Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are two things required: a large collection of jewels and genuine interest in these. After all: when there is an interest but there is no collection, then we are soon finished, of course...

Queen Elizabeth, the Duchess of Cornwall and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands come to mind as ladies with access to a large collection ánd with a genuine interest in these, not only for evening- but also for day wear. Also willing to 'play' with these and be inventive. This is not (yet) the case with the Duchess of Cambridge. She seldom or rarely "spices up" with a nice brooch or something. But she is young and when her role changes, when her husband becomes the Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales eventually, she will possibly go a level higher in formality.

:flowers:

I actually do not think the Duchess of Cornwall has much interest in jewellery. She has the presence and personality to carry off major pieces, and did in the early years of her marriage to the Prince of Wales, but IMO, for the last 4-5 years, she has retreated to using just a few select favourites. We have not, for example, seen the collet collier, the Greville colliers, the Saudi emeralds etc be used for a very long time.

I'd actually love to see her wear the halo scroll with a fabulous opdo. We never got a decent view of it at her wedding as on the way up the aisle it was lost on top of the heavy ivory silk tulle and covered by the blusher and, on the way back down ,it was framed against a double layer with veil's blusher. A virtual whiteout. Now to see it nestled on some lovely dark coils or curls . . .that would be worth seeing.

I agree with you. It would be great to see Catherine wear either the Halo Scroll or the Papyrus tiara with a nice updo.

Access to what additional major pieces?

Access to royal jewels is within the Queen's gift - not on demand. She already has 1, poss 2 tiaras and a major necklace; and chandelier earrings (think that's the correct term) plus the engagement ring.

We have no info at all on access to more of Diana's personal jewellery and can't assume that she will get any of it.

I dont think its about her willingness to wear major pieces - we dont know if she has any over and above that whcih we have seen already.
Of course the engagement ring is not a 'royal jewel' and was left to the sons, not the Queen. There would have been no need to ask permission to use it.

I've been saying all along that Catherine should get into the Cambridge or Teck jewels.

Queen Mary's Cambridge emerald earrings

Camilla has the Cambridge emerald earrings. She used them early in her marriage to Charles, but has not worn them for many years now.

When she is the Princess of Wales, I don't think she will wear a lot of tiaras. Diana only wore 2, and Camilla has worn 3 so far. If she is only going to wear 2 tiaras like Diana as the Princess of Wales, I would love if she wore the Cambridge Pearl Tiara, and the Lotus Flower Tiara.

Queen Victoria's diamond/sapphire tiara would look fab on the Duchess of Cambridge

I know it's currently with the Harewood's but the Current Earl is a Gr-Grandson of the monarch and is no HRH.
look at the dwindling collections in the Kents, Gloucesters, and Queen mary saw to it they had some Bling.
one can hope that who knows, it's possible to maybe go back into the Main Royal Line.
I can't think of what the Current Earl/Countess would ever need it for other than a Loan to the V&A museum.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Queen Victoria's diamond/sapphire tiara would look fab on the Duchess of Cambridge
Yes, it's a particularly beautiful tiara. But it now belongs to the Earl of Harewood. So there's no chance to see it on the CoCA.

When she is the Princess of Wales, I don't think she will wear a lot of tiaras. Diana only wore 2, and Camilla has worn 3 so far. If she is only going to wear 2 tiaras like Diana as the Princess of Wales, I would love if she wore the Cambridge Pearl Tiara, and the Lotus Flower Tiara.
I would love to see her with the girls tiara when she is Princess of Wales. That tiara is very beautiful but might get a bit lost in Camillas hair.

I believe that she will only wear the cartier halo and the lotus flower tiara while Duchess of Cambridge. But I would love, love, love to see her with Queen Mary's sapphire bandeau.

It would be nice to see Catherine in her regal gear but the British royal ladies are rarely seen in public in tiara's. They stopped appearing in public with tiara's in the early 90's. The only events they seem to wear them are State Banquets, State Opening of Parliament and Diplomatic Corps Receptions.

I would like to see her dust off the Lover's Knot Tiara which hasn't been worn nor seen since the early 90's. Also, the Teck Tiaras-
http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/04/tiara-thursday-teck-tiaras.html

Last edited:
It would be nice to see Catherine in her regal gear but the British royal ladies are rarely seen in public in tiara's. They stopped appearing in public with tiara's in the early 90's. The only events they seem to wear them are State Banquets, State Opening of Parliament and Diplomatic Corps Receptions.

I would like to see her dust off the Lover's Knot Tiara which hasn't been worn nor seen since the early 90's. Also, the Teck Tiaras-
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Teck Tiaras

I think I've read somewhere where they dress in white tie for Christmas dinner at Balmoral. Oh if only we could get some pictures from that eh?

I think I've read somewhere where they dress in white tie for Christmas dinner at Balmoral. Oh if only we could get some pictures from that eh?

Yeah, I think they wear it's white tie and tiara's for Christmas dinner at Sandringham. Although, I don't expect pictures from that but it would be nice if the palace did release pictures of the Diplomatic Receptions and provided a nice group picture of the royal family at the State Banquets. I just think it's a shame for the royals to dress up to the nines just for no one to see it. I've always said that the continental royals hit the right tone for their State events much better than the British royals. They've lost the spark they once had. It may make a come back with Charles's reign though. He's an old-school kind of guy.

I'm thinking that Catherine may have received her Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II by now though. It's not announced and she and William don't attend the events wear it's normally worn.

Last edited:
It is not Christmas but Christmas Eve where they have the formal dinner and do presents. Christmas Day is church and then lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It is not Christmas but Christmas Eve where they have the formal dinner and do presents. Christmas Day is church and then lunch.

Thanks for the correction on that. My memory just doesn't seem to want to serve me full time these days. :eek:

That really makes no sense to me tbh. Why wear a tiara if the public does not get to see it. That is a lot of hassle for pretty much nothing.

What tiaras can Kate actually wear besides the two she has already won? The women in the family all seem to stick to their own.

Every time there is an article about Royals people are complaining in the comments about their tax money paying for their lifestyles. So if you had royals wearing tiaras all the time at events other than state dinners imagine the outrage in a age of austerity.

That really makes no sense to me tbh. Why wear a tiara if the public does not get to see it. That is a lot of hassle for pretty much nothing.

What tiaras can Kate actually wear besides the two she has already won? The women in the family all seem to stick to their own.

Its tradition I think. I think the jewels and the white tie apparel, for the royals, aren't something that they put on so that other people or the public will notice but because the occasion calls for it.

Personally, I think Kate would feel more comfortable in blue jeans than a tiara and I don't think she thinks overly much about what tiara to wear or what tiara can she wear or what tiara can she get a hold of in the future. It just doesn't seem to be in her character. That's just me probably.

Every time there is an article about Royals people are complaining in the comments about their tax money paying for their lifestyles. So if you had royals wearing tiaras all the time at events other than state dinners imagine the outrage in a age of austerity.

Why the British royals must be forced to hide their family heirlooms? All the other royal families get to wear theirs and are happy to be seen in them and no one complains. Everyone on the royal forums go nuts over the other royal family pictures at State events. I really don't see the problem in the palace releasing some pictures of the senior members of the royal family attending the Diplomatic Corps Reception and State Banquets. I don't think anyone is saying that they should wear tiara's everyday though. That would be going overboard.

It just seems that they made the decision themselves. You watch the films from back in the early days of the Queen's reign you see more tiara use at film premieres, etc. Now, there are hardly any. They don't wear them at weddings like the continental royals do.

If Charles' coronation is a tiara event, I would love if Catherine wore the Cambridge Pearl tiara.

Last edited:
If Charles' coronation is a tiara event, I would love if Catherine wore the Cambridge Pearl tiara.

I'd rather see her wear either the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland Tiara or the Papyrus Tiara which she has already worn once.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Teck Tiaras

I hope the Lovers Knot stays in the vault for many years. There are just too many people who cling to it as an association to Diana. Catherine is going to cop enough comparison without wearing it. I do agree on the Teck tiara though. It would be nice to see it but I think that it will be Camilla, if anyone, who wears it.

I think it will be fine for Kate to wear the Lovers' Knot when William is king, but not before. The Mists of Time will have done their job.

I think the Lovers Knot Tiara has been put away long enough. It hasn't been seen and worn since the very early 90's. Hasn't the tiara been punished long enough?

The Lovers Knot would look phantastic on the DoC dark hair (hopefully with hair up).
And: when she will wear it for the first time, everybody will make a comment and every comparison will be made to her late MiL. But from the second time onwards everything will be "normal".
So yes, I agree with the other Posters, that it is about time.....
Bye Bine

Except for the older Victorian or pre-Victorian pieces, most tiaras worn by the BRF are, I believe, privately owned. I don't see why there should be any "outrage" if they are worn in public events.

I feel like whatever tiara she may decide to wear, there will be comparisons. It's not as if she has the option to wear the Spencer tiara, which imo has a lot more of Diana history to it. That said, I think the Lover's Knot tiara will look better with Kate's long, dark hair than with Diana's blonde hair.

I think Kate stays away from the Lovers Knot Tiara at her own request. She'll likely use as Queen but not before. However i would love to see QEII use it for a state banquet. She has no reason to not use it.
Not Camilla. It would be too much controversy and she already has as far as we know 4 (?) very beautiful tiaras to choose from and she'll get access to the whole vault once she's Queen or Princess Consort.

Last edited:
The Queen using it would be a massive PR problem and she knows it. She'll never go there.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom