The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,331
Unfortunately there are now very little white tie occasion in the UK apart from State banquets. And at those we almost never get good pics from the other Royals apart from the Queen and duke of Edinburgh. It would be nice to have a Diamond Ball or something like this for the Diamond Jubilee where all ladies wear their best diamond Jewels.
__________________

__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,768
Oh, for heaven's sake, give me a tiara and I'll think of an occasion to wear it!!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,582
Apart from state visits, when was the last tiara event in Britain? Even at the opening of parliament the Queen attends alone, and no other ladies in tiaras are seen anymore. So to me, it seems extremely unlikely that there will be a white tie event for the jubilee.

But what if I'm wrong? It would be such a dream to see both foreign royals and the British ladies with tiaras. Not only Kate, but Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Autumn as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Apart from state visits, when was the last tiara event in Britain? Even at the opening of parliament the Queen attends alone, and no other ladies in tiaras are seen anymore. So to me, it seems extremely unlikely that there will be a white tie event for the jubilee.

But what if I'm wrong? It would be such a dream to see both foreign royals and the British ladies with tiaras. Not only Kate, but Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Autumn as well.
Beatrice and Eugenie haven't ever been seen in tiaras and Zara and Autumn are very unlikely to ever turn up to a state banquet or participate in state visits because they're not royals they're just related to them. Last visit was The Presidents visit in March I believe.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Beatrice and Eugenie haven't ever been seen in tiaras and Zara and Autumn are very unlikely to ever turn up to a state banquet or participate in state visits because they're not royals they're just related to them. Last visit was The Presidents visit in March I believe.
I know. But there is a chance that they would be invited to jubilee gala. Anyway, as I explained above, I don't really believe in a white tie jubilee gala. It's day dreaming
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I know. But there is a chance that they would be invited to jubilee gala. Anyway, as I explained above, I don't really believe in a white tie jubilee gala. It's day dreaming
Oh i'm a believer, i'm just dying to see the Dehli Durbar
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Oh i'm a believer, i'm just dying to see the Dehli Durbar
Oh, you have me drooling! And something nice for Sophie, please, please, please
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
I really think the Strathmore Rose Tiara would suit Sophie and it's fitting to the dedication Sophie has shown to family.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,768
Oh, the Strathmore would be a lovely choice for Sophie and I still have high hopes that tiara will see the light of day. It has such wonderful provenance as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 AM
lady of hay's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: around the uk, United Kingdom
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I really think the Strathmore Rose Tiara would suit Sophie and it's fitting to the dedication Sophie has shown to family.
I couldn't agree more !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,582
The Strathmore rose, the Teck crescent, the sapphire bandeau ... there are many tiaras which need to see the light of day (or should I say light of night?) again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-31-2011, 10:38 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Strathmore rose, the Teck crescent, the sapphire bandeau ... there are many tiaras which need to see the light of day (or should I say light of night?) again.
I suspect some of those wonderful beauties you refer to will make a reappearance with Catherine, and posssibly the wife of Prince Harry. I do hope they do not go to Sophie as they will be so far from the main line of the BRF.

If HM felt that Sophie needed a new tiara, she could always get her a new one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,582
Of course I agree that the important jewels should be kept by the monarch. But I think that HM should lend a tiara to Sophie, as she used to lend pieces to Margaret and Anne. If Sophie gets the use of only one of the currently un-used tiara, there will be still enought for Kate and Princess Harry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Strathmore rose, the Teck crescent, the sapphire bandeau ... there are many tiaras which need to see the light of day (or should I say light of night?) again.
We neeed a british "Maxima" who brings the long not sdeen peaces out of the Vaults. Sometimes i think the Queen could lend out Sophie one of the smaller tiaras for the one or othjer Event. Would in every case be better as if Sophie has to loan a tiara from a Jeweller like the tiara worn at the Royal Theater in Copenhagen the evening before Frederik and Mary's Wedding.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I suspect some of those wonderful beauties you refer to will make a reappearance with Catherine, and posssibly the wife of Prince Harry. I do hope they do not go to Sophie as they will be so far from the main line of the BRF.

If HM felt that Sophie needed a new tiara, she could always get her a new one.
But why can she not simple loan a smaller tiara from the Vaults to Sophie for the one or other occasion. She doesn't have to give it as gift to her.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan

But why can she not simple loan a smaller tiara from the Vaults to Sophie for the one or other occasion. She doesn't have to give it as gift to her.
If she wanted to loan Sophie a tiara, I'm sure she would.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-01-2011, 07:37 AM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Would in every case be better as if Sophie has to loan a tiara from a Jeweller like the tiara worn at the Royal Theater in Copenhagen the evening before Frederik and Mary's Wedding.
This has never been confirmed. I seriously doubt that HM would have countenanced her daughter-in-law accepting a commercial loan for such a high profile event. It seems that this tiara has not been seen again but Sophie acquired the Aquamarine Tiara. I'm still of the opinion that the Copenhagen piece was part of Princess Andrew of Greeces' Aquamarine tiara and that this was broken up for Sophies modern piece.
__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: salzburg, Austria
Posts: 404
Ok - so let's gues the jubilee gala is white tie - what would the ladies of the royal family show up with?

1. Duchess of Cambridge - Halo/Scroll tiara

TBC....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: everywhere, United States
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Ok - so let's gues the jubilee gala is white tie - what would the ladies of the royal family show up with?

1. Duchess of Cambridge - Halo/Scroll tiara

TBC....

I agree. I think that it will be long-term tiara for her. Let's hope she does an up-do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-02-2011, 11:58 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
I agree. I think that it will be long-term tiara for her. Let's hope she does an up-do.
We'll see :) I can see her pulling out the lover's knot sooner than people think.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman picture of the month pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]