The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

I think Cour d'honneur would be a great place to put a tent over and have the dinner! Maybe though they'll have the ceremony there followed by a garden party for all the guests and then only important guests will be invited to a dinner at the palace. The Cour d'honneur is such a beautiful place it really doesn't matter what they use it for!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

to day, french newspapers say that the weedding of prince Albert and Charlene will be shown at the TV. the organizers of the palace have make a production team which will propose reports and interviews on the weedding to the medias, This team is composed by"realisateur Jerome Revon, a reporter Stephane Gateau and Stephane Bern specializing on royal peaple, this team has a patron
Madame Sthal, advizor of the palace.The broadcast rights will be inverse to the found Prince Albert and the future found Of Charlene. This team will also control photos and images of weedding (civil and religious). You can see the link on the facebook fans of Charlene Wittstock, there are also reports on this news on the web, but they are in french. I hope that you have understand my bad english

Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Don't worry, you have written it very good
I so would like to watch it on TV but i guess that in Argentina nobody will care about it. Maybe i will watch it online? perhaps?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Heir Apparent

As usual, "expert" Stephane Bern will get his face in all the media :-)

The advisor is Christiane Stahl, the Palace employee who has recently published a biography of PA.
Christiane stahl - Google Search
Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a question: remember when Grace got married to Rainier, she was the one waiting at the altar, not him, i believe because she was the commoner and something else that has to do with protocol. Will happen the same with Albert and Charlene?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I have a question: remember when Grace got married to Rainier, she was the one waiting at the altar, not him, i believe because she was the commoner and something else that has to do with protocol. Will happen the same with Albert and Charlene?
I REALLY REALLY HOPE NOT!! That's the one thing that still urks me about that wedding, it looked so tacky, It's never been done before at any other royal wedding that I know of.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
It was always said that it was according to the Protocol in Monaco. So if it's still the case this will also happen next year.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's not forget that the Rainier & Grace marriage took place in the post-War early Fifties, when the most important person at that wedding was ..... not a man or a woman - but the Head of State of Monaco.

How much more refreshing the wedding of Victoria and Daniel who met each other halfway - now that's a nice compromise for PA and CW to copy !!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, so i guess we can expect anything. I would like to see him waiting at the altar, not viceversa, but oh well, we'll see.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, the Prince waits for no one...what's the matter with that? Why must everything be the same for everyone? From reading posts, it seems most feel that PA and Charlene are not a "love" match anyway and that she is somewhat inferior and won't have the skills to engage her duties, but everyone wants to turn it into the fairytale wedding of the 21st century. I'm baffled.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Uh? I, (i can only speak for me) don't want to turn it into a fairy tale, i was just asking what will happen. It would be "weird" (i can't find another word, sorry) because we are get used to see the man waiting at the altar and the woman arriving by the side of her father. But whatever, as i said, we'll see what happen here...
Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice-Matin is already speculating about hotel rooms:

Mariage princier à Monaco: les chambres d'hôtel vont être prises d'assaut | nicematin.com

Will there be enough room for the wedding guests, journalists, fans of princely ceremonies..... the 2535 rooms in the principality will be snapped up - or not?

The management of the Fairmont, Monaco's largest hotel, points out that nobody has booked a room for the event.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The lunch/dinner should not be a big problem, seeing as there are something like 230 rooms in the Palais. If it's going to be a slightly unusual afair, then a finger buffet would be sufficient. No doubt the guests will be well fed the evening before, and later again after the wedding ceremony.
Hi Renata,
It is called the "wedding breakfast" because it is the first meal of the married life the couple is having together.I hope that wedding cake as layers and layers of and tires and tiers to be cut with a sword.
The night before I think the Griamldis usually hold a grand reception.. with a sit down dinner... and dancing as was done at Caro's first marriage.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

I really hope the Palace booked rooms for all the guests or it would be a major embarrassment to not have enough rooms for the Royals that come.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I REALLY REALLY HOPE NOT!! That's the one thing that still urks me about that wedding, it looked so tacky, It's never been done before at any other royal wedding that I know of.
Why is it tacky?PA is the Head of State and CW is the commoner marrying into his famly and dynasty- this is continental Europe not Britain.. where they bend for courtliness..............and she has waited for five years another couple of seconds is nothing.
Besides why not look at it this way- CW steals the show by entering first.
I wonder if she will follow any superstitions that brides around the world do? Willl they be given the sacrament as Grace and Rainier were?
Will CW throw her bouquet or place it on the statue of St. Devote?
Will they ride in an open car as Grace and Rainier did or will they just go straight to the reception?Who has been assigned as photographer?
What jewels will Pa bestow on CW?
Is CW having any bridesmaids?
Who is making CW's trousseau ? Does anybody know what it will consist of as we did of Grace's?
Will U all allow me to go and interview them?
Old 10-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It isn't just the UK where it works like that, I have never seen a wedding where the Bride is waiting for the groom, that's stupid.
CW steals the show if she arrives last to her wedding, Albert should be waiting for his Princess.
That's a lot of questions that we don't have the answers to and probably won't until at least next year, or even the wedding day.
As for you interviewing them, feel free.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

It seems to me the difference lies with whether or not the groom is a reigning sovereign or not. Prince Charles was waiting at the altar for Diana but he was not the king. I wonder if he had been king would Diana have entered first? The same could be said for Prince Albert. Had he married when his father was still alive would he have waited for his bride at the altar. Since this will be held in the courtyard, I wonder if both will enter from the sides and meet each other in the center? Or will Charlene enter from the side and wait for Albert to walk down the aisle - that will look awkward. Should be interesting.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Well they are having a civil ceremony before the wedding, what to stop them from walking down the aisle together?

Old 10-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Grace walked in with her father and Mr. Kelly was told he had to sit down due to protocal and then Rainier came in. It should be the same this time unless Albert changes it.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Well they are having a civil ceremony before the wedding, what to stop them from walking down the aisle together?
Wouldn't surprise me at all and seems to be an admirable solution and fitting for modern times. Even for the 50's I think it looked odd for Grace to wait for Rainier. Probably a local custom. Fabiola and Baudouin arrived together after the civil ceremony, and Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia also arrived together.

Closed Thread