The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
^You are right, i totally forgot Victoria and Daniel with this!
So, i ad to my previous post: we'll get to see the entire family, Albert getting married, and Victoria and Daniel first high profile event!...
I sincerely don't know if i'm happier than Charlene herself at this moment
I know it won't be as high profile, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Victoria and Daniel attended Prince Nikolaos of Greece's wedding in August/September. I'm quite sure all three Swedish royal children attended Prince Pavlos' and Princess Alexia's weddings.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

this is great news! there's is a saying which says that "a wedding issues from another wedding" - the attendance of charlene to victoria's wedding certainly was a sign!
now we have another wedding to look forward to :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

I hope she wonīt perfrom every duty as a first lady. I still prefer Caroline. Monaco would be less attractive with this woman, who seems to have no personality. Always trying hard to look like Grace, how sad.
I dont believe at all she is in love. Probably in love with the principality.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

I guess I'm a cynic, but I do not believe that Charlene was in love with Albert.
She fell in love with the opportunity to become a princess, he needed official heir - that's met two of loneliness (figuratively speaking).
Remembering the photos of Albert on the beach, its puffy body and his stomach - I do not believe that a woman is 30 years couldn't find a better partner for life.
Money, social status, photographers, designers, better fashion house in the world, luxury life - I think that Charlene believing in this but not in love

This is my opinion and I hope that I am wrong in this
Old 06-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

^^ maybe yu beleive that she believes that money will some how bring happiness and somehow she will love him forever ?
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
^^ maybe yu beleive that she believes that money will some how bring happiness and somehow she will love him forever ?
Maybe
Old 06-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Commoner

Great news! I'm so happy that he finally did it! And now we have the next big wedding! woohoo ^^
Old 06-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

any details of when the wedding may take place?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Courtier

I donīt think itīll become a huge glittering wedding. When Rainier died only a handfull of nobles/royals attended and at the Rose- and Red-Cross ball no first class nobles/royals attend since years. I have the feeling that the Monegasque noble family isnīt really THAT accepted any more in the royal circle specially now that Carolineīs third marriage with EA seems to have ended. So I donīt expect too many heirs to the throne to attend specially not Victoria and Daniel. Just a feeling. I mean he is 52 already and has two children out of wedlock. I believe this will make some difference after all. And heīs so shy itīll be a nightmare for him to celebrate such a big event anyway....Itīs ridiculous to honestly believe that his two children or Stephanieīs children attend. I canīt imagine that.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

When Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier how many foreign royals attended the wedding? As this could give us an indiction of the wedding between Albert and Charlene

Princess Victoria did attend Albert's enthronement and the Earl and Countess of Wessex were also in attendence so maybe they could be at a wedding

Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Courtier

She is blonde like Grace. That means she will copy her.
And she donīt show her love like Victoria. That means she doesnīt love him.
He is ugly. That means she wants his money and the title.
???

I see.......

Congratulation to the couple!

Old 06-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Something about this whole situation just doesn't sit right with me. Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of pictures of Ms. Wittstock, but in those I have seen, she just does not to seem to show much emotion. To me she comes across as an "ice maiden". Either she's trying too hard to "be like Pr Grace" or she's too afraid to be herself.

If, however, they are truly happy and this is what they want then I wish them happiness.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

First of all he is not ugly. Secondly, I don't know if they love each other, but Grace could hardly have loved Rainier, they hardly knew each other. Charlene is beautiful in her own right. Grace didn't need Ranier's money, but she must of liked the idea of a title. They were engaged in December of 1955 abd married in April 1956, hardly a 6 month wait. This may transpire that way, too. Who knows.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
I donīt think itīll become a huge glittering wedding. When Rainier died only a handfull of nobles/royals attended and at the Rose- and Red-Cross ball no first class nobles/royals attend since years. I have the feeling that the Monegasque noble family isnīt really THAT accepted any more in the royal circle specially now that Carolineīs third marriage with EA seems to have ended. So I donīt expect too many heirs to the throne to attend specially not Victoria and Daniel. Just a feeling. I mean he is 52 already and has two children out of wedlock. I believe this will make some difference after all. And heīs so shy itīll be a nightmare for him to celebrate such a big event anyway....Itīs ridiculous to honestly believe that his two children or Stephanieīs children attend. I canīt imagine that.
I think that most if not all of the Crown Princes/Princess' and their spouses will attend. I would not be surprised either if Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa attend as well as the King and Queen of Sweden and Norway.

Just my opinion.
Courtier

Why does she have to be trying to be like Grace. Maybe she just isn't emotional in public and I read that someone who met her said she was quiet and shy. Albert took four years to propose he obviously took his time in choosing Charlene.
Courtier

As far as I can remember no noble/royal representativ from foreign countries was invited to the enthronement celebrations. It was only a family event and some public festival for the people from Monaco.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
As far as I can remember no noble/royal representativ from foreign countries was invited to the enthronement celebrations. It was only a family event and some public festival for the people from Monaco.
I remember Sophie and Edward, Victoria as well attending the enthronment ceremony.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I hope she wonīt perfrom every duty as a first lady. I still prefer Caroline. Monaco would be less attractive with this woman, who seems to have no personality. Always trying hard to look like Grace, how sad.
I dont believe at all she is in love. Probably in love with the principality.

Once she marries Albert Caroline will no longer be first lady and Charlene will be expected to step up. In addition she is young enough to have children and as she does so Caroline will slip further away from the centre of things.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Think that Charlene was in a difficult position while she was his 'girlfriend' and without an official position and the comparisons with Princess Grace made it even harder. Prince Daniel came across as quiet and shy before any engagement and i think Charlene is the same nervous. Maybe now she is engaged we will see a different side to her and more open as she learns and grows in her role as future Princess of Monaco. I have always thought she was good for Albert so am glad we are finally now at the stage to get excited for the wedding prepartions officially

Old 06-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

at last! congrats to the couple. it is about time to see a huge celebration in monaco.

Tags
engagement, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene