Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lenora, you've put it in the right place :)

A very useful contribution - thanks !

The Eagles Concert on June 31st is FREE to Monegasques, residents, commuters, and people living close to Monaco's borders.

But that hasn't stopped certain people from selling their tickets.
Some are touting them for 40 or 50 euros.

The Sûreté Publique is investigating....

Le concert des Eagles... à vendre ! | Nice-Matin

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Charlene been given any jewellery from Albert? I am not sure how much the House of Monaco has in its own right .... or does it all belong to Caroline? I am so looking forward to seeing the dress, and all the other Royal Guests.

P.S. Please can anyone advise why threads are being LOCKED as I wanted to post a comment in the swimming section and it is LOCKED?

In my opinion I thought the couple looked great in the recent pictures. Albert does seem to have lost some weight too!

Angie, I've seen the word CLOSED against threads/forums.
But I haven't come across "Locked"...

The thread is opened, trying to do a cleanup and its quite difficult when opened.

Alain Perceval and Stéphane Loisy have issued a book on PA and CW, entitled:

Albert II et Charlène: deux destins, une histoire d'amour

The writer from Monaco Télécom has described the book as "informatif sans être rébarbatif"

The authors had the foresight to run the book past Thierry Lacoste, PA's lawyer, and Stéphane Bern also had a look at it.

Albert II et Charlène : deux destins, une histoire d

Thanks everyone for the CLOSED threads explanation.

Back to Alain Ducasse, the culinary Mastermind for The Wedding:

There will be wines from South Africa on the menu !!

And a word from the grand chef de cuisine:

"Monaco m'a donné la visibilité mondiale que j'ai aujourd'hui" - Monaco has given me the worldwide visibility I have today.

Wow...President Sarko/Bling will add an air of gravitas to the whole thing...or won't he??

Does anyone know what happened to Princess Grace's Wedding Dress? Is it now in a Museum?

I think she donated it to the Phillidelphia Art Museum. They only bring it out every 5 years because it is made of 150 year old Belgian lace.

Update:

The following link sheds more light on ALL the Grimaldi Tiaras, along with some wonderful pics and info. :) ENJOY! :heart: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Monaco

Now I honestly don't know what she'll wear or what jewels, if any, she will be outfitted in. And I find I like it like that, there should be an air of mystery, just as when Cinderella entered the ballroom and time stood still for a moment, an awe-inspiring moment...

Like this (the part at the very end):

YouTube - ‪Ever After Trailer (Good Quality)‬‏

Personally, I hope that PA has commissioned a tiara for Charlene as a wedding gift... It's a new era for Monaco, and it would be a very romantic gesture, IMO. :)

Nicholas Sarkozy (or "Sarko") had better be at the wedding.
France and Monaco still have the strongest of ties, politically and otherwise.

And if Sarko attends, then I bet that Carla will, too.

I've just "imported" a part of the "Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part Ten" thread. Page 35.

It's about two Attendants for Charlene: Donatella Knecht de Massy (PA's cousin), and Isabell Kristensen (clothes designer).

Oh wow...what would I do without you folks...thanks so much for posting these videos and these tidbits of info...CW looks wonderful here and so does PA!!

The interviewer - Isabelle Kumar from Euronews - was one of the better ones, I think...

Mariage princier - Carnet de félicitations - Monaco Matin - #1
Best wishes from "Sea Shepherd France / SOS Grand Bleu" and its Captain Paul Watson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...Je suis niçoise (I'm from Nice) .....mais monégu de coeur (but Monegasque by heart)

Je me souviens du mariage de vos parents, j'avais 9 ans.
(I remember your parents' wedding, I was nine. Daghe Munegu !

Monsieur et Mademoiselle, je vous souhaite un beau mariage et beaucoup de bonheur.
Une grandmère de France.

wedding televised in USA?

Hi. Forgive me for being late to the party, but is this wedding go to be aired in the states or only online? thanks :flowers:

We don't know yet but it will be on the Monaco government site.

Nadine, thank you for your two recent posts - really helpful & a wonderful link. I just can't make up my mind what I think Charlene will wear for both the wedding & pre-wedding gala. A small part of me thinks we may see a new tiara somewhere in the mix.

Nadine, thank you for your two recent posts - really helpful & a wonderful link. I just can't make up my mind what I think Charlene will wear for both the wedding & pre-wedding gala. A small part of me thinks we may see a new tiara somewhere in the mix.
According to Bunte she is going to wear one of the Grimaldi tiaras at her wedding. If the pre-wedding gala will be a tiara event, I'll be over the moon. But the fact that most of the Grimaldi tiaras are currently at an exhibition in far away Brazil doesn't bode well. Why can't the press find out a bit more about the dress code ;)?

I think she donated it to the Phillidelphia Art Museum. They only bring it out every 5 years because it is made of 150 year old Belgian lace.

Actually it was Grace's mother who donated it.
But you are correct that they only display it every few years to prevent deterioration.

I saw it several years ago, along with a dress worn by a bridesmaid and flower-girl.
The dresses were lovely; (the bridesmaid dress was pale yellow). :flowers:

:previous:The dress was in Monaco for the recent exhibition at the Grimaldi Forum, but it returned to Philadelphia before the exhibition came to London. It had been previously restored.
Link to an interesting article about the restoration of the wedding veil.
( sorry moderators if it's a bit off topic!)
Philadelphia museum

Mariage princier - The Wedding Flowers

The great-grandfather of Christian Carlesi-Sorasio did the flowers in 1905. The grandfather did the flowers for Rainier and Grace in 1956.
Now it's Christian's turn to fulfil the order for the Monaco wedding flowers of 2011.

The Prothea and the Casablanca Lily are flowers from South Africa.

A total of 12,000 flowers will be used.

But nobody knows the composition of the bridal bouquet...

12 000 protheas, pivoines et roses... pour les noces | Nice-Matin

http://whois.domaintools.com/sorasio.mc

Le Figaro - Madame Figaro - Mon fleuriste
http://madame.lefigaro.fr/feminin/a-monaco-091210-21826

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom