The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Nobility

I don't mind men wearing the same suit and tie to every function. Just as long as suit and tie are clean.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

But they aren't wearing the same tie all the time. The comment was that someone had noticed that Prince Guillaume and his brother wear the same tie between them- as in, the same pattern not the same tie ALL the time. If you have a favored accessory that looks good why not wear it often?

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Gentry

I don't think I said that they swap ties Nitey (but quote me if I did) What I said was that they each wear their own tie frequently Felix more than Guillaume though. Guillaume's tie is a baby blue one with some kind of chain-looking design, but to his credit he also wears a yellow one with stuff on it. Felix on the other hand wears that baby blue/pink stripped little number like a uniform.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Gentry

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think he might be remotely interested in either of the Thurn und Taxis sisters? I'm only stimulating conversation! They seem pretty edgy in dress and style but they seem very private as is HGD for being such public figures. We don't hear many ramblings about any of their escapades. They are "publically" Catholic and I understand that HGD Guillaume would be rather inclined to date a Catholic. Unless of course they may already be dating other people privately. I know that HGD Guillaume is perceived as being a bit conservative but it may be possible that they may share some common interests. No need to worry about finances as both families have rather large amounts money of their own. Just putting the thought out there...

MM
Old 10-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

Smile

I don't think he is. He would've got that a long time ago. They are an obvious choice and I don't know he may want to steer away from royals as far as marriage material.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Aristocracy

In terms of genetics, the royals at this point are such a small gene pool it might be a very wise idea to stay away from ANY other royalty in order to thin out the potential of all the genetic diseases that are passed down. Think of all the inter-marrying they have done in the past to other royal families. I'm sure in some way they are all really related to one another.

I've heard of one too many royals in history who were born with hereditary diseases...like the six children of the Duke of Parma who were mentally retarded, or the various royals we have heard about who have hemophilia in history.

Marrying outside the royal families might not rule out a hereditary disease but limiting the gene pool in my opinion would definitely greatly increase the chances. After all there are only so many royal families out there. Even nobility... they are not exactly creating MORE nobility at this point.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think they should be too worried about getting inbred kids, but the bad thing about there being so little royals (bad for the royals, not for us) now is that most of them have less of a chance of actually liking each other romantically because of the small selection. I mean, there's so much more chance that Guillaume will meet a nice girl who isn't nobility (though she could likely be upper class) and hit it off with her.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Nobility

I've heard that Queen Victoria (who lived not too long ago) was the grandmother of many royals (across Europe). And that was after some intermarriage had already decreased the gene pool. I (a commoner) avoid dating my relatives and royalty should avoid it too, at least until the gene pool is a little more dilute. I'm not surprised the young royals don't often marry each other these days.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Royal Highness

The last one I remember is Pia Haraldson. I might be behind the times but I really don't remember any other serious flames of his since.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Nobility

Well it appears he hasn't had a girlfriend in a very very long time indeed but any posts questioning his sexuality are censored (meaning deleted) and that will happen to this post too. Just adds fuel to the fire if you ask me. What really amuses me is how everyone make silly excuses, talking about secret gfs and discreet romances
Old 11-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Nobility

I think that it is quite possible that he could have (or had) a discreet romance with someone, but I find it mare possible that he just hasn't been dating anyone.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

There's also the possibility that any girls he was interested in weren't interested in return simply because he is a prince or for any of a number of reasons I could think of. I know I would be leery of even dating a prince simply because of the politics involved...not to mention all those people watching!
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

I can't figure out how the Lux. family can manage to keep such a low profile esp. regarding personal relationships, compared to other royal families in Europe who get hounded by the press! I think that's an advantage for Guillaume as it's easier to conduct a relationship without having the paparazzi breathing down your neck. I'm thinking the most likely scenario with him is somewhere in the middle range of the opinions listed here - he hasn't been dating the whole of Europe, nor has he been living like a monk - most likely he's been seeing / is seeing 1 or 2 people quietly, maybe for only a short time, that we're not aware of. JMO.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Aristocracy

Your Choice - Possible Hereditary Grand Duchess

There is a thread in the British forum about preferred wives for William and Harry so I've been wondering about this question with regards to our elusive Luxembourger Prince Charming.

Supposing you have the power to pick a bride for Guillaume. Besides the obvious choice (yourself), who do you think would be a possible candidate for the role of Hereditary Grand Duchess? What would be positive factors for the hypothetical relationship, and what barriers exist to prevent it? I think we need a shopping list, yes, to help us make a choice?

Ok, to start,

Possible candidate: Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Positives: She's close to his age. She's a princess so she already knows how to behave in a royal setting. She's beautiful, which is always a plus because you don't want to make the tiaras look bad. She is, I believe, active in a number of charitable causes, the usual princess stuff. A Luxembourg-Sweden connection would be excellent for diplomatic relations between the two countries. And we haven't had a good Royal (capital 'R' Royal) wedding to watch on telly for too long now.

Barriers: Her boyfriend. But let's pretend he doesn't exist. Also she's not Catholic, but I don't know how important that will be.

I'm sure all of you here who are more knowledgeable than me on royalty will be able to think up even better candidates!
Old 12-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Nobility

That will be very stupid question. Can I vote on myself?
Princess Madeleine? No, no, no! They will be ridiculous couple. Let's them make best choice!
I wonder - what about Felix? Why we didn't know any girl he met? So hot guy!
Old 12-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Nobility

He seems to be normal person. I like him becouse he doesn't look like great prince who's someone better but someone like...us. Not someone who says:
Me: Nice to meet you, Guilliame.
He:PRINCE Guilliame, your stupid idiot.

I hope.

If I met prince William I would feel very shy. So famous, so high (ughh...), so glamorous - no thanks. G. wears normal clothes, had acne, he's not so tall. My friends said: What? Is he prince? I don't believe! :)
Old 12-21-2008, 11:50 AM

Hello everyone :)

I am just curious. In all honesty what type of woman would he be expected to marry? I mean like would she have to have a first class education, come from a rich family? All of this royalty stuff is so interesting haha. And I really don't want this to come out wrong but will his future wife have to be ummm caucasian? Once again... just curious :p Isn't Princess Angela the only dark skined royal. I would like to believe that skin colour wouldnt matter nowdays but royals seem to be traditional types of people. Very set in their ways. Haha and about the education thing, I went to a normal public school which was rather craptacular. Would his future wife have to be one of those fancy type women that can speak like a several different languages? Ehhh and would she have to dress all conservative like? I personally would hate that a bit. Not that I dress like a skank or anything haha it's just that I like feminine/sexy dresses :) And I wouldnt like being told what to wear. And I'm not to into facinators unless I'm off to the races lol. Ohhh jeez, I have just realized that I went on a massive rant. So sorry. Haha also just real quick if anyone actually replies to this I would be sooo happy lol I dont think I've posted anything before. I just read everything lol.
:)
Old 12-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJane View Post
Hello everyone :)

I am just curious. In all honesty what type of woman would he be expected to marry? I mean like would she have to have a first class education, come from a rich family? All of this royalty stuff is so interesting haha. And I really don't want this to come out wrong but will his future wife have to be ummm caucasian? Once again... just curious :p Isn't Princess Angela the only dark skined royal. I would like to believe that skin colour wouldnt matter nowdays but royals seem to be traditional types of people. Very set in their ways. Haha and about the education thing, I went to a normal public school which was rather craptacular. Would his future wife have to be one of those fancy type women that can speak like a several different languages? Ehhh and would she have to dress all conservative like? I personally would hate that a bit. Not that I dress like a skank or anything haha it's just that I like feminine/sexy dresses :) And I wouldnt like being told what to wear. And I'm not to into facinators unless I'm off to the races lol. Ohhh jeez, I have just realized that I went on a massive rant. So sorry. Haha also just real quick if anyone actually replies to this I would be sooo happy lol I dont think I've posted anything before. I just read everything lol.
:)
Honestly I can say he must not marry a selective kind of woman ! He will marry a woman he loves about or her social importance !
Old 12-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Well that would cause an uproar in the US!
I ran into a woman who claimed she was a Lady in her own right and that the land that connected with the title was in New York (from before New York was a British colony. She was serious too and rather insulted I didn't believe her automatically. (Then again, she was rude and seriously unpleasant to start with.)
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Courtier

As I beleive Royals should marry Royals there are a coupkle of Princess That I think are syitable.
Princess Marie Theresia or Princess Elisabeth of Thurn und Taxis
Princess Alice of Bavaria
Archduchess Veronika of Austria, Princess of Tuscany
Countess Fernanda of Toerring-Jettenbach.
They would need to be Catholic as the family are very devout Catholics.

Closed Thread

Tags
hereditary grand duchess, hereditary grand duke guillaume