Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see her in a tiara and full on white wedding dress etc. I think it will be a much more low key wedding

I still don't see her in a tiara and full on white wedding dress etc. I think it will be a much more low key wedding

I think there is almost zero chance Prince Harry has a low key wedding. He's too high profile a member of the Royal Family.

She's marrying a prince of the BRF ...she'll have a tiara on.

LaRae

Also, why wouldn't Meghan wear a tiara from the vault? What tiara's are available to other than the Cambridge Knot (which I don't think she should wear).

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, why wouldn't Meghan wear a tiara from the vault? What tiara's are available to other than the Cambridge Knot (which I don't think she should wear).

I fully expect Meghan to wear a tiara...I hope it's one of the BRF tiaras in the vault. There's plenty to choose from. Some will be off limits because they are already earmarked and worn by the Queen, Camilla or Kate etc. It's possible they could make a new one...but I hope not.

Tiaras: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: TIARAS & CROWNS

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016/02/hidden-british-royal-tiaras.html

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/news/g4944/royal-family-crown-tiara-guide/

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/p/jewel-central.html

LaRae

Re tiaras, I like the Girls of Great Britain, Queen Mary Fringe Tiara, the Kokoshnik Tiara or the Strathmore Rose Tiara, the Teck Crescent or the Nizam Tiara for Meghan's wedding day.

One thing to realize about tiaras is that not all of them are available for loan within the family. Some tiaras are earmarked only to be worn by the monarch.

I don't see any *major* tiaras being loaned out for Harry's wedding. Something similar to the Halo or the Strathmore Rose tiara will probably be what we see if a totally new tiara isn't commissioned.

I'd also not be one bit surprised if Meghan ditches the tiara/veil combination and just goes with flowers/a flower in her hair. She's simplistic in that way.

There is also a thread specific to tiaras for Harry's future wife ;)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/tiaras-and-jewels-for-prince-harrys-future-wife-1862.html

Last edited:
If Meghan does not wear a tiara, I think it needs to be stated above and beyond that that was her choice, otherwise, some negative conclusions could be drawn.

If Meghan does not wear a tiara, I think it needs to be stated above and beyond that that was her choice, otherwise, some negative conclusions could be drawn.

Who is going to be coming to negative conclusions? If you're meaning the general public and the media, to be honest, when it comes to how Harry and Meghan's wedding will go down, they won't even be anywhere near being considered and/or needing to be explained to or have what is going on qualified and quantified to "please" the masses. They've better things to do with their time.

Negative conclusions are most likely to happen no matter what if we look at the track record of the tabloids and those out to make a quick buck or call attention to themselves. They will be paid no attention to by the people they write about at all.

Re tiaras, I like the Girls of Great Britain, Queen Mary Fringe Tiara, the Kokoshnik Tiara or the Strathmore Rose Tiara, the Teck Crescent or the Nizam Tiara for Meghan's wedding day.

She won't get the Girls; that is the Queen's favorite tiara and she doesn't loan it out.

I was thinking she may get the lotus, since Kate now has the Cambridge Knot.
(Unless Kate still has both).
The Strathmore Rose would be nice, if it is still intact. (Nobody has seen it in a long time).

I would like to see Meghan in one of the following tiaras (and I will be disappointed if she doesn't wear a tiara!)...assuming they are still intact:

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau
Nizam
Teck Crescent
The Brazilian Parure Tiara (would be fab if she has the same stone for an engagement ring)
George VI Sapphire Tiara

LaRae

There is one tiara I saw that supposedly no one wears-it's in the Indian Collection. Albert gave it to Victoria. I like that one as well.

I would like to see Meghan in one of the following tiaras (and I will be disappointed if she doesn't wear a tiara!)...assuming they are still intact:

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau
Nizam
Teck Crescent
The Brazilian Parure Tiara (would be fab if she has the same stone for an engagement ring)
George VI Sapphire Tiara

LaRae
The Nizam is definitely gone. I believe the diamonds were used to cream the Burmese Ruby tiara.

I think there will be a tiara commissioned for the wedding. She will likely be given a loan later. I'm also hoping that Charles will be a lot more generous loaning out the jewels in his reign as he likes to gift jewelry to the women in his family as is.

We most definitely are not going to see Meghan in anything more "grander" or "more prominent" or anything that was "grander" than what Kate wore as a loaner tiara when she married. That is a given.

If she wears a tiara at all, it will be something on the smaller and daintier lines like was loaned to Kate.

I think there will be a tiara commissioned for the wedding. She will likely be given a loan later. I'm also hoping that Charles will be a lot more generous loaning out the jewels in his reign as he likes to gift jewelry to the women in his family as is.

I'm sure Charles, who has a deep appreciation for things, will do what he thinks is right. I don't think we'll ever see a "gifting" of jewelry from the Royal Vaults but a lifetime loan most probably be the case as it was with the Lover's Knot for Diana.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the Nizam...bummer I liked that one! They've taken apart several of them I like.

I notice there's almost nothing shown with Emeralds either.

LaRae

Yeah that's probably true...hmmm well Queen Mary's Bandeau would be a good option then..assuming sapphires are desired.

LaRae

We most definitely are not going to see Meghan in anything more "grander" or "more prominent" or anything that was "grander" than what Kate wore as a loaner tiara when she married. That is a given.

If she wears a tiara at all, it will be something on the smaller and daintier lines like was loaned to Kate.

I'm sure Charles, who has a deep appreciation for things, will do what he thinks is right. I don't think we'll ever see a "gifting" of jewelry from the Royal Vaults but a lifetime loan most probably be the case as it was with the Lover's Knot for Diana.
Oh that's not what I meant. I'm simply using that as a sign that he has appreciation for beautiful jewelry on female members of his family and thus more loaner. I agree that vault jewelry won't be gifted.

If a tiara is commissioned, it might be grander than the halo. Kate's wedding tiara was on the smaller scale and part of consideration is probably that she'll eventually be given more tiaras. However, I see a max of one commissioned tiara and one loan from the vault for Harry's wife in the few years following wedding. Basically, it'll have be versatile for different events.

Last edited:
I fully expect Meghan to wear a tiara...I hope it's one of the BRF tiaras in the vault. There's plenty to choose from. Some will be off limits because they are already earmarked and worn by the Queen, Camilla or Kate etc. It's possible they could make a new one...but I hope not.

Tiaras: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: TIARAS & CROWNS

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

The Royal Family's Tiaras - The Royal Family's Jewels

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Jewel Central

LaRae

There is no way Meghan will get a bigger tiara then Kate for her wedding

Who knows what they have in those vaults....will be interesting to see.

LaRae

Personally I'd love to see the Strathmore Rose brought out and put into excellent condition and used again. Its the one I was hoping to see on Kate but the Halo was just as beautiful. :D

There is no way Meghan will get a bigger tiara then Kate for her wedding

Just want to point out that Zara wore a bigger tiara for her wedding than Kate.

I don't understand why people think Meghan can't wear X tiara if it's 'bigger' than Kate's?

Kate was offered a selection and picked what she wanted to wear. Why shouldn't Meghan be allowed the same option?

LaRae

Just want to point out that Zara wore a bigger tiara for her wedding than Kate.

Zara wore her mother's Meander tiara. It wasn't on loan from the Queen or the Royal Vaults but was a family heirloom. There's a big difference there. :D

Personally I'd love to see the Strathmore Rose brought out and put into excellent condition and used again. Its the one I was hoping to see on Kate but the Halo was just as beautiful. :D

I haven't been a fan of that one...maybe because of how it's been worn..seems odd the times I've seen it.

LaRae

Zara wore her mother's Meander tiara. It wasn't on loan from the Queen or the Royal Vaults but was a family heirloom. There's a big difference there. :D

But if a tiara is commissioned for Meghan rather than a loan from the vault, then the difference wouldn't be there, no?

As for Kate's tiara, tiaras don't come much smaller than that. She chose that tiara because it worked for her dress and overall look, I don't see why this should limit Meghan. I'm not saying she'll have a huge tiara, but to say it has to be smaller or same size as halo is limiting it to more than needed.

Actually, the point that I was trying to make is that when it comes to a wedding tiara for Meghan, if she even chooses to wear one, is that we won't see one that has more of a "provenance" or history behind it like some of the pieces in the vault that were perhaps associated with Victoria and Albert or Queen Mary and Queen Alexandria. We also won't see a tiara that is a favorite of the Queen's that she still wears.

Actually, I do think that a headpiece or a tiara that is commissioned for Harry's bride will be the most logical way to go. That way, it remains in Harry's family and passed down through generations. Much like Sarah's wedding tiara that we'll probably see the York princesses wear on their wedding day and Anne's tiara that Zara wore.

Actually, the point that I was trying to make is that when it comes to a wedding tiara for Meghan, if she even chooses to wear one, is that we won't see one that has more of a "provenance" or history behind it like some of the pieces in the vault that were perhaps associated with Victoria and Albert or Queen Mary and Queen Alexandria. We also won't see a tiara that is a favorite of the Queen's that she still wears.

Actually, I do think that a headpiece or a tiara that is commissioned for Harry's bride will be the most logical way to go. That way, it remains in Harry's family and passed down through generations. Much like Sarah's wedding tiara that we'll probably see the York princesses wear on their wedding day and Anne's tiara that Zara wore.

Agreed. I think she'll eventually be loaned a piece from the vault that's not in active use by someone else as she attends more events that require a tiara. But it won't be a piece with a lot of prominent history.

Meghan at most will need a wedding tiara and then a spare for other occasions.

She’s not Camilla or Catherine who will have access to everything in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom