Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that when William and Kate for engaged there were those who said he was forced to marry her because they dated so long. And sometimes when a royal couple doesn't date for long we question if they really know each other and are completely sure. I remember being shocked she I learned how short a time Mette-Marit and Haakon dated.
We will never know for sure until the end if the couple was really in it for the long haul no matter how long they were together prior to an engagement.

Wedding date is set for saturday october 20th.
So after that of Imre and Kathleen; I am waiting now for the date of Christoph and Adelaide's wedding!

Looking forward to the wedding:) Anybody know where i can find the web site to the royal family of Luxembourg? Thanks

I really hope that Count Philippe de Lannoy will be in good heath and will be able to assist his youngest daughter’s wedding in the cathedral of Luxembourg.

I really hope that Count Philippe de Lannoy will be in good heath and will be able to assist his youngest daughter’s wedding in the cathedral of Luxembourg.
But in case that count won't be able or in good health to help her walking down the aisle, will it be Stephanie's eldest brother to assist the bride?

Yay! I'm excited! October 20 - not too far away :)

:previous: Thank you, stephanievl! Delightful photographs.

I do not know French but would like to see a translation of the Luxembourg royal website could someone post the translated version or tell me what to do to get it translated.

Belated CONGRATULATIONS to the happy couple! :fireworks: :heartflower: :heart1: :coach:

So glad Guillaume will be marrying within his own circle and his own kind, as it's a rarity nowadays, a long lost tradition. Great to see it make a comeback with his upcoming marriage to a person of the nobility.

May they live a long and happy fruitful life with lots of kids, just like their parents. :cheers: :valentine1:

A couple of very decent. The ring is beautiful.

I got a thank you card of the couple today.

How did you manage that? Where did you send your congratulations?

I have to confess I have truly been charmed by her in a very unexpected way. Curiously, some of her engagement pictures made her seem older than her years, especially the red dress did that, and the bad lighting for the other. Yet in the evening event when she was dressed in neutral colors and in a very simple, elegant way, one could again see how very young she really is, and sweet. There is something 'extra' about her - very charming. :flowers:

120427 Guillaume Stephanie Familie Luxembourg.mov - YouTube

Can someone translate what Stephanie is saying at the end of the video in the interview? What is amusing that is being said - everyone is laughing.

She was asked by a reporter if she has already started to learn the Luxembourgish language. She responds that, yes, she has started... and that she has a private tutor (pointing to Guillaume). That causes everyone to laugh.

Last edited:
Already an answer ? I sent a card the day after the announcement and I cross my fingers in order to receive an answer too !

To be honest it had to be nice to be dating and no one knew. Then the world knows and you take center stage. Lets not fool ourselves in thanking we would take center stage and be perfect at it. Who cares what we thank of him or her it is their happiness that matter.
Great post and I agree that it nice that the couple had time and privacy to get to know each other.

I see the wedding is set for Oct.20th. That is a Saturday. Is it noral for royal weddings to be on Saturdays or is that only something smaller countries with a monarchy do?

If I remember correctly the wedding of the current Grand Ducal couple Maria-Teresa and Henri took place on Saturday Feb14, 1981.

And the recent Swedish and Monagasque Royal weddings took place on Saturdays as well(in Albert of Monaco's case the civil ceremony was on the Friday evening preceding Saturday's Nuptial Mass)

I think it's mainly Britain that celebrates it's Royal weddings on weekdays.

If I remember correctly the wedding of the current Grand Ducal couple Maria-Teresa and Henri took place on Saturday Feb14, 1981.

And the recent Swedish and Monagasque Royal weddings took place on Saturdays as well(in Albert of Monaco's case the civil ceremony was on the Friday evening preceding Saturday's Nuptial Mass)

I think it's mainly Britain that celebrates it's Royal weddings on weekdays.
The other recent royal Wedding which was on a weekday was that of Frederik and Mary in 2004 which took place on a Friday but all the other danish royal Weddings took place on Saturdays.

i wonder when they will release pictures of Stephanie when she was younger to the press. cant wait to see her in her youth days!!!

Wort.lu published personal family photos of Stephanie's childhood last week at the link below.

Wort.lu - La comtesse Stéphanie ouvre son album de famille

Oh my - how cute is this! Those eyes! Too cute! LINK: http://tinyurl.com/6tyzafn

Then she grew a bit. LINK: http://tinyurl.com/87dmkww

And became a lovely young lady. LINK: http://tinyurl.com/6v3t8xp

Then a university student. LINK: http://tinyurl.com/7aswbfv

And voila! a bride-to-be! Link: http://tinyurl.com/89q2ubg

P.S. Isn't it odd, though, that her nose in #3 does not look like the nose in #5. How strange is that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom