What do you think of Charlene?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Avalon said:
With all due respect to your opinion, why would anyone hate Charlene? I can understand why people may dislike her (everyone has personal opinion about a person), but hating someone you don't even know is a bit too much, in my opinion.

I like Princess Caroline and I would like to see her Reigning Princess of Monaco one day, and I think Andrea Casiraghi would make not a bad Prince either, but the fact is, now the Reigning Prince is Prince Albert. If he married Charlene, she'll be Princess of Monaco and possibly mother of the heir.
It is/would be very hard for her to adjust and show the better side of herself, if whatever she does receives negative response.

I have not followed Charlene in chronological order, however the little I've seen of her definitely didn't make me hate her or even dislike her (though I can't say I like her either). I do think she needs to take some good lessons both when it comes to fashion and manners. With some help, she may show her true colours (and I mean in the favourable meaning of the word).

The problem is (for me), why can't
Prince Albert provide that help?

my question exactly! I do not hate her, but I'm not so sure I like her either. IMO, she and Albert are both immature. Ok, that's fine he like her well enough so that's all that matters.

But then again, if CW were 'wife' material rather than just 'mistress' material, she'd probably get the help.

A wife gets more support, because she is entitled to it and of course more is expected of her.

Some women (like CW) are just better cut to be the mistress.

They don't care to be married and they are all too comfortable with being the mistress with no apparent strings. Just have a good time, lay up, suck up the benefits and get subsidized for as long as it lasts.

You know, a man can be all too happy to have an affair for however long it lasts with this type of girl, but does bother to commit to her. He does not need to.

So, CW will probably be around for a loooong time :princess:

JMO

Last edited:
Avalon, great post {removed comment about moderators/admins- Lady Jennifer} We don't have to hate Charlene we are not emotionnaly involved.. if so some guys could think that some of us are jalous or silly... We can dislike her, yes,
I have nothing to say about Andrea... because i have no inside infos,
About Charlene's fashion.. someone can help her yes... but Albert is perhaps OK with her image now ... (because he loves her???) I don't esteem Charlene because she blabs, because she's not educated, she 's a prince's mistress posing with him in front of monegasque... Well I dislike her...but Albert seems to be OK !!!
I hope that one days he's going to make his job and govern monaco instead of traveling and parading with her... (please admins don't delete) I have to add that if those 2 love birds were not around Monaco...I wouldn't care... because royals don't make me have a dream and I beleive in right of people to self governement...but I have friends here...

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO
Albert dosent want to be upstaged by a woman- same thing could be said about Charles and Diana- Albert has been upstaged all his life by his sisters

So just put Charlene in a pill box hat and a Chanel two piece suit and let her have the heir and a spare. Who knows with the right PR she could become a hit!

HRHDUKESTANCIL said:
IMO
Albert dosent want to be upstaged by a woman- same thing could be said about Charles and Diana- Albert has been upstaged all his life by his sisters

So just put Charlene in a pill box hat and a Chanel two piece suit and let her have the heir and a spare. Who knows with the right PR she could become a hit!
How do you know that?[that he is so insecure as to not want to be upstaged or that he would enter a marriage that is so unbalanced it would happen]
There was once a lady called Jackie who lived in Camelot and John Kennedy who was unfazed and did not mind at all crowds screaming Jackie Jackie!!!!!John Kennedy used it to his advantage: He said "I have been to Paris with Jackie Kennedy!!"when on a state visit. Do you think Pa is that insecure and I have to disagree that his sisters have ever upstaged him. In his own unusually gentle but adament manner he has done his fair share of stealing the show constantly and made us understand his presence..No Chanel suit and pillbox hat will fix the interiority of the question you have posed.Just the heir and the spare are the wrong reasons to marry which lead to the right ones for divorce. If CW is a hit in that suit she will upstage PA so where does that leave us but at the question of what came first the chicken or the egg?

Last edited:
I do not like nor dislike Charlene because I do not know her other than from knowing her by the pictures that are posted in this forum of her. What I do want to say to all who dislike her with a passion even to the point that some say they hate her, I hope you never ever find yourselves in a position where you are dating or married to someone and will be at the receiving end of what you are saying about Charlene.

No one is perfect so give her a chance!

Stellad

how many more chances does she need? because she has be in the public eye for a year now and her actions, dress, hairstyles have not improve. so how many more chances does she need to have inorder to behave like a princess?

Last edited:
As to the initial question,we simply know next to nothing concerning her,except for the pics published in the media and the stories invented for the sale of rags.

To even go as far as to say "hate her" or bickering that her "hairstyle didn't improve" is just as superficial as it comes.

And when it boils down to behaving like a Princess,this is Monaco....

semisquare said:
how many more chances does she need? because she has be in the public eye for a year now and her actions, dress, hairstyles have not improve. so how many more chances does she need to have inorder to behave like a princess?

my question, exactly ;)
I just can't decide if she's trying too hard or not at all. Either way it comes down to be ridiculous.

Charlene Wittstock was at the closing ceremonies of the Monaco games looking radiant and beautiful by Prince Albert's side. It seems to me that he has made his choice and is giving Charlene time to adjust to how her new life is going to be as his wife and princess. They look very happy together and she might be the stability he has needed for so long. I hope so. He needs to settle down. I loved her outfit, just needed some earings, but other than that, she made a very nice choice this time. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and wish them the very best, if they decide to continue together and formalize their relationship. She is a mature woman now, not the 23 year old he first saw. After the summer olympics, who knows, that might be the time for them to commit to marriage and a new and happy life together.

miraglia1983 said:
Charlene Wittstock was at the closing ceremonies of the Monaco games looking radiant and beautiful by Prince Albert's side. It seems to me that he has made his choice and is giving Charlene time to adjust to how her new life is going to be as his wife and princess. They look very happy together and she might be the stability he has needed for so long. I hope so. He needs to settle down. I loved her outfit, just needed some earings, but other than that, she made a very nice choice this time. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and wish them the very best, if they decide to continue together and formalize their relationship. She is a mature woman now, not the 23 year old he first saw. After the summer olympics, who knows, that might be the time for them to commit to marriage and a new and happy life together.

Well, Albert has done this several times before with Alicia Warlick and Tasha Vasconsuelos and they weren't his choice for a royal bride. No, I think Charlene is just one of many, many, MANY girlfriends that Albert has and she is no different from the few that the media picked up on and ran with the princess story.

Charlene has alot of wrinkles around the eyes for a woman her age.

From all I've seen in the photos here, there are times when Charlene looks presentable and lovely, and there are other times she looks ridiculas and a bit on the trashy side. I don't think how the girl looks will ever be the issue with whoever Prince Albert chooses as his wife. Stylists, make up artists, clothing designers can take the most stragley looking girl and make her into a beautiful swan. I think its safe to say, when they clean up Charlene, she does look very lovely.

The problems I have with Charlene are two fold. She never cared to pursue her education. There is no excuse a 30 year old woman like Charlene with all the opportunities offered to her does not have a high school diploma. Look at what Oprah has given to girls in South Africa. They battle for an opportunity to go to school and have a chance at life. Nelson Mandela has preached that education is the only way to change the situations in the world. She has made a mockery of that running around shacking up with a rich prince, giving interviews that say education isn't important.

Next, I don't buy the olympic training facade. IMO she is not training for anything, Prince Albert and his PR team are using the athlete/Beijing Olympic story because they have to say she does something or Prince Albert looks just as dumb. She is making a mockery out of all the athletes really training. She is accepting cars, sponsorships, and not doing anything but as we see from the photos, partying with a rich prince.

IMO she is like the Christmas packages underneath the Christmas trees at the department stores. They are beauiful wrapped and can look lovely, but they are empty inside.

What infuriates me is what the reply will be when little Monegasque girls say, "I don't have to go to school" I want to be like the Princess of Monaco, I don't care about education, I just need to find a rich prince and shack up with him and I will have it all, just like Charlene'

Way to go Prince Albert, you chose a real winner for Monaco. :bang:

WindsorIII said:
From all I've seen in the photos here, there are times when Charlene looks presentable and lovely, and there are other times she looks ridiculas and a bit on the trashy side. I don't think how the girl looks will ever be the issue with whoever Prince Albert chooses as his wife. Stylists, make up artists, clothing designers can take the most stragley looking girl and make her into a beautiful swan. I think its safe to say, when they clean up Charlene, she does look very lovely.

The problems I have with Charlene are two fold. She never cared to pursue her education. There is no excuse a 30 year old woman like Charlene with all the opportunities offered to her does not have a high school diploma. Look at what Oprah has given to girls in South Africa. They battle for an opportunity to go to school and have a chance at life. Nelson Mandela has preached that education is the only way to change the situations in the world. She has made a mockery of that running around shacking up with a rich prince, giving interviews that say education isn't important.

Next, I don't buy the olympic training facade. IMO she is not training for anything, Prince Albert and his PR team are using the athlete/Beijing Olympic story because they have to say she does something or Prince Albert looks just as dumb. She is making a mockery out of all the athletes really training. She is accepting cars, sponsorships, and not doing anything but as we see from the photos, partying with a rich prince.

IMO she is like the Christmas packages underneath the Christmas trees at the department stores. They are beauiful wrapped and can look lovely, but they are empty inside.

What infuriates me is what the reply will be when little Monegasque girls say, "I don't have to go to school" I want to be like the Princess of Monaco, I don't care about education, I just need to find a rich prince and shack up with him and I will have it all, just like Charlene'

I agree. No matter how she looks after the fashion-handlers get to her ... she still will pretty much be a disappointment and certainly not what a modern Princess should be. I'm very disappointed in Prince Albert. I wonder what his American family thinks of her?:bang:

sirhon11234 said:
Charlene has alot of wrinkles around the eyes for a woman her age.

Fair and dry skin does have more wrinkles than a oily and dark skin, she is a swimmer too, the chlorine in the pool dries and get your hair too much blondier....and then there are the genes too...

WindsorIII said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Whether CW had bad taste in clothes or has a bad hairstyle, beautiful, plain, or is broad-shouldered are superficial matters. Those can be fixed with a magic wand.

However, the one thing others cannot take from you and give to you (for free) is your education. True, there is Bill Gates out there who dropped out of college. However, the one BIG difference is that Bill Gates actually made a name for himself without riding on anyone's coat tails.

I wasn't aware until how she doesn't have a high school diploma. Does she even have the US equivalent of a GED?

Slightly off-topic, but I am an assistant to this young, affable, beautiful securities attorney in Manhattan. When one of the client complimented her on her fluency in other languages (on top of being a skillful lawyer), she jokingly said, "I'm more than just a pretty face." Yes, she is. She makes quite an impression on everyone she meets.

WindsorIII said:

Beautifully said WindsorIII! That is exactly why most posters/people do not like her and think she is not a Princes material. Not because what she dress (maybe little);) , but who she is and what she does/doesn't do.

One can't put something inside an empty Chrismas giftbox without messing it up. To do that you have to unwraped it, open it, take it apart then put something inside, put it back together, close it and wrap it again. And still will never look good like original one. It is to much trouble as well and is better and easier to get a new one, but this time do it right!JMO

WindsorIII said:

I think Americans' view on athletes and education come from our culture of the student-athlete which doesn't exist in other countries. College sports are very big in the United States and getting a scholarship to a big university is a large part of the career path of an American professional athlete. All the major pro sports (American football, basketball, baseball) recruit from the universities for their teams and a lot of the minor sports get their pros from the university system also (tennis, etc.) So in the United States, there is a big push for an athlete to show he or she is educated, with a university degree and intelligent also.

But even if Charlene didn't go to a university, she did train for the Olympics well enough to earn a spot on the Olympics team and you can't get a spot on your country's Olympic team if you are lazy and undisciplined. It takes a lot of hard work and preparation to earn a spot on an Olympic team.

I don't know what the situation is like in Charlene's country of South Africa but when I was in Europe the public's views on athletes were very different that the American view of the student/scholar athlete. None of the football (soccer) players had a university degree and only a few of them had their Abitur (this is the type of high school diploma in Germany that allows one to attend the University) Most of them only had the very basic commercial school certification which is like a high school diploma but you can't go to the University with it.

In fact I found that in Euope, if an athlete is too well-spoken and educated, that can be held against him. Two good examples are the German footballers, Oliver Kahn and Christoph Metzelder. Oliver Kahn has his Abitur and is incredibly well-read but when he tries to make a serious discussion then the Germany TV pundits make fun of him. Christoph Metzelder is also well-educated, speaks several languages fluently but gets roundly criticized for talking too much and intellectualizing the game when people would rather him just play.

I'd love to hear a European member's view on this but my impression is that Europeans just prefer their athletes to play hard and not talk too much and not be too educated. If Charlene comes from that type of background, that may be a very good reason she doesn't hold a university education in that high of an esteem.

Last edited:
Things arent all that you hear., yes Oprah did give those girls an opportunity, but did you hear half of them complained and some of them dropped out? since they could use their cell phones in class, and complained of too much homework? they gave up their opportunities for trivial things. and personally Nelson Mandela isnt all hes cracked up to me., dont get me wrong, he did great things for our country, but lets not forget - he went from prisoner to president!!
I'm not saying that Charlene is innocent in all the things she does, she has done a few stupid things, and worn a few "not so great" outfits,. but then so does everyone. being in the public eye doesnt help either., ( i do realise there are certain standards to uphold etc)

As for sports - (besides cricket and rugby & soccer is a big thing, for the minority of people) - they are not a highlight over here as in the US. i never hear anything about swimming,dancing,tennis and there really no major "athletes" in the public eye. - bar the few men, who are swimmers, but are noticed for their looks more than there swimming ability.
so like Ysabel says, for her to reach Olympic status is a great achievement,.

Alot of athletes focus more on their athletic ability than their school work. its just a fact!

ysbel said:
I think Americans' view on athletes and education come from our culture of the student-athlete which doesn't exist in other countries. In fact I found that in Euope, if an athlete is too well-spoken and educated, that can be held against him.
I'd love to hear a European member's view on this but my impression is that Europeans just prefer their athletes to play hard and not talk too much and not be too educated. If Charlene comes from that type of background, that may be a very good reason she doesn't hold a university education in that high of an esteem.
In France some athletes (rugby, swimmer...) are physiotherapist ... some other are journalists... In France it's sometimes difficult to study and to practice sport... but we have " Sports-Etudes" division in high school... But we are OK when athletes are educated...football is a special case...

Originally Posted by ysbel
I think Americans' view on athletes and education come from our culture of the student-athlete which doesn't exist in other countries. In fact I found that in Euope, if an athlete is too well-spoken and educated, that can be held against him.

I'd like to hear from Europeans as well. I always thought Europe had a very high level education system and offered many opportunities for its athletes. The IOC headquarters are there in Europe and they have an entire system dedicated to Education of athletes.

I had no idea Ysbel that Europe actually discourages its young aspiring athletes from getting an education. That is shocking to me. I guess the few Olympians that I know from Europe and Africa are the acceptions to the rule, because they have great educations and have gone on to be very successful businessmen/women after their Olympic careers ended.

Even Prince Albert himself, who was in many Olympic games managed to get his degree.

Can someone please answer me a few questions.

Does anyone know exactly what Charlene has done with her life since last swimming in the Olympics in the year 2000? I agree that making it to the Olympics is an accomlishment, but that was seven years ago. Has she gone back to school to get her high school diploma? We know as of March of 2006 she doesn't have a high school diploma. Has she done that? What jobs/career has she ever held since the year 2000? What has she ever done to advance her life without the recent connections and being the mistress of Prince Albert?

stellad said:
I do not like nor dislike Charlene because I do not know her other than from knowing her by the pictures that are posted in this forum of her. What I do want to say to all who dislike her with a passion even to the point that some say they hate her, I hope you never ever find yourselves in a position where you are dating or married to someone and will be at the receiving end of what you are saying about Charlene.

No one is perfect so give her a chance!

Stellad

ok I think you are also right stellad.

So I'll start first by saying something nice about her;)

CW is very focused and plucky. This is a good quality that allows one to achieve one's goals.:princess:

lucien said:
As to the initial question,we simply know next to nothing concerning her,except for the pics published in the media and the stories invented for the sale of rags.

To even go as far as to say "hate her" or bickering that her "hairstyle didn't improve" is just as superficial as it comes.

And when it boils down to behaving like a Princess,this is Monaco....

ok so that may mean that when thinking of a 'princess for Monaco' we should understand that this actually requires an exception, a change in ideas -- PA 'lover/mistress/official companion' is the standard these days maybe?:flowers: :lol:

BurberryBrit said:
Well, Albert has done this several times before with Alicia Warlick and Tasha Vasconsuelos and they weren't his choice for a royal bride. No, I think Charlene is just one of many, many, MANY girlfriends that Albert has and she is no different from the few that the media picked up on and ran with the princess story.

And there were many many other women that PA also took to certain sporting events, awards ceremonies and such that the media did not know of the intimate relationship...one more recent that no one would have ever suspected until things went sour, and then is was revealed he had a 2 year old baby that no one knew about, that is:eek: :ROFLMAO:

He is doing nothing different than he has already, imo. This one is all out in the public (in spite of his past insistances that he desired to keep his private life private).

I think Albert rebelling against Ranier's influences. When PR was alive, Albert always said he would marry when he met the right one but the media, his family, the public would make things hard for his 'intended'. He could not find the one, because of all these different reasons. Then the world finds out he had a secret baby and a public mess upon Ranier's passing.

Now that PR is not around anymore, Albert flat says he is not marrying anyone and he parades his lover to the public :king3: and even though she's not totally horrible, (not like she has 2 heads and green skin), she is certainly not what PR would have liked to see representing the magic that (used to be) Monaco, imo.

But hey, I guess this is Albert's standard; Albert's idea of acceptable/desirable, not Ranier's. It's Albert's show now...

JMO.

Last edited:
WindsorIII said:

I agree with you.
I found another photo... she is claerly touching the leg ( I hope it ;) ) of PA. What I do not like is that evribody knows that iof your are @ lunch or dinner with other friends, this is not permitted from the bon ton and protocol...expecially if you are the girlfriend of an head of State.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/6381832_POLFOTO.jpg

Helloooo.... The Prince of Monaco only looks for a spouse. That is all. There is no any need to have a diploma for becoming a spouse to a royal or to a president.

Her Brittanic Majesty herself would hopelessly fail in the job market, walking around without any proper qualification. Yet she is a great Queen for more than half a century.

WindsorIII said:
I'd like to hear from Europeans as well. I always thought Europe had a very high level education system and offered many opportunities for its athletes. The IOC headquarters are there in Europe and they have an entire system dedicated to Education of athletes.

I had no idea Ysbel that Europe actually discourages its young aspiring athletes from getting an education. That is shocking to me. I guess the few Olympians that I know from Europe and Africa are the acceptions to the rule, because they have great educations and have gone on to be very successful businessmen/women after their Olympic careers ended.

Even Prince Albert himself, who was in many Olympic games managed to get his degree.

Can someone please answer me a few questions.

Does anyone know exactly what Charlene has done with her life since last swimming in the Olympics in the year 2000? I agree that making it to the Olympics is an accomlishment, but that was seven years ago. Has she gone back to school to get her high school diploma? We know as of March of 2006 she doesn't have a high school diploma. Has she done that? What jobs/career has she ever held since the year 2000? What has she ever done to advance her life without the recent connections and being the mistress of Prince Albert?

Albert is not what I would call a professional athlete, growing up, I would call him a prince in training and almost all the royal princes in Europe have university degrees. I think Albert got his degree at Amherst because Princess Grace wanted him to go to school in her native country, the United States.

I admit I was thinking more of footballers (soccer players) than other types of athletes because that is the sport that is incredibly big in Europe and some of these athletes will sign up for the youth teams of their first professional club at the age of 14. With that kind of career path, I can't imagine how they would have time to finish a regular degree. It would appear to me that by the time they find a club that is willing to pay them, that club wants their attention to be solely focused on playing the sport and if they are signing up that young, that doesn't leave time to get a degree.

I know in Germany, that the children who focused solely on their higher level education got a terrific education. When they got their Abitur (high school diploma) that was equivalent to getting a college degree in the United States and when they got their University degree it was equivalent to a graduate degree in the United States. But the course of study was so difficult, they didn't have time to do anything else or any extracurricular activities. So this type of career path was not really very realistic for serious athletes.

As for swimmers, I find it interesting that in South Africa the male swimmers are known mostly for their looks. I think there is a bit of sex appeal that's an undercurrent to all sports.

I don't know what Charlene has done after the Olympics but its not uncommon for former athletes to be a bit unfocused and adrift. After devoting your whole life to getting an Olympic medal and then to realize its over and you have the rest of your life left is quite a daunting prospect for a lot of former athletes. Some prosper and others don't.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Helloooo.... The Prince of Monaco only looks for a spouse. That is all. There is no any need to have a diploma for becoming a spouse to a royal or to a president.

Her Brittanic Majesty herself would hopelessly fail in the job market, walking around without any proper qualification. Yet she is a great Queen for more than half a century.

Well I think a higher level of education is certainly desireable but as you say, its not a requisite for a consort.

I was more trying to explain the environment that Charlene may have come out of if she was a serious training swimmer for most of her life. Then I suspect that regardless of whether she saw herself as a future princess or not, I think with the focus on sports her education would have taken a backseat.

I think ysbel has made a very good point.
If Charlene was busy with her sport career in the past (even if we assume she is not now), she would harldy have time for University digree.
Most professional sportsmen I know, who are in their respective sports from childhood/early youth, and who want to continue it as their career, don't continue with their education.

it's very difficult combining sport and education, for Charlene the priority might be swimming.

Last edited:
from Polfoto...
For me this picture shows what she wants.
Look the her face.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/6382820_POLFOTO-1.jpg

She wants money, flash, applauses, and people claim for her.
All thinghs that she never had...
she was a medium level swimmer. she is an ineducated girl. Without diploma. Without money.

I know , maybe I'm too hard with her. But, I'm that kind of woman that in her life had a lot of wars to win. Marry a man with $ is maybe the best thing to do. But I think that is not the good way to have what you need.

If you want something , you have to work work and work.
I was a chubby little girl, and I disliked my body... I worked hard and now I'm a nice girl, with a good body shape.
I was considered stupid, and after hours and hours of study, I'm taking my 2° deegree. (The first in Law, the second in Political Science)
when I was teenager I always use money (a lot of money tu buy dresses) of my parents... but growing up I decided to work hard and have my personal money.
I started my career working as receptionist... now I'm the assistant of a Politician...and I'll open soon my personal agency of PR.

And I'm sure that like me there are bilions of woman that everiday do it. Bilions of woman, who fighting for what they need. Fighting for what they believe.

Bilions of woman , but not CW...

Without him, she is nothing.

M.

Henri M. said:

maybe so, but at least Britain's Queen has beautiful manner and knows how to act in public! She at least has a flawless public manner, knows how to handle herself and there has never been a question about her ability. Britain has a true queen in HRH, not some cheap paper substitute! Perhaps it would be useless to compare someone like CW to Britain's queen. Things are just not like they used to be.

And even though this girl has gone without an education (not required for Albert), it was her choice.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
mabe so, but at least Britain's Queen has beautiful manner and knows how to act in public! She at least has a flawless public manner. Britain has a true queen in HRH, not some cheap substitute!

Come on... we haven't seen anything from her. Every new royal lady was met with scepticism. Yet all of them: Camilla, Letizia, Máxima, etc. have turned out to be great spouses. So why not Charlene.

:flowers:

LadyMichelle said:
And I'm sure that like me there are bilions of woman that everiday do it. Bilions of woman, who fighting for what they need. Fighting for what they believe.

Bilions of woman , but not CW...

Without him, she is nothing.

M.

Charlene will retain the cachet of being a former Olympic athlete regardless of whether she stays with Albert or not. Former Olympic athletes get a lot of perks in life because so few athletes out of the many who train in their sport ever reach the Olympics. The Olympics represents the pinnacle of an athlete's achievements.

I come from a family of really good women athletes and none of them are even close to Olympic caliber athletes and they will be the first to admit that. Its not that common, easy, or ordinary to get on an Olympic team regardless of the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom