The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes I think you're right it is inevitable that the focus will be on these two as it is their first official trip abroad. However, everyone loves a wedding and the legacy of Princess Grace still manages to attract interest so we can only hope it is a slow news week otherwise. On the bright side there will be plenty of Royal stories in our magazines.
Of course you are right. But I can't help being just a tad bit annoyed with St James's Palace or Buckingham Palace or whoever planned this trip to coincide with the wedding that I really want to see most!

It's not like they didn't know ahead of time that PA's wedding would be in early July 2011 because it was announced at the end of the summer or 2010.

Ah well. I will just hope for the best.....

On the bright side I like BOTH couples so I will get to see two big Royal events...it's a sort of win-win for me!

Old 05-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

First you need to complain to the Canadian PM who extended the invitation as soon as William's engagement was announced. Then you have to complain to the Foreign Office who control official visits by members of the Royal Family. Then you can complain the TRH's Private Secretary for having left this window of opportunity in their calendar to allow visits to Canada and California.
I seriously doubt any of the above took any consideration about events outside of the UK, Canada and California when planning the trip.
I am sure their first official overseas trip will garner lots of attention in Hello and other like magazines but most likely they will also devote some attention to the wedding in Monaco. Everyone loves a wedding after all and Monaco is still a glamorous setting which will produce great pics for the glossy magazines.

Even without the Cambridge trip the Monaco wedding was never going to receive the same blanket global press coverage as the London wedding but it will receive its fair share none the less.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Back on topic:

Regards music for the wedding, I would absolutely love it if somehow, someway, Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman were able to perform the following classic piece of music, synonymous with lovers, my favorite:

Lyrics: Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli -- Time to say goodbye

A&P's performance based on Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss": http://www.art-wallpaper.org/art/the...iss1024768.jpg
Old 05-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Since there are going to be many members of the Olympic Committee going to PA's wedding, it's possible that Princess Anne and her husband will go.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Curious on twitter it says that the date has been changed again is this true?
Quote:
phildampier

#royalwedding Alarm bells ringing for Prince Albert July wedding Dates changed, no invites yet, row over TV rights Not sure he wants to wed!

8 May
Don't want to start anything just curious.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

The offilcial dates of the wedding is july 1 and 2, there are not date changing,the people of Monaco received already their invitation for july1, the cards of invitation are sent for a while, the flags which will decore the all principauty are already, there was a report on the fabrik which made these flags ' they are 600' and we saw the dates on the fflags it is mariage princier 1 and 2 juillet 2011. in english july1and 2th.ish, principaly wedding. the concert of Jean Michel Jarre is on 1 july and yesterday, the director of the press center said there were 1500 photographs who are asking for the accreditation for 1 and 2 july. This article of Eringer made laugh all the principauty. For those, who are living in the principauty and near the principauty they are seing all the preparation of the wedding, the palace is repeint and last week as I went to visit my mother, we made shopping and and my aunts and my uncle we are going up to see the palace, we cannot see the entry of the palace, it is hidden , we could not see the inside of the court of honor.Stephan Bern the report who will make the report on live of the wedding gave us details of the wedding day(he belongs to the team of the communication pof the palace)
Old 05-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Commoner

Maybe they refer to the article "Alarm bells for Albert's wedding":

Monaco | Search | The Sunday Times

So on twitter are rumors that he doesn't want to get wed too?? Interesting.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Melina, why do you feel so compelled to "stick up" for PA and CW at every opportunity ? Are you related to the Prince ??
Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Melina, why do you feel so compelled to "stick up" for PA and CW at every opportunity ? Are you related to the Prince ??
Perhaps because she gets irritated by the nonsensical tabloid stories that get passed around! At least Melina is prepared to pass along some more factual information to balance out some of the trash. She should be thanked for that.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaritaII. View Post
Maybe they refer to the article "Alarm bells for Albert's wedding":

Monaco | Search | The Sunday Times

So on twitter are rumors that he doesn't want to get wed too?? Interesting.

Ha, ha Albie...too late now!

As a famous Royal fiancee was told years ago...YOUR FACE IS ON THE TEA TOWELS!!

I seriously doubt that PA is second guessing his decision to get married. ITA with melina-premiere...the speculation alone is simply ridiculous.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Could be that article. Thanks for clearing it up though Melina! I was worried things got switched up again. Happy to hear everything is on schedule. Very excited!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Are you friend of Charlene?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Apparently not. Personally, I find the idea of a civil ceremony and a religious ceremony cumbersome. Why not have "one stop shopping". Especially when there are state churches in Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
You can't just get married in a church?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Majesty

albert and charlenne are according to times newspaper holding a party in durban, south africa, some days later after the wedding in monaco in luxury hotel The Oyster Box Hotel, Umhlanga, South Africa | The Oyster Box Hotel, Umhlanga, South Africa
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm neither, Sofiero. I get pleasure from the interchange of ideas, propositions, musings.... and I don't take the whole process very seriously. It's better that way.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Since there are going to be many members of the Olympic Committee going to PA's wedding, it's possible that Princess Anne and her husband will go.

I loved reading your post because I totally forgot about Princess Anne and her extensive background with equestrianism, even competing at the 1976 Summer Olympic Games, but more importantly being the President of the British Olympic Association! And that fits in nicely with Prince Albert being the President of the Monaco Olympic Committee. :)

On that basis alone I think it would be apropos and lovely if she and her husband were able to attend.

By that same token, I think it would be equally lovely to have Athina Onassis and her husband, Doda, attend as well, based on the fact that Doda is a two-time Olympic Medalist in equestrianism, as well his wife is a friend of Charlotte Casiraghi, both touring together on the Global Champions Tour. Not to mention Prince Albert was Honorary President of the Jumping International de Monte Carlo until his niece, Charlotte, took over this past year, and who will also now be editor of GCT's new magazine. :) And to go even farther back, Athina's grandfather, Aristotle Onassis, attended Rainier & Grace's wedding back in 1956, and even gave them a yaht as a wedding present!

How wonderful if the aforementioned people were invited to the wedding, I can't wait untilt the official list comes out.

ps: regarding music, I've been having a pleasureable time finding little bits and pieces I think would be lovely to have at the wedding, like Debussy's classic "Reverie":

Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco-Matin reports that BONO will not be able to attend the wedding.
Bono ne viendra pas au mariage princier | Nice-Matin
Old 05-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Scratch Athina & hubby attending, as I just now noticed that the Global Champions Tour, of which Athina is the official patroness, will be competing that weekend: Events - Global Champions Tour

Ah, I really wanted to see her, as I recall her as a little girl, now she's all grown up!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Will she be wearing a tiara?The only member of that family ive seen to wear a tiara is Caroline.Grace didnt wear on one her wedding day.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Scratch Athina & hubby attending, as I just now noticed that the Global Champions Tour, of which Athina is the official patroness, will be competing that weekend: Events - Global Champions Tour

Ah, I really wanted to see her, as I recall her as a little girl, now she's all grown up!
I am not sure why Athina and Doda would attend...they appear in Monaco to assist at equestrian events, and I know Athina and Charlotte are casual acquaintances.

But are they friendly with Albert and Charlene?

Closed Thread