The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
Sophie's piece was reportedly made-up of Queen Victoria's circlet if I am not mistaken. I too think that his wife will get a new one but with the Queen you never know. After all she has held on to most of the jewels rather than pass them down. I do think it would be nice for Harry's future wife to get at least on historic piece. Teck circlet tiara maybe.
The origins of Sophie's tiara have never been confirmed, and I remain sceptical of the link to the circlet of Queen Victoria.

That said, I do agree that it is unlikely that Harry's wife will receive a tiara with material royal lineage.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Courtier

I too remain unconvinced about Sophie's tiara but that is what I have read.

I think that when you consider all of the jewels the Queen's has it would be nice of her to share. On the other hand if Harry's wife got a new tiara she would not be forced to give it back to the family so both sides have positives.

On the other hand the economic situation in England, at the time of his engagement, could determine what his wife gets. I don't think the public would be pleased about the royals spending money on a new tiara when there is some already in the family.

Any thoughts on which of Diana's jewels might go to Harry's future wife since they appear to be sharing her jewels? Perhaps his wife might get the diamond eternity band Diana liked so much or her sapphire brooch.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

If Henry were not to marry until Charles was King and assuming most of the Queens jewels pass to the crown, would Harry's wife get a more elaborate/historical tiara as now daughter in law to monoarch do you think? Because until William and Kate have kids Harry would still be heir to heir if Charles is King so maybe different then Sohpie because Edward was never heir or heir to heir?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
If Henry were not to marry until Charles was King and assuming most of the Queens jewels pass to the crown, would Harry's wife get a more elaborate/historical tiara as now daughter in law to monoarch do you think? Because until William and Kate have kids Harry would still be heir to heir if Charles is King so maybe different then Sohpie because Edward was never heir or heir to heir?
Could be possible. I don't think Charles (or Camilla) would be as stingy. The "senior" royal ladies would be able to borrow more often. Since Wills got the ring I'm hoping Harry will get the Saudi sapphire parure for his bride.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The origins of Sophie's tiara have never been confirmed, and I remain sceptical of the link to the circlet of Queen Victoria.
See Sophie's jewellery thread, posts 94-96 and post 111.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
See Sophie's jewellery thread, posts 94-96 and post 111.
I am aware of the previous posts on these topics, but, with due respect, is there any confirmation at all of the view set out in these posts?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Administrator

The investigation and evidence was comprehensively detailed some years ago in the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board.

Since Buckingham Palace generally does not comment on such matters and the RJOTWMB does not have permanent discussions (in contrast to TRF), members can choose to either accept it or not.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Courtier

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/JENN&S%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG] ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

What about this tiara?

If link doesn't work Brunei jewelry forums, pg 6, post 101.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Commoner

I think the future Princess Henry will have a new tiara like Ferguie did. Kate will perhaps have the teck tiara or the girls of great britain tiara.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carianne View Post
I think the future Princess Henry will have a new tiara like Ferguie did.
Thats my view as well. Alternatively, she may get something cobbled together like Sophie did.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thats my view as well. Alternatively, she may get something cobbled together like Sophie did.
That might be a good idea. Almost a half-way point between the two ideas. I just hope it doesn't look like Sophie's first one.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
'Cobbled together' I love it!! Poor Sophie.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carianne View Post
I think the future Princess Henry will have a new tiara like Ferguie did. Kate will perhaps have the teck tiara or the girls of great britain tiara.
I would love to see the Teck Crescent tiara emerge--but it has a large circumference and I think it would be uncomfortable for Catherine. The Queen will most likely never give away the Girls of Great Britain--it's her favorite tiara and was a gift from her Grandmother--besides, it is very lightweight and is her signature piece. I still think one of the bandeau tiaras of Queen Mary will be seen on Catherine.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Courtier

I would like to see a smaller version of the Teck worn by Prince Harry's wife.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I would love to see the Teck Crescent tiara emerge--but it has a large circumference and I think it would be uncomfortable for Catherine. The Queen will most likely never give away the Girls of Great Britain--it's her favorite tiara and was a gift from her Grandmother--besides, it is very lightweight and is her signature piece. I still think one of the bandeau tiaras of Queen Mary will be seen on Catherine.
It would be lovely to see one of the bandeau tiaras re-emerge!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Perhaps harry's wife will get something historical. Afterall there is plenty to go around. Harry or wife doesn't deserve to get the shaft because he is second son.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

At least the Scroll tiara is out of the list of potential tiara's for Harry's future wife.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
At least the Scroll tiara is out of the list of potential tiara's for Harry's future wife.

So true. Now we have one less to speculate on.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Gentry

No doubt, I believe his wife would get the Lovers knot...question...what happened to Sarah tiara? Thought it was so beautiful
Old 05-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfizzle101 View Post
No doubt, I believe his wife would get the Lovers knot...question...what happened to Sarah tiara? Thought it was so beautiful
Who would get the tiara? Kate or Harry's wife.

As for Harry's future wife....my vote goes to the Cambridge's lover's knot tiara or the Teck.

I believe that Sarah's tiara is with her as it is a new tiara, so therefore hers really was a gift from the queen.

Could be wrong though.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry