The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
^^^^^
CNN.com had the story up from Friday-Sunday, and it was on the live broadcast as well.
__________________

__________________
  #422  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,664
I live in the U.S. and have read several reports. Also, 2 TV news stations here in NYC had short stories on it when it first happened; nothing since then though.
__________________

__________________
  #423  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
T

But there is ofcourse an investigation as always is the case after avalanges in which people fall victim one way or the other,it is NOT as if Florian Moosbrugger is a criminal or even suspected in any which way.It is a normal procedure.
Austria is a country with a free right of way. Avalanches are considered to be Force Majeures but even if there is danger in an area you have a right to enter - at your own risk! You are informed of said risk through official warnings, but that's it. You are still allowed to go off-slope and nobody but you yourself is responsible if something happens. Of course if a tourist follows an official guide or scout or is with a ski instructor, said person takes over a certain kind of responsibility, but even then an avalanche is considered Force Majeure.

Florian Moosbrugger, by all accounts, was with the prince as his friend, not as his guide, so he has been responsible only for his own person.

But there have been cases when avalanches were artificially caused by people and others were hurt, plus it is the duty of police to investigate any life threatening accident in order to check if false play was involved. That's standard procedure, nothing out of the ordinary.

And no, I don't think the investigation by the Austrian police would be any different if not a foreign prince and a local entrepreneur were involved.
__________________
  #424  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,025
Thanks for the reports. My family and I don't go electronic on weekends or holidays. There was nothing in our local newspaper. I'm glad it got reported.
__________________
  #425  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:40 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Todays the RVD issued a message in regard to Prince Friso's condition:
no change in the critical condition of Prince Friso.

News - Het Koninklijk Huis
__________________
  #426  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Thanks for the reports. My family and I don't go electronic on weekends or holidays. There was nothing in our local newspaper. I'm glad it got reported.
I have not seen a single report in any U.S. media outlet. I'm not surprised, but you'd think as a member of the Royal Family, there would be one line somewhere. If anyone has seen a mention in the U.S. let me know. Thx.

You are not reading news media but are asking the other posters to find out for you? It would have taken less time to google for the news than to post a question here.
__________________
  #427  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Todays the RVD issued a message in regard to Prince Friso's condition:
no change in the critical condition of Prince Friso.

News - Het Koninklijk Huis
At least he lives. Let's hope his condition is stable enough soon for the doctors to try and pull him from his coma. But things like that need time as time is the greatest healer of all.
__________________
  #428  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Noor Mariam's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Posts: 309
Lucien, thanks a lot for keeping us updated !!
Prince Friso is everyday in my prayers.

Regarding the little princesses Luana and Zaria, I read in some media that they are now in London ...Is that true ??
__________________
  #429  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:53 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Lucien, thanks a lot for keeping us updated !!
Prince Friso is everyday in my prayers.

Regarding the little princesses Luana and Zaria, I read in some media that they are now in London ...Is that true ??
The daughters of Prince Friso and Princess Mabel are Countesses,not Princesses Noor Mariam.They,the family,does live in London yes.
__________________
  #430  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I have not seen a single report in any U.S. media outlet. I'm not surprised, but you'd think as a member of the Royal Family, there would be one line somewhere. If anyone has seen a mention in the U.S. let me know. Thx.

You are not reading news media but are asking the other posters to find out for you? It would have taken less time to google for the news than to post a question here.
Thank you for your comments, no matter how dour or snitty.
__________________
  #431  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,773
I don't even bother Googling, I come here for my information since you certainly get more news on the thread than in the U.S. media. Between the European coverage and the great posters who translate and update for us, the details are more current.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #432  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,834
The spokesperson for the attorny generals office in Feldkirch says that the research can take several weeks. These kind of investigations are standard for these kind of accidents:
Geen nieuws over Friso, lawineonderzoek duurt nog weken - Prins Johan Friso bedolven onder lawine - VK

Onderzoek naar lawine Oostenrijk kan weken duren :: nrc.nl

The investigation will not focus on the service that tried to clear the slope earlier that morning. The ski route stayed opened, dispite the hightened chance of avalanches.

-------------

The reporter of the Telegraaf had a conversation with the replacement of Mr. Moosbrugger:
Familie Moosbrugger wil rust - Binnenland | Het laatste nieuws uit Nederland leest u op Telegraaf.nl [binnenland]
He says that both the royal as the Moosbrugger family want 'rest & quiet'. He also adds that the staff of the hotel is very concerned for the fate of both families. The atmosphere in Gasthogf Post was described as 'sad'.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #433  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Noor Mariam's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
The daughters of Prince Friso and Princess Mabel are Countesses,not Princesses Noor Mariam.They,the family,does live in London yes.
Oh yes, thanks again for your explanation and sorry because of my mistake.

Yes, I know the family lives in London, but I thought that maybe the little ones were still in Austria with the rest of the family. I supose that they have duties at school in London.
__________________
  #434  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Washington, D.C., United States
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Yesterday the Prince of Orange had a little incident with the press as they again,came to close to the children and he said;"Don't you have any decency at all ? "..There had been a request on sunday to not photograph the children anymore,some of the pulp boys didn't think much in doing excatly that,so the Prince was furious.In what normally is a relaxed family holiday,due to the accident there is a barrage of press at the door of the Hotel Post.So each and every time one goes in and out flashlights almost blind you.The senior members of the RF accept even that to an extend,but not ofcourse when HM grandchildren are involved.
I feel bad for the children, but the prince should have known this would happen.

If he didn't want the children to be photographed and followed, he shouldn't have brought them to a public place where the media is covering a dramatic, breaking story about the family. The children would have been left in peace at home or on vacation elsewhere with friends.

Again, I'm not saying the media is right, nor do I think that frightening children is a good thing ever. But, if the prince is that concerned, he can move the children out of the spotlight and end the problem very easily.
__________________
  #435  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Oh yes, thanks again for your explanation and sorry because of my mistake.

Yes, I know the family lives in London, but I thought that maybe the little ones were still in Austria with the rest of the family. I supose that they have duties at school in London.
Everybody is still in Austria AFAIK. Zaria and Luana were supposed to start school again yesterday and were not planned to be part of the cancelled photoshoot. A lot will depend how the situation will evolve, but it is quite likely that several public engagements of the family in the near future will be cancelled or perhaps 'taken over' by Princess Margriet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel
If he didn't want the children to be photographed and followed, he shouldn't have brought them to a public place where the media is covering a dramatic, breaking story about the family. The children would have been left in peace at home or on vacation elsewhere with friends.
At this point the family probably wants to be together. And the best way to keep Zaria and Luana occupied is probably to let them play with their cousins.

I understand the PoO's irritation. He has shown it before on many occassions but in this case I find it more understandable. Of course he just gets the opposite reaction as intended": more camera lenses/journalists to follow the incident instead of the AP journalist leaving him alone.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #436  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,869
When is it likely when they might bring him out of the coma? What would it depend on?
  #437  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
When is it likely when they might bring him out of the coma? What would it depend on?
Depends on the prognoses,and that is not due before this friday,or this weekend,not sooner I'm afraid.It might take a while longer,if at all possible for the coming week.At present the situation is such that regaining consciousness is not an option.

Btw,the agenda for the coming week is still intact,no cancellations by HM or the other Members of the Royal Family.But that might change,and if,everyone will understand ofcourse.
__________________
  #438  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:01 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Depends on the prognoses,and that is not due before this friday,or this weekend,not sooner I'm afraid.It might take a while longer,if at all possible for the coming week.At present the situation is such that regaining consciousness is not an option.

Btw,the agenda for the coming week is still intact,no cancellations by HM or the other Members of the Royal Family.But that might change,and if,everyone will understand ofcourse.
I thought he would've been woken up from the coma 72hrs or so.
Im sure the events will be cancelled, last minute changes in the calendar.
  #439  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:07 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 2,709
Call me crazy, but I have a strong feeling, that Friso will recover soon. I don't know why, but there is something in me which tells that there will be a positive "happening" at the end of the week.

Sorry, that this was not a news, but wanted to share my thoughts!
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #440  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Call me crazy, but I have a strong feeling, that Friso will recover soon. I don't know why, but there is something in me which tells that there will be a positive "happening" at the end of the week.

Sorry, that this was not a news, but wanted to share my thoughts!
I have a feeling that he will be fine after the long wait for recovery. Sometimes the long wait doesn't always mean bad, it can also mean good. Nobody knows what can happen. Anything can happen in a second.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
accident, health problems, prince friso, princess mabel, queen beatrix


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]