Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fell in love with Charlotte's dress.Tatiana and Margherita looked amazing too.

By the way i didn't translate it myself, it was Google automatic translation... hence the mistakes. My apologies!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:flowers:Thanks lazuli...Google translations aren't the best but at those who cannot read French could get the gist of it!

Kastalia, I loved Charlotte's gown too! Particularly the neckline...it was perfect all around!:whistling:

Agreed, the Good news is that the Gala must go on, the bad news is that members of the ruling family won’t be there the entire evening. I am divided too. I think that this difficult situation could only happen in a small principality. A larger country would have more royal relations that could step in place of the ruling prince at a gala, should such a sad event occurred before a scheduled ball. They managed the best that they could, given the suddenness of Princess Antoinette’s death. If my great aunt passed suddenly, I would not be in a celebratory mood either; attending the ball must not have been an enjoyable task for the Casiraghi’s . I wonder why the girlfriends of Pierre and Andrea were not attired in all black?

Likely because they didn't have other ball gowns lying around in black. I know they both come from wealthy families, but to find a new black ball gown in a day's time may have been a bit hard. I am sure if they attend the funerals with their boyfriends, they will be in black. Must say loved Beatrice's dress, but Tatiana's was ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Casiraghi trio were amazing!
.Prince Albert &CW, Princess Stephanie and Princess caro were in absentia but the fact that the Casiraghi trio were there to represent the dynasty may say more than what is in appearances alone.Princess Antoinette went to the ball always ; to Red Cross and Rose but rarely was taken or invited outside the principlaity in an official capacity.
Commendations to the Grimaldis in how this was handled and especially those exceptional youngsters the Casiraghis.

Charlotte certainly does have some wide shoulders. Perhaps she has taken up swimming.

The Casiraghi trio were amazing!
but the fact that the Casiraghi trio were there to represent the dynasty may say more than what is in appearances alone.
Commendations to the Grimaldis in how this was handled and especially those exceptional youngsters the Casiraghis.

Agree!

Caroline has raised her children with the deep concience of their obligations towards Monaco. Since they were very young they have always appeared to the official events.

Stephanie has raised her children completely at the opposite site. Fully absents from any official obligation, as if they were not related at all to the princely family.

Agree!

Caroline has raised her children with the deep concience of their obligations towards Monaco. Since they were very young they have always appeared to the official events.

Stephanie has raised her children completely at the opposite site. Fully absents from any official obligation, as if they were not related at all to the princely family.

But they don't have any obligation. Look at the lives Edward and Sophie are trying to give Louise and James. Or how Zara and Peter were raised as well. The fact is Stephanie is no longer the daughter of the reigning prince, but the sister, and one of her children is not even in line for the throne. Stephanie herself took up the cause of AIDS since the death of her father, creating her own foundation in Monaco for it. Considerin her daughters are only 17 and 13, still in school, at least for them it isn't too surprising. Pauline is quite busy, she is actually a junior olympic level diver, she was in the youth olympics in Singapore in 2010.

Caroline on the other hand stands as heir to the throne, until her brother has a child, and her sons after her. She has served as acting princess, hostess for her father and now her brother for years. It makes a lot more sense she would be active, and her children as well.

But they don't have any obligation. Look at the lives Edward and Sophie are trying to give Louise and James. Or how Zara and Peter were raised as well. The fact is Stephanie is no longer the daughter of the reigning prince, but the sister, and one of her children is not even in line for the throne. Stephanie herself took up the cause of AIDS since the death of her father, creating her own foundation in Monaco for it. Considerin her daughters are only 17 and 13, still in school, at least for them it isn't too surprising. Pauline is quite busy, she is actually a junior olympic level diver, she was in the youth olympics in Singapore in 2010.

Caroline on the other hand stands as heir to the throne, until her brother has a child, and her sons after her. She has served as acting princess, hostess for her father and now her brother for years. It makes a lot more sense she would be active, and her children as well.

I do not agree with you. It is not question of rank or being the doughter or the sister of the sovereign, it is question of character. Stephanie never accepted her position, and she participated the less possible in any official event and she decided to raise her children according to her mentality, she never showed them on official occasions, she even not bring them at Prince Rainier's funeral. Ok, Camille was very young but Louis and Pauline could have been there. It was THEIR granfather.

I do not agree with you. It is not question of rank or being the doughter or the sister of the sovereign, it is question of character. Stephanie never accepted her position, and she participated the less possible in any official event and she decided to raise her children according to her mentality, she never showed them on official occasions, she even not bring them at Prince Rainier's funeral. Ok, Camille was very young but Louis and Pauline could have been there. It was THEIR granfather.

Princess Stephanie stated quite clearly in an interview that she knew that her children would never inherit the throne and she decided to keep her children away from most official palace events to protect their privacy. Consequently her children enjoy more freedom from the press that do Princess Caroline's sons and daughters. Princess Stephanie is extremely protective of her children. I do believe that she has accepted her position and is very proud of Monaco as well as supportive of her brother. It is a fair question, why did he children not attend the official funeral for Prince Rainier. I think that there was a private service for the family in the palace chapel.

I have no doubt her children were at the private ceremony. How can you hold it against her she didn't make her kids attend the public funeral? They are little kids, upset over the death of their grandpa. They should be allowed to mourn in peace. Those were kids who were never in the press, weren't used to cameras, it definitely would not be fair to shove a camera in their face while mourning.

Stephanie does support her brother. She is involved in a number of charities in Monaco. She may not be as high profile as her sister but she is there. If she chooses to allow her kids the privacy of no press, the freedom their cousins don't enjoy, she shouldn't be criticized. I think a lot of royal children would like the privacy her kids enjoy. They are so removed from the throne, they are like Zara and Peter, they can have normal lives.

Last edited:
Whether or not children can or should attend a funeral should be left up to the parents to decide. It's up to them to explain death to the kids and determine if they could handle the funeral, and if the parents could handle the kids not handling the funeral well. Maybe Stephanie was grieving so much she didn't want to have to handle or comfort her kids if they had a meltdown too. It should have nothing to do with whether or not the funeral was public, or if the kids have been raised in the public eye.

Time to get back to the topic of this thread, this year's Rose Ball! Thanks!

I like the dress better on Charlotte, perhaps because Charlotte is so stunning she makes almost anything look good?:whistling:

If I had seen that same dress on that particular model first, I would not have been impressed at all, for example.

Both the catwalk model and Charlotte are too thin, though,.:sad:

I like the dress better on Charlotte, perhaps because Charlotte is so stunning she makes almost anything look good?:whistling:

If I had seen that same dress on that particular model first, I would not have been impressed at all, for example.

Both the catwalk model and Charlotte are too thin, though,.:sad:

Charlotte may be thin but she is healthy. Riding is an incredible work out, you may not think so but if you take care of your own horse, and doing jumping as well, takes a lot of muscles and work.

I know that riding is incredible work...I am a great fan.

But I still think Charlotte is too thin....sometimes her head looks almost too big for her body.

She hasn't always been this way.

But I still think she is gorgeous.

^ I think Charlotte's face is beautiful, her body is amazing, but there is something strange when we look at her. I prefered her when she had a more womanly shape (I don't know if these words are correct!) : she is a mediterranean beauty! I don't want her to have Monica Bellucci's body, but Charlotte is not a natural thin woman, she's born to have breasts, hips, to have a woman's body.
That's just my mind, but if Charlotte feels better in a thinner body, it's ok!

^ I think Charlotte's face is beautiful, her body is amazing, but there is something strange when we look at her. I prefered her when she had a more womanly shape (I don't know if these words are correct!) : she is a mediterranean beauty! I don't want her to have Monica Bellucci's body, but Charlotte is not a natural thin woman, she's born to have breasts, hips, to have a woman's body.
That's just my mind, but if Charlotte feels better in a thinner body, it's ok!

She is only 24, she has been maturing from her teen body. Some teens are gangly and skiny, some have puberty weight. She is growing into the woman she will be. Not all people from the Mediteranean have big hips and tits. She is definitely not unhealthy skiny, yes she is skinnier then before, but she is an athlete. She works out a lot, she shouldn't have to eat twice normal, to put on some weight, so she looks more 'mediteranean' for people.

She is only 24, she has been maturing from her teen body. Some teens are gangly and skiny, some have puberty weight. She is growing into the woman she will be. Not all people from the Mediteranean have big hips and tits. She is definitely not unhealthy skiny, yes she is skinnier then before, but she is an athlete. She works out a lot, she shouldn't have to eat twice normal, to put on some weight, so she looks more 'mediteranean' for people.

Right! She SHOULD never be heavy at horse's back, it is very important. And I do not agree she is too thin, she has a delicate figure, she is built like this. He mother also has a thin figure, in comparison with Stephanie whi is heavier, but noone of the two sister is fat, both are thin and healthy.

Oops, I never wanted to say that because she was half italian she has to have big hips and tits! I don't speak english very well and it's difficult to explain what I think. :sad:
I just wanted to say that as an half italian girl, she could be supposed to have a more womanly figure. I find her beautiful as she is, but I think she would be even more beautiful with a little bit of breast, of hips. :)
And according to me, Charlotte's weight is only Charlotte's own business, she has to feel good in her body, that's the only thing that is important! :flowers:

Oops, I never wanted to say that because she was half italian she has to have big hips and tits! I don't speak english very well and it's difficult to explain what I think. :sad:
I just wanted to say that as an half italian girl, she could be supposed to have a more womanly figure. I find her beautiful as she is, but I think she would be even more beautiful with a little bit of breast, of hips. :)
And according to me, Charlotte's weight is only Charlotte's own business, she has to feel good in her body, that's the only thing that is important! :flowers:

Don't worry LovelyKate...you DIDN'T say that she "had to have big hips and tits". ;)

Your English is just great, I understood you perfectly and I agree with you.

RIP Princess Antoinette - the family does appear as if they are conflicted between enjoying the Rose Ball, which Princess Antoinette enjoyed attending, and recognizing her passing - I wonder if the speech Andrea gave was some dedication to her?

Unless you are suggesting she needs breast implants and hip implants, she can't really help it. Small breasts are something people have, its not an issue of weight, cup size. And hips are for the most part about build, how your skeleton is. Some women are born with what midevil times would call 'child bearing hips' and some are not. So she either needs breast implants and hip surgery of some kind, or we'll have to settle for her less 'womanly figure'. It have to laugh that womanly in your mind seems to meet the midevil point of view.

Not all women from called latin countries have a womanly figure as you put it, as not all the women from the northen countries are blue eyed, blond hair and tall, that's just a very deceiving image and was mostly created by hollywood and the media. I'm portuguese, a latin country, and I'm not that 'womanly' and am fair skinned and blonde haired.

Back
Top Bottom