Monaco's Crown

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If for some reason the Grimaldis decided to introduce a set of regalia/crown jewels it would be interesting to see what a modern crown might look like. I always wondered what would happen if the British crown jewels were destroyed to oblivion (goodness forbid) whether they would be remade in exactly the same design or a new set created!

Luckily, Britain has two sets - the English one and the Scottish one :)

Britain is the only country in Europe which still uses the Crown Jewels at a Coronation.

Judy Balabine Quine

In the fantastic book authored by Judy Balabine Quine "The Bridesmaids" she says that Monaco does not have an official crown.That Grace told her bridesmaids so. Also she allows you to understand that the Grimaldis are like high patricians of the first rank and order and this the reason for the HSH. Pls correct if I am wrong.
This has always bewildered me like everyone else.

I wonder was there ever a Princely Crown or a Princely Funeral Crown and if it was possibly lost during the French occupation during the Revolution?

So all the small countries of Europe have no crown? Luxembourg ( sp) Lieichenstein (sp) I believe that HRH-HSH-HIH-HM- all equals royalty when a head of state requires a courtesy as a bow or curtsy from his subjects---They should own a crown!! JMO

Actually, Liechtenstein has a crown but Belgium doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom