The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I remember seeing in a movie she put the ring on him. But I thought it was fabricated because I think she put it on his ring finger and there is no way it would fit; plus I have a hard time believing a widow at that moment so close to seeing her husband murdered would have the mindset to put her wedding ring on her husband so it could go with him; it's such a nice and symbolic gesture that I just didn't think a woman going through such a crisis could have thought to do it.
Melting the rings into one is quite a beautiful idea that I have never heard of before. I usually hear of the spouse still living just keeps them both and sometimes continues to wear theirs. Melting the rings and what Jackie did is a good way to symbolize that you are technically and legally no longer married.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Commoner

Jackie did put her wedding ring on the President's finger but later it was returned to her. She wore the ring even after her marriage to Onassis. She wore both wedding rings on her left ring finger.

As far as I know it is not illegal for jewelry to be buried with the wearer. My mother was buried with her ring & a cross. My grandmothers were buried with their wedding rings.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
George could use the Queen's engagement ring. Charles used one of the Queen Mum's rings for Camilla's ring.
That would be wonderful if that happened. It's my all time favorite engagement ring.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:38 AM
Majesty

Ii thought it was interesting to see which jewelers made the royal engagement rings. these are those t I found so far:

Garrards seem popular amongst the british royals: Diana's, Sophie's and Sarah's engagement rings come from them

Hancocks made Zara's ring

W.A. Bolin made Victoria's (and possibly Sofia's)

Van Cleef and Arpels designed Margrethe's

Maison Repossi made Charlene's

Harry Winston for Soraya of Iran (22 carats!)

Madeleine's ring (by Jonas) was by Cartier

Cartier for Grace

some more info:

LOS ANILLOS DE COMPROMISO REALES :: charlemos.foros.ws

Oh No They Didn't! - Royal Rocks: The Engagement Rings of Princess Brides

https://rosediamonds.wordpress.com/2...ews-this-week/
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

This article has info on some of the most famous engagement rings
World's most iconic engagement rings from Jackie Kennedy to Grace Kelly | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-27-2016, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla's engagement ring weighed eight carats. The emerald cut diamond with three diamond baquettes on either side had belonged to the Queen Mother.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Odd, usually not a fan of big rings and sapphires are a favorite but I love hers. Much prefer it to big blue.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to agree, big blue is just too in-your-face to be overlooked and too large to be easily worn for everyday life although we see it most often. I never envied Diana, nor do I envy Catherine, the job of making it look easy, yet both of them have done just that.

Camilla's diamond is just beautiful and owes it's beauty to the age in which it was created. From the clean-cut lines of the central stone to the shoulder baguettes, it is a quintessentially Art Deco ring, yet it looks neither dated nor surprisingly, overlarge.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uKfep4w63S...00/_ering2.jpg
Old 07-28-2016, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

You probably have to have long, tapering fingers to wear these large rings well. They would be no good for me. I have short, stubby fingers.

My favourite Royal engagement ring of all time was that of a foreign minor Royal. I can't even remember who she was. Her ring had a not over-large heart-shaped ruby in the middle, with a little gold 'foliage' around it, and on each side tiny heart shaped rubies chased each other on their sides around the front of the ring. I thought it was absolutely lovely and quite original.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

One of the most amazing engagement rings is Queen Margrethe's. There is no getting away from the fact that it is big. Really big. It comprises two large square diamonds intertwined by the yellow gold.. But somehow both it's shape and size really suits Margrethe's larger than life personality.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...88bc04f6b0.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8989740207.jpg

Crown Princess Mary, on the other hand, received a very patriotic engagement ring comprising a large ruby flanked by two equally large diamonds being the red and white colour of the Danish National Flag. While being gorgeous (I love rubies), I always thought it sort of looked like something was missing. Obviously, Mary did too.

Original: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/marysring2.jpg

Altered: https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iZUPnb_go...2-maryring.png