Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that bridge will be crossed if and when the time comes. Meghan may decide not to wear a tiara. The Queen may give her a loan of a tiara and maybe even the same tiara that Kate wore or one may be found and bought for her.

What matters is that once she walks with Harry out of the ceremony, she will be a princess of the UK. (The if Charles is king) Princess Henry (of Wales if the Queen is still alive), The Duchess of XXX assuming that the Queen (or Charles) will make Harry a duke upon his marriage.

Actually, in my book, the tiara is part of the window dressing that comes with the wedding and doesn't really signify rank or file or status.

I remember us all guessing and waiting to see just which tiara, if any, Kate would wear. It gives us something to look forward to when the day comes (if it comes).

Harry will be a King's son and his wife will hardly be ranked lower than Sophie. Harry's still a senior Royal, hardly a nobody!

Andrew is the son of a Monarch and so is Edward. Harry will be equally placed to them, as the younger son of a Monarch. So I'm not sure why you think Harry's future wife will get so much better treatment than Sarah and Sophie.

Sarah and Sophie weren't given or loaned any substantial tiaras, so again I'm not sure why you think Harry's wife will. She will never be given the same vault access as Camilla and Catherine.

If there is to be a comparison made, when Charles becomes king, Andrew and Edward and Anne will become comparable to the relationship of Princess Margaret to the throne. Siblings of the monarch.

Harry as the second son of the monarch would rank higher in the order of precedence than the siblings of the monarch if I have my protocol right. With this in mind, therefore Meghan, as the wife of the second son of the monarch, would be higher in precedence than the siblings after William and Kate.

If we're talking about the Queen's reign, the precedence is still that the sons and wives of The Prince of Wales would be higher than Andrew and family and Edward and family and Anne and Tim.

When it comes to the vault and the tiaras and the jewels, that I believe, is at the monarch's discretion. Some of the Crown Jewels have a specific ordinance to be worn only by the Queen (Consort). We've seen the Queen make unusual loans with her private collection and we've seen the Queen buy tiaras for royal brides. We may see Harry's bride wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara even or see his bride with a brand sparkling new tiara of her own. That will be worked out between Harry, his bride and the monarch. There are no set rules for this.

Last edited:
Unless Catherine stop wearing the Lover's Knot Tiara, Meghan or whoever Harry marries will not be wearing it. The BRF doesn't share tiaras. It why we never see Sophie and Camilla wearing each other tiaras. And why we didn't see Sarah, Diana do the same.

Unless Catherine stop wearing the Lover's Knot Tiara, Meghan or whoever Harry marries will not be wearing it. The BRF doesn't share tiaras. It why we never see Sophie and Camilla wearing each other tiaras. And why we didn't see Sarah, Diana do the same.

This is true. The loans of these tiaras tend to stick to one person. Its possible though that Harry's bride could have a choice of a multitude of tiaras that are in the royal vault that haven't seen the light of day for eons. One contender for Kate's wedding was the Strathmore Rose tiara. A good place to find out and learn about the various tiaras and who owns what and who wears what and the provenance of these tiaras is in the jewelry threads themselves. Interesting stuffs.

We won't know a danged thing though until the day of any wedding happening. Its not something that is announced. Neither will we know if Harry is created a royal duke until that time comes. Its all stuff to look forward to and I can guarantee right now that between the announcement of Harry's engagement and the actual wedding date, there will be some very active threads around here. :D

If there is to be a comparison made, when Charles becomes king, Andrew and Edward and Anne will become comparable to the relationship of Princess Margaret to the throne. Siblings of the monarch.

Harry as the second son of the monarch would rank higher in the order of precedence than the siblings of the monarch if I have my protocol right. With this in mind, therefore Meghan, as the wife of the second son of the monarch, would be higher in precedence than the siblings after William and Kate.

If we're talking about the Queen's reign, the precedence is still that the sons and wives of The Prince of Wales would be higher than Andrew and family and Edward and family and Anne and Tim.

When it comes to the vault and the tiaras and the jewels, that I believe, is at the monarch's discretion. Some of the Crown Jewels have a specific ordinance to be worn only by the Queen (Consort). We've seen the Queen make unusual loans with her private collection and we've seen the Queen buy tiaras for royal brides. We may see Harry's bride wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara even or see his bride with a brand sparkling new tiara of her own. That will be worked out between Harry, his bride and the monarch. There are no set rules for this.

No. You are confusing line of succession with precedence. Precedence is about your relation to the monarch. Sons take precedence over grandsons. Charles, Andrew and Edward all take precedence over William and Harry.

No. You are confusing line of succession with precedence. Precedence is about your relation to the monarch. Sons take precedence over grandsons. Charles, Andrew and Edward all take precedence over William and Harry.

Can I get a bit of rye toast here to go with the egg on my face? :D

You're absolutely correct and I have mixed up the order of succession with the order of precedence. One way to really sink a lesson home sometimes is to make a mistake and have those that know what they're talking about correct you.

(checks off her learn something new everyday box as she heads on a quest for rye toast)

Let's get back on topic please - there are other threads to discuss orders of succession and precedence and how royals communicate with one another.

Even if Catherine stopped wearing it, we probably wouldn't see it on Princess Henry. It has only been worn by Queens and wives of future Kings. That what I was talking about earlier when I said there doesn't seem to be a lot of 'minor' tiaras left in the vault. Pss Henry would likely either need a new tiara bought for her, or if The Duke and Duchess of Kent pass away, the BRF could buy one (or more) of the Kent tiaras that their children will likely sell to pay off taxes.

Or maybe the Persian Turquoise tiara if it was returned to the vault. Though that one might be saved for Princess Charlotte.

There are plenty of tiara's in the vaults. There stuff we still haven't seen in years.

There are several tiaras in the Royal vaults that haven't seen the light of day for years, including the Strathmore and the beautiful Oriental Circlet.

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

As well, Camilla has a Kings ransom in jewellery including tiaras. I don't think that Harry will need to go cap in hand to the Kent offspring for a tiara if his bride needs one.

There are several tiaras in the Royal vaults that haven't seen the light of day for years, including the Strathmore and the beautiful Oriental Circlet.

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

As well, Camilla has a Kings ransom in jewellery including tiaras. I don't think that Harry will need to go cap in hand to the Kent offspring for a tiara if his bride needs one.

There is longstanding rumors that the Strathmore is in too fragile of condition to be worn again. As for the Oriental Circlet, it is only worn by Queens per Victoria's request.

There are plenty of tiaras in the vault for HM, Camilla , and Catherine. But these tiaras are mostly tiaras of provenance that wouldn't be worn by the wife of a younger son.

Last edited:
Sophie's wedding tiara was supposedly composed of sections of jewellery worn by Queen Victoria, so that hardly backs up that argument.

Some of Camilla's jewellery, reputedly given to Charles, came from Mrs Ronnie Greville, so these don't have Royal provenance. Nobody knows what condition the Strathmore is in as nothing has been said about it publicly.

You seem to think that Harry is of so little importance that any old thing will do for a possible bridal tiara for his wife. Charles is extremely fond of Harry and if he wants his future daughter in law, (who will rank as a senior Royal above Sophie in his reign) then I believe she will receive one, and one with some history behind it as well.

Last edited:
She didn't say jewelry worn by Queen Victoria couldn't be worn by others just the Oriental Circlet is suppose to be worn by Queen only. So really you didn't disprove her argument.

To Miss Whirley point, only Queens have been photograph with it. The Queen Mother and Queen Elizabeth.

Last edited:
Sophie's wedding tiara was supposedly composed of sections of jewellery worn by Queen Victoria, so that hardly backs up that argument.

Some of Camilla's jewellery, reputedly given to Charles, came from Mrs Ronnie Greville, so these don't have Royal provenance. Nobody knows what condition the Strathmore is in as nothing has been said about it publicly.

You seem to think that Harry is of so little importance that any old thing will do for a possible bridal tiara for his wife. Charles is extremely fond of Charles and if he wants his future daughter in law, (who will rank as a senior Royal above Sophie in his reign) then I believe she will receive one, and one with some history behind it as well.

Well, I would hope Charles likes himself. But I assume you meant Harry. Do you really believe that Charles loves Harry more than HM loves Andrew or Edward. Their wives weren't given the 'major' tiaras and Harry's won't either. Princess Henry not getting the same treatment as HM, Camilla and Catherine isn't a snub to her. She just isn't a future Queen. It's that simple.

Camilla has the Teck moon tiara, once owned by the Duchess of Teck. That would be perfect. A lovely tiara.

When it comes to a tiara or jewels or whatever happens should Harry get engaged and his bride becomes part of the Windsor family, a lot of the decisions will be more on a personal basis than the weight, value, size, history or whatever of the jewelry in question. Each royal lady that wears a piece of jewelry is adding to the history of that piece. There are extensive reports of pieces and who wore them and where they wore them and who wore it first. They have a life of their own when you think about it.

Its never about who is more important than the next guy. Like Kate wearing Diana's engagement ring, it was handed down and Kate is now adding her own history to the ring itself. It may someday be passed onto George or George's son if and when he gets engaged and it'll be more Queen Catherine's engagement ring that was King Charles' first wife, Diana's.

This is part and parcel of how the history of the British royal family goes and whatever happens with Harry's bride, what she wears will be added into history.

Do you really believe that Charles loves Harry more than HM loves Andrew or Edward. Their wives weren't given the 'major' tiaras and Harry's won't either. Princess Henry not getting the same treatment as HM, Camilla and Catherine isn't a snub to her. She just isn't a future Queen. It's that simple.

I don't see any difficulty. If Meghan weds Harry, a tiara will most likely be purchased for her if there's nothing suitable in the vault.

Tiaras do get auctioned frequently, and Charles often has a rep at the auction houses. I'm sure Meghan won't have to do without.

There will almost certainly be tiaras in the vault like the Strathmore, the Teck Circle tiara or the Teck Moon tiara available, which Camilla has but has never worn. We don't know what other tiaras she has either.

Last edited:
I don't see any difficulty. If Meghan weds Harry, a tiara will most likely be purchased for her if there's nothing suitable in the vault.

Tiaras do get auctioned frequently, and Charles often has a rep at the auction houses. I'm sure Meghan won't have to do without.

I agree. Which is a pretty good deal for her, if you ask me. Sarah's tiara was bought and it's beautiful. Princess Margaret's wedding tiara was bought and it's usually people's favorite tiara out of all the one's she worn.

This way the wife gets to choose something to her style, that flatters her face, and unlike historic pieces which have to be returned to the vault, the bought tiaras can be passed down to Harry's children and grandchildren.

Oh, but associated with 'lower rank wife', 'cobbled together', 'not a heavy hitter', when you suggested a purchased tiara before, as per remarks in your previous posts. Of course Harry's wife couldn't possibly have anything from the vaults as absolutely everything in there is reserved isn't it, for future consorts.

Last edited:
We are getting ahead of ourselves here, but tiara wise, totally up to Meghan of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, but associated with 'lower rank wife', 'cobbled together', 'not a heavy hitter', when you suggested a purchased tiara before, as per remarks in your previous posts. Of course Harry's wife couldn't possibly have anything from the vaults as everything is reserved isn't it, for future consorts.

1. Um, wives of younger sons are of lower rank than future Queens. That's calling a spade a spade.

2. Sophie's tiara is cobbled together. Did I lie? If she had one bought for her, it would have been much more attractive than the one she got stuck with. So what's your point?

3. A heavy-hitter tiara, is a tiara that is worn by Queens and future Queens. And yes, I believe that Princess Henry won't wear a tiara that has previously only been worn by Queens.

I don't know why you are do adamant that Harry's wife must get the same Queen treatment as HM, Camilla, and Catherine. It not the way the BRF works.

Last edited:
When it comes to a tiara or jewels or whatever happens should Harry get engaged and his bride becomes part of the Windsor family, a lot of the decisions will be more on a personal basis than the weight, value, size, history or whatever of the jewelry in question. Each royal lady that wears a piece of jewelry is adding to the history of that piece. There are extensive reports of pieces and who wore them and where they wore them and who wore it first. They have a life of their own when you think about it.

Its never about who is more important than the next guy. Like Kate wearing Diana's engagement ring, it was handed down and Kate is now adding her own history to the ring itself. It may someday be passed onto George or George's son if and when he gets engaged and it'll be more Queen Catherine's engagement ring that was King Charles' first wife, Diana's.

This is part and parcel of how the history of the British royal family goes and whatever happens with Harry's bride, what she wears will be added into history.

And you never know...Charlotte could end up with the ring too if George isn't too keen on it. Afterall...if Harry had gotten engaged first his wife would have it according to the agreement made by the boys years ago.

LaRae

And you never know...Charlotte could end up with the ring too if George isn't too keen on it. Afterall...if Harry had gotten engaged first his wife would have it according to the agreement made by the boys years ago.

LaRae

That was tabloid myth. Diana's will that got released a few years ago said William inherited the ring and Harry inherited his mother's wedding dress.

re: the tiaras for brides of royals in Harry's situation

While it's unlikely that Harry's eventual bride would be given use of one of the big family tiaras, that's no insult to him or her. Remember that, if Harry is made a Duke and later has a son, his household will be the start of a new titled family that will need its own tiara to hand down, use at weddings, etc. Some royal families have seen their store of heavy-hitting jewels dwindle because they were given to lower-ranking Princes or Princesses and thus became part of the family jewels for a line of Dukes or another nation's royals. The BRF's policies allow them to both preserve their collection and set up future generations of their extended family to be able to keep the tradition of tiara-wearing even as they grow more distant from the throne.

There is no saying a future bride won't be loaned one if the family tiaras. The queen doesn't have to gift them. There are several like the lotus which could easily be worn by her. Or one that hasn't been seen in some time.

It's also possible they could pull a Sophie. Yes, like Sarah her wedding tiara was new. But sophie has three tiaras, her wedding and two aquamarine tiaras. The better known, her five aquamarine, is not new, the queen wore it.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Five Aquamarine Tiara

Possible a new tiara, one that could be passed down, will be bought from auction. And down the line, like Sophie, she will be given a smaller family piece either on loan (understanding it will remain in the family) or to keep.

There is no saying a future bride won't be loaned one if the family tiaras. The queen doesn't have to gift them. There are several like the lotus which could easily be worn by her. Or one that hasn't been seen in some time.

It's also possible they could pull a Sophie. Yes, like Sarah her wedding tiara was new. But sophie has three tiaras, her wedding and two aquamarine tiaras. The better known, her five aquamarine, is not new, the queen wore it.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Five Aquamarine Tiara

Possible a new tiara, one that could be passed down, will be bought from auction. And down the line, like Sophie, she will be given a smaller family piece either on loan (understanding it will remain in the family) or to keep.

I think this is a reasonable conclusion. Her first tiara will likely be bought, then 6 or 7 years into their marriage, if the marriage is still going strong, she will likely be loaned a second tiara, a smaller family piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom