The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco wedding will be covered by French channels and ZDF, and that's it. Then, i guess we'll be able to watch on youtube (if they have an own account) or Monaco Info en Ligne.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I don't know if tv monde is named in Canada TVA, tv monde is a channel which boardcast all the emissions in french of Belgium, Schweiz, and so, this channel will boardcast the wedding, but you tube will also boardcast the wedding as it made for the wedding of Prince William
I catch TV5 is this it? Cause if it is then I have the channel
TV5 Québec Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Courtier

I haven't been excited about this wedding so far, but now that it's getting closer, I'm starting to anticipate....
Old 05-22-2011, 05:06 AM
Gentry

Albert and Charlene's wedding invitation: Albert & Charlene: So sieht ihre Hochzeitseinladung aus! - BUNTE
Old 05-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

BUNTE is a bit behind - the invitation card has been on the "Mariage Princier" website of Monaco Matin for at least a week.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo (OPMC) will be playing a part in the Mariage Princier, first at the Nuptial Mass, then at the Opéra.

Sadly, Yakov Kreizberg wasn't to be part of this (he died earlier), but the baton has been passed on to Roberto Abbado, the nephew of Claudio Abbado. So all is well...
Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Monaco wedding will be covered by French channels and ZDF, and that's it. Then, i guess we'll be able to watch on youtube (if they have an own account) or Monaco Info en Ligne.
I cannot speak German ,but I found ZDF on my list of TV channels.Where is the information that ZDF will cover the ceremony?
Old 05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Here you can find some information on the channel's website (the usual google translation didn't work,
but you can copy and paste single parts):

** Das royale Superjahr im ZDF **

The exact time for the live broadcast will be released next month.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Mariage Princier: 24th May, 2011:

Jean-Michel Jarre (62) arrived on Monday to check out the details for the "méga concert" on July 1st.

"PA has given me a free hand" - "Le prince Albert m'a donné carte blanche"

Jean-Michel Jarre: "Le prince Albert m'a donné carte blanche" | Nice-Matin
Old 05-25-2011, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Mariage Princier: 25th May, 2011:

The chef de cuisine is..... Alain Ducasse !!
He's the only chef to hold 19 Michelin stars throughout his career.
He is also a naturalised citizen of Monaco....

Alain Ducasse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wedding guests will be dining on the Terrasse de l'Opéra.

Mariage princier : Ducasse aux fourneaux, les invités terrasse de l'Opéra | monacomatin.com

PA has made sure that mediterranean products are used, and especially those from his property at Roc Agel (or Rocagel?).
Old 05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the dets. I knew PA would be very thoughtful of the economy and do all he could to help boost it. And that is how it should be.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Mariage Princier: 25th May, 2011:

The chef de cuisine is..... Alain Ducasse !!
He's the only chef to hold 19 Michelin stars throughout his career.
He is also a naturalised citizen of Monaco....

Alain Ducasse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wedding guests will be dining on the Terrasse de l'Opéra.

Mariage princier : Ducasse aux fourneaux, les invités terrasse de l'Opéra | monacomatin.com

PA has made sure that mediterranean products are used, and especially those from his property at Roc Agel (or Rocagel?).
ALAIN DUCASSE??! Yummy...what lucky wedding guests those are going to be...they are in for a treat!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Mariage princier, Thursday 26th May 2011:

The princely Champagne will be supplied by the firm Perrier-Jouet Belle Epoque.
Apparently, the Principality has had "historic relations" with this vineyard since since 1811. Queen Victoria also gave the firm the seal of approval since 1861, and so did the Swedish and Belgian Courts, as well as the Empress of Russia.

Perrier-Jouët - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Champagne Perrier-Jouët 1811 - 2011 ! Belle Epoque, Vintage, Rosé, Brut - PJ

Perrier-Jouët fera pétiller les réceptions des jeunes époux | Nice-Matin
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Lol, maybe Dita Von Teese can do her famous champagne number: http://s233686003.onlinehome.fr/images/dita5.jpg

Personally, I am against any type of alcohol, I don't drink nor have I ever drank. It's against my ethics. But I do hear that a glass of wine every now and again is good for the heart, and health: 6 Reasons Why a Little Glass of Wine Each Day May Do You Good
Old 05-27-2011, 03:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I think we may have to allow PA and CW to have a glass or two of that incredibly expensive bubby on their wedding day !!

But Dita von Teese would look good on the dining table, with or without champagne :-))

Mariage Princier, Friday 27th May:
Apparently there are now TWO ranges of souvenirs in the shops.... one from the Manufacture de Porcelaine de Monaco....... and the other slightly less posh, available from the usual souvenir shops.

The upmarket version retails at 270 euro per plate. The director of the firm states that the collection "will enable customers to re-live the wedding in their own homes".....
Old 05-27-2011, 04:25 AM
Courtier

Omgosh, thanks for the heads up, Renata4711!

I LOVE the charms, especially this one: Monaco Wedding Collection : Grey golden Charm 18 carats Limited edition - Ligne Mariage Princier
Old 05-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Courtier

What language will they use in this wedding? Is it entirely in French? Since Prince Albert often speaks English too, is there any possibility that English will be used at certain point?
Old 05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Monseigneur Barsi will certainly conduct the religious ceremony in French, and possibly partly in Latin.....

The civil ceremony will be conducted by Philippe Narmino (the registrar) in French, though I suppose it's possible that some English might be used in the latter event.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

The Roman Catholic Mass in French:

Ordinaire de la messe en français

This is the stuff that CW will have to make some sense of, before the religious ceremony !!
Old 05-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Poor Charlene. I doubt she will understand a word he is saying! Whatever the rights or wrongs of it Albert should be helping her more with her French.

Closed Thread