Prince Louis Will Become A Father!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drimal

Nobility
City
Belvaux
Country
Luxembourg
I have some very important news for you, an article I found today in my newspaper Luxemburger Wort (therefore I start a new thread;) ):

Announcement from Lord Chamberlain:

Offspring on royal court
First grandchild of the Grand Ducal couple
As the Grand Ducal Lord Chamberlain announced on Wednesday, Prince Louis and his girl-firend Tessy Anthony are expecting a child in spring of next year. The young people are a couple for over a year now, but don't want to marry soon. The parents of the prince and his companion are giving assistance to the upcoming parents, as it was announced further on.
Prince Louis is the third son of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. He celebrated his 19th birthday on 3d August. The younger brother of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Prince Félix finished his education this year on a secondary school in Switzerland. The offspring will be the first grandchild of the Grand Ducal couple Henri and Maria Teresa.

Josefine said:
so any info on the girl?

It was a well-guarded secret! I guess it was an accident.;)

There have been rumours about Felix becoming a father in July in this forum; perhabs that was the story of Prince Louis and some people have misunderstood something.;)

Below a picture from Prince Louis and his companion Tessy Anthony:

Attachments

• 22092005princebig1.jpg
    22092005princebig1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,539
shocking ! I wish this young couple all the love and best guidance trough this pregnancy and upcoming birth of their first child.Gosh, I didn't expect this kind of royalty news today....

Oh God! Well......it happens. I hope that everything will be o.k. with baby and parents and their future :)

Btw. what about right of succession this un-birth child?

Oh my God! They are so young...
I wish them all the happiness of the world.

Whoaaa..I cant believe this, Prince Louis is just 19 and so young to start a family.. :eek: :confused:..I've heard there are no marriage plans yet,so the child might be born out of wedlock ( and no title??),..I wonder what the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess thought about the situation..I mean this thing happens to anyone, but they are a royal family..Anyways, just wanna send my warm wishes to the future parents and grandparents.. :) :)..

Last edited:
hmmmm, interesting. perhaps the names got mixed up and it really wasn't felix after all. kinda shocking though considering louis' age. i wish them all well. goes to show you, ppl are ppl, royalty or not. thanks for the link drimal.

Oh my god,that´s a strange news!I´m 19 myself and I can´t imagine to have a baby soon. Does anyone know how old the mother is?

i believe she's 20. still quite young to be having a baby. i wonder if they'll get married later on, a la prince jean and helene vestur? wonder how gd jean is reacting and what j-c would say? she's probably rolling over in her grave.

Last edited:
Silly silly couple, it's not easy to have children when you're not yet a real adult yourself. Their young carefree lives are over now, and it won't be easy, a child is a huge responsability.

Wow he is young and his first child. Grand Dukes Henri and Grand duchess Maria Tereas be grandparents. Grand Duke Henris father is Jean 84 year great grandfather.Royal family on four generationer 2005/06.Three generations:Louis,Henri,Jean is living on three generations 2005 year....become baby his first great grandchildren.

To be honest: It will be much easier for them to upbring the baby so young as for normal people.They don´t have to care about the money,their house.they will have nannies if they need and so on. So you can´t compare it to normal people who gets a child in the age of 19/20.Fortunately it seems that also his parents will support them and are looking forward to be grandparents after the first schock.:)

This news certainly comes as a surprise. They're so young. He's only a little bit older than me, and he's going to be a father. It's going to be really tough on them, but I'm sure they will have lots of support from their families and friends.

Congratulations to the future parents!! :) I'm sure they will have many persons supporting them.
Anyway I think they should marry, I know they are both young, but I think it would be the best for them and for the baby.

Regina said:
Congratulations to the future parents!! :) I'm sure they will have many persons supporting them.
Anyway I think they should marry, I know they are both young, but I think it would be the best for them and for the baby.

Oh, I'm not sure. If they marry for the baby without being sure they would have marry if the baby hadn't be here, it's too much pressure to put on a new born to be the "cause" of his parents's marriage.

I am shocked!!!

The Luxembourg Royals appear to be a modern family, and it's glad to see the young couple has the support of their parents. They will need all the love, money, and guidance that any parents-to-be need. I imagine Tessy Antony will now be a celebrity in Luxembourg.

:eek:

Well at least they will not face the tremendous financial pressure that comes with having a child at such a young age.

Josephine-Charlotte's ashes are probably spinning around in her urn ;)

In www.rtl.lu, is a link in the called tv:place royale, but I don't see none, you can tell me if you have seen some video of place royale at some time, by the way, in the date 21 of September of the 2005, there is a video and it leaves that of louis a little.
The truth, is that it has surprised me, I cannot believe it that the prince Louis is father, so young, and the Dukes are very young to be grandparents, if they will be it in March, it will be of 3 months, then the family will already know it for already 2 months,
But are not they planned to not marry?, then they will live each one in their respective houses and after the birth it will already be seen,

Oh god, I'm only a year older than Louis and I could never imagine myself having a child at this point in my life. Nonetheless, congratulations (depends on how the both of them view it) to the couple.

*insert sound of Kara's jaw dropping*

Wow. I mean, just....wow.
Uh, congratulations? I hope he realizes what a huge step this is in his life, and that he's pretty young to be taking it. :(

I think that it takes a lot of maturity for a 19-year-old and a 20-year-old to stand up for their actions in such a manner. There are "easier" ways out of the situation, that many others their age might have taken if they had found themselves in the same situation. Accepting and acknowledging their actions by keeping the results, says to me that they are adults who are aware that sometimes actions have serious consequences, and are willing to face that.

I've been told that raising a child is never easy, and I don't think that is something that is different whether you are 20 or 30 when you get them. These two have the support of their families, and each other.

I suppose all that is left is wishing them the best of luck.

Apparently, Tessy Anthony has been in Kosovo with the Luxembourg army. I post a picture (I put a red bar on her) and a text in German. Those who can speak the language, please do a summary.

Source

Nach vier Monaten Friedensmission kehrten am Donnerstagabend die 23 Luxemburger Teilnehmer des Kfor XIII/15-Kontingents aus dem Kosovo zurück.
Eine Woche früher als geplant hatte man sich am 17. März dieses Jahres in den Kosovo begeben müssen, um die dort stationierten Soldaten der Luxemburger Armee bei den schlimmen Unruhen vom 15. März zwischen Albanern und Serben zu unterstützen. Die 17 freiwilligen Soldaten und sechs Vorgesetzten der Kfor XIII/15-Truppe waren in Mitrovica im "Camp Belvédère" untergebracht, von wo aus sie der Bevölkerung Hilfeleistung boten, Patrouille fuhren und für die Sicherheit sorgten. Bei ihrer Ankunft auf Herrenberg am Donnerstag wurden die Soldaten von ihren Familienangehörigen sowie den beiden Lieutenants-Colonels Gaston Reinig und Roland Bombardella empfangen.
In seiner Begrüßungsansprache dankte Gaston Reinig den Soldaten für ihr freiwilliges Engagement, welches sie auch dann nicht in Frage stellten, als die Situation im Krisengebiet zunehmends gefährlicher wurde. Auch den Familienangehörigen galt der Dank des Lieutenant-Colonels für die wichtige moralische Unterstützung der Soldaten aus der Heimat. Die letzten Dankesworte galten dem "Etat Major" sowie den Ausbildern der Kfor-Mannschaft auf Herrenberg, dank deren Hilfe die Friedensmission unter den bestmöglichen Bedingungen hat stattfinden können.
Dem Kfor XIII/15-Kontingent gehörten an: Erster Leutnant Georges Campill, Adjutant Frank Schintgen, die Sergeanten Frank Antony, Jean-Claude Betz und Steve Van Hille, Caporal Joseph Rinnen sowie die freiwilligen Soldaten Laurent Adam, Tessy Antony, Joël Back, Mike Berkes, Jonathan Charpentier, Christian Colbach, Vincent Corti, Dan Dillenbourg, Andy Ewen, Steve Guelff, Pascal Koenig, Dany Nahrgang, Mike Petesch, Georges Praus, Gordon Simon, Gilles Weidert und Sacha Weckering.

Attachments

• news168-1.jpg
    news168-1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 755
norwegianne said:
I think that it takes a lot of maturity for a 19-year-old and a 20-year-old to stand up for their actions in such a manner. There are "easier" ways out of the situation, that many others their age might have taken if they had found themselves in the same situation. Accepting and acknowledging their actions by keeping the results, says to me that they are adults who are aware that sometimes actions have serious consequences, and are willing to face that.
QUOTE]

I completely agree with you.

Something about the third child.....remember, Prince Jean had a baby out of wedlock too [although he was not as young as Louis]. Must be a middle-child thing in that family.
I feel bad for him.....maybe I'm just cynical, but I'm picturing hasty marriages and divorce papers, and the loss of a right to the throne. Of course, they could be madly in love. But how likely?
They also could have been a bit more careful.

suturegeisha said:
Something about the third child.....remember, Prince Jean had a baby out of wedlock too [although he was not as young as Louis]. Must be a middle-child thing in that family.
I feel bad for him.....maybe I'm just cynical, but I'm picturing hasty marriages and divorce papers, and the loss of a right to the throne. Of course, they could be madly in love. But how likely?
They also could have been a bit more careful.

H! My thoughts exactly. If someone wanted to be very, very cynical though, one might think that by getting pregnant the girl has ensured herself a slice of that 5 billion € fortune of Henri's... It's also kinda sad in a sense that the child will always weight down the mother, but have little effect on the future of Louis himself. As long as they are not married and he in custody of the child (for some reason I'm thinking the kid-to-come as a boy), he will have the same freedom as always. Let's just hope his siblings have learned something :eek:

And oh, best of luck for all of them.

-Lisa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom