Royal engagement rings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really liked the sheer beauty and simplicity of Megan's ring. The balance of the two diamonds flanking the central stone was just about perfect offset with a perfectly sized, warm gold band. Now it just looks like a tacky bit of off-centre bling. Regrettably Meghan is not gifted at jewellery design.

Ummm who said she designed it?

LaRae

I rather like Camilla's. The emerald-cut diamond and Art Deco look. :D

Harry designed Meghan's ring and it looks fine to me. Plus it has romantic and sentimental meaning, what with the two smaller stones having belonged to Diana, and the large center stone being sourced from Botswana where Harry and Meghan bonded in August 2016.

We don't see good views of Margaret's and the Queen Mother's rings. They seem similar, and rather old-fashioned, unsurprisingly. Wallis' huge square-cut emerald is over-large, old-fashioned and gaudy. Princess Anne's two rings are similar in design with different colored stones. I like the second one best between the two.

Camilla's ring is rather large and a bit ostentatious. Zara's ring is simple, elegant and very pretty. Fergie's ring has an interesting starburst design, but the look of it is a bit unusual for an engagement ring. Eugenie's ring has a similar colored stone to Fergie's, but it's softer in color and the design is more compact. It seems to suit Eugenie very well. The Queen's ring is classic diamonds which never go out of style. The Queen's ring is similar to Sophie's, Autumn's, Bea's, and somewhat similar to Meghan's because they are all made of diamonds. Of the diamond rings, I like Bea's, the Queen's and Meghan's the most.

Out of all, I think Bea's, Eugenie's and Meghan's rings have the most romantic and appealing designs but that's because they are the most up-to-date and I know more of the story behind them. If I had to pick one, I might pick Eugenie's, but I love the diamond rings. I think Bea's design is so cool and classy. It seems perfect for her, just as Eugenie's seems perfect for her, and Meghan's seems perfect for her. It made sense for Meghan to switch out the gold band on her engagement ring for a thin diamond band since she often wears it with her gold band wedding ring.

When Meghan wore Diana's gorgeous aquamarine ring to her wedding reception as a wedding gift from Harry, it was so to-die-for. Many knock-offs of Meghan's engagement ring and the aquamarine ring have been made since then.

For me personally, my tastes would go toward an engagement ring made of diamonds and aquamarine, like these:

https://www.brilliantearth.com/Aqua...=4580153131164440&utm_content=Aquamarine PLAs

https://www.brilliantearth.com/Aqua...=4580153131164440&utm_content=Aquamarine PLAs

Oh and Kate's ring, while it surely has a lot of special significance since it was Diana's and the history is iconic, it does not represent a happy union between Charles and Diana. But then we could view it as representing the polar opposite blessing for Wm & Kate. I like the color of the stone, but it is old-fashioned in its design, and thus for me it suffers in comparison with most of the other rings.

Last edited:
I often wondered why the Queen Mother stopped wearing her engagement ring. It was a beautiful, large sapphire.

As to Camilla's looking too ostentatious, I think you can only appreciate its beauty in a photo. It looks so nice and just right that I can picture her pulling a few weeds while walking in the garden. To her it's a symbol of love not a £ value.

At first I thought Beatrice's ring too generic, but it is really growing on me! It's lovely and classic.

I also like Eugenie's because it is so unique; there won't be many similar rings!
Kate's ring is a bit dated but has such historical and sentimental significance that I have to appreciate it.

Maybe it's just me, but the stones look rather dull in Camilla's ring.
As for Meghan's, I don't care for the yellow gold; I prefer white gold or platinum.

One of the most common pics of Camilla's ring is a very dull low light shot. There are other pics where you can see just how beautiful the stones are.

My favorites are The Queen's and Eugenie's

LaRae

The diamonds in Camilla's ring are step cuts which don't look as sparkly as brilliant cut stones; I think steps cuts in diamonds (emerald cut, asscher cut, etc) are something you either love or not, and I think Camilla's ring is an especially lovely example, but I can see why someone might not care for it. And it certainly doesn't photograph as well as some of the other royal engagement rings. You really need to see a close up to get the full effect.

Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale was engaged to Princess Victoria Mary of Teck. He died January 14, 1892. What became of Princess Mary's engagement ring from Prince Eddy?

I have read that Camilla’s ring was from the Queen Mother’s collection, made before the war. If so it’s understandable that the stones don’t sparkle like modern diamonds. They were cut in a different way in the 1920s and ‘30s, especially in the Art Deco period.

I love white gold, not a fan of yellow. Of all the modern BRF engagement rings I absolutely love Eugenie’s with its unusual centre stone.

What a very unusual ring. Thanks for posting pictures of it. I wonder whether the stones and their settings with it, came from GRF jewellery like a bracelet or earrings.

Here is my revised list of favorite royal engagement rings in no specific order:

Princess Grace of Monaco
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie
Princess Madeleine (second ring)
Catherine, Princess of Wales
Queen Paola
Crown Princess Victoria
Queen Elizabeth II
Katharine, Duchess of Kent
Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh
Princess Sofia of Sweden
Princess Eugenie of York
Anne, Princess Royal (first ring)

Last edited:
My favorites right off the top in no particular order:;)

Princess Beatrice
Elizabeth II
Stephanie de Lannoy
Grace Kelly
Charlene Wittstock

Queen Elizabeth II of England's engagement has a Russian connection.

Back
Top Bottom