know that she was the lover of Prince Albert than actually being interested in the sports there? The pictures taken then seem to echo that? That hasn 't changed, Jaya take a look at her face book page and see the story she is trying to tell there and where she devotes most of her attention. There are so many things one could say here? It doesn't matter because I think she realizes she's milked her "2000" 5th place relay win as much as could already, and biting the hand that fed her in interviews during that time probably didn't help her case any either, even if she was genuinely interested in her sport, but her actions speak for themselves. I think it is no secret to anyone where her interest has always been, which is really too bad since it is the one thing that she has actually done herself that she should be proud of?

Jaya, her mind is pretty easy to read but also having the benefit of her posts on so many forums and her quips in the press, she pretty much takes any guess work out of what she is all about? I just hope Albert association with her doesn't come back to haunt him too much, for his sake and for Monaco's.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #730  
Old 05-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I seriously doubt this?
Why? It's certainly a possible.
I have missed your essay posts.
Can i just ask, can you sum up your view in Charlene in like a sentence or two? Reading all your posts have tired me out.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #731  
Old 05-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,196
A couple of quick points regarding the Charlene and Albert Relationship thread:

1) Its time to move on from the Charlene bashing. You certainly have the right to like or dislike Charlene for whatever reason, but why are we still talking about things that happened years ago as if they happened yesterday?
2) All the speculative posts about the "new woman" have been and will continued to be deleted without notice.

If anyone has any questions regarding speculation and the Royal Forums, I would like to remind you of the following TRF rules:
  • Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
  • Threads and posts that violate the rules will be deleted or edited. However, the real-time nature of the board means that moderators may not see the offending posts immediately. We reserve the right to delete or edit posts without notice at any time after they are posted.
and Finally:
  • It is mandatory to comply with instructions posted by the moderators and administrators. Complaints about moderator actions should not be made in the threads; instead, send a private message to the moderator concerned or an administrator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or an administrator; do not repost deleted material or interfere with moderator edits.
If anyone has any questions, please contact any of the Monaco mods and/or TRF administrators via Private Message.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #732  
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 PM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 676
Thank you Zonk for stepping. I have been so tired of all the bashing toward Charlene and other Royal Ladies that I have not been posting comments in some of the threads for a while now. Why would we want to bash these women when most of us just know them by what we see and read either in this forum, other message boards, newspapers, magazines. I firmly believe if things are happening around me but don't affect me why get upset, to each his won.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #733  
Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Eva was friends with the Norwegian royals.
And it is quite possible that Charlene is friends with Victoria, they have met on numerous occasion.
I can understand why Stephanie has not been invited, and I can understand that Caroline would turn down an invite, but to not be given one at all is odd IMO.
They have invited her because they obviously want her at the wedding.
Ops, what I was thinking... I wanted to write Eva knew Norwegian not Swedish royals.
I also saw pic of Charlene greeting Victoria at least twice, at summer and winter Olympics.
But I don't think they are friends. I dislike idea that Charlene would be invited not only because I don't like her but first of all it is against protocol.
OK, maybe my expectations about royals are too fairy tale. But if we have to blame anyone here, we should blame Albert. If CW is invited at the wedding it is only because Albert wanted it.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #734  
Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
Do you think CW was invite for PR stunt.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #735  
Old 05-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Ops, what I was thinking... I wanted to write Eva knew Norwegian not Swedish royals.
I also saw pic of Charlene greeting Victoria at least twice, at summer and winter Olympics.
But I don't think they are friends. I dislike idea that Charlene would be invited not only because I don't like her but first of all it is against protocol.
OK, maybe my expectations about royals are too fairy tale. But if we have to blame anyone here, we should blame Albert. If CW is invited at the wedding it is only because Albert wanted it.
Lakshmi, i don't see those photos when Charlene greeted Princess Victoria at Olimpycs. Could you post them? Thanks in advance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #736  
Old 05-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
I agree with Lakshmi - Charlene is going to the wedding because PA wants her there.

So what's the problem ?????
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #737  
Old 05-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,196
Frankly, I think a lot of people no longer visit the Monaco threads as it pertains to Albert and Charlene because of the bashing. As I said before, its okay that you don't like him or her. And its okay to talk about it. But the I can't stand Charlene because she is worst than a street walker, she is a user, Albert is a user, she did this in 2001, and this in 2005, and twice she did this in 2008 is getting a little tiresome.

Albert and Charlene are grown adults who know the score.

Renata471....The problem is that some people can't get over the fact that Albert and Charlene are in a relationship that isn't defined by what other people think.

And frankly, this Victoria wedding discussion is over the top as well. I hardly think that CW was invited as a PR stunt? Who needs the publicity? Victoria? Albert?

For whatever reason, the Swedish court decided to invite Charlene to the wedding. Perhaps Victoria and/or Daniel have met Charlene in the past. Or perhaps, they realize that Albert is dating someone (they have to be living in Articic not to know) and they decided that anyone dating someone for such a long time should be invited as their guest. Its the norm to invite single people and their signigicant others (if they have been dating for a while) to weddings is it not?

In regards to Caroline and Stephanie, I am sure the both the Monaco and Swedish courts put the feelers out regarding their attendance at Victoria's wedding. Lets face it...its not like the norm for Stephanie to attend the royal wedding of someone else. And in regards to Caroline, considering her marital situation...why would she want to go to a wedding with everone talking and asking about Ernst? Perhaps she wants the spotlight to be on the bride and thinks her presence could be a distraction.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #738  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,041
We can only assume Charlene will be invited to the wedding because no invitation list is available. Only the goverments invitations to the event the day prior to the wedding has been released.

I would assume that for such a very official and formal event as a crown princess wedding that the court would inquire with the Monaco court about whether Charlene should be officially invited (assuming she will be). One would presumably not send an invitation and Albert not considering it proper or not inviting her and he not attending because of a preceived slight against her.

In the end we just will have to see who attends.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #739  
Old 05-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
At a royal wedding or any other wedding, the limelight has to be on the happy couple, and only them.

Could I suggest a moratorium on the speculation about whether CW and/or PA turn up at the wedding or not?

There is a lot of - often very thoughtful, even profound - discussion, and I enjoy most of it.

Many of us, I'm sure, love meeting on the Monaco Forum and engaging in interesting debate, but just occasionally we seem to get carried away on a particular thread, and things become a bit stressful.

Let's keep things light and have fun discussing our friends, the Grimaldis.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #740  
Old 05-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Not going to happen, it's obvious she doesn't want to be in the royal limelight. Makes sense for Charlene to attend this event.
We do not know if she wants to be in the limelight or not. It would have been up to her dad just as it was when Charlene got the invite.Give me five reasons Pa cannot fit his daughter/sister/ nephew/niece/ in to this event and can fit CW in?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo Retrospective of the Grimaldi Family - Part VI tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 394 10-09-2013 07:50 PM
Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany and Princess Helena of Waldeck-Pyrmont - 1882 Warren Historical Royal Weddings 5 01-29-2013 04:10 PM
General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012 iceflower Prince Albert and Princess Charlene 843 03-01-2012 03:38 AM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012 iceflower Current Events Archive 740 03-01-2012 03:23 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]