Engagement of Prince Albert II to Miss Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to them both, and congratulations.

There have been a few mean comments in these pages about Prince Albert and his weight. But who are we to judge anybody by their looks? And why should a prince have to look like a Calvin Klein model? Is it only good-looking, thin and young people who get to live 'happy ever after'? No!

i've always thought Prince Albert looked like a pleasant person, and the few interviews i've seen on TV he seems a nice guy. Charlene seems a bit reserved, but that doesn't mean they're not happy.

all the best to them (and it give Sophie Wessex a chance to wear the aquamarine tiara at this next royal wedding!)

I think it's a sad day for Monaco. No Charlene is not Grace and never will be. She is a piece of work, not a work in progress. She has no class, no education, no style (sorry Armani but you can dress them up but you can't take them out - except if you are Albert). All I can say is she brings nothing to the table. Albert has a penchant for Vegas and now he's going to marry it. E

How can you say this? All any of us know about this young woman is from photographs. Do all of the photographs ever taken about any of us convey exactly what we were thinking or feeling in that very moment? No!! Charlene is certainly not the most inexperienced person to marry an heir/regeant and I think she deserves a chance. There is a very visible difference in her confidence presentation and speech over the past 6 years and that has all occurred under a great deal of pressure.

How would you feel if you were about to start a new job and someone sent a memo about you saying the very things you said about Charlene? :bang:

I have read this forum for just over 4 years and decided to join this weekend after Princess Victoria's amazing wedding. Part of the reason I joined was because I was frustrated at how so many people changed their opinions about Prince Daniel- most explaining that seeing HIM for the first time made them understand their relationship. Why are we not willing to give these people a chance?

I think many on this thread are being close minded, judgmental, irrational and unfair. Wouldn't we be better off reserving our evaluation of Charlene as a Princess until she has actually been one for a year?

How can you say this? All any of us know about this young woman is from photographs. Do all of the photographs ever taken about any of us convey exactly what we were thinking or feeling in that very moment? No!! Charlene is certainly not the most inexperienced person to marry an heir/regeant and I think she deserves a chance. There is a very visible difference in her confidence presentation and speech over the past 6 years and that has all occurred under a great deal of pressure.

I think many on this thread are being close minded, judgmental, irrational and unfair. Wouldn't we be better off reserving our evaluation of Charlene as a Princess until she has actually been one for a year?

Amen Sister! I can't imagine how some of these people treat others in their personal life. I have been watching royal weddings for awhile now. There are always people with their end of the world scenarios and then the wedding day comes and they are singing a different tune.

It is kind of ironic that the people that are kicking down Charlene b/c "she will never be Princess Grace" are saying the same mean things that were also said about Princess Grace. Many people initially thought Grace was not good enough to be a princess. She showed them!

Some of you don't know these people from Adam, yet you're all but dooming their marriage and accusing her of being a gold-digging social climber who doesn't love him and wants to be a carbon copy of his mother.

All that from a picture or two. Amazing. If you're this judgmental of complete strangers, I shudder to think how you treat people you actually know.

It is kind of ironic that the people that are kicking down Charlene b/c "she will never be Princess Grace" are saying the same mean things that were first said about Princess Grace. Many people initially thought Grace was not good enough to be a princess. She showed them!

Agreed gardenia8. Princess Grace sure showed the world what a princess should be.:flowers:

That's because Grace was one hell of an actress. That and she came from a very wealthy, privileged background and a lot of her movie roles were playing wealthy, privileged women. It wasn't much of a stretch to go from playing one to being one.

I like Princess Grace. Charlene does not need to be Princess Grace. Kate Middleton does need to be like Princess Diana. Both princessess were unique individuals. So are Charlene and Kate. Let us not forget that during many years in their marriages Princess Grace & Princess Diana were not very happy. So in a way I hope that Charlene & Kate can navigate a different path. I have watched a couple of documenatries about Pss. Grace and she had a very difficult time. It wasn't always joy and happiness. A lot of it was pretend or an act of being happy.

I like Princess Grace. Charlene does not need to be Princess Grace. Kate Middleton does need to be like Princess Diana. Both princessess were unique individuals. So are Charlene and Kate. Let us not forget that during many years in their marriages Princess Grace & Princess Diana were not very happy. So in a way I hope that Charlene & Kate can navigate a different path.
But the press would let them be. They will be compared to their mother-in-laws. Both Princess Grace and Diana, Princess of Wales are icons and the press knows anything to do with them sells.

I have watched a couple of documenatries about Pss. Grace and she had a very difficult time. It wasn't always joy and happiness. A lot of it was pretend or an act of being happy.
Princess Grace had a difficult time at the beginning in Monaco. She acted the role of being happy princess because she did not want to disappoint. Princess Grace felt she always had to prove she was a princess because she was not born one. She had to do other creative activities instead of acting which was a part of her because the people of Monaco didn't want their Princess to act in movies. Her marriage was hard because of Prince Rainer's mood, but by their 25th anniversary they had a understanding with each other. Yes there is not fairy tales.:ermm:

potato potatoe! I'm looking forward for another Royal Wedding

Something tells me Albert and Charlene may not make it to the altar...or it will be a really, really long engagement...:unsure:

Hopefully the bride will muster a smile for her wedding.

Are they engaged I get mixed messages here? Or is this all just chit-chat don't see it in world new?

Just watch and see. Something is fishy about this enaged

Why do you think this?
Maybe Albert really loves her and decided that he's ready to make that leap into marriage.
Do you think Charlene forced him or something?

Are they engaged I get mixed messages here? Or is this all just chit-chat don't see it in world new?

No they're really engaged, but some posters ae saying that theres more to it, like there's something fishy going on.

I'm not going read too much into their engagement. This is their engagement for crying out loud! These two people are probably very much in love. I would hate to get engaged and have people saying things like "theres something fishy or wrong with this engagement", that would break my heart. So I can't understand why people can't just be happy for the couple.
I refuse to pass judgement on them and I think everyone should do the same.

I'm so glad they are getting married. I was hoping (as with Will's and Kate) that there would be a sign of Albert's love and that Charlene would be his chosen one for life. It's been a long courtship, and it gives me great joy to finally see Albert proposing and declaring his love to Charlene Wittstock. She's very attractive and from constantly following the Royals in this great forum, I find Charlene to be strong, perceptive, faithful, and maybe sensitive. She seems a great candidate to fill the role as Monaco's leading lady and I'm sure she will. I hope Albert sees the love that is there and goes with it towards a championing of it. And so he has. Congratulations your Highness. You and she deserve the World. Make us all proud. :monacoflag:

That's really a big surprise here. Just after the big wedding of Victoria and daniel, another big wedding is coming yet, I think they have planned their engagement because the timing is such perfect, not to steal the atttention of V&D.

In this article there is an interesting statement:
Monaco's Prince Albert bids adieu to bachelorhood | NewsOK.com

"Now it's a question of involvement and engagement in her new role. We'll see how she does," Pringle said. "She really wanted the job."

It is in the last paragraph. Colombe Pringle writes for Point de Vue. What is more interesting the same statement by Pringle was cited at yahoo!news and at MSN news, but now they are deleted.:ermm:

Omg, I just saw the email in my inbox and immediately came here! :)

So so HAPPY ~ love is in the air ~ literally! I'm still on a high from Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's wedding to Prince Daniel. At least once a day I have to play his speech to Victoria, as well as certain moments at the concert, and of course the wedding itself. *smile*

Lol, this is the most I have ever posted despite being a member for 6 years, and reading the board at least once a week religiously. And now I have egg on my face from posting to Princess Diana's Royal Wedding thread last week, wherein I stated something to the effect that such a fairytale wedding only happens once in a lifetime, though I was crossing my fingers & hoping with all my heart that it would happen again during my lifetime. And tada it did happen again with Victoria & Daniel! *cheers*

It seems too good to be true, now it's Albert & Charlene's turn!!!!! I'm so excited ~ Princess Diana, Princess Caroline (& her daughter), and Crown Princess Victoria have always been my favorites, the ones I try to keep track of ~ and now Princess Caroline's brother is getting married. Ah, I was just remarking to my eldest sister this past weekend how much Prince Albert has impressed me with his jovial laid-back attitude at the concert to Victoria & Daniel, and how he seemed so kind & friendly, which reminded me of his father Prince Rainier. And the look on Miss Wittstock's face when Victoria was saying her vows to Daniel was exquisite. Couldn't be happier, couldn't be happier...

Now I have to find out all I can on Miss Wittstock ~ her age, her background, siblings?, et al ~ the only thing I know is that she's been with Albert for a few years and she was an Olympic swimmer.

I'm dying to know what part Caroline's children will play in the wedding? Alexandra perhaps a flower girl? Charlotte a bridesmaid? And of course Stephanie's little one perhaps a flower girl as well? I'm soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cheers everyone* :)

To answer my own question(s) some 12 hrs. later, lol, here's what I found thus far: :)

Charlene (born in January 1978) has two younger brothers ~ Gareth, born 1979; Sean, born 1983 ~ and is the daughter of Michael & Lynette Wittstock (born in 1957). And her great-grandfather, God-dear Wittstock, emigrated from Hamburg to South Africa in 1861. Here is the link: Translation result for http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlene_Wittstock

***Note: to see a picture of Gareth, go here:*** Famous pictures

And while browsing around I found a couple of gorgeous pictures of Caroline, Albert, and Alexandra posing on the Royal Palace Balcony today! Obviously celebrating the official engagement of Prince Albert to Miss Charlene Wittstock. Here is the fabulous link: Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

Oh, it's soooo good to see the entire family celebrating this wonderful event, just lovely. Can't wait to see them all together at the wedding. *smile*

p.s. Albert has always impressed me with the kindness, compassion, and love he shows toward his sister Stephanie, his many nieces & nephews, and his big sister Caroline. I loved how he was by his niece Charlotte's side when she gave her first television interview last July. :) Charlene's a very lucky young lady ~ CONGRATS! :)

Nadine, thanx for balcony pics. I love to see Albert with Caroline and especially Alexandra. It make sense that they are at balcony because of engagement. But where is Charlene? It is strange. Would it be expected to see a fiance at balcony along with family on her engagement day?
I did not expect balcony pics, because there were no media reports about any ceremony (again really weird), but now seeing some family members and especially PA but not Charlene, it is even weirder.

In this article there is an interesting statement:
Monaco's Prince Albert bids adieu to bachelorhood | NewsOK.com

"Now it's a question of involvement and engagement in her new role. We'll see how she does," Pringle said. "She really wanted the job."
It is in the last paragraph. Colombe Pringle writes for Point de Vue. What is more interesting the same statement by Pringle was cited at yahoo!news and at MSN news, but now they are deleted.:ermm:

This is what it is for her, a job. She wouldn´t have "looked" a man who doubles her age, if he were not a prince.

Ops. I just read more carefully captions under pics posted by Nadine. It says that Albert, Caro and Alexandra are posing at balcony because of celebration of St. Jean day.:blush:

I don't know about that. Some older men are very attractive without being princes.:ermm:

This is what it is for her, a job. She wouldn´t have "looked" a man who doubles her age, if he were not a prince.

That's ridiculous, imo.
You have no idea how Charlene feels about the Prince.
But I don't think she is so heartless to just look at him for a job.

In an interview with the french newspaper Nice Matin, prince Albert says that the wedding will be next summer!

After almost 28 years Moanco gets a new Princess, Her Serene Higness The Princess Charlene of Monaco... I'm very happy for Prince Albert and Charlene and I wish them all the best for a long and happy life together! And yes Charlene will be compared to Princess Grace, but I hope that everyone who does so will remember how unique Princess Grace was and that there will never, never be another Princess Grace! And that it's now Charlene's turn to shine... When I watched Charlene at the wedding of Victoria and Daniel I thought Oh my God, she IS the new Princess of Monaco! And here we are just a few days later... Princess Grace will never be forgotten and will live on in the hearts of all those who love her, but this is the dawn of a new era for Monaco. I don't think we will have to wait all that long for the wedding, the Grimaldi's are not known for their long engagements...

Nadine, thank you for posting the balcony photos. I LOVE to see Caroline smiling and happy...her entire face lights up! Far from being mopey and withdrawn over her marital woes, she seems rejuvenated back in Monaco.

The Monegasques seem excited and pleased with the news of the engagement!

Many congratulations to the couple, and best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom