The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately there are now very little white tie occasion in the UK apart from State banquets. And at those we almost never get good pics from the other Royals apart from the Queen and duke of Edinburgh. It would be nice to have a Diamond Ball or something like this for the Diamond Jubilee where all ladies wear their best diamond Jewels.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, for heaven's sake, give me a tiara and I'll think of an occasion to wear it!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

Apart from state visits, when was the last tiara event in Britain? Even at the opening of parliament the Queen attends alone, and no other ladies in tiaras are seen anymore. So to me, it seems extremely unlikely that there will be a white tie event for the jubilee.

But what if I'm wrong? It would be such a dream to see both foreign royals and the British ladies with tiaras. Not only Kate, but Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Autumn as well.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Apart from state visits, when was the last tiara event in Britain? Even at the opening of parliament the Queen attends alone, and no other ladies in tiaras are seen anymore. So to me, it seems extremely unlikely that there will be a white tie event for the jubilee.

But what if I'm wrong? It would be such a dream to see both foreign royals and the British ladies with tiaras. Not only Kate, but Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Autumn as well.
Beatrice and Eugenie haven't ever been seen in tiaras and Zara and Autumn are very unlikely to ever turn up to a state banquet or participate in state visits because they're not royals they're just related to them. Last visit was The Presidents visit in March I believe.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Beatrice and Eugenie haven't ever been seen in tiaras and Zara and Autumn are very unlikely to ever turn up to a state banquet or participate in state visits because they're not royals they're just related to them. Last visit was The Presidents visit in March I believe.
I know. But there is a chance that they would be invited to jubilee gala. Anyway, as I explained above, I don't really believe in a white tie jubilee gala. It's day dreaming
Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I know. But there is a chance that they would be invited to jubilee gala. Anyway, as I explained above, I don't really believe in a white tie jubilee gala. It's day dreaming
Oh i'm a believer, i'm just dying to see the Dehli Durbar
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Oh i'm a believer, i'm just dying to see the Dehli Durbar
Oh, you have me drooling! And something nice for Sophie, please, please, please
Old 10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I really think the Strathmore Rose Tiara would suit Sophie and it's fitting to the dedication Sophie has shown to family.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, the Strathmore would be a lovely choice for Sophie and I still have high hopes that tiara will see the light of day. It has such wonderful provenance as well.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I really think the Strathmore Rose Tiara would suit Sophie and it's fitting to the dedication Sophie has shown to family.
I couldn't agree more !
Old 10-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

The Strathmore rose, the Teck crescent, the sapphire bandeau ... there are many tiaras which need to see the light of day (or should I say light of night?) again.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Strathmore rose, the Teck crescent, the sapphire bandeau ... there are many tiaras which need to see the light of day (or should I say light of night?) again.
I suspect some of those wonderful beauties you refer to will make a reappearance with Catherine, and posssibly the wife of Prince Harry. I do hope they do not go to Sophie as they will be so far from the main line of the BRF.

If HM felt that Sophie needed a new tiara, she could always get her a new one.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

Of course I agree that the important jewels should be kept by the monarch. But I think that HM should lend a tiara to Sophie, as she used to lend pieces to Margaret and Anne. If Sophie gets the use of only one of the currently un-used tiara, there will be still enought for Kate and Princess Harry.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
We neeed a british "Maxima" who brings the long not sdeen peaces out of the Vaults. Sometimes i think the Queen could lend out Sophie one of the smaller tiaras for the one or othjer Event. Would in every case be better as if Sophie has to loan a tiara from a Jeweller like the tiara worn at the Royal Theater in Copenhagen the evening before Frederik and Mary's Wedding.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I suspect some of those wonderful beauties you refer to will make a reappearance with Catherine, and posssibly the wife of Prince Harry. I do hope they do not go to Sophie as they will be so far from the main line of the BRF.

If HM felt that Sophie needed a new tiara, she could always get her a new one.
But why can she not simple loan a smaller tiara from the Vaults to Sophie for the one or other occasion. She doesn't have to give it as gift to her.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan

But why can she not simple loan a smaller tiara from the Vaults to Sophie for the one or other occasion. She doesn't have to give it as gift to her.
If she wanted to loan Sophie a tiara, I'm sure she would.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Would in every case be better as if Sophie has to loan a tiara from a Jeweller like the tiara worn at the Royal Theater in Copenhagen the evening before Frederik and Mary's Wedding.
This has never been confirmed. I seriously doubt that HM would have countenanced her daughter-in-law accepting a commercial loan for such a high profile event. It seems that this tiara has not been seen again but Sophie acquired the Aquamarine Tiara. I'm still of the opinion that the Copenhagen piece was part of Princess Andrew of Greeces' Aquamarine tiara and that this was broken up for Sophies modern piece.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Nobility

Ok - so let's gues the jubilee gala is white tie - what would the ladies of the royal family show up with?

1. Duchess of Cambridge - Halo/Scroll tiara

TBC....
Old 11-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Ok - so let's gues the jubilee gala is white tie - what would the ladies of the royal family show up with?

1. Duchess of Cambridge - Halo/Scroll tiara

TBC....

I agree. I think that it will be long-term tiara for her. Let's hope she does an up-do.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
I agree. I think that it will be long-term tiara for her. Let's hope she does an up-do.
We'll see :) I can see her pulling out the lover's knot sooner than people think.