The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I was just going to post those pictures in her pics' thread.
She really, i mean really, does not look like her at all in those Tatler pics. She was heavily photoshopped, and with and style that reminds of...tadah! Grace Kelly!
I prefer her like she was in this last international festival of Monte Carlo, it's a more suitable style for her. Totally. This looks like a bad copy of Grace, wich paparazzi don't understand that is not nice to see her like Grace 2.0, she should be herself, like in the International Festival pics, she looked really nice there.
I agree with you. I think it was one of my first posts on this board and it was shortly after the engagement, when I said that she looks like a bad Grace Kelly copy. The third picture in the link here, where she is wearing the white dress, is just ridiculous. I only wonder---who wants her to be the copy of icon Grace? Charlene herself or Albert? And by the way, the last picture is so much photoshopped, it is pathetic. I'm sorry (for the girl, too).

Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Another pic: Café Bellini: A Princess wears white

Old 11-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Aristocracy

Kate (Catherine and Charlene in the New Era

Dearest Katrianna:
I will disagree, in due course the icons (Grace and Diana ) will fade away, Grace's generation are retiring and expiring so will Diana's hence this era shall have passed. The people of this century (Charlene and Catherine) will create their own style. It seems as though Marlyn Monroe,President John Kennedy and Elvis Presley names were not allowed to move to the oblivion. Then came Michael Jackson. Due to the economic probllems that the world is facing now these names are being forgotion by the public. Major events are overriding these popular names.

Charlene and Catherine and their generation will create a system. The past two centuries saw Elenor Roosevelt. Lady Astor, the Vanderbelt ladies, lady Randolph Churchill and many more women who made their mark on the world including Queen Consort Alexandra. Not forgetting Queen Victoria whose name has left a Heading and Footnote. I do hope that I will still be alive to see the new dawn of Queen Catherine and the First Princess/First Lady of Monaco how they will light up this era.

We are turning to a new Chapter.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

Charlene pics in Tatler are horrible. IMO. Her face is so photo-shopped that it looks like a mask. Charlene is not even pretty in nature, rather masculine and rough but those pics made her even worse.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
Dearest Katrianna:
I will disagree, in due course the icons (Grace and Diana ) will fade away, Grace's generation are retiring and expiring so will Diana's hence this era shall have passed. The people of this century (Charlene and Catherine) will create their own style. It seems as though Marlyn Monroe,President John Kennedy and Elvis Presley names were not allowed to move to the oblivion. Then came Michael Jackson. Due to the economic probllems that the world is facing now these names are being forgotion by the public. Major events are overriding these popular names.

Charlene and Catherine and their generation will create a system. The past two centuries saw Elenor Roosevelt. Lady Astor, the Vanderbelt ladies, lady Randolph Churchill and many more women who made their mark on the world including Queen Consort Alexandra. Not forgetting Queen Victoria whose name has left a Heading and Footnote. I do hope that I will still be alive to see the new dawn of Queen Catherine and the First Princess/First Lady of Monaco how they will light up this era.

We are turning to a new Chapter.
When you are into revisionism you are not turning a chapter.You have derived something- not even original from immortals like Diana and Grace and Audrey and thought you actually had an impact. Well guess what?The impact from Charlene and Catherine has been minimal.
Charlene looked great at the National Day in her Armani Privee suit and smashing hat but she will be tested time and again.Catherine was ok in demure jersey betrothal dress.These two have a long way to go before they ever join the ranks of the immortals like Diana and Grace whose impact was immediate and made us all dreamtaken.
I have to disagree on this one. Charlene has had to work on her image and maintain it at that level.Agreed she was exceptional at the National Day but will Cw sustain that?
No one can erase Diana and Grace because of any era's dawning or chapters turning.
Time alone will prove if Catherine and Charlene will leave the kind of mark the aforementioned ladies did and still do.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Honestly Charlene does not has to be smart. Good PR can do wonders. She may have very staged interview with prepared q & a. Many royals do that. I began to believe there are too many people involved in this wedding preparation, everyone has own ideas but really nobody is in charge: total chaos.

Pics of Charlene in Tatler are the worst professional pics of any royal I have seen for a long time. She appears cheap, her poses are horrible and outfits seem tacky although they are very expensive. Do we know the name of this horrible stylist?
I totally blame the stylist, advisors, PR people, etc...I remember a magazine photo shoot done just prior to the engagement announcement, Charlene was in a hotel and posed in expensive jewels, clothes right in front of a bed?? Why?? Who is advising her??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
If coffee shops and shoe stores are her idea of modernity I think she should let Albert to all the work. I had a pretty positive opinion of Charlene until this interview came out, and I still don't dislike her and I wish her nothing but the best -but my goodness I was disappointed for everyone by this. She just said so many things that you *don't* say in public and certainly not to an elitist society mag. For example, if after all this time she has only 2 real friends in Monaco I think that might say more about her than it does about them. Alot of royal brides have faved major difficulties (feuding family members, political tensions, religious bigotry etc) and you did not hear any of them mention their complaints in public. It is just something you don't do. After reading through it I wanted to ask her if she wanted any cheese with her whine.

You have a point. The only time I am willing to listen to someone complain is if I am offering a shoulder to cry upon.
Robert Eringer said in his blog that' "two friends in Monaco is a lot."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
I can only hope she has been badly misquoted by this reporter (stranger things have happened).
Advice to her PR people, have the next interview done by a friend, and the palace edits the content themselves.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

ah, you are listening Robert Eringer, he is aman who for us is not serious, he had a battle of justice Albert, I know why so many people of USA are again Pkrince Albert
Old 12-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
ah, you are listening Robert Eringer, he is aman who for us is not serious, he had a battle of justice Albert, I know why so many people of USA are again Pkrince Albert
Some of the people in the USA who post here didn't like Albert long before the Eringer thing. Mention Prince Albert and you better say Monaco and son of Grace Kelly or they may think you are talking about Queen Victorias husband. Mention Eringer it would be whose that? With Grace gone the USA lost their star and interest. It was replaced by Diana and her sons who still have the spot light and will bump Monaco every time.

All the Tabloids have Kate on the cover including right after the engagement. Its Kate they are talking about and her dress on TV shows not Charlene and not Albert. Clearly the Monaco wedding won't be the wedding of the Century which their PR is pushing.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Courtier

I'm from the USA and I like Albert and Charlene I don't think many here care about royalty. And to be honest Albert isn't that interesting his sisters actually got me started with royalty.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to say in defense of PA etc. that "The Wedding" seems to be publicised in a fairly low key manner.

It's the tabloids which are pushing the issue.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
Pics of Charlene in Tatler are the worst professional pics of any royal I have seen for a long time. She appears cheap, her poses are horrible and outfits seem tacky although they are very expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones
If coffee shops and shoe stores are her idea of modernity I think she should let Albert to all the work. I had a pretty positive opinion of Charlene until this interview came out, and I still don't dislike her and I wish her nothing but the best -but my goodness I was disappointed for everyone by this. She just said so many things that you *don't* say in public and certainly not to an elitist society mag. For example, if after all this time she has only 2 real friends in Monaco I think that might say more about her than it does about them. Alot of royal brides have faved major difficulties (feuding family members, political tensions, religious bigotry etc) and you did not hear any of them mention their complaints in public. It is just something you don't do. After reading through it I wanted to ask her if she wanted any cheese with her whine.

Agree with both posts 100%!!!

The question remains, who advises Charlene or is this how she wants to be seen? Naive and clueless comes to my mind when I look at these pictures.

I get more and more the impression that Alberts first and foremost interest was putting all these bachelor and heir discussions at rest. I dont believe a second Charlene is - in all honesty - "The One".
Old 12-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

2010 Photo shoot Pics
Old 12-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking back to "the" photos, I could cry - because of the way CW is being marketed, packaged, rendered almost unrecognisable.

What is being fabricated is not a princess, but a stranger.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Agree with both posts 100%!!!

The question remains, who advises Charlene or is this how she wants to be seen? Naive and clueless comes to my mind when I look at these pictures.

I get more and more the impression that Alberts first and foremost interest was putting all these bachelor and heir discussions at rest. I dont believe a second Charlene is - in all honesty - "The One".
Albert himself doesn't know if she is the One. Which means that she actually is not the One. You just know when you have found the One. Albert hasn't.
He said it in PPDA interview and in other i don't remember well now.
As for Charlene...no comments.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Looking back to "the" photos, I could cry - because of the way CW is being marketed, packaged, rendered almost unrecognisable.

What is being fabricated is not a princess, but a stranger.
Renata do U suppose that CW should know better?
I think they attempted to transform her for the photography into a vamp and she is not one to begin with so it backfired.
Leave CW to her own devices.
Cw always lands on her feet when left to do so.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

I think that since Prince Albert's father and mother died the princaplity is not the same. It doesn't have that charm/respectablity that it once had. I don't even think Prince Albert likes governing. His sisters don't look well, he doesn't look well, Charlene doesn't look like herself, Princess Caroline's husband his making a mockery out of her. I think they all need help.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
I think that since Prince Albert's father and mother died the princaplity is not the same. It doesn't have that charm/respectablity that it once had. I don't even think Prince Albert likes governing. His sisters don't look well, he doesn't look well, Charlene doesn't look like herself, Princess Caroline's husband his making a mockery out of her. I think they all need help.
Hi Christine,
I do agree in part with what you are saying but Rainier and Grace were legendary figures that left their mark in time and history.They both identified with the ideal and the highest common denominators in all things.Monaco certainly is in a time of transition that needs to take a definite form again.
As for anybody needing help; I think that is a bit stretched.I think intermittently we all look unwell... there are pressures they are dealing with that the ordinary person does not have.Charlene looks fine.
Stephanie is doing fabulously and Caro's popularity goes through the roof..
All is good with the principality.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
2010 Photo shoot Pics
I like those photos.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with Lady Mac. I am from the Bahamas, and the only wedding that people mention- when they talk of one is William and Kate. We only see William and Kate on T.V. shows and on the magazines. Some people do not know who Prince Albert is.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course if you compare Monaco and UK.....besides William is Diana's son

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene