The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is a reason this thread has always been really busy. More than any of the Monegasque Princely Family, with perhaps the exception of Charlene.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I have been following the Monaco Family since I was a child, when one day I saw an article about Grace's first daughter, Caroline. The first pic I saw she was 15, a side picture, a perfect face with long hair. Since this moment I have been following all her life, happiness and pains, and my God she had a lot of pains.
Women of this lineage had always a kind of magic aura, beauty, luck but also a dramatic side, the famous Grimaldis curce, happiness and drama, all extreme.
A young American girl, becoming a famous actress, after a fairy tale Princess in a doll country since then unknown even to her, and leaving this world too early, a breathtaking beautiful daughter searching for happiness, touching the fairy tale with a happy marriage and beautiful kids and again a tragedy.
And now these doll kids are adults and having their own lifes, I wish them to be just calm, flat and common.
I lived these times, before Internet, when a blurry pic of a 20 years old Princess Caroline kissing a male friend in the cheek was explosing the sales of German magazines.
When Paris Match was setting a special mission of papz to Galapagos, in order to have the breaking news of Caroline having a short affair with Guillermo Villas.
She was followed everywhere and at every moment of her life.
And the story continued with her sister, less charismatic, with less romanesque aura, but also followed at every beach, every tropical island. And again, breaking news, Stéphanie left Paul Belmondo for Antony Delon, Stéphanie's husband cheated on her, Magazine EVA tremilla set a full edition only with pictures of Daniel Ducruet having sex with this streepper, and French and Monaco citizen queueing in the Italian border in ordre to buy it, and drama again and again.
Young posters, believe me, Casiraghi's life is very calm in comparison.
Among the young generation, who really knows who is Charlotte ? She became a little known to young French, after her affair with Gad, otherwise, the non royal followers do not know her.
Nevertheless she still carries, she and her brothers (I do not know about Alexandra yet) this inheritance of legend, combined with beauty and whealthiness, items still sell. Her glamour image, fashion, horses, jetty set, still fascinate, but her personal life less. In the era of Internet, when a pic becomes immediately known, but quickly forgotten, people get easily interested by the 'next story", so Charlotte can change partners, without making fireworks. I often wonder if the Casiraghis were ugly and charmless, if this fascination would stop, but no, they are beautiful, magnificent cover pictures. Among them, clearly who continued the fairy tale, is upto now Pierre, marrying into beauty and old aristocraty, glamour and shine. Let's fix appointment in 15 years to see Pierre's children.
Tatiana has not this kind of charisma, and Charlotte till now broke the fairy tale. She makes people dream by her beauty, but her partners no, they are more the ugly frog the the charming Prince.
I actually like Tatiana a lot, more than Beatrice, but Beatrice is perfect for Pierre.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Albert and Charlene and les jumeaux are a joy, and I love to look at them more than any other family on this Forum.

But the main reason I follow the Grimaldi at all, the reason I began following them years ago was seeing the incredibly beautiful Princess Caroline on the cover of Seventeen Magazine. She was like the glamorous older sister I always wanted. I knew about Grace Kelly too but she was from my mother's time.

I followed Caroline's joys and tragedies and highs and lows. She is like the heroine of a romance novel where one doesn't know the ending but keeps hoping for the best. She has always interested me, and by extension her beautiful children and their lives interest me as well.

For me, Monaco is not really Monaco without Caroline.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Albert and Charlene and les jumeaux are a joy, and I love to look at them more than any other family on this Forum.

But the main reason I follow the Grimaldi at all, the reason I began following them years ago was seeing the incredibly beautiful Princess Caroline on the cover of Seventeen Magazine. She was like the glamorous older sister I always wanted. I knew about Grace Kelly too but she was from my mother's time.

I followed Caroline's joys and tragedies and highs and lows. She is like the heroine of a romance novel where one doesn't know the ending but keeps hoping for the best. She has always interested me, and by extension her beautiful children and their lives interest me as well.

For me, Monaco is not really Monaco without Caroline.
I'm guessing we are in the same decade of age ....I've known about Grace (and subsequently her children) for years...since I was a kid.

LaRae
Old 12-13-2016, 09:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Charlotte is one of the rare(and very fortunate) women who look better without makeup and carrying a few extra pounds.

When I first began to really notice her around 2005(the year her grandfather Rainier died and Albert became sovereign) I was stricken by her perfect oval fresh faced beauty. She has lost weight(she says she doesn't diet consciously and I believe her) due to riding and now her strong jawline is more evident.

And yes, she does appear tired and not necessarily happy.
I always thought that Charlotte had a more square face like her father and grandmother. Here's a good example:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNVGMfBDcw-/
Old 12-14-2016, 01:05 PM

Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 40: December 2015 -

FYI, italian press often adds to Steph's and Caro's kids names the words 'of Monaco'. The reason for this is to help readers who know the kids' mothers but are not royal watchers to easily identify them. It's a pretty common practice.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-15-2016, 04:12 AM
Nobility

I think the reason why Charlotte and her brothers attrack more than Pauline and Camille is that Caroline exposed her children since their birth. She posed with them for magazines (remember those pictures inside Roc Agel), she brought her children to many official events. The casiraghi s themselves loblve to attend every socialite events they can. We saw them growing up. Stephanie's children never attend National day event when they were children (only Louis has been to National Day event but the first time he was 21). Never went to balls either. They only go to the circus event and these are the only occasion where we used to see them. They have never been exposed during childhood.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:19 AM
Aristocracy

Caroline has always attracted more attention than her younger sister, because she was more charismatic and more beautiful, and Caroline's chidren inherited her charm just because they are 'her' children...
Old 12-15-2016, 04:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I agree.

The Roosevelts and Kennedys are of the generation of my grandparents and my parents, but I am as familiar with them as I am with President Obama. I know who they were, and I know their periods of influence and why.

Most people under 35 in France do not know who Grace of Monaco was? There is no way that French youth are so stupid and poorly informed.
I refuse to believe it.
Me the same. I am under 30 and of course I know Kenedy Jr and Carolyn Bessete (Omg I cannot believed they are not here anymore...) I think it has to be with your style or you taste so you are informed about ppl who were well-know in those categories.

There are ppl who is timeless, eternal in their category (Elvis Presley, Grace Kelly, Diana, Carolina, Audrey...). Like books we will aways read.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I lived these times, before Internet, when a blurry pic of a 20 years old Princess Caroline kissing a male friend in the cheek was explosing the sales of German magazines.
When Paris Match was setting a special mission of papz to Galapagos, in order to have the breaking news of Caroline having a short affair with Guillermo Villas.
She was followed everywhere and at every moment of her life.
So, I guess you've never seen the pics of Caroline and Junot on that 'infamous' cruise, taken in 1977, that led the couple to get married a few months later (according to the press). The Casiraghi kids' lives are very boring in comparison....
Old 12-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
So, I guess you've never seen the pics of Caroline and Junot on that 'infamous' cruise, taken in 1977, that led the couple to get married a few months later (according to the press). The Casiraghi kids' lives are very boring in comparison....
Are you talking about the topless pics of Caroline with Junot and Philippe Niarchos ? Of course I saw them. Huge scandal at these times.
And a pic of the young Princess, then student in Paris with a white gown, showing her "beginning" of breast.....
A couple of years after Stéphanie's pics, almost constantly topless calmed the situation.
Yes Tosca, how boring is actually Casiraghis life..... Nobody cares, out of some grannies like us, if Charlotte goes out without underwear....
Old 12-15-2016, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

The Casiarghis are the main reason why I'm interested in Monaco. Would it been only Albert, I would ignore it like Liechtenstein . Rainier could have made them easily Princes and Princess, but even without a title, they sparked interest.
Hola calling her Carlota de Monaco is something I don't see to be upset about. We know how titles etc work, but the average reader doesn't care that much.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 12-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Is Princess Caroline suffering about Charlotte's Situation as Princess Grace did at her Wedding with Philippe Junot
Old 12-15-2016, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte's partners don't have to be princes she is no princess.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:07 PM
Majesty

I don't think anyone in this thread or out-least of all Princess Caroline, expects Charlotte Casiraghi to marry a prince. I strongly doubt Charlotte herself wants to or has ever wanted to marry a prince.

She seems to go for artistic creative types above all.

There is no indication whatsoever that she fancies being thought of as a princess.

But the bare fact is that she lives a highly rarefied, aristocratic semi -Royal life. She is the daughter, the grand-daughter and great grand daughter of princes and has as much a right to call herself one (if she chooses) as anyone else imo.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-16-2016, 02:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Is Princess Caroline suffering about Charlotte's Situation as Princess Grace did at her Wedding with Philippe Junot
Um, this is a good question.
That is the main discussion in forums about Charlotte right now.
Has she totally lost the plot as Caroline did in Junot´s times?
So she is gonna ending up finding a good classical match for her.

I think so.
Not because for any moral reason or anything like that.
But because is the natural thing to do in her social class.

Indeed I have the very pesonal feeling that she did think San Felice was her "Stefano" for this reason she was so happy in the first photos and moments. For this reason also the move with her child etc. I am a little worry for her if I can say this...as I do not known her, I mean I believe this last break up has been very hard for her. I truly believe she wanted to settle down with her Italian partner (as she has or had an audiovisual enterprise too). Like Stefano and Caroline did great business in Monaco. I totally can see remembrances. Also Pierre marrying her italian girl....

I dunno but I tend to think that as almost everybody with the years, she is going to walk less against the wind.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Serene Highness

IIRC, that Town and Country magazine article about the Kellys of Philadelphia quotes their Kelly cousin Chris Le Vine saying Caroline is "dealing with Charlotte and her child," making it sound like it's not the easiest subject for her.

Here's the quote:

"You know, they're doing all right," Chris says, sharing the latest family details. "Caroline's had some hard knocks recently with Ernst. But she's very pleased with Andrea's new bride and her grandson, though she probably would have liked them in reverse. And now she's dealing with Charlotte and her child. And Steph is doing fine. She's had kind of a wild life, but she's very much trying to stay out of the limelight, raise her kids."

From: Grace Kelly in Philadelphia - Grace Kelly's Family Living in Pennsylvania

I found that bit interesting, though of course we're not 100% sure he has the right pulse on this topic.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Majesty

Chris is very very close with Albert. They are more like brothers than cousins. Caroline was close to his sister, the late Lizzie LeVine, when they were in their teens and early 20's.

But I cannot imagine that Caroline is thrilled to be having cousin Chris discuss her personal family affairs in the press, even a tony publication like Town and Country.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:20 AM
Serene Highness

Indeed! That's why I was skeptical. They may be close but I automatically get suspicious of people who talk.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:09 AM
Administrator

The Media and members of the Princely Family

new thread