The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness

The Huffington Post article was a hatchett job. We have seen video of Charlene in S. Africa (on this blog) and she was very relaxed.

Love your remarks Kitty.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Moonmaiden Thanks for the warning about the Kardashians :-))

And these .... eh .... persons are actually coming to the wedding ??

Old 06-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The Kardashians are group of voluptuous young women...all sisters. One has a sex tape. They have a reality TV show. They are the daughters of the late Robert Kardashian, who was on OJ Simpson's "Dream Team" of lawyers when he was on trial for murdering his ex-wife Nicole in the 90's.

They date/have dated a variety of jocks.

They are all very pretty....in a flashy, trashy way. Much like the Hilton sisters Nicky and Paris, they are famous for being famous. They are literally every where you look here in America, there is no escaping them.

Get down on your knees tonight and thank your Heavenly Father that you apparently have not been exposed to them enough to know who they are.

Be of good cheer- this too shall pass away!
In five years, People magazine will be asking "Whatever happened to...?"

But meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them manages to wangle an invitation to the wedding. If Naomi Campbell can do it, with her notorious temper tantrums, who knows who else will show up? Doesn't bode well for a beautiful elegant event.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Presumably they would have to show their tickets or invitations, surely?

Would the Palace not have vetted everyone ?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Excellent article of a serious news paper. These are the sort of things should be published, and not all the Paris Match sugary things they write...

Kardashians can attend. This wedding is going to be an extravaganza, they would totally fit. Surprising they don't have Lady Gaga to perform for them...
Old 06-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

My only concern for this wedding is that the North American tour of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will overshadow the festivities. All other aspects of Prince Albert & Charlene's relationship, who's attending and any other drama I can ignore. I wish them a long and happy marriage; that rest is up to them.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Serene Highness

I think it was rather rude of the British Royal Family to book the tour around the time of the wedding, knowing that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attract a lot of attention they could have been courteous and let Albert and Charlene have their own moment! The wedding date was marked and booked long before, the tour was, why they decided to overlap the two, really beats me!!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Facebook - The Civil Wedding - in English, French and Italian

Le Mariage de Monaco (officiel) - Monaco Wedding (official) | Facebook
Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

the wedding engagement was annouced in june. w&k's engagement announcement was in november. i think that it is too late. w&k's wedding and royal duties after their marriage overshadow a&c's wedding since the beggining...since w&k's announcement, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
I agree. Years ago, I was asked to write an article for a trade magazine. I wrote the article, but when it was published the publisher added three paragraphs to the article - which were factually incorrect. I had to write letters to a more than a dozen leaders in the industry indicating that the incorrect statements were not mine. I refused to write for publishers after that.

The media (text, internet, videa or radio) can pervert anything you say. They don't always do that - but they do it often enough to make me wary when consuming what the media says. The Russians are correct - "trust, but verify".
that's true. i know that there's some people in the media that do anything to sell issues of their newspapers or mags, or just to make publicity creating lots of noise. in this particular case, both pa & cw(or at least the mrh) accepted the interviews. it is fair to those reporters to have their questions asked. not only what the mrh wants. a good and respectable reporter won't do false articles. so, let them do the work, or, don't accept the interview. that's a matter of choice. A&C'S CHOICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Excellent article of a serious news paper. These are the sort of things should be published, and not all the Paris Match sugary things they write...

totally agree with you. i couldn't say it better

Kardashians can attend. This wedding is going to be an extravaganza, they would totally fit. Surprising they don't have Lady Gaga to perform for them...
whoa, is this a wedding, or a circus????
Old 06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I think it was rather rude of the British Royal Family to book the tour around the time of the wedding, knowing that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attract a lot of attention they could have been courteous and let Albert and Charlene have their own moment! The wedding date was marked and booked long before, the tour was, why they decided to overlap the two, really beats me!!
What? The Duke and Duchess have to wait for Prince Albert to marry Charlene so they can do their duties? You have to be kidding...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

w&k doesn't have to makes their lives and their work around a&c...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
What? The Duke and Duchess have to wait for Prince Albert to marry Charlene so they can do their duties? You have to be kidding...
No I'm not kidding, they aren't doing any duties now, and they won't be doing any duties after the tour so why make it at the same time as the wedding? The British Royal Family has no courtesy towards other royals, they think they are the only royals. No other royals undertook official tours during Crown Princess Victoria's wedding last year, did they? And it's not like the Duke and Duchess have a very busy schedule, they don't do much anyway, in the way of royal duties...
Old 06-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
Actually, the tour have been plan a year in advance, the Prime Minister of Canada just extended the invitation to Catherine after William and Catherine got engage. And why shouldn't they go to Canada during Canada day?

The British Family have to be invited to do an official tour of the commonwealth countries. The schedule is decided by the British Government, Canadian Government and the foreign press office.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93

No I'm not kidding, they aren't doing any duties now, and they won't be doing any duties after the tour so why make it at the same time as the wedding? The British Royal Family has no courtesy towards other royals, they think they are the only royals. No other royals undertook official tours during Crown Princess Victoria's wedding last year, did they? And it's not like the Duke and Duchess have a very busy schedule, they don't do much anyway, in the way of royal duties...
Well, if that's how you feel. Whatever. I don't think that an official trip by Will & Kate has anything to do with what goes on in Monaco. The press interested in the wedding will cover the wedding, irregardless of what else is going on and irregardless of how they get the stories, be it covered personally or by purchasing photos/stories from photo agencies and newswires.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a good job Will and Kate had set their wedding day.

It took Albert three times to get his wedding date right !!

Now that's what I would call being impolite to his guests.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Nobility

Additional details of the Lexus that is going to transport the newly weds to Saint Devote :

A carriage fit for a modern princess - IOL Tonight | IOL.co.za

And may I add this one too,it's a report about Benoni,former hometown of CW.

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/benoni-...ales-1.1088294

the transformation of the palace courtyard:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....18596&comments
Old 06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
It's a good job Will and Kate had set their wedding day.

It took Albert three times to get his wedding date right !!

Now that's what I would call being impolite to his guests.
Not a problem, as the guest list hadn't been compiled yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Additional details of the Lexus that is going to transport the newly weds to Saint Devote :

A carriage fit for a modern princess - IOL Tonight | IOL.co.za ...
Love the car, great engineering for a great looking, transparent, yet safe vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Well, if that's how you feel. Whatever. I don't think that an official trip by Will & Kate has anything to do with what goes on in Monaco. The press interested in the wedding will cover the wedding, irregardless of what else is going on and irregardless of how they get the stories, be it covered personally or by purchasing photos/stories from photo agencies and newswires.
As I have stated before, I am glad W&C won't be attending the Monaco wedding. I want A&C to have their day without someone else's spectacle.
Over on Sartorial Splendor, it is mentioned that one of Albert's wedding gifts to Charlene is (or may be, can't remember) a new tiara. Hummmm.........
Old 06-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Nobility

I hope it is alright if I copy pasted the order/details of the Civil Wedding Ceremony over here:

Dans une semaine

4 pm : Monegasque and their families assemble in the Palace Square.

5 pm : Celebration of the civil wedding of H.S.H. Prince Albert II and Miss Charlene Wittstock by His
Excellency Mr Philippe Narmino, President of the State Council and Registrar of the Sovereign Family, in
the Throne Room of the Prince’s Palace.
The marriage certificate is placed on a marble table used only on special occasions. It is then recorded in a civil
register belonging to the Sovereign Family which is kept at the Palace.
The marriage certificate is filled in by hand by a calligrapher.
The doors of the Throne Room remain open in acknowledgement of the public (in the legal sense of the term)
nature of this moment, a couple united in the presence of all.
When Miss Charlene Wittstock stands and H.E. Mr Philippe Narmino pronounces the phrase “I now pronounce
you husband and wife”, Miss Charlene Wittstock will enter into the Grimaldi family and will become Princess
of Monaco.

6.00 pm : The Brass Band plays the Formal March, “Princess Charlene's Anthem” composed in homage to the Princess.
As they start to play, the window of the Salon des Glaces will open and the monogram, “AC” will appear on all
the screens in the Palace Square.
H.S.H. Prince Albert II and the Princess Charlene appear at the Palace window.

Kitty,have you seen the courtyard?...fascinating ,non?
Old 06-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I just got a lump in my throat reading that.

I watched it just now...tented just like the ancient Flavian Amphitheatre! I am so envious of the guests!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:44 PM

I will be stuck to the TV 2 days in a row. Don´t know if this is a good thing
The Eagles concert, can I see this on the net?

Closed Thread