Suggested names and godparents of Marie Chantals' 5th child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
possible godparents for the baby:
Cristina or Elena of Spain ( I heard that they are pretty close with the greek family)

Godparents of the baby:
Letizia of Spain
William
Rania of Jordan

Aeneas-Alexandros, even though Aeneas was a Trojan hero. It's a really nice name to go in line with their two youngest boys.

Ajax wouldn't be good because its like the cleaning product. Maybe Orestes-Alexandros?

Actually as far as I have read in the mythology books his greek name is Aias (Ajax is the roman way of spelling it)
Can a Greek confirm or deny this?

Yes,it's written Aias and we spell it "Eas" (E like egg).It's a beautiful name and a rare one.

You are correct Iakynthi it is spelled Eas and written Aias. However they need to find a name of a Saint or Martyr as the first one. The Church bent the rules enough on the second names but GO Church needs a first given name that is celebrated in the GO calendar.
Some names like Alexandros is not likely since anything that has been connected with a problematic reign, in my opinion, will be avoided.

I really don't know anything about the last one.I only know that Alexandros/-a are considered christian names and we celebrate them as well(30 August).

That is what I meant. As long as they are celebrated in the GO calendar the Church will baptise a baby with that name. BTW I hope you have central air........the mercury reached a 100 degrees!
With regard to the name Alexandros, my doubts stem from the fate of the last King Alexandros, the monkey bite, Aspasia Manou and Eleftherios Venizelos. Just pure speculation on my part knowing how superstituous one can be.

I've read about the monkey bite episode and it's really sad.But,maybe they are going to think about Great Alexander and change their mind.Who knows? PS.It's a really hot day,but my air-condition works fine!

K Alexandros's life was really sad so who knows? We will find out about the name soon enough.

There is an article in WWD that states the baby's name:

WWD.com

So it is ARISTIDES STAVROS............Welcome to the world little one! Long happy life.

That hasn't been confirmed as the baby's name, so right now it's as speculative as all the names people here have come up with.

Sister it was in the paper on line about MC opening a new shop in Beverly Hills etc.It had the baby's name and weight and height. It is not a name suggested on these boards. Actually no one came up with either name. I doubt the paper would "make " that name up either.

Or rather I think :
Marie-Olympe
Constantin (the end is pronounced like vin or pain).

In fact I've read that the boys are often called Tino, Achi and Odi. Nothing about a shortened version of Maria Olympia.

In the recent swedish documentary we can hear several times that MC calls her husband Pavlos (and not Paul).

Their names in French would be Marie-Olympie, Constantine Alexis, Achille André, Ulesses Kimon. Although, the name of their last son is tough to translate. It's VERY Greek, so the French translation is a loose one.

Their names in French would be Marie-Olympie, Constantine Alexis, Achille André, Ulesses Kimon. Although, the name of their last son is tough to translate. It's VERY Greek, so the French translation is a loose one.

I guess Aristide would come as close as it gets........

Aristidis Stavros...hmm. I don't know if I like that. It doesn't roll off the tongue well the way Achileas-Andreas and Odysseas-Kimon do, nor does it really sound regal. Stavros reminds me of that Greek shipping heir that Paris Hilton was dating.

Well,that came as a shock!Although they are both beautiful names:Aristidis was an ancient Athenean known for his great sense of justice.Of course,they can call him Aris.And Stavros is a common christian name meaning "cross".Not bad at all...

Stavros is Greek for Stephen, I believe. I think Aristides Stavros is a very regal-sounding name, appropriate for the grandson of the (former) King of Greece.

I like the fact that as Greek royalty, they've given their children very Greek names. Obviously parents can name their kids whatever they want, but a part of me likes seeing names that reflect where those kids come from or where their parents come from.

Hello Sister. Stephen is Stefanos in Greek. The name day for St Stefanos is Dec 27. Stavros's name day is celebrated on September14 the day of the Cross. I agree the name is unusual and regal.

Maybe many of you think that Stavros is not a good name or it doesn't sound regal,but I can assure you that it is a very beautiful name in Greece and a name that we don't hear very often.Konstantinos,Pavlos and Nikos are much more common(especially Konstantinos,half of the greek male population is called like that),so common that they don't really sound regal anymore.

Do you think a christening is possible to take place in winter? :rolleyes: I doubt it,because I know that we use to baptise our babies after Easter and during the summer,until September.The christening will take place in Greece,so it would be really really strange for the Greek guests.Thus,I believe Pavlos and MC will wait at least until Easter :angel:

Let me explain this now that I have some time:the christening (if they are really in a hurry) can take place until the 1st of March,because this is the day when the Carnival finishes this year(mind you,Greek people don't like to organize weddings or christenings during the Carnival).From the 2nd of March and until Easter,on the 19th of April(for 40 days every year)there will be the period of the 40 days fast.Christenings and weddings are forbidden during this period.Which means that they have around 1 and a half month(until the 1st of March) to organize the christening,otherwise they will have to wait until Easter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Carlos Morales would be one of the godparents and the Prince Haakon of Norway other.
I think any member of the Danish royal family, Princess Mary ....​

Thankyou, I was wondering why this christening has taken sooo long, now it makes sense.
Any public announcement on who the Godparents will be???
Perhaps William or Harry ??

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome!!No,I haven't heard anything yet.This makes me think that the christening will take place after Easter.They have only 3 weeks until the 1st-2nd of March.Plus,it's not something unusual for the Greek parents.They prefer warm weather for the christening of their children,because they don't want their baby to get cold and sick.

Any word when the Christening will be?? If they wait too much longer he will be able to walk to his own Christening. Also any word of who the Godparents are going to be ??
Thanks!

:previous:
If the information was publicly available it would be posted here.

I think we will have a double christening with Aristidis-Stavros and the newborn child of Joachim and Marie!

I think we will have a double christening with Aristidis-Stavros and the newborn child of Joachim and Marie!
I don't think so, because of the different faith and because thats a thing which is not done in royal circles (ok, I can think of one exeption, but that was nearly 40 years ago)

Who was the double Christening jinigirl

The double christening was as far as I know the christening of Prince Johan-Friso of the Netherlands and Prince Maurits of Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom