Old 11-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Thanks!

LaRae

Old 11-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its intact, as of 2000 but it doesn't belong to the royal family. It never has.

Thought to be a wedding gift to Queen Mary's grandmother Augusta, it has belonged to the Teck line. Mary's mother inherited the tiara, but she gave it to her daughter in law, Alice. It passed through Alice to her daughter Lady May Abel and her granddaughter Anne Abel Smith. Anne's daughter in laws have worn it on their wedding day. The last being in 2000.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/01...f-wheat-tiara/
If gifted to Augusta in 1818 it's been in the family for 200 years next year. That's amazing and very rare and I don't think many tiaras can match that. The only ones that springs to mind are the Napoleonic tiaras that ended up with the the Bernadottes and their descendants.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

Ok folks in the know...do we know anything about the following tiara (scroll down at the link)?

Queen Mary's Diamond Lozenge Bandeau

Very art deco/modern looking.

LaRae
That's absolutely stunning! Given that colored stones are not typically used for wedding tiaras, at least in the BRF, no matter how much I'd love to see a tiara with colored stones I think the Lozenge Bandeau might just have to get my vote. Here's hoping it's still in the vaults and might be brought out for Meghan! It's certainly beautiful enough to be a perfect wedding tiara.

On another note...the Daily Fail has an article today about Catherine's wedding tiara going on show with a royal collection in, I believe, Australia. Not that it would be highly likely for Meghan to wear the Scroll for her wedding since Catherine wore it just six short years ago but if the article is true and if there was a possibility of her wearing it, I think we can probably rule that one out.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
If gifted to Augusta in 1818 it's been in the family for 200 years next year. That's amazing and very rare and I don't think many tiaras can match that. The only ones that springs to mind are the Napoleonic tiaras that ended up with the the Bernadottes and their descendants.
What an interesting tiara. The actual "ears of wheat" seem to be quite adjustible, based on the variety of positions they've been photographed in. I'm not quite sure why anyone would opt to have them all standing nearly straight up, though. That was never going to look like a diamond fringe, no matter how hard they seem to have tried at that one wedding.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
What an interesting tiara. The actual "ears of wheat" seem to be quite adjustible, based on the variety of positions they've been photographed in. I'm not quite sure why anyone would opt to have them all standing nearly straight up, though. That was never going to look like a diamond fringe, no matter how hard they seem to have tried at that one wedding.
I agree, it looks strange with them standing up. It's actually quite nice with the ears more laying down.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:14 PM
Nobility

I would love to see Meghan wear Queen Victoria's little crown with a veil attached. I think a great engagement ring is the Cullinan IX diamond that is set in platinum. These are both pictured in a post today at The Court Jeweller blog. I don't know if either of these would be possible but they would sure be pretty.
http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2017...bilee.html?m=1
Old 11-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We will never see anyone else wearing Queen Victoria's little crown as it is uniquely and purely something that remains in the history of royal jewels as solely belonging to her.

It also wouldn't work as something for Meghan to wear because it actually is a miniature imperial and state crown made especially for Victoria as I believe the real deal was a tad bit too heavy for her to wear comfortably. No one other than a female monarch would be eligible to wear any version of that crown.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

And the Cullinan IX is too inextricably linked to the other stones cut from the original HUGE Diamond to be parted from the rest of the Collection. ANY ring given to Harry's Bride will [rightly] be HERS, and not a 'lifetime loan'. She can bequeath it to whomever she decides [after her death].
So historic stones from the core Royal Collection are not at all likely.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with you Osipi, it is absolutely out of the question that the small crown will be worn by Harry's bride. It's a crown, after all, and was made to be worn by Queens only. It hasn't been worn since Queen Alexandra, and it's not likely that any future Queen will wear it again. But it certainly won't be worn by a Lady who's not the Queen.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree with you Osipi, it is absolutely out of the question that the small crown will be worn by Harry's bride. It's a crown, after all, and was made to be worn by Queens only. It hasn't been worn since Queen Alexandra, and it's not likely that any future Queen will wear it again. But it certainly won't be worn by a Lady who's not the Queen.
I think Queen Mary has worn it too... But will likely not be used again and certainly not on someone who is not crowned Queen.

Maybe QEII will surprise us and use it if she think the Imperial State Crown is too heavy to wear to the State Opening of Parliament But that is an another discussion.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

I would love to see Meghan (if they marry) wear the Teck Crescent Tiara. Camilla seems to stick to the Greville Honeycomb tiara and her family tiara so why not

Have said for a long time that i would love to see Empress Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau back in use too. But maybe that's too small for a wedding...

Or if they choose to marry in Scotland, then the Strathmore Rose Tiara should be used
Old 11-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I would love to see Meghan (if they marry) wear the Teck Crescent Tiara. Camilla seems to stick to the Greville Honeycomb tiara and her family tiara so why not

Have said for a long time that i would love to see Empress Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau back in use too. But maybe that's too small for a wedding...

Or if they choose to marry in Scotland, then the Strathmore Rose Tiara should be used
It too would love to see the Teck Crescent back in use, and I don't think that Camilla would mind passing it over.

As for the sapphire bandeau: It's more substantial than the Cartier halo tiara, which was worn at a wedding. . But I don't think that we will see coloured stones in a British Royal wedding tiara.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Majesty

They BRF ladies don't normally trade their tiaras around though once they 'take posession' of them do they?

I figured the most likely candidate for Meghan would be the Sapphire Bandeau or perhaps the Lotus.

LaRae
Old 11-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Majesty

I think HMQ will have a tiara made for Meghan and it will be gifted.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-19-2017, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That honestly sounds like the best and most logical solution all around. It'll be something that will remain in Harry's family and passed on down through the generations.

If the Queen doesn't commission it herself, I can see Charles doing it.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

If Harry's bride receives a tiara as a gift, I hope that they'll buy a nice antique tiara for her. The new designs are rarely successful, imo.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:46 PM
Nobility

All these tiaras are just so beautiful. Whatever one she is honored to wear it’s sure to be lovely. I like the Strathmore Rose.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think HMQ will have a tiara made for Meghan and it will be gifted.

If this happens I hope they use stones with meaning/connection to the BRF.

LaRae
Old 11-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That honestly sounds like the best and most logical solution all around. It'll be something that will remain in Harry's family and passed on down through the generations.

If the Queen doesn't commission it herself, I can see Charles doing it.

More realistic, it will get sold within two generations. That’s why historical significant jewels/jewelry won’t be used. Harry’s grandchildren will not be royals. No need for tiara. It’s something that can be easily sold off. Just like we have seen with Margaret’s, Kent’s and Princess Mary’s jewelry.

A tiara can just be borrowed when needed.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Majesty

So why have one made for her then. No point. Just loan her one for the wedding and any other tiara events during the year (of which there aren't many).

LaRae

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry