Enthronement of H.S.H Prince Albert II - July 12, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Char was beautiful, but i don´t like the dress, she looked pregnant and her shoes are for go to the beach.
Caro was perfect for me

Simon thank you so much for sharing your story with us!!:) ;) I could only imagine what a super party you had yesterday!

Those photos are just GREAT! I love all the photos, specially when I saw that hug little Camille gave to her uncle..so sweet..and her hair done in "Monaco" style..:p ..and the others photos..

Loved that little anegdote of Alexandra and Camille..Albert's singing..Who danced with who..

Thank you very, very much!:) :)

I can't believe the mcpress.free.fr already had the pictures up... it usually takes them FOREVER to update their site...
IMO everyone looked beautiful... but I agree Charlotte should have at least had a little bit of a heel...

Thanks for the story Simon (when i posted before i only see the pics u posted)!! You are lucky for been there!
I don´t like Steph outfit, it was too normal. Camille was cute as Alex. I don´t like Pauline´s clothes and hair. Buuuuuut Louis was sooo handsome, he really grown up. Anyway, Andrea still being the most beautiful for me, and Pierre is prettier he looked so nice with Char...The Grimaldi kids are the most beautiful!
Char...she is gourgeos, and her clothes weren´t so ugly as i said before but her shoes aren´t nice.
Caroline is great as always!
Finally is wonderful see the family united...(although i couldn´t whatch it, couse i was all day travelling yesterday.
Thanks for the pics to everyone!

Why was Pauline's hair pulled back so tightly?

Alexandra's dress with the flowers on the skirt was beautiful.

Caro's skirt was gorgeous, and I liked the top, but the top but wasn't very flattering on her I thought. And the big brooch clipped to the front of her blouse is stunning, but it was so heavy it pulled the top askew (ah, too have jewellery heavy with diamonds!). Lovely makeup and hair.

I think Charlotte looked beautiful (as always), loved the color and the goddess cut (though, yes, in some pictures it doesn't flatter her midriff). And yes, I agree, a little heel would have looked better.

Thanks for the anecdotes, it really personalizes the event and the people.

I wonder what the kids hear at home that they automatically put together reporters and the need to be afraid (or not be afraid)? Esp Alexandra, whose father is famous for his short temper and bad behavior with reporters.

Hey Simon...thank you for the story of your day. JP ( you know him) talked about more or less the same impressions....

Some more pix:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 222
  • a23.JPG
    a23.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 274
  • a27.JPG
    a27.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 179
  • a29.JPG
    a29.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 172
  • a30.JPG
    a30.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 228
  • a36.JPG
    a36.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 247
  • a37.JPG
    a37.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 242
Piewi said:
Char was beautiful, but i don´t like the dress, she looked pregnant

I'm glad you brought up Charlotte's dress. I thought she looked pregnant in it too. It would be a great dress for Letizia or Mary who are really pregnant but it gives CHarlotte a belly that she really doesn't have.

Caroline was the epitome of royalty in her outfit at the mass. The hat, the gloves, the pearsl and the long jacket was just perfect.

Stephanie looked like she was going to a casual party at a friend's garden rather than a celebratory mass for her brother who was formally taking his place as the head of Monaco.

Why didn't Albert wear one of his uniforms for this occasion? His suit seemed rather plain and boring. I think one of his uniforms would've made the ceremony more formal and some pomp and ceremony.

ap3 said:
I wonder what the kids hear at home that they automatically put together reporters and the need to be afraid (or not be afraid)? Esp Alexandra, whose father is famous for his short temper and bad behavior with reporters.

Maybe it is related to the fact that there was a huge number of cameras, photographers..so for the child who is shy and not used to it in every-day life (who can it be?) can be scary in some way..and then parents in order to calm down the child maybe said; you don't have to be afraid of them..or they won't hurt you..Alexandra and Camille are still little girls and no matter how famous they are/their parents it can be unpleasend experience for them..

I won't say more then this but I was told in a private conversation the party afterwards was amazing and everyone had a lot of fun.

P.S. If you read my post don't fuss at me I didn't give my inside source's name. That's our secret. :D

Cool. So secretive. Thanks, everybody for the photos. I was looking for one of Charlotte where you see a full view, et sans watermark, and now I see that it did not get any better. Well, she certainly glowed but that may be the wrong word for the moment. Mary and Letizia are glowing now too but for different reasons. :) That being said, she is still a beautiful young woman. She certainly takes after her mother who was her ever stylish self yesterday.

We´re so happy, Uncle Albert

some pics from corbis....

Attachments

• 42-15527606.jpg
    42-15527606.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 42-15527612.jpg
    42-15527612.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 42-15527613.jpg
    42-15527613.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,781
  • 42-15527623.jpg
    42-15527623.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 42-15527630.jpg
    42-15527630.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 42-15527650.jpg
    42-15527650.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 42-15527674.jpg
    42-15527674.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,734
Now that's the way to have a coronation!:)

simon said:
Thanx all of you for the great pictures.:)

The last ones you posted Michelle are really cool.

The party was amazing yesterday :cool: .... I had a lot of fun with my whole family...and with the whole of Monaco.
The officially reception in front of the palace was super cool. We all had champagne. I could talk to some of the family. Andrea ( who's around my age told me how proud he is ( we all are :p ) and that he's looking forward to some days with the family. The two little ones where playing on the canonballs with other children and Alexandra said to some cameraman: " I'm not afraid of you"...and Camille giggled: " No, we're not afraid"
Louis and Christian were sitting on a table almost all of the time eating cake :p :) .
Stephanie looked awsome ( hehe:p) and Caro was gorgeous...as well as Charlotte.

At night the whole family and us we were walking down to the port. Beatles songs were played. It was really really great. Albert held dome funny speach ...and said at the end , as everbody was still singing ,: " I'm not going to sing a song for you now ( and everybody screamed)...maybe later....or maybe Stephanie will. Do you remember the lyrics of 'Comme un ouragon qui passait sur moi.... ?"( he tried to sing the line :D - and eveyone was screaming loud)

The rest of the night they were walking through the streets with us, more they were dancing. As they played' Wake me upbefore you go go' Louis danced with Charlotte and Steph with Pierre.

I went to bed at 5.30 am ......:)

Dennism said:
Cool. So secretive. Thanks, everybody for the photos. I was looking for one of Charlotte where you see a full view, et sans watermark, and now I see that it did not get any better. Well, she certainly glowed but that may be the wrong word for the moment. Mary and Letizia are glowing now too but for different reasons. :) That being said, she is still a beautiful young woman. She certainly takes after her mother who was her ever stylish self yesterday.

We´re so happy, Uncle Albert
You should know me by now Dennism I don't reveal everything I know. Just a great night of dancing etc. but I told him I didn't get an invite to the ball. :( Poor Cinderella stayed in rags all night. Should have used my Sure and Calgon to take me away.

LadyMacAlpine said:
You should know me by now Dennism I don't reveal everything I know. Just a great night of dancing etc. but I told him I didn't get an invite to the ball. :( Poor Cinderella stayed in rags all night. Should have used my Sure and Calgon to take me away.

Yes, true. Yes, you should have received an invitation. No chance to impress Albert. No Royal Albert ball for you unfortunately. :(

Dennism said:
Yes, true. Yes, you should have received an invitation. No chance to impress Albert. No Royal Albert ball for you unfortunately. :(

Just got in from work. Don't you two leave me out! Don't forget, you two are my guest of honor at the wedding!!! :)

Dennism said:
:D hehehe:D Big grin and blushing I prefer to have private dances under the moon light with little white lights in the garden sipping champagne and looking in to his blue eyes. I do plan to be in Monaco November 19 for the next one unless Mom gets sick again.

More from Corbis:

"I prefer to have private dances under the moon light with little white lights in the garden sipping champagne and looking in to his blue eyes."

Yes, sounds like a marvelous night for a moondance!

More photos from Corbis:

Lady MacAlpine, ask Albert if he remembers a certain Delta flight attendant that he just about drove crazy calling and bugging after somehow sneaking and getting her phone number after a flight. After she told him OVER AND OVER that she was in a relationship and was not interested! Talk about bothersome! Not everybody is interested in someone just because they are a "prince"! And no, he DID NOT CARE that she was engaged. There is much more to this "prince of a guy" than the public sees, TRUST ME. ;)

More photos from Corbis. I love Caroline´s expression in the 9th photo:

michelleq said:
Just got in from work. Don't you two leave me out! Don't forget, you two are my guest of honor at the wedding!!! :)
What are you talking about I'm the one with a kid who needs a Dad. Since its not likely I could have another sounds like a ready made family to me. If others can talk about fashion and hair cuts for the boys should be okay to give Albert a hand on the next step in his life down the isle. Dennism can hold him in the wheel chair while we tie him up and push him down the isle. Who wants to play Dad with a shot gun? Lets see his offical enthronement state affair is November 19 that leaves about a month to get hitched afterwards I need another tax deduction.

It honestly seemed to be a good day in Monaco from my message one of fun after such a sad loss of Rainier and the other. It was much needed by Albert the family and the people of Monaco.

PS great photos

More from Corbis:

I was disappointed....by the whole thing....just not quite right....couldn't say why...

Back
Top Bottom