Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also possible that Harry's future spouse has access to a family diadem, like Diana (a diadem from the Spencer family) or Camilla (a diadem from the Cubitt-Shand family). In the recent past we have seen Princess Stéphanie of Luxembourg (a diadem from the De Lannoy family) and Princess Sophie of Prussia (a diadem from the Ysenburg-Büdingen family), etc. wearing a diadem from the own family.

When Cressida is the lucky one to marry Prince Henry, she possibly will wear a diadem from her aristocratic family, after all her mother is Lady Mary-Gaye Curzon (daughter of the 6th Earl Howe). The Earls Howe still own an ancestral seat which is Penn House in Penn, Buckinghamshire and possibly have a cassette somewhere with nice family jewels.

Last edited:
You are forgetting that a large portion of what HM has now was left directly to her by her Grandmother, Queen Mary. These are the items now at risk.
Also, Queen Mary decimated the historical collection with the items that she gave to her daughters in law. Lost to the main line were important items like the Sapphire Circlet, the Cambridge Sapphires & the (now) Gloucester Turquoise parure. Thankfully it appears that much of what Princess Margaret was given has been returned to the vaults. This has been confirmed to some degree by Catherine wearing the Lotus Flower tiara & the Cartier Scroll tiaral The only piece not confirmed safe is the Turquoise Flames of Love set.

Margaret was never given the Scroll. She wore it up until she married, I think and then she had the Poltimore, turquoise, and Lotus to use. We always knew the scroll was still with the family.

If the bride doesn't have her own tiara, I'd love to see her in the Strathmore or Teck Crescent, mostly just because I want to see them again. I don't think the Crescent really fits with Camilla's hairstyles. It'd be better for someone with a less poofy hairstyle, lol.

I must admit that I was a bit astonished when Katherine wore the lotus tiara, as I thought that maybe both of Princess Margaret's children had kept one of her tiaras. But sometimes I just like to be wrong:ROFLMAO:. So maybe the turquoise tiara was also returned? Anyway, I don't think that a tuquoise tiara would be used for the wedding of the yet unknown Princess Harry.

As Princess Anne also wore the halo scroll tiara before wher marriage, it was always clear that it was not given Margaret.

I must admit that I was a bit astonished when Katherine wore the lotus tiara, as I thought that maybe both of Princess Margaret's children had kept one of her tiaras. But sometimes I just like to be wrong:ROFLMAO:. So maybe the turquoise tiara was also returned? Anyway, I don't think that a tuquoise tiara would be used for the wedding of the yet unknown Princess Harry.

As Princess Anne also wore the halo scroll tiara before wher marriage, it was always clear that it was not given Margaret.

I so do hope the Turquoise tiara has also returned to the royal vaults. It would be a welcome addition to the "main line".

I so do hope the Turquoise tiara has also returned to the royal vaults. It would be a welcome addition to the "main line".

It would like nice on Camilla.

Now, the Turquoise tiara I hope has returned to the vault.

Tiaras for Prince Harry's future wife

I wouldn't be surprised if they are holding back at least 2 tiaras that we haven't seen for a while for a future wife of Prince Harry.

Would love to see Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau being used again.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if they are holding back at least 2 tiaras that we haven't seen for a while for a future wife of Prince Harry

There are many tiaras and other jewels that haven't been seen. Also, there are Diana's jewels that was left to William and Harry for their wives.

Who already has a nice turquoise demi parure.

But no turquiose tiara. And i think the shape of the tiara would look good on Camilla and also suit her haircolour.

There are many tiaras and other jewels that haven't been seen. Also, there are Diana's jewels that was left to William and Harry for their wives.

Diana, Princess of Wales had a nice collection of private jewels but no diadems. The two diadems she wore during her lifetime were loans, one from the Earl Spencer (the smaller Spencer family diadem) and one from the Queen (a remake of the original Cambridge Lovers' Knot Diadem).

So possibly the spouses of the Princes William and Harry will wear some of Diana's jewels, there are no diadems amongst these.

:flowers:

Last edited:
But no turquiose tiara. And i think the shape of the tiara would look good on Camilla and also suit her haircolour.
Some coloured stones would be really nice with Camilla's haircolour. I also agree about the shape, the turquoise tiara is substantial enough to look good on her. I think the style would fit with the turquoise demi-parure, so that would be a stunning sight! It was a very nice tiara and I'd love to see it worn again.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are holding back at least 2 tiaras that we haven't seen for a while for a future wife of Prince Harry.

Would love to see Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau being used again.
I think that most of Queen Mary's tiaras are accounted for. Many have been given away or re-used for other jewels. But the sapphire bandeau must still be there, and also the lozenge shape bandeau. The latter has also been worn by the very young Princess Margaret. It would make a nice, neutral coloured, starter tiara. ...if only Harry would find the right wearer for it;).

Should the Gloucester's ever want to part with some of their large collection of tiaras and jewels, I think it would be great if some of the more significant ones could return to the "Main line".

I wonder what enagement ring Harry will give to his future wife. It would be great if he gave her one of Diana's rings:

Diana's Rings

I personally would love if he gave her the aquamarine ring, or the oval blue ring.

Well another topic I really cannot fathom, tiaras. Really, you wear the cheap piece of jewelery once when your getting married, if you decide to do that and keep it. I don't exactly understand the reason why Royals wear tiaras and hats, but I think it's real quaint and symbolic. I could dig into the depths of my finances and still not fully tolerate natural diamond even if it was a .99 cent sale on one. But royals can dawn them inclusions and all and it's is like this really accepted notion, even patriotic. Natural diamonds with bad enough inclusions you drop them and they can split. The royals open up a much needed view on so many things.

Last edited:
I wonder what enagement ring Harry will give to his future wife. It would be great if he gave her one of Diana's rings:

Diana's Rings

I personally would love if he gave her the aquamarine ring, or the oval blue ring.

I think there are a couple of gold bands in all that, that would be just enough. I wouldn't want an old hand me down ring, personally, from anyone, to get hitched in.

I think it has great sentimental value that a guy would offer you a family ring as an engagement ring.

LaRae

Last edited:
I think there are a couple of gold bands in all that, that would be just enough. I wouldn't want an old hand me down ring, personally, from anyone, to get hitched in.

I think it has great sentimental value that a guy would offer you a family ring as an engagement ring. LaRae

Thumbahlina has a way with words but I agree. :flowers: Used rings are never an attractive option imo, unless they have been substantially re-worked and or have some particular merit. Much prefer new rings, new jewelry.

I loved passed down rings etc. I believe that the stones contain the love that passes though the generations. They don't have to be expensive it's the love that's important

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Well said Rob.....Nimue I think Catherine's ring was altered a little to add more prongs etc....but sorry can't imagine turning down a ring from Diana's collection if I was marrying into the family....couldn't imagine turning down a family ring from my fiance...just seems a bit rude to me.

LaRae

I love when people use heirloom rings, I think it's really lovely. When people are getting married, I think it's nice if they want to use a ring that perhaps has meaning to them, rather than just wanting new bling (not that I'm against that!). When I first heard that William had given Kate Diana's engagement ring, I sort of felt hesitant at first, but when he explained his reasoning, I saw it as a beautiful, loving gesture. For a lot of people, such rings are more than just old "hand-me-downs."

Well said Rob.....Nimue I think Catherine's ring was altered a little to add more prongs etc....but sorry can't imagine turning down a ring from Diana's collection if I was marrying into the family....couldn't imagine turning down a family ring from my fiance...just seems a bit rude to me. LaRae

Then I've been rude. :cool: It's really about what I, as the woman (the beloved), wants imo. I'm the one who is going to wear the jewelry, after all. I would only want to be with a man who was considerate in that way. If a man's family's jewels are more important than me, well....red flag.

Then I've been rude. :cool: It's really about what I, as the woman (the beloved), wants imo. I'm the one who is going to wear the jewelry, after all. I would only want to be with a man who was considerate in that way. If a man's family's jewels are more important than me, well....red flag.

And if you only wanted new "bling" and didn't see the love behind the ring well maybe red flag for him

And if you only wanted new "bling" and didn't see the love behind the ring well maybe red flag for him.

You're incorrigible, royal rob. :cool: You will have it your way, but really think about it. Putting someone in a 'prison' because of a 'thing'? Requiring them to wear something because.....hmmm. Nope. Too kinky for me. Wild thought. :p

You're incorrigible, royal rob. :cool: You will have it your way, but really think about it. Putting someone in a 'prison' because of a 'thing'? Requiring them to wear something because.....hmmm. Nope. Too kinky for me. Wild thought. :p

Maybe you aren't meant for him then ha ha

The Tiara of a Royal Wife?

Is each one especially designed for a soon to be royal wife prior to the wedding? I was just wondering about Meghan's tiara should she and Harry marry, what it will look like etc.

Is each one especially designed for a soon to be royal wife prior to the wedding? I was just wondering about Meghan's tiara should she and Harry marry, what it will look like etc.

One would probably be bought for her like Sarah, Duchess of York. I'm not sure there's that many ones left for a lower-rank wife, if Sophie had to settle for that cobbled-together tiara. The wife of the 5th in-line isn't likely to get the heavy-hitter tiaras in the vault. Charles might try to acquire for her a historic piece that had previously been sold out of the family. Hard to say, I'd like to think that Harry's wife would have some input.

Harry will be a King's son and his wife will hardly be ranked lower than Sophie. Harry's still a senior Royal, hardly a nobody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom