Red Cross Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2019, 2021 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know exactly who Princess Antionette was and who Elisabeth de Massy are. My whole point was missed yet again. I said I missed seeing Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie there. I knew someone would take it upon themselves to tell me that there really is no need for Princess Caroline to be there anymore, because Charlene is now THE Princess. And my rebuttal was if Caroline has no need to be there anymore, why would Elisabeth de Massy? Never said she didn't belong there, never said she was not a part of the family, never said she shouldn't want to be there! The point of my comment was I wish Princess Caroline was there. LET'S MOVE ON NOW! THANKS!

I know exactly who Princess Antionette was and who Elisabeth de Massy are. My whole point was missed yet again. I said I missed seeing Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie there. I knew someone would take it upon themselves to tell me that there really is no need for Princess Caroline to be there anymore, because Charlene is now THE Princess. And my rebuttal was if Caroline has no need to be there anymore, why would Elisabeth de Massy? Never said she didn't belong there, never said she was not a part of the family, never said she shouldn't want to be there! The point of my comment was I wish Princess Caroline was there. LET'S MOVE ON NOW! THANKS!
I understood what you meant perhaps its that non-American's don't get what we mean sometimes. I think it is also a problem in translation.

In the early years of Rainier and Grace's marriage, it is pretty well documented that the relationship between Princess Antoinette and the first couple were poor which may explain why Antoinette did not attend so many Galas during this time - although later, her attendance was pretty much guaranteed until ill health overtook her. Caroline attended all of the balls (I think) once she was old enough to do so while Grace was alive, and Stephanie also attended - although of course she was still very young when Grace was alive. So I don't think the fact that Albert now has Charlene, although obviously a factor, should be the reason why the rest of the family appear to have "downgraded" this event.
Not downgraded, just moving on. I was surprised to see Princess Charlene's brother in the group picture, the one with the de Massy family. In the past, this type of picture was only for the Grimaldi family. However, apparently changes are occurring in Monaco with the marriage of Prince Albert to Charlene. Probably they will occur slowly and not all at once. The changes of attendance at this ball could be just coincidence that all of Caroline's family are on holiday and Stephanie’s family are at the Olympics or it could be intentional.
Has any announcement been made as to why Stephanie pulled out having been stated as attending? Although I think the comparison with the Grace years of the ball is perhaps becoming irrelevant, what I think is relevant is that members of the immediate family are turning up in less numbers, and I wonder why Caroline's family have never really attended. I know they support the Rose Ball, but the Red Cross Ball is meant to be THE event of the social calendar.
Princesses Caroline and Stephanie have been attending for many many years. It seems as if one sister attends, the other does not. This is work for them and now that Princess Charlene is in the family, the duties of the Princesses seemed to have changed a bit. As for the children of Princesses Caroline and Stephanie, perhaps attending these functions is not really that much fun, otherwise they might have been there.
I think Princess Charlene looked very beautiful! And she and Prince Albert seem to be happy and content! However the ball is not the same without Princesses Caroline and Stephanie, esp Princess Caroline. She brings glamour to the ball. I know people will say, there is no longer a need for her to be there, since Charlene is now married Prince Albert. In response to that....then why are Elisabeth de Massy and her children there instead?!?!
Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie have, for decades, been the focal point of attention at various Monaco galas. It may be a relief to not have to attend. Keep in mind; it may not be that pleasant to be the center of attention at these events.
Maybe because they wanted to be there.
Exactly right, the Grimaldis that attended wanted to be there. Monaco's noble family usually does what they choose to do.

Last edited:
Perhaps this quote will help. "Caroline has said. " If I was to much of a presence, it would be ghastly for Albert's wife." Page 441 of Once Upon a Time Behind the Fairytale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J Randy Taraborrelli.

Personally I'm not expecting to see Caroline or her children as much at these events.

Princess Caroline and princess Stephanie do not like to attend to the balls.
Caroline attends the rose ball she is the patron of the rose ball, she attends the national gala at the national fest. She attends rarely at the balls in Monaco. She atttends no more at the gala of grand Prix where she went some years ago.
Stephanie attend to the fightaids balls and she does not attend other galas even the national ball.
I think it is not pleased to attend these balls without a partner and to be alone.

Does anybody know when Red Cross Ball will happen this summer?

One of the things I like about the Grimaldis is that there seems to be a pretty evenly balanced sharing of responsibilities. Caroline has her area of intellectual and artistic pursuits, Charlene's territory seems to be high fashion and sport. Both Caroline and Charlene espouse humanitarian causes. The Casiraghi and Ducruet offspring, along with Princess Stephanie, make periodic appearances to brighten things up. And of course Albert performs his regular duties as Head of State.

But unless it's a big, serious family occasion like a funeral or wedding they rarely if ever all appear at the same time.

One of the things I like about the Grimaldis is that there seems to be a pretty evenly balanced sharing of responsibilities. Caroline has her area of intellectual and artistic pursuits, Charlene's territory seems to be high fashion and sport. Both Caroline and Charlene espouse humanitarian causes. The Casiraghi and Ducruet offspring, along with Princess Stephanie, make periodic appearances to brighten things up. And of course Albert performs his regular duties as Head of State.

But unless it's a big, serious family occasion like a funeral or wedding they rarely if ever all appear at the same time.

Red Cross Ball is an occasion whwre they all appear, I think.

Stephanie hasn't attended the Red Cross Ball in recent years, and Caroline's children have yet to attend. The one occasion when everyone habitually attends is the National day celebrations in November.

This year's Red Cross Ball will be held on 2nd August.

Red Cross Ball - August 2, 2013

This is the thread dedicated to the Red Cross Ball 2013.

It will take place on Friday, August 2, 2013 at 8.30 pm at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club.

For the 65th edition famous Italian singer Eros Ramazzotti has been asked to perform.

The thread will be opened as soon as the event approaches!

Enjoy and happy posting!

Perhaps this quote will help. "Caroline has said. " If I was to much of a presence, it would be ghastly for Albert's wife." Page 441 of Once Upon a Time Behind the Fairytale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier by J Randy Taraborrelli.

oh i saw that statement now.. after one year..!
what a snob quote of Caroline. Sorry, but something mean came out of it, IMHO.

I can't wait to see if Charlotte and Gad will be there. I would be very disappointed if they are absent.

^^^^
Wouldn't it be unusual for Caroline's children to attend the RC Ball?

In this annonce, the palace said that prince Albert and princess Charlene will attend. When princess Caroline or princess Stéphanie attend to a event, the announce announes also her presence, but they never announce the presence of their children.

perhaps there will be Andréa and Tatiana, they were very present this last time at the galas as the love ball and at events as fashion show or the grand prix race.

For Charlotte and Gad, I think that Charlotte will be not present during a lot of times at the events of Monaco as tatiana when she was pregnant of her son. it is not very well for a land whose the catholic religion is the religion of state. but we could have a surprise friday evening.

I can't wait to see if Charlotte and Gad will be there. I would be very disappointed if they are absent.

I wouldn't count on that Rominet09. Firts of all, the Casiraghi siblings never ever attend the Red Cross Ball. Then, there is all these rumors and gossip around Charlotte. I don't think she wants to expose herself to public scrutiny, pregnant or not. Finally, from the anounce posted on the Palace webpage, we can deduce that P. Caroline won't attend the ball. Now, what sense would it make for the Casiraghis to attend the event if even their own mother won't be there??? :ermm: :whistling::ermm:

Just looking at last year's official announcement from the Palace and Caroline wasn't mentioned as being in attendance but she was there, so we can hope there will be other members of the family present too.

My ideal Red Cross Ball:
1) Both Caroline and Stephanie attend
2) At least one of the Casigraghi trio attend with their partner (would also be happy if Pauline or Louis attend instead)
3) Each of the Royal ladies wear at least one significant Grimaldi jewelled item
4) Caroline isn't dressed in a Chanel gown (by that I mean Lagerfeld) Added bonus if he isn't pictured at her side.
5) Charlene isn't dressed in an Akris gown
6) None of the Royal ladies wear black/beige/white
7) There's a good representation from celebrities under the age of 70

Pipe dream?

I loved the gala of last year, it was perfect and I think it will be as big than the one of the last year.

There are more and more people at this most important event in the year. and it is the most important thing for the Red Cross. with its charity around the world. No need personalities known by the entire world and now there are many rich people like russian, italien french business men who are more known than singers or actors.

The director of the gala said in an interview on the Monaco Matin that now they can have singers who are more modern than the other years, last year the groupe Scorpions came at the big pleasure of the people who came to this gala, this year it will be Eros Ramazotti and for the ball the DJ Bib Sinclair , he said that there is more and more people who come to this gala.

Firts of all, the Casiraghi siblings never ever attend the Red Cross Ball.

Pierre attended the Red Cross Ball in 2006. But I also doubt that any of the three Casiraghi sibblings will attend the ball this year.

I wouldn't count on that Rominet09. Firts of all, the Casiraghi siblings never ever attend the Red Cross Ball. Then, there is all these rumors and gossip around Charlotte. I don't think she wants to expose herself to public scrutiny, pregnant or not. Finally, from the anounce posted on the Palace webpage, we can deduce that P. Caroline won't attend the ball. Now, what sense would it make for the Casiraghis to attend the event if even their own mother won't be there??? :ermm: :whistling::ermm:
You must be right, unfortunately (LOL):sad:Thank you for having me put right. No useless hopes at last !!!!

Princess Grace would be so disappointed in her family.

Why do you think ,so? Albert is happy and married to a nice young lady and the others have not made headlines in years. It is her family, you love them.

You might want to check out the last interview Grace ever did, the one with Pierre Salinger. Its on Youtube and in it she was pretty clear in expressing her opinion of those who claimed to know what she thought or felt about anything. I believe she used the words "How dare they..."

You are right, NGalitzine, I can't speak for how Grace would feel about her family.
As Countess says, she would love them as they are her family. I would put it that she would love them in spite of their behavior, Albert, Charlotte, and Andrea having children without getting married. Or perhaps Grace would have thought that was OK, as she seems to have been a free spirit.

As this is a thread about this year's Red Cross Ball, posts about Princess Grace's past have been deleted - please stay on topic of this thread - thanks!

Back
Top Bottom