Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately there are now very little white tie occasion in the UK apart from State banquets. And at those we almost never get good pics from the other Royals apart from the Queen and duke of Edinburgh. It would be nice to have a Diamond Ball or something like this for the Diamond Jubilee where all ladies wear their best diamond Jewels.

Oh, for heaven's sake, give me a tiara and I'll think of an occasion to wear it!!!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Apart from state visits, when was the last tiara event in Britain? Even at the opening of parliament the Queen attends alone, and no other ladies in tiaras are seen anymore. So to me, it seems extremely unlikely that there will be a white tie event for the jubilee.

But what if I'm wrong? It would be such a dream to see both foreign royals and the British ladies with tiaras. Not only Kate, but Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Autumn as well.

Apart from state visits, when was the last tiara event in Britain? Even at the opening of parliament the Queen attends alone, and no other ladies in tiaras are seen anymore. So to me, it seems extremely unlikely that there will be a white tie event for the jubilee.

But what if I'm wrong? It would be such a dream to see both foreign royals and the British ladies with tiaras. Not only Kate, but Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Autumn as well.

Beatrice and Eugenie haven't ever been seen in tiaras and Zara and Autumn are very unlikely to ever turn up to a state banquet or participate in state visits because they're not royals they're just related to them. Last visit was The Presidents visit in March I believe.

Beatrice and Eugenie haven't ever been seen in tiaras and Zara and Autumn are very unlikely to ever turn up to a state banquet or participate in state visits because they're not royals they're just related to them. Last visit was The Presidents visit in March I believe.
I know. But there is a chance that they would be invited to jubilee gala. Anyway, as I explained above, I don't really believe in a white tie jubilee gala. It's day dreaming:flowers:

I know. But there is a chance that they would be invited to jubilee gala. Anyway, as I explained above, I don't really believe in a white tie jubilee gala. It's day dreaming:flowers:

Oh i'm a believer, i'm just dying to see the Dehli Durbar :flowers:

I really think the Strathmore Rose Tiara would suit Sophie and it's fitting to the dedication Sophie has shown to family.

Oh, the Strathmore would be a lovely choice for Sophie and I still have high hopes that tiara will see the light of day. It has such wonderful provenance as well.

The Strathmore rose, the Teck crescent, the sapphire bandeau ... there are many tiaras which need to see the light of day (or should I say light of night?) again.

The Strathmore rose, the Teck crescent, the sapphire bandeau ... there are many tiaras which need to see the light of day (or should I say light of night?) again.

I suspect some of those wonderful beauties you refer to will make a reappearance with Catherine, and posssibly the wife of Prince Harry. I do hope they do not go to Sophie as they will be so far from the main line of the BRF.

If HM felt that Sophie needed a new tiara, she could always get her a new one.

Of course I agree that the important jewels should be kept by the monarch. But I think that HM should lend a tiara to Sophie, as she used to lend pieces to Margaret and Anne. If Sophie gets the use of only one of the currently un-used tiara, there will be still enought for Kate and Princess Harry.

We neeed a british "Maxima" who brings the long not sdeen peaces out of the Vaults. Sometimes i think the Queen could lend out Sophie one of the smaller tiaras for the one or othjer Event. Would in every case be better as if Sophie has to loan a tiara from a Jeweller like the tiara worn at the Royal Theater in Copenhagen the evening before Frederik and Mary's Wedding.

I suspect some of those wonderful beauties you refer to will make a reappearance with Catherine, and posssibly the wife of Prince Harry. I do hope they do not go to Sophie as they will be so far from the main line of the BRF.

If HM felt that Sophie needed a new tiara, she could always get her a new one.

But why can she not simple loan a smaller tiara from the Vaults to Sophie for the one or other occasion. She doesn't have to give it as gift to her.

Stefan said:
But why can she not simple loan a smaller tiara from the Vaults to Sophie for the one or other occasion. She doesn't have to give it as gift to her.

If she wanted to loan Sophie a tiara, I'm sure she would.

Would in every case be better as if Sophie has to loan a tiara from a Jeweller like the tiara worn at the Royal Theater in Copenhagen the evening before Frederik and Mary's Wedding.

This has never been confirmed. I seriously doubt that HM would have countenanced her daughter-in-law accepting a commercial loan for such a high profile event. It seems that this tiara has not been seen again but Sophie acquired the Aquamarine Tiara. I'm still of the opinion that the Copenhagen piece was part of Princess Andrew of Greeces' Aquamarine tiara and that this was broken up for Sophies modern piece.

Ok - so let's gues the jubilee gala is white tie - what would the ladies of the royal family show up with?

1. Duchess of Cambridge - Halo/Scroll tiara

TBC....

Ok - so let's gues the jubilee gala is white tie - what would the ladies of the royal family show up with?

1. Duchess of Cambridge - Halo/Scroll tiara

TBC....

I agree. I think that it will be long-term tiara for her. Let's hope she does an up-do.

I agree. I think that it will be long-term tiara for her. Let's hope she does an up-do.

We'll see :) I can see her pulling out the lover's knot sooner than people think.

3. HM - The Oriental Circlet
4. HRH The Princess Royal - The Greek Meander Tiara
5. HRH The Countess of Wessex - The Aquamarine Modern Tiara

Queen Elizabeth wil give her tiara ? maybe princess diana tiara ?

Yes, I can see that happening as well and hope it will make an appearance during the Jubilee for a formal occasion.

I honestly don't see HM making it available. I think that it has been "retired" and will not appear again until William becomes Prince of Wales.

wymanda said:
I honestly don't see HM making it available. I think that it has been "retired" and will not appear again until William becomes Prince of Wales.

I don't believe she'd make it available to anyone else, but I can see her choosing to make it available to Kate. Especially if her grandson would be happy about it.

A nice summary of some of the British tiaras...perhaps we'll see some on Kate. British Royal Family’s Tiara Collection ~ Part One « The Royal Post
This site should be treated with caution.
It includes a photoshop of the Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara and states "In recent years, the Duchess of Cornwall has been seen in the tiara, so it may have been lent on an ongoing basis to the Duchess for her use" which obviously has no truth to it whatsoever.

Well other than the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara....the other one that goes nicely with the title is the GD Vladimir with the Cambridge Emeralds....but I qont see QE giving it up any time soon!

Back
Top Bottom