The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Gentry

I was just wondering if someone could tell me if any of the grimaldis have a home (or homes) in the United States; I think in the early years of Grace and Rainier's marriage they had a mansion in New York or sumthing...Im not sure though

Old 04-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
Rainier owns The Palais de Prinse in Monaco, The Chateau de Marchais at the base of the Ardennes, Roc Agel in France near Monaco, a luxury NY apartment, a luxury Paris and a vacation home in Jamaica that I know of. He also has numerous other properties as investments. Caroline and Stephanie each own seperate homes outside of Monaco.

Old 04-17-2004, 03:49 AM
Courtier

I don't think Albert is gay. I do, however, think he is certainly bi-sexual. He is too well known in Paris' homosexual set and the "leather bar" scene (as Marlene calls it) for him not to also like men. But, that doesn't really matter does it.

I don't think Albert is serious with Alicia. He is too often scene with other women. Als friends say his only real relationships have been with women the press have never known of. Besides polvolter as Princess of Monaco?
Old 04-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Commoner

I totally agree with you concerning Alberts choice on his future bride. I believe he will be discreet as Prince Felipe was. Smart choice, don't you think!
Old 04-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Nobility

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=nl&....gossip.royalty
If you go down a bit someone talks about a book where it said that albert has a daughter named Jasmine Grace. Has anyone else heard about her.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Commoner

Do you think he can fall madly in love with a woman and marry right away?
After all his preparation I think he would love to have children to inherit the trone.
I don´t think he will be very glad to see Andrea as his sucesor.
By the way,I don´t see Alicia as the future princess of Monaco
Old 04-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Nobility

i gave a bad link b4 this is what i, wanted to post

Hi, I am new here. However, I would like to comment about Prince
Albert. I read in a recent book about the Grimaldis that he fathered
an illegitemite
daughter whose name is Jasmine Grace. From what I read, she looks
like her grandmother, Princess Grace. Maybe Albert feels a little
guilty if this is true. He has no contact with the child. It may
bother him to marry and father more children. JMO. Also, I don't
think he is really interested in getting married; Caroline's children
conveniently relieved him of this responsibility.

Tammy

I've read about this girl as well. If she is Albert's daughter, and was ever
acknowledged as such, she would effectively become his heir, because the
Monegasque inheritance laws allow the princely title to descend to an
illegitimate child.

I would assume this is why he has refused to acknowledge her, if indeed she
is his daughter.

Gillian
Old 04-18-2004, 01:58 AM
Courtier

The book would be by John Glatt...........

The child in question is Jazmine Grace Rotolo Grimaldi the daughter of Tamara Rotolo. Tamara shot herself in the foot with her insane actions with the hope of any support from Albert.

I would also point out that the time of Jazmine's birth would have made her date of conception some 2 months before Tamara was in Monaco......meaning conceived prior to her ever even meeting Prince Albert.

However, Albert did make himself look rather guilty during the trail. He has had several paternatity suites against him...........none of them have panned out to be his children.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:03 AM
Courtier

The current laws that govern the right to the Princely Throne do NOT allow for inheritance of title, rank or position for illegitimate children. This is why the youngest child of Princess Stephanie has no succession rights to the Throne.

I assume the case you are thinking of is that of Princess Charlotte (Rainier's mother), and the laws were different then. Princess Charlotte was the natural illegitimate child of The then Hereditary Prince of Monaco. As he had no legitimate heirs she was first adopted then legitimated and allowed into the Princely Family via decree. It was her adoption that gave her rights. She never reigned - Rainier followed his grand father to the throne.

The laws of succession have been changed since John Glatt wrote his book.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:45 AM
Courtier

Grace had co-operated with the making of this movie while she was alive. I saw it and I rather enjoyed it. Grace picked Cheryl to play her. I personally think that Cheryl wasn't beautiful enough to play Grace.

I am also not one of those people who think that Gwenyth Paltrow is even remotely similar to Grace Kelly. Grace got famous in her own right did more than 10 people know who Gwen was before Brad Pitt. And, she isn't as beautiful or elegant as Grace. I scoff and the comparisons.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:02 AM
Nobility

a wedding scene from the movie..

http://207.137.168.225/U2103124-7.jpg
Old 04-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

whoa... for a second when it was first coming up i thought that was really grace!!! lol ha ha
Old 04-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 2:45 am
Grace had co-operated with the making of this movie while she was alive. I saw it and I rather enjoyed it. Grace picked Cheryl to play her. I personally think that Cheryl wasn't beautiful enough to play Grace.

I am also not one of those people who think that Gwenyth Paltrow is even remotely similar to Grace Kelly. Grace got famous in her own right did more than 10 people know who Gwen was before Brad Pitt. And, she isn't as beautiful or elegant as Grace. I scoff and the comparisons.
I think it depends "which" Grace are you going to compare with them. If you are talking about the "produced" Grace in the shots for Rear Window, she really "beat" those women by far. But if you compare with the "not produced" Grace during the beggining of her adulthood posing with the Kelly family, she's "beated" by far. Well, that's my opinion.

By the way, there was another movie about her. The name is something like "The murder of Grace Kelly". I don't think it's that name exactly but it's something similar. It's a very "gossip kind" movie.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Courtier

I think Grace was simply divine since she reached her midteen years. She was a classic beauty even while she was at Stevens.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:32 AM
Nobility

And here's the real wedding scene where Rainier slips the ring on Grace's finger.

http://207.137.168.225/6dy0xl1t_guest.jpg

http://207.137.168.225/Image16.jpg

if we compare it to the above picture of Cheryl Ladd in the same scene, notice how far behind Cheryl is in the 'poise' category. Look at how poised Grace is (considering that Grace's was a spontaneous act, and not film acting)

I agree with you Lalla Meriem. For me, Princess Grace is close to perfection.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by renats+Apr 22nd, 2004 - 10:36 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (renats @ Apr 22nd, 2004 - 10:36 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lalla Meriem@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 2:45 am
Grace had co-operated with the making of this movie while she was alive. I saw it and I rather enjoyed it. Grace picked Cheryl to play her. I personally think that Cheryl wasn&#39;t&nbsp; beautiful enough to play Grace.

I am also not one of those people who think that Gwenyth Paltrow is even remotely similar to Grace Kelly. Grace got famous in her own right did more than 10 people know who Gwen was before Brad Pitt. And, she isn&#39;t as beautiful or elegant as Grace. I scoff and the comparisons.
I think it depends "which" Grace are you going to compare with them. If you are talking about the "produced" Grace in the shots for Rear Window, she really "beat" those women by far. But if you compare with the "not produced" Grace during the beggining of her adulthood posing with the Kelly family, she&#39;s "beated" by far. Well, that&#39;s my opinion.

By the way, there was another movie about her. The name is something like "The murder of Grace Kelly". I don&#39;t think it&#39;s that name exactly but it&#39;s something similar. It&#39;s a very "gossip kind" movie. [/b][/quote]
I disagree. If you are going to compare the &#39;produced&#39; Grace (as you termed it) to the &#39;produced&#39; Gwenyth/Cheryl/other women, I think Grace &#39;beat&#39; those women by far. And if you&#39;re going to compare the &#39;not produced&#39; Grace with the &#39;not produced&#39; Gwyneth/Cheryl/Other women during the beginning of their adulthood too, I think Grace still &#39;beats&#39; them by far.

All of us go through a stage in life where we were not in full bloom. Just my opinion
Old 04-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein+Apr 23rd, 2004 - 3:46 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nouwrein @ Apr 23rd, 2004 - 3:46 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by renats@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 10:36 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Lalla Meriem
Quote:
@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 2:45 am
Grace had co-operated with the making of this movie while she was alive. I saw it and I rather enjoyed it. Grace picked Cheryl to play her. I personally think that Cheryl wasn&#39;t* beautiful enough to play Grace.

I am also not one of those people who think that Gwenyth Paltrow is even remotely similar to Grace Kelly. Grace got famous in her own right did more than 10 people know who Gwen was before Brad Pitt. And, she isn&#39;t as beautiful or elegant as Grace. I scoff and the comparisons.

I think it depends "which" Grace are you going to compare with them. If you are talking about the "produced" Grace in the shots for Rear Window, she really "beat" those women by far. But if you compare with the "not produced" Grace during the beggining of her adulthood posing with the Kelly family, she&#39;s "beated" by far. Well, that&#39;s my opinion.

By the way, there was another movie about her. The name is something like "The murder of Grace Kelly". I don&#39;t think it&#39;s that name exactly but it&#39;s something similar. It&#39;s a very "gossip kind" movie.
I disagree. If you are going to compare the &#39;produced&#39; Grace (as you termed it) to the &#39;produced&#39; Gwenyth/Cheryl/other women, I think Grace &#39;beat&#39; those women by far. And if you&#39;re going to compare the &#39;not produced&#39; Grace with the &#39;not produced&#39; Gwyneth/Cheryl/Other women during the beginning of their adulthood too, I think Grace still &#39;beats&#39; them by far.

All of us go through a stage in life where we were not in full bloom. Just my opinion [/b][/quote]
I agree that in the "produced" pictures she beats them by far. In the promotion shots for Rear Window she was simply amazing. But I do think that Grace was quite unattractive in most of her teen and early adulthood pictures. I never saw "not produced pictures from the other 2. Do you have links for their teen and early adult years?
Old 05-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Nobility

What is the Municipality/Royal family managing well?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:06 AM
Nobility

I think Monaco does a great job of attracting & marketing high profile events.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:49 AM
Commoner

i think the most right thing with monaco is the older inhabitants demanding that someone in charge keep up the traditions & heritage in spite of... gotta remember... the older people of that region are really très parochial... and... they want to keep that heritage more than they want too much more change too quickly... the old-timers really don&#39;t want the corporate or &#39;club med&#39; image to overshadow their past... there&#39;s something to be said for heritage... justa thought...

totally... marianne...
criminal law next yr. @ harvard...