Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The story says that the updo was allegedly made to welcome the huge Poltimore Tiara. At the last moment this tiara apparently broke apart and the smaller Lotus tiara was brought to replace it ...

That's a reasonable explanation given that Serena's hair is out of proportion to the small tiara. Her padded updo looks styled for a larger piece.

Last edited:
most of that updo is a hair piece.

People go on about "updo"s but it you have really long hair (been there) it is v difficult to put your hair up and keep it there. Unless of course you are into helmet hair - which I'm not. When my hair was a long as Catherine's, I always wore it "half up". Looked good, but no worries of an imminent collapse.

In her case, that would be loss of dignity and loss of tiara.

How many of us would have guessed this tiara would be the first after the wedding? Not me! I'm just thrilled that our girl can carry off a tiara so well. I was worried for a while that she had tiaraphobia! :lol: Or bad tiara hair. Neither is true.

I'm encouraged by the fact that she's worn two different tiaras in her two tiara appearances! Maybe she'll surprise us and be one who enjoys playing in the vaults.

It would be in keeping with her interest in art history and design.

I'll keep my finders crossed.

I like that Catherine has brought these tiaras back to life.

I don't like the Hallo nor the Lotus. They are not as ugly as the mickey mouse ones from the Swedish collection but almost there... I would rather see Catherine with the Strathmore.

FAINT!!! I do not believe my eyes! A perfect choice. :ohmy:

Love this Lotus Flower tiara with the small use of pearls. She looks just beautiful in it. Keep it up!

Oh my! This is a gorgeous tiara and absolutely perfect for her. Catherine can carry off larger tiara's with her height and natural elegance, which is why I was so disappointed with the scroll tiara choice for her wedding. This tiara just suits her so much better IMO. I truly hope we get more pictures of the full effect of the tiara with her jewelry and dress.

most of that updo is a hair piece.

People go on about "updo"s but it you have really long hair (been there) it is v difficult to put your hair up and keep it there. Unless of course you are into helmet hair - which I'm not. When my hair was a long as Catherine's, I always wore it "half up". Looked good, but no worries of an imminent collapse.

In her case, that would be loss of dignity and loss of tiara.
Years ago my hair was Kate's length and very thick and heavy. The weight of it on my head with the four inch bobby pins gave me terrible headaches. That combined with a tiara might be uncomfortable.

I do hope we see Catherine use the Papyrus tiara again. In fact, might I even suggest that for the remainder of the current reign, let this be Catherine's signature tiara.

The Halo Scroll tiara, whilst lovely, was hardly remarkable, and IMO, Catherine probably needs something a bit more substantial, like the Papyrus.

I also think she should take on the Teck tiara's.

I also think she should take on the Teck tiara's.

Which tiara is this? :previous:
I really hope she will wear the Cambridge Lover Knots, although I don't thing she will. It would be great.
I also think she should leave the Halo tiara in the vaults, just use the Papyrus and one or two other tiaras.

I think Catherine can handle the Teck Crescent Tiara and the Teck Circle Tiara/Necklace.

I'm encouraged by the fact that she's worn two different tiaras in her two tiara appearances! Maybe she'll surprise us and be one who enjoys playing in the vaults.

It would be in keeping with her interest in art history and design.

I'll keep my finders crossed.
Unfortunately I think that she will probably revert to the Halo Scroll when it is returned in March 2014. I don't know about you, but I thought the Halo didn't look well set against the white of her rather heavy veil. It sort of got lost and merged into the white of the veil.

I would love to see her wearing a really elegant updo with the Halo and her matching wedding earrings. It would be the first time we got a really good look at how lovely it really look against her glorious brunette hair.

I totally agree 100 percent with you, Marg. The Halo tiara is very delicate and got lost against the white of her opaque veil which did not do justice to it. If she experiments with some good tiara hairstyles when the time comes to start wearing more tiaras, the effect will be stunning, I'm sure.

Unfortunately I think that she will probably revert to the Halo Scroll when it is returned in March 2014. I don't know about you, but I thought the Halo didn't look well set against the white of her rather heavy veil. It sort of got lost and merged into the white of the veil.

I would love to see her wearing a really elegant updo with the Halo and her matching wedding earrings. It would be the first time we got a really good look at how lovely it really look against her glorious brunette hair.

I totally agree 100 percent with you, Marg. The Halo tiara is very delicate and got lost against the white of her opaque veil which did not do justice to it. If she experiments with some good tiara hairstyles when the time comes to start wearing more tiaras, the effect will be stunning, I'm sure.

I agree, the Halo may look better with an updo than it did at the wedding. The requirements of the wedding day surely restricted what Catherine could have dobne with her hair.

Catherine has recently started to experiment with her hair, so I am sure she will get there when it comes to getting her hair right for the tiaras she will no doubt wear in time to come. She is lucky as there are a number of European princesses whose experiences she can draw on.

Last edited:

Well MARG, with any luck she won't be wearing that veil again any time soon!:)

:previous: Perish the thought! :eek:

It would be very nice to see Catherine use the Greville ruby necklace

^^^Agree, but the hair must not compete.

I agree, the Halo may look better with an updo than it did at the wedding. The requirements of the wedding day surely restricted what Catherine could have dobne with her hair.

Catherine has recently started to experiment with her hair, so I am sure she will get there when it comes to getting her hair right for the tiaras she will no doubt wear in time to come. She is lucky as there are a number of European princesses whose experiences she can draw on.

I don't know it what way there were restrictions on her wedding hair choices.IMO she should have worn a lovely up do to show off the beautiful lace on the dress but she chose to wear it down (as usual) and that was her choice.

I don't know it what way there were restrictions on her wedding hair choices.IMO she should have worn a lovely up do to show off the beautiful lace on the dress but she chose to wear it down (as usual) and that was her choice.

The primary wedding day considerations that I had in mind included accommodating the veil, tiara and having a hairstyle that will last the full day

How would Catherine look wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Pearls?
How would Catherine look wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with the Cambridge Emeralds? :yorkrose:

Back
Top Bottom