The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Gentry

I didn't know Pia Haraldsen was Norway's Paris Hilton. I just thought she was rather tasteless sometimes...I'm getting a new impression of Guillaume, as the kind of guy who dates party-girls and Hilton types. But that would make him extremely good at keeping up appearances.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering there has only been one pic of him clubbing ever, I don't really think he is any sort of a playboy.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Considering there has only been one pic of him clubbing ever, I don't really think he is any sort of a playboy.
But if, as has been discussed in other threads, that there are strict laws in Luxembourg about the media following the Grand Ducal family around or the general world media not being interested much in this family, it could mean that Guillaume does go to clubs, but just doesn't have the misfortune of being photographed going in or out of them the way William and Harry have entering or leaving London pubs and bars.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

But there have been paparrazzi pics of him outside of Luxembourg.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Gentry

The paparrazzi photos of him and Pia were taken, I believe, outside of Durham university.
Or are there others?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think there are just those few.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Gentry

Its good that they have laws in luxembourg that protect the royal family from press intrusion....
Old 05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyAllison
The paparrazzi photos of him and Pia were taken, I believe, outside of Durham university.
Or are there others?
Was it Pia who was attracting the attention or Guillaume? I ask, because some one else noted how little attention this family gets ...even when Louis publically confirmed he would be a father. Pia on the other hand seems to get a lot. Maybe Guillaume's mistake was dating a girl too much in the public eye already. Perhaps his other girls are not as noticeable.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLily
Was it Pia who was attracting the attention or Guillaume? I ask, because some one else noted how little attention this family gets ...even when Louis publically confirmed he would be a father. Pia on the other hand seems to get a lot. Maybe Guillaume's mistake was dating a girl too much in the public eye already. Perhaps his other girls are not as noticeable.
She was a nobody until she started dating him. After they broke up, she bascically made a career out of being his ex-girlfriend. It's so silly.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even though the family does not recieve that much attention, she recieved even less attention before dating Guillaume.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Wasn't Pia, Queen Sonja's relative? So whom is he dating now?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Wasn't Pia, Queen Sonja's relative? So whom is he dating now?
She is Queen Sonja's great-niece once removed [Queen Sonja's nephew married her mother- Pia was born from her mother's first marriage].
And to our knowledge he's still single. :)
Old 05-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think Pia would have made it past Parlament. There's a special stipulation with some royalty and I was informed that Luxembourg has the stipulation. That if the decendent in line for the throne wants to propose to their girlfriend or boyfriend, the one being proposed to has to be okayed by parlament before they even get an engagement ring.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Gentry

It also has to be ok'd by Grand duke Henri.....
Old 07-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

that girl is one in a million. but being in that million may or may not be good
Old 07-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Serene Highness

He is man, so if she hasn't got a personality... I think, her body. By looking on new pictures of her she looks like fashion model- but with ugly face.
But as someone has told: "Love id blind."
Old 07-11-2006, 03:27 AM
Aristocracy

OMG! She's such a clueless idiot! How can he even still be friends with her? Joining a religion just because it's "fashionable" is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Unfortunately if she died her hair dark brunette she would look like one of my sisters. I'm not joking. I hope he finds someone a lot smarter.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:04 AM
Gentry

Pia is a disgrace to norwegian people everywhere.
How could she talk about her relationship with Guillaume to the press like that.
The girl has no shame,
She truly is a paris hilton in the making...
Old 07-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with you grandempressxx- if she was truly in love with him, so she wouldn't talk about their relationship. Unfortunately, I heard she has told to press more about their relationship. She told them every detail.
And no doubt, it hurt Guillaume very much...
http://www.spirit.no/feature/artikkel.php?id=2357
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=4100295
http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2002/10/23/351972.html
Old 07-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Gentry

What do those last three links say?

Tags
hereditary grand duke guillaume, relationship