Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate has been wearing more significant pieces from the Royal vaults lately, though (one example is that gorgeous Grenville necklace she wore to the Spanish state dinner).

Probably the same will prove true of Meghan.
Even someone who dislikes wearing jewelry would be tempted by some of those pieces!

I think they have to work their way up to being comfortable in those big pieces.

I tend to like simple stuff..but let me at some of those family pieces..I'd wear them to do laundry! lol

LaRae

Kate has been wearing more significant pieces from the Royal vaults lately, though (one example is that gorgeous Grenville necklace she wore to the Spanish state dinner).

Probably the same will prove true of Meghan.
Even someone who dislikes wearing jewelry would be tempted by some of those pieces!

I will say that HMQ have been more generous about lending out jewelry lately. I think I read that Camilla has three tiaras on permanent loan and we don't know what happened with the scroll tiara or the lotus flower, but I'm assuming Kate can borrow them if she wishes. Plus other accessory pieces. This is more than what we saw Diana and Fergie getting during their marriage. Although, the problems in the marriage might have contributed to the lack of additional tiaras. I do hope Charles is more generous with loans during his reign. He seems to appreciate the fine things in life. I understand the concern about not coming off as overly extravagant, but I think that should apply more to daily routines rather than state dinners. Especially when foreign royals wear all these beautiful tiaras and jewels.

As always, I can come up with off the wall ideas that I know are 99.9% never going to happen but I've hit on an idea for Meghan that I'd really like to see happen.

First off, from what I've read about the Strathmore Rose tiara, if it was to be restored and strengthened up for Meghan, it might be nice to be able to individualize it with stones that could be uniquely Meghan. This sentence drew my eye on the Strathmore Rose. "The individual elements can be dismantled and worn as brooches, and according to Hugh Roberts were originally able to be substituted by single sapphires."

OK. So we have the tiara we'd want to work with. Now, what stone could be uniquely Meghan? My suggestion is the ametrine. Its not a widely known gem, its only available from one place in the world. Bolivia near the Brasilian border and to me, suits Meghan's heritage. The ametrine is a natural mixed gem that is both amethyst and citrine. This is what one looks like. I have several pieces of jewelry with ametrines and love them. :D

Well that would certainly be a unique look!!!

LaRae

I would like to see Meghan in one of the following tiaras (and I will be disappointed if she doesn't wear a tiara!)...assuming they are still intact:

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau
Nizam
Teck Crescent
The Brazilian Parure Tiara (would be fab if she has the same stone for an engagement ring)
George VI Sapphire Tiara

LaRae

IMO, none of these are likely to be a bridal tiara for Harry's future wife for the following reasons:

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau: Tiaras with coloured stones are seldom used as bridal tiaras, especially in the BRF.
Nizam: Was broken up in 1973
Teck Crescent: Is with Camilla
The Brazilian Parure Tiara (would be fab if she has the same stone for an engagement ring): A gift to the monarch is unlikely to be lent out to anybody other than a future Queen
George VI Sapphire Tiara: Tiaras with coloured stones are seldom used as bridal tiaras, especially in the BRF.

Re tiaras, I like the Girls of Great Britain, Queen Mary Fringe Tiara, the Kokoshnik Tiara or the Strathmore Rose Tiara, the Teck Crescent or the Nizam Tiara for Meghan's wedding day.

Of those, IMO, the only real possibility is the Strathmore Rose.

The Girls of Great Britain, Queen Mary Fringe Tiara, the Kokoshnik Tiara are only used by the Queen, and she does not lend them out at all. Only the Fringe was lent to Anne for her first wedding, and at the time, the tiara was owned by QEQM, and not QE2.

The Teck Crescent is with Camilla now and the Nizam Tiara was broken up in 1973.

The inner 'ring'of the Godman necklace [minus the drops] would make a fine tiara, if mounted on a frame.
Its in in the Queens possession and has been rarely worn, as the Cambridge emeralds have a far more significant association with the BRF.

I agree that the Godman necklace can form the basis of a wonderful tiara. Whether, in practice, this ever happens remains to be seen. I think Catherine will be the one who will have a real chance of implementing such a change, as Charles' reign is probably going to be quite short.

Not sure Charles's reign will be short....he could be King 20 years or more.

LaRae

I've edited and deleted a number of posts. As a reminder, discussions about Meghan and Harry's relationship and Meghan and Kate's fashion are off-topic for this thread. Please keep the discussion about jewels for Harry's future wife.

I know people keep referencing the Teck Crescent Tiara is in Camilla’s possession, but she primarily stick to Honeycomb and her family tiara. So the Teck Crescent Tiara can be used by Harry’s future wife.

I know people keep referencing the Teck Crescent Tiara is in Camilla’s possession, but she primarily stick to Honeycomb and her family tiara. So the Teck Crescent Tiara can be used by Harry’s future wife.
The BRF tend not to share tiaras. So if the Teck Crescent tiara is eith Camilla, it is unlikely to be used by others.

I like the Teck really well...but I figure since Camilla has use of it ..probably won't happen.

LaRae

That’s just it. Camilla don’t use it and haven’t been seen using it since she married into the royal family in 05, so there’s nothing wrong with Harry’s future wife using it. It makes no sense to lend someone a piece of jewelry and that person don’t wear it. Camilla has made it known the tiaras she prefers.

I think the Teck Crescent Tiara is free to be used for Harry’s future wife.

The Teck Crescent whilst 'mega-wattage' is unwearable without a massive 'updo'. I cannot see a young Woman wanting anything to do with it... NO-ONE since the early years of Queen Mary has.. Not QEQM, not HMQ and not the DoCo...

They have avoided it for a reason !

I'd love to see her in it. She has the presence to carry it off.

LaRae

She has the presence to carry it off.

You think ?? Even the Queen of Diamonds, Queen Mary 'thought better of it' [there are no images of her wearing it]...

Yes I do. Queen Mary could of worn it easily. She had all kinds of presence. Different era perhaps. It might of clashed with that ton of jewelry she always wore!

LaRae

The Teck Crescent Tiara is a very nice piece of jewelry. I think it needs a fuller base, but it’s very nice.

There are lots of tiaras and other jewels in the vaults that haven’t seen the light of day in decades. Especially, Queen Mary’s Bandeaus, that Princess Margaret used to wear.

Harry’s future wife have a lot to explore. I think it’s going to take the younger generation of royal women to explore the vaults more and send things to be cleaned and repaired. The Queen really don’t have much used for them in her older years and she sticks to her most regular pieces.

It’s really down to Harry’s future wife, Catherine and Charlotte to do the exploring.

Last edited:
The Teck Crescent Tiara is a very nice piece of jewelry. I think it needs a fuller base, but it’s very nice.

There are lots of tiaras and other jewels in the vaults that haven’t seen the light of day in decades. Especially, Queen Mary’s Bandeaus, that Princess Margaret used to wear.

Harry’s future wife have a lot to explore. I think it’s going to take the younger generation of royal women to explore the vaults more and send things to be cleaned and repaired. The Queen really don’t have much used for them in her older years and she sticks to her most regular pieces.

It’s really down to Harry’s future wife, Catherine and Charlotte to do the exploring.
Harry's wife is unlike to be a lower ti explore the vaults. She will be given some pieced to use, and that will be it. Camilla and Catherine, though I'm time, will have the opportunity to explore the vaults abd use what they like.

That’s just it. Camilla don’t use it and haven’t been seen using it since she married into the royal family in 05, so there’s nothing wrong with Harry’s future wife using it. It makes no sense to lend someone a piece of jewelry and that person don’t wear it. Camilla has made it known the tiaras she prefers.

I think the Teck Crescent Tiara is free to be used for Harry’s future wife.
There may be nothing wrong with H's wife using the Teck, but she is unlikely to get to. That tiara is for Camilla to use or not, not for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Meghan would wear the scroll, but I don't think any tiaras are reserved for Kate but the lovers knot tiara. The lotus would be lovely to see.

Camilla could choose to allow Meghan to wear the Teck as she has never worn it.

I really like the Teck circle necklace. It was worn as a tiara and is far more delicate and modern esthetic. But I have read some places the Linleys have it, and others that the queen does. Not sure who does.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.ca/2011/04/tiara-thursday-teck-tiaras.html

Last edited:
I like the Teck Circle necklace/tiara as well. If available, that would be a lovely choice for Meghan.

For Meghan:
Pink argyll diamond for the engagement ring
Aquamarine bracelet for the wedding present (Diana's)
The Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara as the loaner state tiara events

Oh, I hadn't even considered that as a possibility. Good thinking! ?

These are the earrings she seems to be wearing most often to galas; but of course she also has been seen wearing other earrings (with and without hanger):

Another one with hanger - (I like this one better)
Something small
Something black
Very tiny

I'm sorry but these pics are just reminding me how stunning Meghan would look with an updo/tiara combination. I'm not sure the choice of tiara even matters. :lol: But the more I think about it, the more I do favor a tiara being commissioned for her. I like the idea of her having something to pass down to a potential daughter and then of course she could later receive something from the vault.

I don't think Meghan would wear the scroll, but I don't think any tiaras are reserved for Kate but the lovers knot tiara. The lotus would be lovely to see.

Camilla could choose to allow Meghan to wear the Teck as she has never worn it.

I really like the Teck circle necklace. It was worn as a tiara and is far more delicate and modern esthetic. But I have read some places the Linleys have it, and others that the queen does. Not sure who does.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.ca/2011/04/tiara-thursday-teck-tiaras.html
The Teck circle tiara / necklace is meant to be with the Linley.

The Lotus would be a good one for Harry's wife if Kate is not intending to use it much going forward. Interesting to see if she uses it for the Diplomatic reception this year.

If the Teck Circle is no longer with the Snowdens,has returned to the Vault [and I PRAY it has] It would be ideal for Harry's wife..

Its simple geometry gives it a modern 'edge', unfussy and elegant.

If the Teck Circle is no longer with the Snowdens,has returned to the Vault [and I PRAY it has] It would be ideal for Harry's wife..

Whilst I think the Teck circle is very nice as s necklace, I think it is quite small as a tiara. I would expect Harry's wife to be provided one workhorse tiara, perhaps similar on size to the ones provided yo Sarah, Sophie or Anne.

Really...hmmm that would be a 'simple' tiara for a wedding perhaps?

LaRae

I don't remember it being on the list for the jewels that her children have sold. So perhaps, that, along with the Lotus, was just a lifetime loan?

I don't remember it being on the list for the jewels that her children have sold. So perhaps, that, along with the Lotus, was just a lifetime loan?
Or it remains with the Linleys, as set out in the Roberts book.

Kate probably still has the Lotus; she did for the Chinese state dinner.
(Possibly so she could have a change if she likes).

I doubt Meghan will wear the Halo; now it is too associated with Kate's wedding.

I'm hoping to see something from the vaults that hasn't resurfaced in a long time.

I think the diamond bandeau with the sapphire which was last worn by Princess Margaret in the 50's would be nice. As far as i know is removable so they could make a different central piece of diamonds like it is the case the Honeysuckle tiara of the Gloucester's so she would have an changable tiara.

Last edited:
Mirabel I too would love to see something pulled out of the vaults...we don't even know what all is in there!

I very much doubt Harry's bride would wear the same tiara Kate wore for her wedding.

LaRae

I think the diamond bandeau with the sapphire which was last worn by Pricness Margaret in the 50's would be nice. As far as i know is removable so they could make a different central piece of diamonds like it is the case the Honeysuckle tiara of the Gloucester's so she would have an changable tiara.

Oh I didn't know that big stone was removable...hmmmm they could replace that with a number of things then.

I think it would be great to see this worn.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
In the book "The Queens Diamonds" by Hugh Roberts it was described as belonging to Viscount Linley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom