Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Courtier

congratulations to Guillaume and Stephanie

Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Two more photogalleries

Luxemburgin perintösuurherttua Guillaume Hereditary kihlautui | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi ** Engagement Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Countess Stephanie de Lannoy - Dutch Photo Press

Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

One more video - shows the family very briefly at the beginning preparing to pose for the formal indoor portrait - lots of warmth - Maria T vibrantly laughing and Stephanie's mother smiling over, checking on her daughter.

Then the 'long walk' to the cameras - daunting prospect - take a deep breath, Stephanie. :-) It seems the brothers came out with umbrellas because of the rain - gallant of them but probably not planned. All in all, quite charming. Luxumbourg has reason to be pleased imo.

120427 Guillaume Stephanie Familie Luxembourg.mov - YouTube

LATER: Can someone translate what Stephanie is saying at the end of the video in the interview? What is amusing that is being said - everyone is laughing.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I think what was meant is that Stephanie is hardly that much in need of money to go for an arranged marriage.
Personally I don't see this as an arranged union; Prince Guillaume looked very much in love and while Stephanie was more reserved, that was probably due to nerves.
My thoughts exactly.

I just saw that some people from Lux seem rather worried about this union. I believe the most important quality is work ethic and Stephanie has that. She just doesn't seem to be the sort or person who would complain about the load of work or who would demand a monthly vacation after having worked for 4 days in a row. Yes, other Princesses are greater beauties, but some of them have been lazy or greedy or cold towards people, even though they were born commoners. I repeat: it's a very good thing that Stephanie understands her role and position and what is expected from her. Never underestimate this.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Royal Highness

Fully agree.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Courtier

I adore her ring. Anyhone know if the stones have a history
Old 05-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Just give her time, then she may becom emore relaxed with the media and the attention as well....
BYe Bine
Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy

Why are some of the people from Lux worried about this union?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
My thoughts exactly.

I just saw that some people from Lux seem rather worried about this union. I believe the most important quality is work ethic and Stephanie has that. She just doesn't seem to be the sort or person who would complain about the load of work or who would demand a monthly vacation after having worked for 4 days in a row. Yes, other Princesses are greater beauties, but some of them have been lazy or greedy or cold towards people, even though they were born commoners. I repeat: it's a very good thing that Stephanie understands her role and position and what is expected from her. Never underestimate this.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy

Are there "before engagment" fotos of Stephanie availiable for the public?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's the only picture I could find of Stephanie before the announcement.

She's quite pretty in these shots; her skin is flawless.

http://i50.tinypic.com/w9i4jb.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/16lgzk6.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/35jky06.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/imndeg.jpg
Old 05-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Here's the only picture I could find of Stephanie before the announcement

http://i50.tinypic.com/w9i4jb.jpg
What a lovely picture! Stephanie looks really pretty there.
Thanks for sharing dbarn67.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayarena View Post
Why are some of the people from Lux worried about this union?

A poster from Lux finds Stephanie cold and even talked about 'aristocratic arrogance'. IMO, there's nothing more refreshing than a true aristo, who also has an aristocratic aura and bearing and who also knows how to carry herself. Besides, this doesn't necessarily mean that Stephanie will look down on the people of her new country. We're going to have to wait and see, of course...
This is why my other point was that there are Princesses, who were born commoners, that have been truly arrogant and haughty towards the people.

She looks very cute in the above photo indeed!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Although our opinions about Stephanie are different, the supporters are doing the same thing as the dissenters: looking at photos and videos and coming to a conclusion. None of us is privy to the inner workings of their relationship, but we all have a right to express our opinion (within the rules of this community). I don't see a love match between Guillaume and Stephanie and I have the right to say that. Only time will bear out if my suspicions are true.

I understand the implications of what I said and I will say it again: I think Guillaume had a very specific type of girl he wanted to marry that had less to do with character than appearance. I'm not saying it's good or bad but it is what it is. IMO, Guillaume would not have considered anyone less than a noble for his wife.

Amen! Some people just want this thread to be one sided and that's not the case in real life. Well said my friend, I hope people can be a little more respectful of other people's opinions now.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think everybody is right in his way, that's correct as it's right that the same portray or photo provokes different thoughts and feelings to different people.
The most important is not to offend anybody with our criticism, but the constructive point of view really has the right to be expressed, in oral or written way.
If everybody were delighted by Stephanie, it would have been utopic and vice versa. From opinions of people on forum I think there is a middle golden answer, that this couple anyway like and respect each other. In the end, one could just wish them happinness.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

dbarn67 , thank you sooooo much, you've dona a great job!
She's really very lovely young lady.
Quote:
I think there is a middle golden answer, that this couple anyway like and respect each other. In the end, one could just wish them happinness.
Well said!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

My first impressions are: 1) She is better looking than he, 2) the ring is very nice, imposing but not gaudy, 3) she knows how to dress, 4) she appears quite mature, 5) is not used to walking in platformed high heels, 6) has an impish quality about her, 7) she has noble bearing, and 8) appears happy with her decision.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Gentry

One of my comment was deleted. We can discuss look of famous actress. Why is it not good to discuss look of next hgd in a polite way? She is famous person since she is countess herself. Everybody has to be polite. And personally i think its not arranged marriage but his choice. But i think everybody has the right to express opinion positive or negative one. Because if not it will be very strange that only positive things can be allowed. My opinion its not arranged marriage but all those people who said its arranged had a right to say this i think
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleann View Post
But i think everybody has the right to express opinion positive or negative one. Because if not it will be very strange that only positive things can be allowed. And i think everybody has right to tell their opinion.
Indeed, but I think that the moderators are absolutely right in deleting posts that gets too negative and directly rude towards Stéphanie (or any other person for that matter).

Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Aristocracy

Hey elleann! As you're from Luxembourg, would you please tell us how locals react to G and S' engagment?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Indeed, but I think that the moderators are absolutely right in deleting posts that gets too negative and directly rude towards Stéphanie (or any other person for that matter).
Thanks for your opinion, Archduchess Zelia. I think negative comments should be deleted but if its independent source and forum everybody has right to express positive or negative opinion. Otherwise its not freedom of thoughts i think. I think everybody has the right to criticize someone in a polite way. She has many pluses but she also has some things that are not taken into account and this is not only marriage between man and woman, this is marriage to royal family and i dont see the reason why only positive comments should be allowed.
I think that Luxembourg needs queen of hearts like Maria Teresa. the symbolic person. But we have to wait and see her actions and her role as next hgd after the wedding

Tags
engagement, hereditary grand duke guillaume, stephanie de lannoy