Monaco's succession issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will Sacha be legitimized as potential heir to the throne after the civil or the religious wedding?

Yes; that is how the succession laws work and now Caroline's grandson will reign unless Charlene decides to get pregnant and give birth.

And after which wedding? The civil wedding or the religious wedding?

After the civil wedding, this is the legal wedding. The religious is just a ceremony.

According to the Catholic Church, it's just the opposite. For it's members, the solemnization of one's vows is what binds you in marriage, the civil ceremony alone does not count at all.

If Tatiana and Andrea marry only civilly, their child will remain illegitimate according to Roman Catholic canon law.

But a civil ceremony will be enough to get Sacha into the Succession.

Last edited:
Yes; that is how the succession laws work and now Caroline's grandson will reign unless Charlene decides to get pregnant and give birth.

Until she decides to get pregnant? What a snarky comment. Pregnancy isn't always something you can just decide to make happen, for some women it's literally a battle and I think your comment is extremely inconsiderate :nonono:

There is no worst thing than the pressure on a couple to have kids! and of course this pressure goes more to the woman. CPcs Letizia had the same pressure to have kids, people were whispering about her being sterile, etc etc, and finally they had 2 lovely daughters!
When Charlene and Albert are ready and if the Nature/God decides, kids will arrive!
And if not, no big deal, Albert's sisters took good care to give to Monaco a lot of heirs!
In our era, people do not marry ONLY to have kids.

Last edited:
I do not thing that if the couple does not have kids, it will be blame for anyone. We are in a modern country, and Monaco is not Japan.
After Albert, there is already 2 adult & one baby male heirs and 2 females.
In Belgium, then Kings Beaudouin and Fabiola, did not had kids. There was no blame for anyone, they were adored by their people, and the throne just passed to his brother.
By the way, does Pcs Alexandra have rights to the Monaco throne?

I read somewhere (although I'm not sure about it) that Alexandra have rights to the throne if she is raised according to the catholic religion because she is in line to the british thone as well. I had doubts because if she was anglican she would have been "cut out" (Don't forget she is the prince of hanover's daughter)... But then I saw her at her uncle's wedding taking (not sure it is the right tem) the holy communion so she is catholic and in line to th throne!:)

Alexandra has been raised protdstant. If she changed after to catholic, i do not know.

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!

Someone mentioned on here that PA is attending the Catholic school in Monaco.

I don't know! I thought she was protestant too but the holy communion is a sacrament of catholicism... And I'm sure I saw her taking it during the pricely wedding

I wonder will Charlotte or Her Brothers receive titles upon marriage?

I wonder will Charlotte or Her Brothers receive titles upon marriage?

It doesn't appear as if Andrea has, so I doubt Charlotte or Pierre will. If they make the move to give the Casiraghi's titles then it's likely to be seen as Prince Albert saying that he doesn't expect to ever have legitimate children.

There seems to be a lot of speculation about whether or not the pair will or even can have children (owing to ages, health, etc), but personally I don't see any reason to doubt that they plan on having children at some point - on their time and under their terms. While there are factors that may inhibit their reproductivity, the fact is that older men have been fathering children for a long time and older women having kids is becoming increasingly common, especially among the rich and famous.

I think it's significant to note the behaviour of the Casiraghis in general too. Andrea had a son out of wedlock, Charlotte is now pregnant and may not be in any rush to wed herself.

The way Andrea treated the birth of his son - with minimal pomp and circus, and without officially realizing the name or any christening information - makes it seem as though he considers himself to be a private citizen (albeit one from a wealthy background with very public family connections), and not a future monarch. That to me indicates that the Casiraghis aren't really in a rush to become the top dogs, and are expecting that Albert will father the future of the line.

Andrea 's marriage and the birth of his child made virtually no headlines. Something tells me he wants it that way.

I don't know! I thought she was protestant too but the holy communion is a sacrament of catholicism... And I'm sure I saw her taking it during the pricely wedding

The Hanover boys took communion at Prince Rainiers funeral yet they are still Lutheran.

The Hanover boys took communion at Prince Rainiers funeral yet they are still Lutheran.
I may be wrong but I think that at that time, the Hannover boys were already adults and they probably were already "confirmed" as protestants. (In my church, we do it once we reach the age 16) but Alexandra is a child and I don t think she was confirmed back then.
Do someone know if a lutheran child can take communion ?

Personally, the sense I've always gotten about the Casiraghis in general is that they're happy to be rich, but could take or leave some of the fame and aren't rushing to be royal. While royalty is a bit different in Monaco, I've never really gotten the sense that Andrea is in all that much of a hurry to be the top gun, so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone in the family wants the job. Princess Caroline said in an interview that they were raised that Monaco came first and their personal lives were secondary. "Duty, obedience, guilt."

(...)
Personally, the sense I've always gotten about the Casiraghis in general is that they're happy to be rich, but could take or leave some of the fame and aren't rushing to be royal. While royalty is a bit different in Monaco, I've never really gotten the sense that Andrea is in all that much of a hurry to be the top gun, so to speak.

Nor I. It seems he is happy to be a socialite. (Wealthy and respectable socialite of course ) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone in the family wants the job. Princess Caroline said in an interview that they were raised that Monaco came first and their personal lives were secondary. "Duty, obedience, guilt."

Funny; none of them are involved in Monaco in any way and none of them are looking too dutiful.

Andrea married the mother of his child , under Monaco and French law, his child is Legitimate!

Well, the next so many years are going to be interesting.

Funny; none of them are involved in Monaco in any way and none of them are looking too dutiful.

i have a feeling Pierre did a couple of official Monaco representations in the last months? He seems to have a knack for it, not that that changes anything succession-wise :flowers:
I agree that judging from what we see from the Monaco princely family, i don't think anyone there is doubting that P.Albert will have legitimate offspring in the future

You're wrong Aristocat. Andrea has been working in the Paris and London Monaco embassies for the last 2 years. Charlotte gives interviews to magazines (outside of France it seems they are all thru Conde Nast eg.Vogue, Vanity Fair) and mingles with the art, fashion, acting and horse worlds. She helped Edwina Alexander get a contract with Gucci and the next thing I read Edwina is using Monaco as her permanent residence. Monaco has been very successful in attracting athletes and entertainers to live in and visit Monaco. Pierre is also starting to be seen a lot more. He has gone on several trips with PA in the last year or two. The Casis are more involved that you think, but they are subtle about it. Just because its not reported in the press, it doesn't mean they aren't doing anything.

I dont' know if this is the right thread: I just wanted to ask if Caroline's children and Stephanie's ones are titled (princes/princesses) or not... Because I can't understand... Nobody calls them "Prince Andrea" or " Princess Pauline". And if they aren't how can they be heirs? I remember Albert and his sisters have been "Prince and "Princess" since their childhood though...
Thanks

I dont' know if this is the right thread: I just wanted to ask if Caroline's children and Stephanie's ones are titled (princes/princesses) or not... Because I can't understand... Nobody calls them "Prince Andrea" or " Princess Pauline". And if they aren't how can they be heirs? I remember Albert and his sisters have been "Prince and "Princess" since their childhood though...
Thanks

Princess Alexandra of Hanover is the only child of Caroline's with a title/style,her other 3 children and all of Stephanie's kids are not titled .Caroline & Stephanie are Princesses as they were born the daughter of a Sovereign Prince (Rainier III) and are now the sisters of one (Albert II).

Princess Alexandra of Hanover is the only child of Caroline's with a title/style,her other 3 children and all of Stephanie's kids are not titled .Caroline & Stephanie are Princesses as they were born the daughter of a Sovereign Prince (Rainier III) and are now the sisters of one (Albert II).
Thanks. But how can the children be heirs if theypre no titled? And why aren't they? was it their parents's decision?

Back
Top Bottom